• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Shrimpica

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

6 hours ago, Shrimpolaris said:

ToYV1ue.png

I did not expect to wake up to something like this.

5 hours ago, Armagon said:

I take back what i said about her being a modded Nabohino.

Anything this could be a knockoff of?

1 hour ago, Saint Rubenio said:

It's the Garon of character designs. It's so hilariously terrible, I almost kinda like it in a bizarre way.

Really.png.069d524055d01bc45043756e319c5038.png

1 hour ago, Saint Rubenio said:

You know, if this turns out to be real and we really get monastery 2 + console Heroes, at least I can take solace in the fact that they remembered what a beard is.

...then again, that may just be the single most robust piece of evidence AGAINST the leak. That is not a character design modern IntSys is capable of. Even Hanneman, blessed as he was, wasn't allowed to have a full beard.

If you count 3C there's sort of a monastery 2 there

Admittedly if that's the one thing that's the argument against IS being involved, we should also remember Gust being involved as a part of this leak specifically on the graphic end of this hypothetical.

58 minutes ago, Julizan said:

032wMc0.jpg?2

Well, for most I start with Kirby characters since they are not too bad to draw for being non human.

Nice. I get that choice to start with those, enough details on the characters like these to practice with and not too much to overwhelm.

Paper Kirby could have this style.

30 minutes ago, BrightBow said:

Only 42 more days and it's Bertolia time.

Karajan Saga.

Incidentally, I should be ready to unleash some impressions this afternoon. Literally all I've left is the final boss, so I can already say where it's going to end up on the tier list.

Just behind Berwick. Yeah, it's that good. The list is always subject to change with time, of course, but that is my opinion after this first run. It is VERY good.

18 minutes ago, Dayni said:

Really.png.069d524055d01bc45043756e319c5038.png

I just realized, her hair has Lilina's entire color scheme.

If you count 3C there's sort of a monastery 2 there

Monastery 3 then. Awesome. I guess the "75% of the FE is not FE" mechanic truly is here to stay, if the leak is factual. Woooo...

Ah, well. Better not judge a book by its cover. It may not be Karajan Saga, but maybe it won't be the most terrible thing ever. First step, confirm that the leak is real. Second step, confirm that the gacha-like mechanic isn't monetized and thus the series isn't going to die an agonizing, disgraceful death. Third step, tell me the beardman exists.

Admittedly if that's the one thing that's the argument against IS being involved, we should also remember Gust being involved as a part of this leak specifically on the graphic end of this hypothetical.

I have zero real knowledge of Gust's work, and what little surface glances I've gotten of some of their games have made my gut retch and tell me "nope, this ain't for ya."

So that's another great sign. So far this game seems to have literally everything going for it being the murderer of the series for me personally. But then, I thought 3H looked rather great prerelease, so who knows, really. I want to have some faith, at least. They remembered what a real beard looks like!

Either way, I maintain what I said before. It isn't real until it is official. Then we'll see.

Paper Kirby could have this style.

Maché Kirby.

I have no real comment to make here, but Phone Serenes.

A Paper Kirby game would be such an awesome idea for a Kirby RPG, a genre this franchise needs and deserves so badly.

And to be honest it should not even be that difficult to execute that already classic Kirby games have usually more lore than Mario ones.

Speaking of "Paper" Bug Fables is such an adorable game considering I have not played a Paper Mario game.

Monolith Soft dropped two new Xenoblade 3 tracks (new as in this is the first time we're hearing them in their entierity). First, The Weight of Life

This is the second trailer theme and it has parts we didn't hear there.

And second, there is the Keves Battle

This is the battle theme we've been hearing a lot

200.gif

The fact that it's called "Keves Battle" makes me thing this game will do the Xenoblade 1 thing where the battle theme is different depending on where you are. The "Elite Monster" battle theme is probably "Agnus Battle". 

Bro it's crazy how the game isn't even out and Xenoblade 3 already has the best OST of the year.

9 hours ago, Acacia Sgt said:

It's an understandable sentiment. Even I barely knew much mecha anime when I first learned of SRW. I would even say I learned more series through SRW than otherwise.

And hey, it's not the first time i go into a crossover unfamiliar with what's being represented.

7 hours ago, Benice said:

This is terrible, but I kinda love it. I hope that she's, like, a total goober.

I'm not gonna lie, the design itself is honestly pretty terrible.....but like it loops back around to being kinda charming actually.

