Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

Now that I'm free again, maybe I can continue with FC again now.

Don't remember my playtime, but surely it's still under expectations considering I'm still... eh, one third into Chapter 1? Don't know, really. Was gonna go to Amberl Tower next, last I recall.

• Replies 176k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Shrimpica

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

7 hours ago, Sooks said:

And again, music good.

Oh yeah, I haven't mentioned the music in Triangle Strategy yet. It's in the same style, and it's got plenty of bangers of its own. I will say that the usage of music is a tad inferior to Octopath. It lacks those big hype moments, at least so far. But that's a very unfair comparison, considering Octopath had pretty much the best usage of soundtrack of any videogame in recent times.

7 hours ago, Sooks said:

How far into the game is this, out of curiosity? If it’s pretty far, does that mean you’d say it’s overall easy?

7 hours ago, lightcosmo said:

Honestly, some fights pushed me pretty hard, there is little cheese factor from what ive played so far, AI sometimes... Strangely breaks, though.

The fact that you almost always have to lose you entire team to fail makes it difficult to see game overs. I myself have only seen two. But the game is still decently challenging, even on normal. I expect hard would be tough.

Oh dear.

(Chapter XI)

Spoiler

So there's this racism subplot. Instead of animal ears, in this game it's pink hair. Hyzante has a literal concentration camp where the pinkhairs are slaves who work the salt mine day in and out.

They demand we surrender the escaped Roselle living in Wolffort territory, turning them back into slaves until they die of exhaustion, in exchange for being given a high position in their country, as well as their aid against Dolphacula.

There is a clearly wrong option here.

Hoo boy. Freddie's not gonna like this. And neither will I, but... Damn, I'm curious to see where this will lead. No sane person would pick this path...

EDIT: on the other hand...

Spoiler

The position Hyzante would give me in exchange for the Roselle is, precisely, control over the concentration camp. Certainly an interesting position to have if we were to play the heroes... Yes, I see where this may be going now.

It's... Ever so slightly less horrid. But I gotta justify myself somehow. I'm not completely evil. I'm not.

Edited by Saint Rubenio

Oh God, this is terrible.

I'm employing the power of the legendary ball toss for evil.

38 minutes ago, lightcosmo said:

@Saint Rubenio My paths taken so far:

Hide contents

d25ea94db70ea2f07f4d9bc43fe077d7.png

cb8b290b16e0422f6e56bda759dc74f1.png

f684b25d1cc0a3c33fd0f59c52ff27fd.png

2a5efce79780205907abfa2c4ff7b2e3.png

5ee1dc04bba12fdac4c705251e65b5c3.png

d80d1373fb8f26fdb56b78e5c785a8c7.png

My paths are simple. You take yours, and reverse then.

No, seriously. I've taken the opposite path at every single turn. Where you went down, I went up. Fascinating.

Just now, Saint Rubenio said:

My paths are simple. You take yours, and reverse then.

No, seriously. I've taken the opposite path at every single turn. Where you went down, I went up. Fascinating.

It certainly seems like we handle scenarios very differently from eachother then.

I tried my best to do "the right thing" at every turn.

3 minutes ago, lightcosmo said:

It certainly seems like we handle scenarios very differently from eachother then.

Yeah... I find it more interesting to pick the evil option and see where it leads me, how far the devs will let me go.

It's becoming worse and worse lol. The things they're letting me do at this point. And Serenoa still pretends he's a noble man.

Spoiler

I wonder how long until one of the main seven finally betrays me. They did heavily advertise betrayal prior to release, and some of them are less than thrilled with my leadership by now... Nobody has left me yet, though. Thought for sure backstabbing the Roselle would be it for Freddie, at the very least.

2 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Yeah... I find it more interesting to pick the evil option and see where it leads me, how far the devs will let me go.

It's becoming worse and worse lol. The things they're letting me do at this point. And Serenoa still pretends he's a noble man.

Reveal hidden contents

I wonder how long until one of the main seven finally betrays me. They did heavily advertise betrayal prior to release, and some of them are less than thrilled with my leadership by now... Nobody has left me yet, though. Thought for sure backstabbing the Roselle would be it for Freddie, at the very least.

You have an interesting morale compass. I couldn't bring myself to do anything like that, haha.

