Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

I GOT THE EMPATHY HEIRLOOM

TAKE THAT YOY STUPID ENERGY BALLS COMING FROM EVERY DIRECTION

IM BASICALLY THE BEST AT THIS GAME NOW

Okay, so now I can talk to the blue things. Time to backtrack to one room that was supposedly an “arcane chamber” even though all that was in there was one blue thing (I’ve seen that same set up like five times) and see what it has to say.

Although now I’m wondering what the point of putting one in the intro section was if no player would be able to talk to it then. Maybe you can on NG+?

13 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

I mean, do you want to hear how many attempts it took?

yes

There's two layers of breakable gate separating you from the Pishon area. How'd you accidentally break both and then fall into the hole?

Well the first one I went down to because I was curious what was below, but I’ve actually stumbled across that area before, so I told myself I wasn’t going to make that mistake again.

Then I accidentally pressed a button while standing on the breakable thing…

Oh, well. If you're skilled enough, you could find your way to one of this biome's rooms with teleporters. Y'know, while avoiding the highest-tier enemies in the game in the dark. Good luck!

I died in the first room I visited.

Luckily I picked up the revival skill from an antique I found, which is why that would have been the perfect time to get the empathy heirloom, so my character came back.

To die in the next room instead.

• Replies 176k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Shrimpica

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

5 minutes ago, Sooks said:

I GOT THE EMPATHY HEIRLOOM

TAKE THAT YOY STUPID ENERGY BALLS COMING FROM EVERY DIRECTION

IM BASICALLY THE BEST AT THIS GAME NOW

Okay, so now I can talk to the blue things. Time to backtrack to one room that was supposedly an “arcane chamber” even though all that was in there was one blue thing (I’ve seen that same set up like five times) and see what it has to say.

Enjoy the lore!

Although now I’m wondering what the point of putting one in the intro section was if no player would be able to talk to it then. Maybe you can on NG+?

Yes, NG+ takes you back there.

yes

Well, I will have to disappoint you. 'Cause I didn't keep count.

6 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Then I accidentally pressed a button while standing on the breakable thing…

O O

O

O O   O

O FF

I died in the first room I visited.

Well, I can't blame you, haha.

Luckily I picked up the revival skill from an antique I found, which is why that would have been the perfect time to get the empathy heirloom, so my character came back.

To die in the next room instead.

Hey, you made it two rooms in complete darkness! Not too bad.

I got a pacifist and spawned right next to the boss room again, which made me very excited, but neither of the chests had any money, unfortunately.

Why can’t the boss room spawn right next to me when I have a valkyrie with no negative traits?

Oh wait, I forgot I can keep things the way they were with the architect. Alright, time to try the boss.

Edited by Sooks

7 minutes ago, Sooks said:

I got a pacifist and spawned right next to the boss room again, which made me very excited, but neither of the chests had any money, unfortunately.

Why can’t the boss room spawn right next to me when I have a valkyrie with no negative traits?

Oh wait, I forgot I can keep things the way they were with the architect. Alright, time to try the boss.

Architect is the man you go to when you decide "aight, had enough of this area, time to beat the boss." The strat is encouraged by the presence of teleporters in boss rooms.

27 minutes ago, Sooks said:

The boss keeps destroying me…

I really shouldn't be typing this, it's wya too late, I need to sleep

Yeah, this game's bosses don't screw around. I will give you a tip: each boss has lore. When you get to the end of the lore, you'll be given a hint for a secret. Find this secret, and you'll gain a boost against the boss. If you want, you can visit the room with Lamech's memory multiple times until you exhaust all the dialogue. Then see if you can figure it out.

If worse comes to worst, there's house rules. The game doesn't penalize you for them - quite the opposite, in fact, there's an achievement for trying them out once. Devs are nice like that.

Other than that, you just have to learn the patterns and work on your dodges. Anything that can destroy projectiles should be good in this fight.

Edited by Saint Rubenio

8 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

I really shouldn't be typing this, it's wya too late, I need to sleep

Yeah, this game's bosses don't screw around. I will give you a tip: each boss has lore. When you get to the end of the lore, you'll be given a hint for a secret. Find this secret, and you'll gain a boost against the boss. If you want, you can visit the room with Lamech's memory multiple times until you exhaust all the dialogue. Then see if you can figure it out.

How do I get more lore? And who is Lamech?

