• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Shrimpica

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

3 hours ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Sigh. Today is Father's Day over here, but one of his coworkers tested positive for COVID and a couple others had flu-like symptoms. He's fine... so far. So yeah, plans have been moved to next Sunday... if things hold up. Aw man...

Zoinks. Hopefully he'll be OK for then...

---

We celebrated Father's Day yesterday, 'cause my parents are headed to Vancouver for a funeral today and tomorrow. I guess it works out, though, since it's really rainy out today, while yesterday was a bluebird day.

I cannot be a true Spaniard until I beat Maldita Castilla.

It has been years coming. I've owned this game for 8 years. You know Ghost n' Goblins, the classic poster boy of shitty, unfair NES difficulty? This is a tribute to that - by which I mean, it's that but better and Spanish. Very Spanish. I haven't played it that often. I only had a little over 10 hours registered before I started playing a couple days ago. It's the kind of game I remember randomly every couple of years, give a few tries, then lose interest because I suck too hard. With TF2's bot situation currently being, that I've seen, at its worst ever (gee it's almost like organizing a worldwide campaign to feed the troll was never going to accomplish anything but make it a very giddy troll), I've turned to this patriotic game to fill the days until the summer Steam sale.

I've only ever gotten the worst possible ending. In order to get the true ending, you must find five tears hidden throughout the levels, then beat the true final boss without using more than 3 continues. I made it past the false final boss without losing a single continue. This is the further I've ever gotten. I was hopeful, for just a moment.

I lost about 15 lives against the penultimate boss and just like that, gone was the chance to get the true ending.

Welp. Guess I'll ask Mom about that French nationality.

This game is too difficult, don't play it.

1 hour ago, BrightBow said:

Supposedly there is a Father's Day going on somewhere.

Ayyy, I have this one saved still! I'm so glad I now know every character here.

7 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

...And they took out the random, ill-fitting national leitmotivs for the characters! How terrible is that!? Now everyone has generic music...!

The bluegrass theme for the Italian Waluigi makes me very happy for some reason.

4 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Hah! Oh, that's a good one! Imagine thinking the problem with the soulless cash grab is that it isn't soulless enough! I'd like to imagine the Japanese are better than that, and simply disliked the game because it's... y'know, a soulless cash grab.

Not an uncommon thought process among higher-ups trying to market to children. Always going for the cutesy family friendly vibe .

The sad thing is that it works, and they know that it works, which is why they push so hard for it.

3 hours ago, Shrimpolaris said:

garon_king_of_nohr_slide03.png

I'm probably gonna play Majora's Mask with it

3 hours ago, Shrimpolaris said:

hzh4OSD.png

Normalize women proposing first.

7 minutes ago, GuardianSing said:

The bluegrass theme for the Italian Waluigi makes me very happy for some reason.

To be fair, Waluigi does seem like the kind to grope his sister.

Not an uncommon thought process among higher-ups trying to market to children. Always going for the cutesy family friendly vibe .

The sad thing is that it works, and they know that it works, which is why they push so hard for it.

I mean, there's a reason they've been systematically butchering every Mario spin-off series. They don't need to do any better, people eat it up anyways.

Normalize not marrying

7 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

I've only ever gotten the worst possible ending. In order to get the true ending, you must find five tears hidden throughout the levels, then beat the true final boss without using more than 3 continues. I made it past the false final boss without losing a single continue. This is the further I've ever gotten. I was hopeful, for just a moment.

"Hope is the thing with feathers,

that perches in the so-"

7 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

I lost about 15 lives against the penultimate boss and just like that, gone was the chance to get the true ending.

RIP

6 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Welp. Guess I'll ask Mom about that French nationality.

Surrendering I see?

6 minutes ago, GuardianSing said:

When I first glanced at the image I thought it was two women, what a fool me.

Just now, Saint Rubenio said:

Normalize not marrying

Pretty sure that's already going on.

3 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

To be fair, Waluigi does seem like the kind to grope his sister.

Didn't know he was a Fire Emblem Fates protagonist.

Fact about the banjo is that it was originally a West African instrument and it was brought over to America through the slave trade, since then it gained huge popularity in the 1910s as the guitar of it's time, though an unfortunate rise as it went alongside with the odd fetishization of black culture by white Americans at that time who would do tours across Europe wearing black face.

It was in the 1930s during the Great Depression that banjos got lost in public eye as banjos became far too expensive and most people opted for the much cheaper guitar, which is one of the reasons why the guitar is still so popular to this day.

That's my history lesson for the day.

17 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

I mean, there's a reason they've been systematically butchering every Mario spin-off series. They don't need to do any better, people eat it up anyways.

Ah, capitalism, encourages branding with no effort for it's those who give the most care who make the least amount of money.

18 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Normalize not marrying

That too. I know particularly for women they're often looked down upon in conservative communities for being selfish for not marrying or having children.

19 minutes ago, Dayni said:

When I first glanced at the image I thought it was two women, what a fool me.

Could be, could be two men, either way my point still stands.

Abuela Katana is a phrase I apparently needed to hear.

1 minute ago, GuardianSing said:

Fact about the banjo is that it was originally a West African instrument and it was brought over to America through the slave trade, since then it gained huge popularity in the 1910s as the guitar of it's time, though an unfortunate rise as it went alongside with the odd fetishization of black culture by white Americans at that time who would do tours across Europe wearing black face.

It was in the 1930s during the Great Depression that banjos got lost in public eye as banjos became far too expensive and most people opted for the much cheaper guitar, which is one of the reasons why the guitar is still so popular to this day.

TIL, thanks.

2 minutes ago, GuardianSing said:

Fact about the banjo is that it was originally a West African instrument and it was brought over to America through the slave trade, since then it gained huge popularity in the 1910s as the guitar of it's time,

Wasn't the banjo plated more percussively by striking the strings in its original iteration as well? I seem to recall reading that somewhere...

