Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

FTGZMhCUcAEodi6?format=jpg&name=large

The map screen. Now, i used the translate feature from Google Lens so take this with a grain of salt but

• Top says "Aetia region full map"
  • Bottom is various zoom in and marking options (some beams of lights can be seen in clips and screenshots, hold this thought for a moment)
  • Right doesn't need translating but it says that it's skip travel and you can even change the weather, which is neat. It also says it's an "uncharted area", likely Scenic Viewpoints.
  • Not a translation but to the bottom left, it seems like you fill in the map as you go like in Xenoblade 1.

Now i want to discuss this because to me this pretty much confirms that it's a seamless open world. I didn't see any options for selecting a different map and the presence of markers, a staple of open world games, leads me to believe that this will be the case. Aetia Region is a place we haven't heard about yet so my theory is that each region ecompasses several different biomes. Let's assume that Aetia covers Eagus Wildlands, Milick Meadows, Great Cotte Falls and Maktha Wildwood. That's potentially four biomes in one region, which is way more biomes than Xenoblade X had (but realistically, it's probably two biomes per region, which makes sense since that's how Monopon's been showing them). Planet Mira had five regions but each region followed one biome. Don't know how many regions Aionios will have but i see potential here. And to present evidence, this map matches up with a stitched screenshot of the Great Cotte Falls

ehdew0i54c091.jpg

Position of lake next to the narrow bridge matches up. But the name doesn't. Which leads back to my theory.

(Side note but why is the UI orange like what's the theme here?)

Anyways

FTGZL7sUcAEEGUe?format=jpg&name=large

This shot is 100% intentional (bro i just noticed Bionis' hand to the side of Uraya's mouth, Valak Mountain confirmed?)

55 minutes ago, Shrimpolaris said:

nCeDBYV.png

ulLBngs.png

Lessons learned: you can't make everyone happy. You gotta choose which smile to protect.

Rex Xenoblade on his way to beat up whoever made the girl cry

InfamousNaiveDiamondbackrattlesnake-smal

8 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Although I have my doubts a PC release will fix the "performaaaaaaaaaaaance!" issues. I don't know much about programming, and yet, I speculate the technical problems stem of RF5 from spaghetti code, or vermicelli, perhaps farfalle, macaroni maybe even fusili.

There might be mods to do so but it probably won't be in the official release.

Someone is definitely going to mod in an actual hard mode tho.

• Replies 176k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Shrimpica

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

I started on a D&D campaign this evening. It took three hours for three people to make characters, I was bad at it.

Shame it'll be pretty long between meetings, would be nice to see how we start off the campaign.

11 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Are you referring to the buttplug.io software I was referring to like yesterday?😛

No, I was not.

I was on about the potential to add stuff for relationships in it.

11 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

I haven't purchased RF5 yet, so there is a chance I could go PC with it. (The little lava lamp lookalike for where the Sun don't shine would have to be a hypothetical gift from a hypothetical very accepting boyfriend.) Although I have my doubts a PC release will fix the "performaaaaaaaaaaaance!" issues. I don't know much about programming, and yet, I speculate the technical problems stem of RF5 from spaghetti code, or vermicelli, perhaps farfalle, macaroni maybe even fusili. Putting old wine in new bottles makes no difference if the fermented grapes were very unripe when they got pressed. 

The secret is that it's a medley of pasta codes

12 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Rex Xenoblade on his way to beat up whoever made the girl cry

"i love you...

and all you guys"

-Rex's answer to lover's dilemma 

2 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

17 Coding Memes For The Frustrated Software Engineer - Memebase - Funny  Memes

facts

1 hour ago, Dayni said:

What was this eggplant hunt for?

Absolutely nothing. They don't serve a purpose. It's just neat to have them.

22 minutes ago, Benice said:

Ruben must keep a few kilometers away from this game at all times, though. He'd hate it.

There we go again. Always with the Ruben hate. And what if I played it and I liked it, huh? What then?

Wait is this some reverse psychology shit? I won't fall for your tricks!

Well, once again a US state does some mad shit in it's courts.

It's not going to stop is it?

2 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Absolutely nothing. They don't serve a purpose. It's just neat to have them.

Because eggplants. Can we just call them aubergines again?

What was this in?

5 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

And what if I played it and I liked it, huh? What then?

It means that Reuben would have taken your body, mind and soul. This game is very anime and horny.

...It's not that fanservicey, though. It'd probably still not be the sort of thong you'd like.