Edited by Sooks

Finally, an unbroken pattern of warm weather has arrived! ...Except it jumped from cold to humid and hot today, I was sweating. Winter became summer, whatever happened to spring?😕

It's cool outside now, and I have a fan going b/c the windows open at night tend to attract tiny gnats along the ceiling that I don't want to deal with. Yet it seems the weather can't cooperate in daytime and give me that happy medium.

Oh, and for those in North America who don't have cloudy skies, tonight is a total lunar eclipse.🌕 It grows and wanes over several hours unlike its more famed and less frequent cousin the solar eclipse, which only lasts for a couple minutes at most. At its peak (~12:11 AM EST), the Moon should be covered in a shade of red. Astronomically, a lunar eclipse is when the Earth completely blocks out sunlight from reaching the Moon without passing through the Earth's atmosphere first.

2 hours ago, Armagon said:

i feel like the simple fact of directly tying it to 1 and 2 makes my usual expectations higher. The fact that it's a 3 even moreso.

You know I'm not watching any trailers. Though for me, the questions of expectations are things like: "how much does this fit into or contradict the established lore and characters?", "how dependent is the new plot on the old plot?", and "is the game going out of its way to engage in more appeals than necessary to fans of the old stuff?". If the game ends up being a happy, incoherent mess of throwbacks that diminishes the new stuff... it wouldn't make the story bad ...but not exactly great either.

Melly and Nia aside, I don't want that many returning faces, particularly since a great deal of time has passed. If Shulk and Rex are to make miraculous returns by the game's end, they need to learn their place after any flashy introductions, and never walk in front of all the new dudes. If Sharla and Morag show up, then things have definitely crossed a line, since they're low-tier in importance in their games, and their returns would likely mean a whole lotta others more important than them have as well. Riki and Tora... I would be okay either of them have become Nopon Sages and show up unexpectedly at the end of a little sidequest busywork.

38 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

At its peak (~12:11 AM EST), the Moon should be covered in a shade of red. Astronomically, a lunar eclipse is when the Earth completely blocks out sunlight from reaching the Moon without passing through the Earth's atmosphere first.

I hope i can catch this inb4 it doesn't show in Florida because nothing astronomically cool happens in this part of the US.

39 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

"how dependent is the new plot on the old plot?", and "is the game going out of its way to engage in more appeals than necessary to fans of the old stuff?". If the game ends up being a happy, incoherent mess of throwbacks that diminishes the new stuff... it wouldn't make the story bad ...but not exactly great either.

My optimism says we'll be fine on these two fronts. Takahashi already said the game is good for newcomers and given that Monopon has been tweeting out basic gameplay information we've known since the start of Xenoblade, it does feel like newcomers will do just nicely.

For the second point, at least visually, i'm going to say no. Like the world design at least obviously incorporates elements from both games but they still manage to feel distinct enough. A veteran will recognize the cool details while a newcomer can still appreciate the majesty of it all...and would make them more curious as to how the areas looked like before the merge.

43 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Melly and Nia aside, I don't want that many returning faces, particularly since a great deal of time has passed. If Shulk and Rex are to make miraculous returns by the game's end, they need to learn their place after any flashy introductions, and never walk in front of all the new dudes. If Sharla and Morag show up, then things have definitely crossed a line, since they're low-tier in importance in their games, and their returns would likely mean a whole lotta others more important than them have as well.

100% in agreement here. I can definitely see Shulk and Rex showing up in some sort of flashback or perhaps even as a spirit and some fans speculate Poppi might show up due to a certain thing that was set up in Xenoblade 2 (if you know, you know) but honestly, don't go overboard with the returning faces. Realistically, i only see five characters (including everyone's favorite bird and cat ladies) returning in the flesh and i'm sure you can guess who i'm thinking of.

I will say tho, i do think it'd be neat if the previous casts were acknowledged through like, history. Like you pass by a mural in each of the nations' capitals depicting the previous casts and the plaque reads "This mural depicts the legendary heroes whose actions gave way to the founding of our nation" or something like that. Acknowledge the previous games with cool little callbacks that will interest a new player but keep the focus on the new heroes and their struggles. The big fanservice can be put in a Xenoblade Warriors instead.

22 minutes ago, Armagon said:

inb4 it doesn't show in Florida because nothing astronomically cool happens in this part of the US

I live in Georgia literally 10 minutes away from Florida, and I see a bunch of gorgeous view, interesting phenomena, etc. 

3 minutes ago, lightcosmo said:

I live in Georgia literally 10 minutes away from Florida, and I see a bunch of gorgeous view, interesting phenomena, etc. 

Georgia isn't Florida now is it.

