Jump to content
Eunie

We L(Ike) Hellos, Games and Teehees

Recommended Posts

6 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Come now, don't lie to yourself and me. It's not going to happen. FE forgot what beards on playables looked like in Awakening. If the leak is a thing and that old guy from the pics exists, he's going to die a shitty, pointless death for nonexistent dramatic effect, and that's a guarantee.

If it is real I suspect he'll stay playable, FE has only risked killing off one playable in the last decade and that was...... weirdly handled.

Though I think I'll take your bet on him being few and far between.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Benice said:

FRICK I FORGOT TO CHECK BIRTHDAYS THIS WEEK

 

Happy (very late) birthday @Michelaar and @Strullemia! Sorry about missin' y'all.

Thank you so much! I'm flattered!

 

PS: I see you're hyped too about the new AI: The Somnium Files game 😉

Edited by Michelaar

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Poor man's Lorenz?

Poor man's is right if they do add gacha to this game...

34 minutes ago, Dayni said:

If it is real I suspect he'll stay playable, FE has only risked killing off one playable in the last decade and that was...... weirdly handled.

Though I think I'll take your bet on him being few and far between.

Then he won't be playable. Don't forget Jeralt. They bent over backwards to avoid giving him to you, just so they could kill him for absolutely no reason and accomplishing nothing in the story. They can do that again.

Man, I so hope this is false. I'd even look at a Three Houses 2 with kinder eyes after this scare. Hey maybe that's the true marketing strategy going on here...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Then he won't be playable. Don't forget Jeralt. They bent over backwards to avoid giving him to you, just so they could kill him for absolutely no reason and accomplishing nothing in the story. They can do that again.

Makes no sense when in the very images he already has ranked supports available to him, they scrubbed those back for Jeralt.

6 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Man, I so hope this is false. I'd even look at a Three Houses 2 with kinder eyes after this scare. Hey maybe that's the true marketing strategy going on here...

It's a curiosity, but until we get anything concrete we can tear ourselves up over it. Hence why I'd rather hear actual answers at this stage.

I think I got over things a bit after the loss of Pepsi Lord.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, Michelaar said:

PS: I see you're hyped too about the new AI: The Somnium Files game 😉

Yup! The release date's really snuck up on me, but I've been waiting on pins and needles for it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Dayni said:

Makes no sense when in the very images he already has ranked supports available to him, they scrubbed those back for Jeralt.

Oh.

...forgive me. I was too busy by the simultaneous gacha / monastery comeback punches to focus on the finer details.

8 minutes ago, Dayni said:

It's a curiosity, but until we get anything concrete we can tear ourselves up over it. Hence why I'd rather hear actual answers at this stage.

Oh yeah, definitely. It's all hearsay until Intsys confirms it. And thank God, cause this is literally the worst case scenario.

8 minutes ago, Dayni said:

I think I got over things a bit after the loss of Pepsi Lord.

What if Pepsi Lord is Karajan without the hood.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Sooks said:

Didn’t this chapter take you like a month the first time on lunatic?

...

3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Strullemia said:

You Played Ai Somnium Files too?

Yup! Love the Aiba pfp you've got rollin'.

See @Sooks you should join our army as we await the sequel!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Shrimpolaris said:

...

3

RIP

Just now, Benice said:

Yup! Love the Aiba pfp you've got rollin'.

See @Sooks you should join our army as we await the sequel!

I have it wishlisted on Steam. That’s something.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have it downloaded

2 minutes ago, Dayni said:

Least you didn't take 6 months on Chapter 19 in Thracia or something.....

Ffff

Couldn't warp spam?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Shrimpolaris said:

Couldn't warp spam?

.....I was trying to avoid it and also grab shit, because this was 2016 me and trying to keep everything was a feature.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Benice said:

Yup! Love the Aiba pfp you've got rollin'.

See @Sooks you should join our army as we await the sequel!

Same goes for your Mizuki pfp. She and Aiba were my favorites.