The Gust cuteness definitely helps, she's trying her best.

7 hours ago, Newtype06 said:

Atlus Switch games running worse than Kingdom Hearts lets gooooooooooo

Atlus making a cloud version of Persona 3P for the Switch knowing damn well that it's a simple PSP game

7 hours ago, Newtype06 said:

Every time I clear a map there's one conversation and then reinforcements arrive. If I were to put in FE terms, it's like every time you routed the enemy in a "rout map", instead of ending the chapter you get get enemy reinforcements showing up and then you have to rout them again. Happened every chapter.

Yeah these sort of crossover SRPGs tend to do this. Project X Zone 1 was particularly bad with it, along with everything being tied to one SP bar.

6 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Myself included, naturally. All the "no this has C R E D I B I L I T Y" claims by fans are making me worry more than i should...

Tbf, Mario+Rabbids was leaked from a credible source, nobody believed them because it sounded too stupid, and then it actually was a thing.

5 hours ago, Julizan said:

my profile picture

032wMc0.jpg?2

Well, for most I start with Kirby characters since they are not too bad to draw for being non human.

Though my ultimate goal is draw Lysithea one day...

I am still in practice.

Oh this is really neat.

4 hours ago, Dayni said:

Anything this could be a knockoff of?

Now that we've seen it from the front......i can't think of anything.

4 hours ago, Dayni said:

I did not expect to wake up to something like this.

We don't even know if it's real and there's already fanart, bless.

4 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Monastery 3 then. Awesome. I guess the "75% of the FE is not FE" mechanic truly is here to stay, if the leak is factual. Woooo..

I mean it would depend on if it's actually the Monastery again. It's likely that it could just be another My Castle situation and it's more of a hub rather than "you will do this for a long time". I mean heck, the fact that one of the screenshots even has an option to "go to the world map", so yeah, definitely more of a My Castle thing.

4 hours ago, Julizan said:

A Paper Kirby game would be such an awesome idea for a Kirby RPG, a genre this franchise needs and deserves so badly.

Not paper but Epic Yarn counts.

7 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Monastery 3 then. Awesome. I guess the "75% of the FE is not FE" mechanic truly is here to stay, if the leak is factual. Woooo...

It's already a musou though. A better musou than FEW and my brief contact with AoC, but I'm not exactly an expert on the genre.

Admittedly it's not the same as Monsatery in terms of length, far from it, I'm just not going to pretend the base camp doesn't have similarities.

1 hour ago, Julizan said:

And to be honest it should not even be that difficult to execute that already classic Kirby games have usually more lore than Mario ones.

Use the RPG segments from Super Star as a base?

Okay maybe not, but it'd be cute to me.

6 minutes ago, Armagon said:

We don't even know if it's real and there's already fanart, bless.

She's been given nicknames relating to Joycons, toothpaste and Pepsi.

Did any FE lord get memed on this much this fast?

9 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Now that we've seen it from the front......i can't think of anything.

Concerns increase

2 minutes ago, Dayni said:

Did any FE lord get memed on this much this fast?

No but no other Lord also looks this ridiculous. Although tbf, I do think this could be an old model and there could be revisions. If real, she'd probably look much better than what we're seeing.

I also want to say that while I do see the Gust influence in terms of cuteness, this does not seem like a character they would design. So the design probably came from someone else and Gust simply modeled it.

Ya know what's the biggest sign i think this is fake?

• Mobu
  • WWWWWWWW

If you are into japanese media as much as i am, Mobu usually referes to mob characters. No way they are calling an important knight that. 

And while WWWWWWWW could be for testing, it's also used for lol.

Mobu + lol doesn't exactly make it credible lol. It's like who leaked the pics (or who made them) is laughing at all us mobs lol

Well, discussion is fun anyway, and the amount of chaos this has caused is incredible. I am legit enjoying this XD

25 minutes ago, Shrimpolaris said:

Ya know what's the biggest sign i think this is fake?

• Mobu
  • WWWWWWWW

If you are into japanese media as much as i am, Mobu usually referes to mob characters. No way they are calling an important knight that. 

And while WWWWWWWW could be for testing, it's also used for lol.

Mobu + lol doesn't exactly make it credible lol. It's like who leaked the pics (or who made them) is laughing at all us mobs lol

Well, discussion is fun anyway, and the amount of chaos this has caused is incredible. I am legit enjoying this XD

I still maintain that the beardman is the biggest proof that it's fake.

