Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

43 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Possible Direct this week perhaps?

If that's the case, i doubt we are getting FE news

One thing that supports direct this week is that ninty is shadowdropping a game tomorrow

https://old.reddit.com/r/GamingLeaksAndRumours/comments/vfvp8s/roller_champions_switch_date_leaked/

Edited by Shrimpolaris

• Replies 176.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Shrimpica

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

34 minutes ago, Shrimpolaris said:

If that's the case, i doubt we are getting FE news

One thing that supports direct this week is that ninty is shadowdropping a game tomorrow

https://old.reddit.com/r/GamingLeaksAndRumours/comments/vfvp8s/roller_champions_switch_date_leaked/

Shadowdrop will happen regardless but this would suggest a Direct tomorrow.....so long as the announcement for that is today. We will see.

If FE17 is real and is coming later this year, I don't see why it wouldn't be in an "E3" Direct. Although with this late in the month, it's probably just a normal Direct. A Direct this week also provides one last marketing push for Three Hopes.

5 minutes ago, Armagon said:

f FE17 is real and is coming later this year, I don't see why it wouldn't be in an "E3" Direc

3Hopes. It would be cannibalising.

Unless they think FE17 might push 3Hopes sales?

5 minutes ago, Shrimpolaris said:

3Hopes. It would be cannibalising.

Unless they think FE17 might push 3Hopes sales?

1 minute ago, twilitfalchion said:

I don't think we'll be getting any FE news this year with Three Hopes being a thing

Spring 2023 at the earliest

Guys they literally had an entire Fire Emblem Direct a few years ago and three of the four games shown released later that year.

Just now, Armagon said:

Guys they literally had an entire Fire Emblem Direct a few years ago and three of the four games shown released later that year.

yeah but they didn't reveal a new one 3 days before the release of another one.

If direct is next week, i totally except FE news, if it's tomorrow however....

3 minutes ago, Shrimpolaris said:

yeah but they didn't reveal a new one 3 days before the release of another one.

You know what that is a fair point.

23 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Well we are getting a Direct after all

Edit: WAIT FUCK I CLOCK IN AT WORK AT THAT EXACT TIME GOD DAMN IT

Sorry, I'm going to be mourning after the interview that morning.

Hmmm, does this kill there being a Nintendo Direct this month?

5 minutes ago, Armagon said:

..........Oh God what if they drop a demo after the Direct?

..honestly

if they do, i won't play it, i already plan to buy it day 1 anyway and i am freaking swamped with games and real life atm xD

2 hours ago, Armagon said:

Wait so there's two DLC packs and also a separate expansion pack?

DLC1 released in November of last year, DLC2 the month after, these bundled together comprise the Season Pass. The Expansion Pack released in April of this year. Season + Expansion = $50.

17 minutes ago, Dayni said:

Hmmm, does this kill there being a Nintendo Direct this month?

Why would Nintendo skip? I think they did ignore official E3 once in the past, but what is the reason this time? Do they want a little more time to prepare the lineup of minute-long trailers? Are they letting the heat from earlier presentations die down so they can stand out more? 

Edited by Interdimensional Observer

Just now, Interdimensional Observer said:

Why would Nintendo skip? I think they did ignore official E3 once in the past, but what is the reason this time? Do they want a little more time to prepare the lineup of minute-long trailers? Are they letting the heat from earlier presentations die down so they can stand out more? 

It's more that I don't really recall them putting directs for specific games around the same week as a general direct. The Xb3 direct being the 22nd is pretty tight to the rest of the month if that is true.

And as for letting the heat die down, they've already done that. So to announce a direct for a specific game would suggest that's what they want to focus on at the minute.

1 minute ago, Dayni said:

It's more that I don't really recall them putting directs for specific games around the same week as a general direct. The Xb3 direct being the 22nd is pretty tight to the rest of the month if that is true.

And as for letting the heat die down, they've already done that. So to announce a direct for a specific game would suggest that's what they want to focus on at the minute.

wasn't the FE direct back then pretty close to a normal direct?

14 minutes ago, Shrimpolaris said:

..honestly

if they do, i won't play it, i already plan to buy it day 1 anyway and i am freaking swamped with games and real life atm xD

I envy your restraint.

9 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

The Expansion Pack released in April of this year. Season + Expansion = $50

Namco moment.

7 minutes ago, Dayni said:

more that I don't really recall them putting directs for specific games around the same week as a general direct. The Xb3 direct being the 22nd is pretty tight to the rest of the month if that is true.

5 minutes ago, Shrimpolaris said:

Yeah the FE Direct was like a week after a normal Direct.

3 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Namco moment.

Is this the best DLC deal ever? No. It's far from the worst though.

And, this being mainline SRW's first Western release, I didn't mind picking up the Season Pass when as part of the Digital Deluxe edition it went on sale. I wanted to support the franchise, and when most of it has to be emulated for English speakers, I think of it as back-paying Banpresto for the stuff I hitherto couldn't. -Though this is me, and you might have a different perspective on the value of the DLC. Understandable.

Edited by Interdimensional Observer

2 minutes ago, Shrimpolaris said:

Didn't recall that direct being in January, looking at the list on Wikipedia the next one (Nindies) was the end of February and the one before it was in November.

Just now, Armagon said:

Yeah the FE Direct was like a week after a normal Direct.

Not seeing it on wikipedia's list, apparently the Nintendo Switch Presentation wasn't being counted as one there.

2 hours ago, twilitfalchion said:

I don't think we'll be getting any FE news this year with Three Hopes being a thing

Spring 2023 at the earliest

I disagree. Three Hopes is a spin-off that isn't even the same genre. That'd be like Mario Party 8 coming out in 2007 forcing Super Mario Galaxy to be delayed to 2008. That didn't happen, both games can co-exist, they don't fill the same niches. IntSys weren't even involved in the making of Three Hopes, as far as I know, it's all Koei.

2 hours ago, Armagon said:

Well we are getting a Direct after all

Edit: WAIT FUCK I CLOCK IN AT WORK AT THAT EXACT TIME GOD DAMN IT

Oh, just Xenoblade? Well, you guys enjoy it.

I will buy an army of bots to spam "BUY VESTARIA SAGA 2 INSTEAD" in the chat

10 hours ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Well, I'm off to bed. Tomorrow, my first day at my new work. Will certainly not be back here until quite a while tomorrow. Hopefully things do go fine...

Good luck, and I hope that things have gone well by the time that you read this!

7 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

I will buy an army of bots to spam "BUY VESTARIA SAGA 2 INSTEAD" in the chat

Nooo, you have to join in with the people saying "SONIC ADVENTURE 3" and say "Nobody cares" every time something that isn't sonic is mentioned!

'Morning!

29 minutes ago, Benice said:

Nooo, you have to join in with the people saying "SONIC ADVENTURE 3" and say "Nobody cares" every time something that isn't sonic is mentioned!

...But... It's a Xenoblade event...

6 minutes ago, BrightBow said:

Only 38 more days until Bertholia day.

I always talk about Karajan, but Bertoullia is very epic. You're going to love her, like everyone else.