Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

That combination attack, WTF! 😳 This said, it did momentarily erase a most unfortunate coincidental same-name situation that was making me laugh moments beforehand. -All the Sakura Wars characters have been recruited. I do wish that two of them weren't nearly identical though.

I've nabbed a few more Ace Bonuses: Asahi's (weak), Ryusei's (sorta bland), Gilliam's (rather good I'd say). Part of Ryusei's Ace conversation was ripped from OGs, how lazy. My first non-OG character to get their's ended up being Quattro, although I don't understand how he racked up that many kills other than the Dakar battle, I think he must've come with an abnormally high base Score. Gridman is one off from hitting 60.

I keep rotating my non-OGs, and I'm thinking I'll actually rotate in and out a couple of the mainstay OGs as desired now. The game is easy enough and leveling so quick that I can do so. I like accruing lots of Aces too. Definitely helps that some characters have gotten their upgrades now. Though the "filler" Gundam and L-Gaim characters seem incredibly weak and barely worth ever using.

@Acacia Sgt Sorry to ask again, but I just completed the lengthy Code Geass battle, and the only non-Front mission presently available to me is the next main story mission set near Jupiter with the GaoGaiGo force-deployed. Here is my question:

• And if I head straight to Jupiter instead of doing Fronts & Relics, what happens to the time I didn't spend? The time which, had I spent it all, would've then forced me to go to Jupiter. 
    • For a hypothetical example, if I had 6 mission time slots left before the EMERGENCY! would trigger, would those slots carry over? As in, if the game gave me 10 additional time slots after the Jupiter mission, would I now have 16 slots? Or, would the leftover 6 be erased altogether and I would only have 10?

Also, does time get consumed if I visit those Exclamation Points for +20 PP +500 EXP and +2 Score to two randomly selected characters?

Again, my apologies for asking! Time -being invisible- is the one thing the game doesn't explain too well, despite the plentiful tutorial pages.

Edited by Interdimensional Observer

• Replies 176.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Shrimpica

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

Well, it turns out you can't just capture members of a mercenary band just because you want to.

Heh. Guess that doesn't matter, I'll just use an amiibo to replace them, Aether's the same as Luna, right?

7 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

...But... It's a Xenoblade event...

That never stopped some of Sonic's fanbase...

15 minutes ago, lightcosmo said:

Thats never good!

It’s okay! I’ll be going back all week, plus I have something with a friend on Thursday, and then Three Hopes releases on Friday, so I have stuff to look forward to.

4 hours ago, Sooks said:

Well, the acting thing was fun. I’m glad I’m doing it.

Hooray! I'm glad it worked out.

12 hours ago, Armagon said:

Well we are getting a Direct after all

Edit: WAIT FUCK I CLOCK IN AT WORK AT THAT EXACT TIME GOD DAMN IT

I can't watch it live either, but maybe I can watch it on my break...

11 hours ago, Armagon said:

That's some real good art tho, hope they upload a higher resolution soon.

I like the Ouroboros symbol behind the party. Now which one of them is the Grandmaster? I'm putting my money on Manana.

4 hours ago, Sooks said:

But now I’m home again, which means I’m back to being bored…

I'm guessing you're not ready to devour the fruit of knowledge and achieve true haha.

K4fquqZ.png

Three Hopes is also good, even if you don't pick the best house (i.e. the Golden Deer).

Today on Kirbo and the 4th world War i finished World 4 and what i guess is the midway point of the game...

2 quests are keeping me from 100% world 4 atm

The freaking ice twin boss no damage, and this one i have no idea how to do.

The other one is Dedede bo damage, but that seems pretty possible.

Level design is still excellent, up there with Mario Galaxy 2 or maybe even better

They are really going all Yoshi's Island with the quests tho (there you also had to do a no damage vs. Bosses for the 100%)...

Edited by Shrimpolaris

4 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

My first non-OG character to get their's ended up being Quattro, although I don't understand how he racked up that many kills other than the Dakar battle, I think he must've come with an abnormally high base Score. Gridman is one off from hitting 60.

Yes, new characters come with kill counts based on a certain average, from what I recall.

4 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Sorry to ask again, but I just completed the lengthy Code Geass battle, and the only non-Front mission presently available to me is the next main story mission set near Jupiter with the GaoGaiGo force-deployed. Here is my question:

• And if I head straight to Jupiter instead of doing Fronts & Relics, what happens to the time I didn't spend? The time which, had I spent it all, would've then forced me to go to Jupiter. 
    • For a hypothetical example, if I had 6 mission time slots left before the EMERGENCY! would trigger, would those slots carry over? As in, if the game gave me 10 additional time slots after the Jupiter mission, would I now have 16 slots? Or, would the leftover 6 be erased altogether and I would only have 10?

Also, does time get consumed if I visit those Exclamation Points for +20 PP +500 EXP and +2 Score to two randomly selected characters?

Again, my apologies for asking! Time -being invisible- is the one thing the game doesn't explain too well, despite the plentiful tutorial pages.

No, time doesn't get "saved up", from what I recall.

The Iris visits, you mean with the Exclamation Points? I don't really know. They're not an Area Mission... I think, so it shouldn't use up a time slot.

12 hours ago, Shrimpolaris said:

it's less that and more i don't have time lmao

Oh lmao.

Kirby good, keep playing that.

7 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

just hope this doesn't override the regular Direct

It won't.

40 minutes ago, Shrimpolaris said:

I remember I did that Dragon Fire with power buffs. The damage over time really helped.

2 hours ago, Benice said:

Hooray! I'm glad it worked out.

Thank you!

I'm guessing you're not ready to devour the fruit of knowledge and achieve true haha.