But yeah anyone wanting to experience a great unique detective mystery story I would really recommend Ai The Somnium Files. It’s really a special experience. The game has a fantastic story and a great cast of characters. 

I bought the game when it went on sale and after finishing it I immediately pre ordered the sequel. I only wish I played the game earlier then I would’ve tried to buy the collector’s edition. I really recommend it and if you live in the EU the game is on a 80% discount.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Shez the Ripper vs. Senator Eisner

7 hours ago, Armagon said:

Along with Valdi who we saw last week, there's definitely someone else making the artwork for the Hero characters who aren't the Nopon duo. And it's a consistent artstyle too. We have yet to know who it is.

They might have been designed by Monolith Soft employees, like some of the less important characters in Xenoblade 2 were.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Goddamnit, the final boss is too difficult. I might have to resort to the boring protag kill. It's theoretically possible to give it to someone else, but damn is it hard. And I went and ran out of time, too, so I won't even be able to do it tonight either.

Ah, well. I suppose there'll be time for cooler kills in other runs, when I know my way around the game better. I can't just get stuck here forever, haha.

Edited by Saint Rubenio

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Played through the first four missions of SRW30 (male protagonist and Earth route), getting to the point where the vast array of missions unlocks.

20220615151410-1.jpg

I can identify two of the trusty old friends I'll be nabbing first.😁

-If the missions are easy enough that is at this point. And, I'll wait until after my laptop recharges before I continue. Probably after dinner.

I hadn't used my 8BitDo controller in a while, so I ran into some annoying issues with it. Resolved. I also somehow lost fullscreen mode which chipped at the immersion, didn't check the Web for a solution until after it was done.

Overall, an easy start on Hard difficulty (I got all the Skill Points barring one in OGs, I can play a touch higher; no Skill Points here will remove some artificial pressure). The UI is significantly different in design from OGs, so I needed some time to adjust to that. Also need to get a grip on this unfamiliar crew. I haven't tossed upgrades into any unit other than the Hucky 30 and Drei', since I know the former will be final battle mandatory and reliable as the never-bad OG hero machine, and the latter is a battleship which are mandatory 99% of the time.

The AOS System is new, and I think I'll be liking it. Since the OGs battleships were usable in OG1 and... lacking in OG2, I want to see if Dreisstranger can be made into a battleship worthy of the word (I think it strange to see no E Field on it, but HP and EN Regen M are plenty awesome compensation. Also peculiar- can along the ground, I didn't expect landship functionality). Although, it does make some sense that battleships would be subpar, even ignoring that it's Super Robot Wars. IRL, the age of the battleships begun during the Early Modern Period, came to an end with World War II. Why rely on one big, sinkable platform with a few cannons able to shoot projectiles some quantity of kilometers/miles far, when you could take the guns off that platform, fill it with many smaller but still very destructive gun/missile/bomb carriers? Aircraft are much more mobile than the platform they're nested in, with a greater attack range and variety of angles of attack than those ship-mounted cannons. The Not-Space Battleship Yamato and its sister the Musashi were grandiose newborn relics of an outdated style of warfare. Battleships in SRW are the IRL battleships, and the mechs, the aircraft. --Though this is fantasy, not reality, so I can choose to make obsolete strategies work!

So, foot is in the door. I'm playing it, I'm enjoying it. It's familiar and that is good.😀

I'm not quite adjusted to the change of animation stylings, and licensed anime characters compared to knockoffs is something I need more time to digest. As for all that is "anime" in video games that I tolerate, accept, and love, the real deal still has an alienness to me -as I don't watch anime- and I haven't yet embraced it. -But I'm sure the sense of foreignness can gradually away melt with time.

 

6 hours ago, Dayni said:

Shit man, I hope you're going to get through this.

I'll endure, it's only some existential emptiness. Keeping things in perspective, a lot of people have and do have it a lot worse than me.🙂

Plus, an untreated ego that continually beats itself up for being pathetic, hasn't ever sank into the "serious danger zone" for me. Doesn't feel good at all, but I've never once thought of what I once heard the Japanese rail system announces over the public intercom as a "human incident".