6 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

No, I would never use reverse psychology! It's why I think you, and everyone else on this thread, should never play Yakuza 0.

9 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

If it works, then boy do I have games you should never play then...

40 minutes ago, Dayni said:

No, I was not.

I was on about the potential to add stuff for relationships in it.

Ah, my mistake. The fact that mod-writing isn't official means it's the equivalent of inserting fanfiction, which I'm not exactly fond of.

And, the mere addition of s/s marriage is enough to make me content with the game in that aspect. I shouldn't need more chatter or under the sheets stuff hacked in to feel the good feels. The best feels would be IRL relationships, but that's nowhere near as easy unloading $60.

16 minutes ago, Benice said:

...It's not that fanservicey, though. It'd probably still not be the sort of thong you'd like.

I can't tell if this is intentional or not.🤔

Just now, Interdimensional Observer said:

I can't tell if this is intentional or not.🤔

Oh dear.

It most certainly was not. St. Elimine, my typing's not excellent...

Just now, Benice said:

Oh dear.

It most certainly was not. St. Elimine, my typing's not excellent...

It's a mistake as forgivable as changing "SRX" to "SEX". Which is to say, the standard QWERTY keyboard just has to place "i" and "o" right next to each other.

Your little error got a chuckle out of me. No need to apologize.😉

1 hour ago, Dayni said:

Triple attacks? Or does this affect both attacks and is effectively brave effect on all weapons?

If you have enough speed, you always get 4 attacks in, every battle.

1 minute ago, Armagon said:

I love how Anya's face shows worry but her actions are the exact opposite. 

Anya is just pure Chaos. Pure unadulterated Chaos

Sheesh, the 2020's better not be a queue of pandemics... first Covid, now possibly Monkeypox...

Edited by Acacia Sgt

7 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Ah, my mistake. The fact that mod-writing isn't official means it's the equivalent of inserting fanfiction, which I'm not exactly fond of.

And, the mere addition of s/s marriage is enough to make me content with the game in that aspect. I shouldn't need more chatter or under the sheets stuff hacked in to feel the good feels. The best feels would be IRL relationships, but that's nowhere near as easy unloading $60.

I mean, there's a reason why Gay Fates or Awakening are popular mods. The addition of choice can be an encouragement in and of itself.

Course, the writing will be the deciding factor. And does Rune Factory have voice work?

2 hours ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Sheesh, the 2020's better not be a queue of pandemics... first Covid, now possibly Monkeypox...

As the 1920's were a carefree time for the rich, the 2020's seem to be a time of instability.

10 hours ago, Dayni said:

Because eggplants. Can we just call them aubergines again?

Sure. Then I can say Aubreygines and it'll be a funny Omori reference, which I can then utilize as a starting point to unleash my arguments to make everyone play Omori.

10 hours ago, Dayni said:

What was this in?

Rogue Legacy 2.

10 hours ago, Benice said:

It means that Reuben would have taken your body, mind and soul. This game is very anime and horny.

Oh.

...Uh, yeah, I would imagine not.

No, I would never use reverse psychology! It's why I think you, and everyone else on this thread, should never play Yakuza 0.

How dare you tell me what to do.

10 hours ago, Acacia Sgt said:

If it works, then boy do I have games you should never play then...

What have I done.

9 hours ago, Shrimpolaris said:

Rr5s0FX.png

Ah yes, I've seen thumbnails of this in Youtube. I clicked on it without thinking and immediately regretted it, knowing what it would do to my recc feed. Luckily, Youtube's algorhythm must've been sleeping or something, because I've not been flooded with clips from this like all the other TAtS.

Well, as it turns out, the final boss of Exit Fate is very difficult. I'm going to have to go back and buy more stuff, I'm a bit underprepared for this. That, and I've discovered that the game just ends after the final boss, no postgame. Instead, the "postgame" content is meant to be done right before the final boss. You just leave the final area right before the end. A bit clunky, but okay.

37 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

That, and I've discovered that the game just ends after the final boss, no postgame. Instead, the "postgame" content is meant to be done right before the final boss. You just leave the final area right before the end. A bit clunky, but okay.

Yeah um......most RPGs do this. Some unlock content *after* you beat the game but it still sets you before the final boss.

Actually it's not just RPGs, games in general do this.

9 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Yeah um......most RPGs do this. Some unlock content *after* you beat the game but it still sets you before the final boss.

Actually it's not just RPGs, games in general do this.

Right. Guess I've just not played many games with postgames.