Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

30 minutes ago, Shrimpolaris said:

Tax money well wasted?

Well, I can tell you I'd probably lose my shit if, after the opposition's daily "you're a terrible person that does everything wrong" speech at parliament, he just replied "nice copium post."

17 minutes ago, Newtype06 said:

The guy whom I met during my AoT fandom times. He used to write entire essays before everything went to shit.

Ah, but if he's an online acquaintance, you cannot say with certainty that he isn't the president of Spain, can you?

• Replies 176k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Shrimpica

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

52 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

The one miniboss from Berwick Saga that I find really funny because he has such a mundane name?

What do you mean? The name is Spanish! Spanish! How much more Mystique and Exoticness do you expect from a Japanese game?

- Sincerely, somebody quite befuddled by the mysterious Thracian enemies named "Eins", "Zwei", "Drei", "Fünf", "Elf", and "Zwölf"

Oh, not to mention that "Petra" is a fairly common name in German. Just the male version of "Peter". Somewhat out of fashion (I'd say you mostly find it with women between 40 and 60 years old), but not really a name that signals "from a faraway country" for me :lol:

2 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Meanwhile all the Lusitanic Pedro's:

Err... Iberian! Iberian!

Meanwhile all the Brasilian Pedro's:

Edited by ping

20 minutes ago, ping said:

What do you mean? The name is Spanish! Spanish! How much more Mystique and Exoticness do you expect from a Japanese game?

That guy spawns next to another miniboss called Ali Baba. Imagine that. Ali Baba and Pedro. What an iconic duo.

20 minutes ago, ping said:

- Sincerely, somebody quite befuddled by the mysterious Thracian enemies named "Eins", "Zwei", "Drei", "Fünf", "Elf", and "Zwölf"

Ah yes, my favorite person: Six.

3 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

That guy spawns next to another miniboss called Ali Baba. Imagine that. Ali Baba and Pedro. What an iconic duo.

*At the Siege of Valencia under El Cid's banner*

Ali Baba: I never thought I'd die fighting side by side with a Christian.

Pedro: What about side by side with a friend?

Ali Baba: Aye. I could do that.

30 minutes ago, ping said:

Well, of course you'd find it weird. But not to the Japanese.

It's best when you see the rest of the Dreadlords have the rest of the numbers. XD

2 hours ago, Shrimpolaris said:

what's wrong with a character design out of Hentai anyway

Nothing. Most of the time, "character looks like it came out of a hentai" = "i do not like this character but i have no valid reasons to argue why".

1 hour ago, lightcosmo said:

All I knew was what you and they others told me, which wasnt much. 

Which in turn intrigued you enough to take a peak.

38 minutes ago, ping said:

Reminder that Atelier Sophie 2 called an item a "black agujero".

4 hours ago, Armagon said:

Yes, this is basically the gist of it. Plus, if you do get to finish everything you wanted to do, you can just skip the remaining days and progress the plot/beat the game. In hindsight, i don't know why i wrote "Like Persona 5, Atelier E&L has the story split over chunks and you have deadlines at the end of these chunks. Even if you complete the primary objective, you still have to wait before you can advance to the next chapter" because you technically don't have to wait if you really don't want to. But the point still got across, so it's fine in the end.

Okay, that's fine.

3 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Bro: LET ME SPEAK!

Hero: Bro...

Bro: I'm tired of being your bro. Why do you get all the character development and I get relegated to one lameass two-bit supporting actor trope that gets shamelessly reused again and again?!

Hero: ...Wha-

Bro: I WANT SOME FUN FOR ONCE! And since you're unwilling to entertain steamy brocest, or unexpectedly die forever and let me become the surprise true protagonist halfway into the story, what else could I have done?!

Hero: You, you're...

Bro: I've said my peace, partner. I'm don't care if I'm siding with yet another beast born of human vices that seeks to devour all. My fate is cursed by mediocre writers regardless.

Hero: You're-!