Fear of my own mortality can drive me lower than how I feel from emptiness and being pathetic. But, I am not presently experiencing that kind of anxiety, thank goodness! Although even in the depths of that, I've only ever reached the point where I can understand why someone would... to borrow the words of Issun from Okami when you head down an emperor's throat into his stomach to kill a plague demon and inject those lighthearted words with a much darker meaning- "Leap before you think". NOT approve of that action just to clarify! I never would, but when existence itself feels so miserable -even if it's all in my head- I thought I could feel what wrongly drives others to take that most tragic of actions.

So yeah, I'll survive with or without counseling, but what I want is not to survive, but thrive. In a holistic existential way. For my overactive mind to have nothing or as little as possible in solid evidential material with which it could somewhat-rightfully torment itself when it isn't distracted by enjoyable activities.

5 hours ago, Benice said:

Oof... That can be frustrating for sure, but I do hope that the therapy proves useful for you!

Thank you!😃

5 hours ago, Benice said:

I would advise watching the Cardanals instead of the Bluegays, since the latter keep losing to the weakest teams in the MLB.

🤣

Excellent wordplay!

You've also triggered a memory of mine. In college, I read a book called Browned Off And Bloody-Minded (I no longer have it, unfortunately). About daily life for the average British soldier during World War II. The book did briefly touch on one aspect of having so many men living their day-to-day lives with each other, with few women around. That being, a superbly homosocial world led to some men realizing they were homosexual. I recall a mention of man going about their barracks in drag even, I don't remember the book mentioning if any of his fellow brothers-in-arms even flinched at this -camaraderie born of warfare I suppose. But, the one line that stood out to me, was a soldier on the Italy front who strolled back into into camp one day, reportedly shouting "I fucked a cardinal's nephew!". Which -provided the alleged nephew was a rational adult who consented to the fucking- is a line that definitely belongs in the history books.

The only other passage I remember from the book, was when the author said the average British tourist, as embodied in the WWII British soldier, could be described as "Nasty, brutish, and in shorts".

 

4 hours ago, Newtype06 said:

There is an EVEN BETTER solution

Raymond Saint — Char as the leader of Neo-Zeon (Char's...

I advise having liquor with food

Gundams-Char-Aznable-in-McDonalds-Japan-

it's better that way.

(Saw this news posted literally today.)

 

3 hours ago, Armagon said:

You're like five chapters ahead of me now aren't you?

Not yet!😉 I'll get to that in no time though. SRW I think I can play any time of day. Metroid I think demands more alertness from big old aging me, so I can't stay up past midnight playing that. SRW is a different story.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

I'll endure, it's only some existential emptiness. Keeping things in perspective, a lot of people have and do have it a lot worse than me.🙂

Plus, an untreated ego that continually beats itself up for being pathetic, hasn't ever sank into the "serious danger zone" for me. Doesn't feel good at all, but I've never once thought of what I once heard the Japanese rail system announces over the public intercom as a "human incident".

Fear of my own mortality can drive me lower than how I feel from emptiness and being pathetic. But, I am not presently experiencing that kind of anxiety, thank goodness! Although even in the depths of that, I've only ever reached the point where I can understand why someone would... to borrow the words of Issun from Okami when you head down an emperor's throat into his stomach to kill a plague demon and inject those lighthearted words with a much darker meaning- "Leap before you think". NOT approve of that action just to clarify! I never would, but when existence itself feels so miserable -even if it's all in my head- I thought I could feel what wrongly drives others to take that most tragic of actions.

So yeah, I'll survive with or without counseling, but what I want is not to survive, but thrive. In a holistic existential way. For my overactive mind to have nothing or as little as possible in solid evidential material with which it could somewhat-rightfully torment itself when it isn't distracted by enjoyable activities.

I suppose I don't have anything to add this time.

1 minute ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

I advise having liquor with food

Can confirm from experience.

2 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Gundams-Char-Aznable-in-McDonalds-Japan-

it's better that way.

Maybe not this though

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...