1 hour ago, Armagon said:

Oh this is really neat.

Thank you!

Not paper but Epic Yarn counts.

Ah, Epic Yarn is not a RPG, but sure, the design would definitely work for a game I suggested, furthermore it features a narrator which makes the story more lively.

1 hour ago, Dayni said:
Use the RPG segments from Super Star as a base?

You mean the battle against the Computer Virus (or however it is called)?

I think it could work.

Though I dislike how it was implemented in Super Star since it is required to block to avoid taking a hit, and most Kirby players do not block intentionally.

I think a time based RPG like in Mass Attack's subgame Kirby Quest could work better, furthermore since it is basically the same gameplay as Bug Fables (and probably Paper Mario series) has.

Or a round based RPG with fixed numbers like Fire Emblem as I am workin on rn.

1 hour ago, Shrimpolaris said:

you are into japanese media as much as i am, Mobu usually referes to mob characters. No way they are calling an important knight that. 

Ok see, counterpoint: 

Mob_Psycho.png

where the main character's nickname is "Mob" (Japanese pronunciation "Mobu"). So there's precedent for calling an important character that.

And it wouldn't be the first time

Grinch_leak.png

Although I will say this does seem to have more effort put into it than the Grinch leak if it's fake. Someone made whole ass models and sprites, UI and environments, put them in low res screenshots and said "have fun".

The main things against it are still the cursor and also why is it in Chinese, especially if those images are from an alpha build? Unless it's the alpha build of a Chinese knockoff.

20220616_112146.jpg

Sauce

#final fantasy from i can't just sit back and wait for the end to come.
53 minutes ago, Julizan said:

You mean the battle against the Computer Virus (or however it is called)?

I think it could work.

Though I dislike how it was implemented in Super Star since it is required to block to avoid taking a hit, and most Kirby players do not block intentionally.

I think a time based RPG like in Mass Attack's subgame Kirby Quest could work better, furthermore since it is basically the same gameplay as Bug Fables (and probably Paper Mario series) has.

Or a round based RPG with fixed numbers like Fire Emblem as I am workin on rn.

Obviously expanding upon it would be required, but maybe I'd actually learn to block with Kirby for once myself.

(Also, you can dodge some of the attacks, from what encounters I've had.)

5 minutes ago, Armagon said:

20220616_112146.jpg

Sauce

Based Bakaretsu.

1 minute ago, Shrimpolaris said:

Toothpaste-chan taking the internet by the storm xD

The votes have been caste.

Boring Lord: 0

Pepcon Toothpaste: Loads

17 minutes ago, Shrimpolaris said:

Toothpaste-chan taking the internet by the storm xD

Fire Emblem fans when Toothpaste-chan ends up being fake

Well, I did say it was the Garon of character designs. It's only natural she's receiving this amount of love. Fanart of bad designs is, after all, like seeds.

Anyway, there we go. VS2 is finished. The epilogue isn't translated yet and the endings are poorly formatted, so I'll have to leave that for another time. Some extended impressions later, when I am able to gather my thoughts into a coherent paragraph.

In the meantime, I leave you with this.

7 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

So that's another great sign. So far this game seems to have literally everything going for it being the murderer of the series for me personally. 

Inb4 it'll be your favorite game in the series.

...I mean, you did love Conquest, so pretty much anything's possible.

2 hours ago, Armagon said:

I'm not gonna lie, the design itself is honestly pretty terrible.....but like it loops back around to being kinda charming actually.

Yeah, pretty much this.

I mean, I'd want to be a goober if I were a toothpaste half-dragon.

5 minutes ago, Benice said:

Inb4 it'll be your favorite game in the series.

...I mean, you did love Conquest, so pretty much anything's possible.

Beating Karajan Saga and Derrick Saga would be a tall order. An extremely tall order and I'm fairly certain Toothpaste-chan automatically disqualifies it.

The rest, though... maybe.

Edited by Saint Rubenio

Just now, Shrimpolaris said:

Well, the rumours do mention alot of Fates mechanics are coming over, so...yay?

I can't wait to put a ton of generics in my army to support Female Garon and (hopefully) Endgame Ready Beard 2: Electric Boogaloo while ignoring all the other no doubt horrid-looking anime teens the game will throw at me.