Bro: I stabbed Heroine BTW because she vomited every night at being yet another Amnesiac Fragile Shy Special Powers Needs-A-101-On-How-Basic-Life-Shit-Works Waifu. The puke smelled of Guinness drank by the barrel. It was an act of mercy; not that I love her, romantic jealousy between best buds is blasé. She's so gonna hate you on the inside when you resurrect her 7 chapters from now, the afterlife rocks you kno-

Hero: -You're more twisted than I thought Bro!😨

Bro.

1 hour ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Ahahahahaha

https://www.fanfiction.net/s/11867824/1/Brother-s-Triumphant-Return

I remember that picture, which probably inspired this fanfic, but... this makes it more hilarious to actually read a written version of it... XD lol

Before Awakening is canon to this.

The timeline is falling apart in my hands, oh geez.

18 minutes ago, ping said:

IS: The Deadlords are German, IT JUST MAKES SENSE!

1 hour ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Ah, but if he's an online acquaintance, you cannot say with certainty that he isn't the president of Spain, can you?

Unfortunately I can 😔

He lives across the country from me.

30 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Ah yes, my favorite person: Six.

Crunchyroll - Forums - What would you say/do if you woke up lying next to  the above - Page 1279

14 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Reminder that Atelier Sophie 2 called an item a "black agujero".

BURACO NEGRO

*At the Siege of Valencia under El Cid's banner*

Ali Baba: I never thought I'd die fighting side by side with a Christian.

Pedro: What about side by side with a friend?

Ali Baba: Aye. I could do that.

Thanks, Kaga.

1 hour ago, Newtype06 said:

Unfortunately I can 😔

He lives across the country from me.

You... You've ruined my every hope and dream.

Too bad.

He's so old, he's literally named after his age. Anime!

27 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

"No sir, you're not getting me out of this fort."

Quick someone launch the fort into the seize point.

10 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

He's so old, he's literally named after his age. Anime!

Surname, actually.

Also has a granddaughter named Sylvia Noventa.

10 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Quick someone launch the fort into the seize point.

QFrAXwy.png

2 hours ago, Dayni said:

Not like there aren't any characters named after the Japanese pronunciation of numbers.
Like the Vinsmoke family in One Piece, for example.

16 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Source.

Course, you are right homophobia is still very prevalent if you flip through the other articles there.

I'll be honest, I was on the site to see if there was anything added to the photography section for Pride Month. A dose of cold reality to go with it is unwanted but deserved.

Things are getting better, I promise ye that much. Hell, it wasn't that long ago when the f word was used regularly, and now it's properly recognized as a slur.

13 hours ago, Benice said:

Wow, I hadn't a clue that they stretched out that far...

It's a bit valley-like over here, but the plains are really far off both directions.

I won't complain too much about that, though!

There's nothing quite like it in the world. It's why I still live here.

3 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Who is Pedro? My Spanish teacher from high school? The one miniboss from Berwick Saga that I find really funny because he has such a mundane name?

...the president of Spain? Is my president complaining about anime fanservice online?

I was thinking Pedro II of Brazil personally.

2 hours ago, ping said:

They should use the Diné language so they get phrases like Yá'át'ééh shik’èí dóó shidine’è

12 minutes ago, BrightBow said:

Not like there aren't any characters named after the Japanese pronunciation of numbers.
Like the Vinsmoke family in One Piece, for example.

Hey, I don't mind it. It's just funny to be on the receiving end of the "far away = mysterious" trope for once, instead of the usual "German = harsh/angry". :lol: Not too different from simple Chinese words as tatoos, really.

(and honestly, silly naming schemes are great fun. I love that Dragonball has a family consisting of Dr. Briefs, Panty, Bloomer/Buruma/Bulma, and Bra)

Two things.

1- I was wrong. Karajan is good at combat. Remember when I said I played chapter 5's hardest iteration so I could get a tome for Karajan? It's a 3-range, brave nosferatu. He also got a three-times brave tome, for good measure. So now Karajan's good. Disregard that Accorte can use it too, it's better on Karajan.

2- He got another move point. Another one. On a 3% growth. He's one point away from capping move.

Conclusion: When this game comes out, use Karajan. All of you. Even the ones that won't play the game. Mod Karajan into your game of choice and use him.

Edited by Saint Rubenio