13 minutes ago, Benice said:

Wasn't the banjo plated more percussively by striking the strings in its original iteration as well? I seem to recall reading that somewhere...

Aye, clawhammer, seen as modern but could be thousands of years old.

53 minutes ago, Dayni said:

"Hope is the thing with feathers,

that perches in the so-"

RIP

Fun fact: The boss was Death. So, yeah, RIP is right.

Surrendering I see?

Not yet.

33 minutes ago, GuardianSing said:

Didn't know he was a Fire Emblem Fates protagonist.

Hey, how dare you. Xander isn't into little sisters, he's into dead little sisters.

Huh. Thanks for letting me know this. I now have something else to diss the US for.

Ah, capitalism, encourages branding with no effort for it's those who give the most care who make the least amount of money.

Once you've got a recognizable brand name, that's it. You're set. Straight up, the optimal play is to care as little as possible and just keep shoveling out crap for the fanboys to regurgitate. Isn't that awesome?

That too. I know particularly for women they're often looked down upon in conservative communities for being selfish for not marrying or having children.

"How dare you be an evolutionary dead end. Children are gifts from God, why do you refuse His present to you? Have a kid, damn you!"

Stops giving half a flying fuck the second the child is actually born.

12 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Hey, how dare you. Xander isn't into little sisters, he's into dead little sisters.

I think that's worse

12 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Huh. Thanks for letting me know this. I now have something else to diss the US for.

The banjo has recently spiked up in popularity with a lot of modern players knowing and honoring those old African traditions

This is a session of a famous banjo player playing with a famous Kora player, an instrument not directly fathering the banjo but nonetheless related.

16 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Once you've got a recognizable brand name, that's it. You're set. Straight up, the optimal play is to care as little as possible and just keep shoveling out crap for the fanboys to regurgitate. Isn't that awesome?

"How dare you be an evolutionary dead end. Children are gifts from God, why do you refuse His present to you? Have a kid, damn you!"

Stops giving half a flying fuck the second the child is actually born.

Oh by the way, it's Juneteenth today which is the American celebration of the emancipation of slavery.

Slavery is till very prevalent in the US as big corporations like Nestle abuse underage work slaves in poor countries to make chocolate and other goods but nobody seems to notice and we all continue to live in ignorance believing that slavery is all in the past.

My, aren't we nihilistic today?

Forget only being in other countries. The 13th Amendment still declares slavery legal for prisoners. Slavery is still legal in the US... and let's not get into starting how it's abused with their penal system.

Edited by Acacia Sgt

33 minutes ago, GuardianSing said:

Nestle abuse underage work slaves in poor countries to make chocolate and other goods

That sounds like parents and their reason to have children! Lmao

Why is this in my recommended feed?

I like it. Send me more of these and less clips of any season's Trendy Anime of The Season.

38 minutes ago, GuardianSing said:

I think that's worse

I can't say I agree. My favorite Elise is Deadlise, as you well know.

The banjo has recently spiked up in popularity with a lot of modern players knowing and honoring those old African traditions

Ah, that's good. Nice.

This is a session of a famous banjo player playing with a famous Kora player, an instrument not directly fathering the banjo but nonetheless related.

It sounds more... dignified, somehow, than the usual melody that comes to mind when one hears the word "banjo." I dig it.

Oh by the way, it's Juneteenth today which is the American celebration of the emancipation of slavery.

Slavery is till very prevalent in the US as big corporations like Nestle abuse underage work slaves in poor countries to make chocolate and other goods but nobody seems to notice and we all continue to live in ignorance believing that slavery is all in the past.

Woo. Humanity.

My, aren't we nihilistic today?

It's Depression O'Clock, I guess.

16 minutes ago, Shrimpolaris said:

Do you smell Freedom yet

Happy Juneteenth. And happy Father’s Day.

6 hours ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Sigh. Today is Father's Day over here, but one of his coworkers tested positive for COVID and a couple others had flu-like symptoms. He's fine... so far. So yeah, plans have been moved to next Sunday... if things hold up. Aw man...

I hope he and all his coworkers are okay/able tk fully recover. And I hope those plans do go well, when you get around to them.

3 hours ago, Benice said:

We celebrated Father's Day yesterday, 'cause my parents are headed to Vancouver for a funeral today and tomorrow. I guess it works out, though, since it's really rainy out today, while yesterday was a bluebird day.

I hope your parents and everyone else headed to that funeral are doing okay and are able to pull through. And everyone who knew the person who passed, really. That’s never easy.

14 minutes ago, Shrimpolaris said:

What if Gust involvement is in the music?

YES YES YES YES

Can’t wait for the game where you play as toothpaste to have the best OST of 2023.

1 minute ago, Sooks said:

Can’t wait for the game where you play as toothpaste to have the best OST of 2023.

Look man, if it has superb music and Fates gameplay 2.0 without a Story or characters that make me wanna burn my screen i am definetly in xD

1 minute ago, Shrimpolaris said:

Look man, if it has superb music and Fates gameplay 2.0 without a Story or characters that make me wanna burn my screen i am definetly in xD

I mean, all you need is Fates gameplay 2.0 for me. Everything else is a bonus.

1 minute ago, Sooks said:

I mean, all you need is Fates gameplay 2.0 for me. Everything else is a bonus.

True enough

I don't want my ears to bleed or my mind to go dumb from story stupidity tho. Just don't be complete trash is all i ask xD

2 minutes ago, Shrimpolaris said:

True enough

I don't want my ears to bleed or my mind to go dumb from story stupidity tho. Just don't be complete trash is all i ask xD

Mute in settings + skip button (+other video game music you like)