3 minutes ago, lightcosmo said:

You are talking to a man who sent Rutger to battle armed with nothing against hopeless odds and basically let him serve as a distraction in his FE6 Iron Man. A man who made an individual who lives for battle nothing more than a shopkeep. A man that let another man who lives for battle sit around a tavern acting as an NPC. He may not necessarily set out to do the wrong thing... but he definitely does take what might be called the "more interesting" thing. Which by coincidence often happens to be morally ambiguous.

I'd say I relate... but my ability to "optionally kill" people in games might be a bit... lacking. I played Chrono Trigger for the first time last year. Fully planned to kill Magus so my favourite Party Member (Frog) could return to his human form. Then I got cold feet and didn't kill a character that literally caused a war resulting in untold deaths. I despise Oliver's antics in FE9/10, and fully intend to murder him every time... then I just can't. I find when I've got an option to let someone live I have a slight problem not taking it. Unless apparently it's Metal Gear Solid, Punisher on the PS2, or one of the Hitman games... in which case I have a run where I literally make all the possible kills just to see if I can do it. So maybe it only extends to playable/recruitable characters. Or maybe I was just wired differently in the PS2 era.

5 minutes ago, The Roger The Paladin said:

You are talking to a man who sent Rutger to battle armed with nothing against hopeless odds and basically let him serve as a distraction in his FE6 Iron Man. A man who made an individual who lives for battle nothing more than a shopkeep. A man that let another man who lives for battle sit around a tavern acting as an NPC. He may not necessarily set out to do the wrong thing... but he definitely does take what might be called the "more interesting" thing. Which by coincidence often happens to be morally ambiguous.

I'd say I relate... but my ability to "optionally kill" people in games might be a bit... lacking. I played Chrono Trigger for the first time last year. Fully planned to kill Magus so my favourite Party Member (Frog) could return to his human form. Then I got cold feet and didn't kill a character that literally caused a war resulting in untold deaths. I despise Oliver's antics in FE9/10, and fully intend to murder him every time... then I just can't. I find when I've got an option to let someone live I have a slight problem not taking it. Unless apparently it's Metal Gear Solid, Punisher on the PS2, or one of the Hitman games... in which case I have a run where I literally make all the possible kills just to see if I can do it. So maybe it only extends to playable/recruitable characters. Or maybe I was just wired differently in the PS2 era.

Call me soft-hearted, then. I don't believe i could ever do that. 

I certainly wont argue i feel the same sometimes, but usually doing the right thing is very... "me"

1 minute ago, lightcosmo said:

Call me soft-hearted, then. I don't believe i could ever do that. 

I certainly wont argue i feel the same sometimes, but usually doing the right thing is very... "me"

Well Punisher surely wasn't hard, because you can't kill anyone who's not a criminal (and therefore will start off trying to shoot you to death). The only time not killing anyone is suggested is after an interrogation, in which case sparing someone is how you regain health. Metal Gear Solid 3 was... mostly similar in that everyone you kill would surely kill you if aware of your presence. But the idea of the game is to avoid confrontation as opposed to going out of your way to get it. Hitman though... yeah. No justification for that one. All it did was tank my scores because it took it from looking like an "accident" like in the ideal solution to looking like some lunatic killed everyone in a level for no reason. Though some people definitely deserved it in that one. The witness protection agent in that one mission in Blood Money who keeps raiding the daughter's underwear draw for a sniff? I'd kill him even if I was trying to make the deaths pass as accidents. I don't care if he's not a paid target.

7 hours ago, Benice said:

'Specially multi-route ones, I tend to not be huge on 'em; I made an exception for LAD 'cause... Well... Ichi is a good boy.

Octopath routes are more like individual stories each character follows, there isn't like an overarching narrative aside from like a secret boss you do with all eight characters.

7 hours ago, Benice said:

but I'm not sure I could love a game with a theme called "Pulsation to Tomorrow".

JRPG moment.

59 minutes ago, lightcosmo said:

You have an interesting morale compass. I couldn't bring myself to do anything like that, haha.

Hah, well, ultimately, these are works of fiction. You could trust me with your life in real life. Probably.

And I'll say, it does depend on the story. I couldn't have actively gone for the bad ending in Omori, for instance.

51 minutes ago, The Roger The Paladin said:

Ahh shopkeep Vega. Good times.

51 minutes ago, The Roger The Paladin said:

I'd say I relate... but my ability to "optionally kill" people in games might be a bit... lacking. I played Chrono Trigger for the first time last year. Fully planned to kill Magus so my favourite Party Member (Frog) could return to his human form. Then I got cold feet and didn't kill a character that literally caused a war resulting in untold deaths. I despise Oliver's antics in FE9/10, and fully intend to murder him every time... then I just can't. I find when I've got an option to let someone live I have a slight problem not taking it.