K4fquqZ.png

It’s less than I’m not ready and more so that I know that a big time commitment game like Trails that I’m already not heavily invested in plus my current mood would lead to me taking a  break at some point, except that break would be like 3 months long and I would have no idea what was going on and just have to redo the whole thing, which would be even more painful if it’s as good as the last two games were. Also, I never watched that NG+ exclusive scene that apparently I needed to know.

Three Hopes is also good

Of course. Day one.

even if you don't pick the best house (i.e. the Golden Deer).

Funny way of spelling Black Eagles.

Edited by Sooks

I thought I was done with another play session when Chapter 4 came to an end...

Platinum.png

...time for one more mission!

My mistake for it being so dark. I didn't feel like a redo given how it's a little tedious taking a screenshot with the Steam shortcut disabled.

Excellen.png

Finally!😁

And with her arrival, I can at last take a breather from Super Robot Wars 30. The game is long (I'm not going to complain anymore that OG Gaiden is only 35 maps once it's translated).Some enemies are starting to get more durable and hit harder too, it's a tad less mindless fun now. Even so, with OG Best Lady in the house I feel like I can at last splurge my 6.4 million credits. At the least, I intend to give many mechs their Custom Bonuses, since that is pretty cheap at ~90k apiece with the AOS upgrades. I'm going to turn things up to Expert too.

Back to feeling utterly powerless and blocking out the screen with my hand every time an E.M.M.I. catches me tomorrow!

2 hours ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Teasing already for 3rd OG, huh?

I take it this isn't DD replicating the one Moon Dwellers battle I'm told of where the Balshems show up (I guess to scout for the coming Balmar invasion)? I haven't watched any LPs of the MD itself.

Maybe it's not hinting at anything, but, maybe it is. Like that odd Huckebein Mk. II Unit 3 you mentioned before. I'd say we're due for the next OGs. At the end of this month, it'll be 6 years since MD (albeit two of those years has had the delaying contamination of Covid), seems long enough a wait to get it late this year or sometime next year.

Need it not be said, I have many questions. DGG4? Will Alpha!Cobray show up as he foreshadowed? Will Masaki still be using the Imitation Lichrol Converter and will it cause problems? More EF characters? Return of the Shura (sure they've skipped two games, but will 3rd be so grandiose as to bring them back anyhow)? Have the Lightning and Eternal Excellence frames been rebuilt? Will the J team still be around (I read comments saying they left with the Fury)? Is W getting added since it's chronologically the next title, and will its story be completely told in one game or hang over into another like MX and Ibis's character arc? After W is Z, so is the start of the Z trilogy within the OGverse going to begin? Considering every OG game -minus Gaiden- finishes with an OG final boss (even if the villain is old, their form is adamantly neue), what new shape shall Ephes -assuming him to be the foe of foes- take? And will we get new spritework and animations just as we did during the jump from PS2 to PS3?

Edited by Interdimensional Observer

3 hours ago, Shrimpolaris said:

This was the hardest quest for me in the game; the last one I finished. It took me about 20 attempts. I learned by that fight how fun and effective it is to use no ability since hitting two enemies simulteanously with one attack prevents from taking body damage from them. It is so easy to get hit by them with a close combat ability, so keep attacking from the distance is the key to success here imo.

By the way the no hit boss quests were the initial ignition for me to keep doing boss rushes without abilities. Have done it for Forgotten Land and Return To Dream Land and yet have to beat Triple Deluxe, Planet Robobot and Star Allies.

I Hurry to my liege Anankos. ClEared the two maps that run in a row first try. Must be because I actuaLly used units who had some stats behind them. Maybe I can stoP Corrin from ending our god.

15 hours ago, Awoken Dayni said:

END ME?

25 minutes ago, Awoken Dayni said:

I Hurry to my liege Anankos. ClEared the two maps that run in a row first try. Must be because I actuaLly used units who had some stats behind them. Maybe I can stoP Corrin from ending our god.

HELP?

Are you Ok? I hope these little hidden messages in the improperly capitalized letters are just for funsies, like some fun little ARG content, and not something more serious...

1 minute ago, Eltosian Kadath said:

Are you Ok? I hope these little hidden messages in the improperly capitalized letters are just for funsies, like some fun little ARG content, and not something more serious...

A problem? WHy, I'vE no earthLy IdEa what that meanS.

9 hours ago, Sooks said:

which would be even more painful if it’s as good as the last two games were.

CS III? Oh boy, you're still innocent, don't forget that! XD

A reaction image that will probably be useful when Xenoblade Chronicles 3 releases:

VKBozj1.jpg?1

10 hours ago, Sooks said:

It’s less than I’m not ready and more so that I know that a big time commitment game like Trails that I’m already not heavily invested in plus my current mood would lead to me taking a  break at some point, except that break would be like 3 months long and I would have no idea what was going on and just have to redo the whole thing, which would be even more painful if it’s as good as the last two games were. Also, I never watched that NG+ exclusive scene that apparently I needed to know.

I get it, though I'm reminded how it's very convenient how the in-game journal keeps a summary of the plot. Here is the NG+ stuff again so you don't have to go looking for it yourself.

10 hours ago, Sooks said:

Funny way of spelling Black Eagles.

The Black Eagles don't have Lorenz.

43 minutes ago, lightcosmo said:

Yep, this is CS arc alright! XD

Alisa finally claims her rightful place as protagonist.

Edited by Lightchao42

ir4rm8smry691.png

Persona again with the weeb free card

11 hours ago, Armagon said:

I remember I did that Dragon Fire with power buffs. The damage over time really helped.

what i tried, but when they rage and rush i just can't evade lol

8 hours ago, Julizan said:

effective it is to use no ability

hmmm

Might be something worth trying