3 minutes ago, Sooks said:

You’d be surprised how just 10 minutes away, God give up completely and go “yeah… y’all are on your own”.

Im reading this, and this sentence structure is missing something, I think.

49 minutes ago, Armagon said:

I will say tho, i do think it'd be neat if the previous casts were acknowledged through like, history. Like you pass by a mural in each of the nations' capitals depicting the previous casts and the plaque reads "This mural depicts the legendary heroes whose actions gave way to the founding of our nation" or something like that.

You're reminding me of these.:

8d50c667535407630df3cb3148c46fe0.png

The stained glass Ocarina of Time Sage portraits that appear in Wind Waker. My guidebook back in the day had images all six of these so I stared at them a bunch, more so than I would've had I only seen them ingame. Since OoT and everything prior to it were my first Zelda experiences growing up, I loved these.

As stained glass is pretty vibrant and intricate, I wouldn't mind at all if Xenoblade opted for it.

49 minutes ago, Armagon said:

The big fanservice can be put in a Xenoblade Warriors instead.

I could've sworn that Aschen sometimes says "DAISERVICE!" during some of her attacks, but none of the vids I can find give evidence of that. "Dai" probably meaning "big" in this case.

---

I did a check on the Moon, the lunar eclipse has begun. Right now, you should notice the Moon is being devoured by shadow going from the bottom left. The eclipse should continue to grow as the next hour and little extra passes. I'm not sure when the color change happens, probably once enough direct sunlight is cut off from the Moon.

Edited by Interdimensional Observer

16 minutes ago, lightcosmo said:

Sad indeed. I feel for you, though!

Yeah that being said

1 minute ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

I did a check on the Moon, the lunar eclipse has begun. Right now, you should notice the Moon is being devoured by shadow going the bottom left. The eclipse should continue to grow as the next hour and little extra passes. 

I actually am able to notice this thankfully. Which is neat cause like an hour ago it was thunderstorms.

Perhaps i'll finally get to see my first eclipse in real life.

2 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

"Dai" probably meaning "big" in this case.

"Dai" generally does mean that. Like we use Kaiju as a general term for giant monster but because in Japan, Kaiju means strange monster, then Daikaiju means big strange monster.

But it's not a huge deal, you say Kaiju and people will know what you mean.

I can see the lunar eclipse well from here. It's a shame that my phone's camera can't take a decent picture, otherwise I'd post one here for you.

Here's the Moon Princess as a consolation.

I'd say, I'm almost tempted to leave the main storyline before triggering the dragons' appearances and just... play through everything else first, haha.

Maybe just do the Whiterun Hold stuff first, then do Dragon Rising...

2 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

You're reminding me of these.:

8d50c667535407630df3cb3148c46fe0.png

The stained glass Ocarina of Time Sage portraits that appear in Wind Waker. My guidebook back in the day had images all six of these so I stared at them a bunch, more so than I would've had I only seen them ingame. Since OoT and everything prior to it were my first Zelda experiences growing up, I loved these.

Oh I see, Nabuuru has her hands behind her back. Could never quite make sense of that window.

Still drawing a blank on Ruto, though. She looks like a butterfly with a human face.

1 minute ago, BrightBow said:

Oh I see, Nabuuru has her hands behind her back. Could never quite make sense of that window.

Still drawing a blank on Ruto, though. She looks like a butterfly with a human face.

She kinda looks like she's lying on her belly, with her head resting on her hands.

I was thinking it maybe depicts her sitting. You know, like in Jabu Jabu's belly. Would make sense as a reference.
But then her head would just be way to friggin large. And it's not like any of the other windows has a tilted angle like that.

6 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Oh, and for those in North America who don't have cloudy skies, tonight is a total lunar eclipse.🌕 It grows and wanes over several hours unlike its more famed and less frequent cousin the solar eclipse, which only lasts for a couple minutes at most. At its peak (~12:11 AM EST), the Moon should be covered in a shade of red. Astronomically, a lunar eclipse is when the Earth completely blocks out sunlight from reaching the Moon without passing through the Earth's atmosphere first.

Well, that's another one we don't get. Well, hope it looked nice.

Just south enough to not be in range of Aurora Borealis, fasum rasum

8 hours ago, Sooks said:

How do I get more lore?

You find the lore rooms. Usually they're rooms with a readable book or a memory in them.

8 hours ago, Sooks said:

And who is Lamech?

The first boss lol. Doesn't his name show up onscreen for a solid few seconds every time the fight starts?