I mean, one could argue you picked the evil option in both of those examples...

5 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

I mean, one could argue you picked the evil option in both of those examples...

I'm not so sure with Magus. The origins of the character revealed about the point you make the decision, as well as his true motivation for his actions go a long way towards explaining his actions... though not justifying them. Oliver on the other hand... killing him just feels like it's pointless. He's already irrelevant by the time you can. He's hardly in the position of power he once abused. Everyone's wise to his antics. He steps out of line, he's pretty screwed.

F-Zero X review

Whereas the original F-Zero was a tech demo, F-Zero X is an actual game and it is pretty neat. There ain't much but there's actual mechanics this time and the tracks are more than just flat surfaces. Like F-Zero SNES however, it kinda feels like once you've done one cup, you've done them all, especially given that locations will often be reused. There's not really much in the way of variety here. Game also has the Mario Kart 64 problem of drifting being way too sensitive to be worth it.

Ehhh 6/10 is fine i think. 

1 hour ago, Armagon said:

Octopath routes are more like individual stories each character follows, there isn't like an overarching narrative aside from like a secret boss you do with all eight characters.

Yeah, but I don't know that I'd want to play the game... It's four times, right? IIRC you pick two playables at a time, I think.

I'm sure the game's good, of course, but... Well, we'll see how I enjoy it when I get there.

4 minutes ago, Benice said:

Yeah, but I don't know that I'd want to play the game... It's four times, right? IIRC you pick two playables at a time, I think.

Nah i'm pretty sure it's one at a time.

10 hours ago, Armagon said:

South American FE with the city of El Dorado inspiring one of the nations.

Ah yes, the old legend that the Natives would tell the Conquistadors just so they could leave them the hell alone.

The funny thing was that gold wasn't considered a currency in pre-columbian days. I'd like to see that concept tackled in...literally anything.

10 hours ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Plot Twist: South America alright... but it's the Guyanas.

The non-LatinAmerican parts of South America: "We exist, dammit!"

Man, there are so many parts of Latin America that don't get talked about enough.

Of course the Quechua people would be my personal wish for South American inspiration, I do love my mountains.

9 hours ago, Benice said:

I've always thought that it'd have been cool if they had really high might and could attack from 1-3 range, but they can only attack once per turn, given that muskets were not the most efficient fellows around. They could also have a point-blank attack where you'd use two musket balls instead of one, which was occasionally used in the 1700s.

That would make a lot of sense, being a powerful yet slow weapon.

That's a small part of the question though. There's also the question if they would have their own class or if they would just be bonus weapons to already existing classes like archers. If they have their own class there would have to be multiple types of muskets, branches to that class, unique skills, so on and so fourth.

58 minutes ago, Armagon said:

F-Zero X review

Whereas the original F-Zero was a tech demo, F-Zero X is an actual game and it is pretty neat. There ain't much but there's actual mechanics this time and the tracks are more than just flat surfaces. Like F-Zero SNES however, it kinda feels like once you've done one cup, you've done them all, especially given that locations will often be reused. There's not really much in the way of variety here. Game also has the Mario Kart 64 problem of drifting being way too sensitive to be worth it.

Ehhh 6/10 is fine i think. 

Yeah, but F-Zero X gives you a couple important things. One, you can now knock other racers out of the race. Important. F-Zero one CPUs would literally ignore the results should you manage this. Hell sometimes they'd deliberately do it to themselves to knock you out because it didn't matter. Two, multiplayer. Very weird it wasn't in the original.

39 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Nah i'm pretty sure it's one at a time.

Gah... I hope none of them are hot, my degenerate mind would pobably pick those people first.

39 minutes ago, GuardianSing said:

Man, there are so many parts of Latin America that don't get talked about enough.

Of course the Quechua people would be my personal wish for South American inspiration, I do love my mountains.

I'd be content just to get even something more basic, such as an Incan-themed FE.

40 minutes ago, GuardianSing said:

That's a small part of the question though. There's also the question if they would have their own class or if they would just be bonus weapons to already existing classes like archers. If they have their own class there would have to be multiple types of muskets, branches to that class, unique skills, so on and so fourth.

Maybe thieves could get pistols*, while dedicated musketeers get more options?