Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

1 hour ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

I have no idea how spicy this is, but I want to imagine it's up there on the Scoville scale.😋

I could make a whole list man. Based on what i've seen so far

• Combat good but if i make a direct comparison to TMS, that game had more fun combat.
  • Time-management is way done better in Atelier and Three Houses
  • In Medias Res is done horribly here. I've said it before but it truly adds nothing to the narrative. Imagine Awakening or Echoes, two FEs with those "premonitions" (Fates also has it but said event is really early) but every time you beat a chapter, you keep flashing forward to the premonition again. That's basically what's going on here.
  • Bond mechanics are done way better in Sakura Wars and, not even joking here, Trails of Cold Steel. Say what you will about dating sim mechanics but at least in Sakura Wars and Cold Steel, the main character is a fully defined character. Persona just has blank slates so the conversations don't feel real. It's like the Byleth/character supports in Three Houses, except that's all you get.
    • Also personality stats determine whether or not you even get to talk with female characters sometimes. It's like Xenoblade 1 Heart-to-Hearts, except you can't come back to it later.

Persona 5 would have to truly be impressive for me to go back to the other Personas at this rate. It's not even a matter of where i started, i probably would be feeling the same way if i started with Persona 3 or 4, maybe even worse given that this is supposedly a series that improves with each game as far as the game goes.

(Yes i know P1 and 2 are much different but age).

• Replies 175.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Shrimpy -Limited Edition-

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

3 minutes ago, lightcosmo said:

What.

I'm playing Persona 5, Persona being a series which Cold Steel took obvious inspiration from. 

Cold Steel does the whole dating sim thing better than Persona. And yeah i suppose you could make the argument of trash vs garbage but it doesn't change the fact that i feel that a lot of what Persona 5 is doing is inferior to what's been done in other games.

37 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Bond mechanics are done way better in Sakura Wars and, not even joking here, Trails of Cold Steel.

Now i will never even touch persona lmao.

Not like i was ever planning on playing it, but now i am just staying away with a ten foot pole xD

The few hours i played P3 gave me CS PTSD anyway lol

Edited by Shrimpolaris

18 minutes ago, Armagon said:

I'm playing Persona 5, Persona being a series which Cold Steel took obvious inspiration from. 

Cold Steel does the whole dating sim thing better than Persona. And yeah i suppose you could make the argument of trash vs garbage but it doesn't change the fact that i feel that a lot of what Persona 5 is doing is inferior to what's been done in other games.

Max sceptisim on this one, nothing can be worse than CS.

12 minutes ago, Shrimpolaris said:

a3y0mbg8zrm81.png

ggklqqb9zrm81.png

I'm going to have to ask you to stop.

5 minutes ago, lightcosmo said:

Max sceptisim on this one, nothing can be worse than CS.

Balan Wonderworld.

Just now, Armagon said:

You're right, it isn't. CS4 is at least a game.

Are we talking gameplay? Cause CS IV doesnt have gameplay, unless you find CB spam the entire game enjoyable ofc. 

And if not that, Fie's Stealth is the next busted thing that makes the game too brain dead.

Just now, lightcosmo said:

Are we talking gameplay? Cause CS IV doesnt have gameplay, unless you find CB spam the entire game enjoyable ofc. 

And if not that, Fie's Stealth is the next busted thing that makes the game too brain dead.

My guy Balan Wonderworld is literally a one button game.