• Replies 176k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Shrimpica

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

The more I play through Majora's Mask 3D, the more I realize that the people who say it's a bad remake actually just deserve to have their opinion rights revoked. Is the original great? Yes absolutely. But the improvements made in 3D far outweigh the one or two downgrades.

People just watched that video and forfeited their free will.

2 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Really? Gameplay-wise, it's was a good choice, keeps Riki from being another Shulk or Melia. Being limited to light armor for 95% of the game unless you waste Affinity Coins means physical damage -the majority of attacks- slightly impairs his durability. But huge HP does let Riki tank to an extent, although he struggles in the role b/c he doesn't get any way of increasing his aggro, and his damage-over-time reliance works against aggro accumulation. It's distinctive

Yep, they gave him the highest HP as a joke and then they were like "no wait this is actually genius" and that is why the Nopon party members have had the highest HP ever since.

1 hour ago, lightcosmo said:

Yeah, and its bad game design. 

That's.....no. It's not.

1 hour ago, lightcosmo said:

Running auto pilot is bad game design, not a RPG standard.

Cosmo explain to me how debuffing an enemy is auto-piloting.

Honestly, I've noticed that you want games to be like, uniform. No character, no technique, can be stronger or weaker than another. But you also only actually apply this mindset to Trails. And Smash Bros. But right now Trails. Like I've never seen you complain about the busted shit in Xenoblade or Final Fantasy, at least not to this extent.

15 minutes ago, lightcosmo said:

Congrats! Have fun!

Just now, Sooks said:

Have fun!

Ty!

Dunno if i will start it today, wanna finish Kirbo and mystery of the emblem first before i start 3 Hypes

6 minutes ago, Shrimpy said:

and mystery of the emblem

What timeline are we in that you're playing an Archanea game?

I mean Mystery based but I didn't expect you to play it.

2 minutes ago, Armagon said:

What timeline are we in that you're playing an Archanea game?

I mean Mystery based but I didn't expect you to play it.

It's one of my nicknames for Kirby and the forgotten land xD

I am not playing FE3/12 nty

Edited by Shrimpy

Just now, Armagon said:

That's.....no. It's not.

1 minute ago, Armagon said:

Cosmo explain to me how debuffing an enemy is auto-piloting.

Honestly, I've noticed that you want games to be like, uniform. No character, no technique, can be stronger or weaker than another. But you also only actually apply this mindset to Trails. And Smash Bros. But right now Trails. Like I've never seen you complain about the busted shit in Xenoblade or Final Fantasy, at least not to this extent.

Imagine every fight giving enemy max buffs cause the devs have the mindset "well, Rean can debuff them". Well what if I dont wanna use Rean or am not? This allows for boring and stale gameplay. 

Did you miss my complaints on things like FF VI's gameplay or VII? Or was that intentional?

Monolith W

24 minutes ago, Shrimpy said:

It's one of my nicknames for Kirby and the forgotten land xD

I am not playing FE3/12 nty

Ohhhhh.

I don't see how the nickname correlates.

21 minutes ago, lightcosmo said:

Imagine every fight giving enemy max buffs cause the devs have the mindset "well, Rean can debuff them". Well what if I dont wanna use Rean or am not? This allows for boring and stale gameplay. 

Then you use someone else. It's Trails, everyone can debuff. There's like several Arts for that.

Come on dude. This is simple stuff.

21 minutes ago, lightcosmo said:

Did you miss my complaints on things like FF VI's gameplay or VII? Or was that intentional?

I didn't miss any but it didn't feel like you were complaining about it to the same extent.

Maybe cause you just don't bring it up that often.

18 minutes ago, Awoken Dayni said:

??????

Screenshot_20220623-122146-1-1.jpg

Blasted video wouldn't leave my recs for like two years and when I finally gave in, all I got was a bunch of flimsy arguments but then that's also when I discovered that there are people who actually do think 3D is worse than the original......for the same flimsy reasons that the video gives.

Literally the only actual downgrades are to the Zora Mask and Ice Arrows and those two downgrades aren't enough to overcome the actually good improvements the remake makes. Better lighting, being able to save without restarting the cycle, a way to keep track of all the events, the Gyorg and Twinmold fights aren't cringe anymore....just to name a few.

Eternal StaIrway, where Monsters POSe Too much thrEat foR enemy phase.

1 minute ago, Armagon said:

Monolith W

HOw did this game move Up it's release date? Even without CruncH, stuff like this makes nO sense Whatsoever.

3 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Screenshot_20220623-122146-1-1.jpg

Blasted video wouldn't leave my recs for like two years and when I finally gave in, all I got was a bunch of flimsy arguments but then that's also when I discovered that there are people who actually do think 3D is worse than the original......for the same flimsy reasons that the video gives.

Literally the only actual downgrades are to the Zora Mask and Ice Arrows and those two downgrades aren't enough to overcome the actually good improvements the remake makes. Better lighting, being able to save without restarting the cycle, a way to keep track of all the events, the Gyorg and Twinmold fights aren't cringe anymore....just to name a few.

Did they complain about the artstyle generally, or is it just the moon? I kind of get the latter people.

11 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Then you use someone else. It's Trails, everyone can debuff. There's like several Arts for that.

Come on dude. This is simple stuff.

debuff meaning remove buffs, which only Albion Wolf accomplishes.

12 minutes ago, Armagon said:

I didn't miss any but it didn't feel like you were complaining about it to the same extent.

Maybe cause you just don't bring it up that often

idk how many times i've states "KH III non DLC is trash gameplay" but I cam 100% guarantee it was alot. 

Xeno doesnt fall into this category cause alot of options are viable.

7 minutes ago, Awoken Dayni said:

HOw did this game move Up it's release date? Even without CruncH, stuff like this makes nO sense Whatsoever.

Crazy what an efficient work schedule and treating your employees well will do.

10 minutes ago, Awoken Dayni said:

Did they complain about the artstyle generally, or is it just the moon? I kind of get the latter people.

Neither, the Moon in the thumbnail just has what's her name's face from the Rerun of the Jedi SE photoshopped onto it. Because his point was, like the Star Wars SEs, Majora's Mask 3D made changes for the worst.

Except most of what he talked about didn't amount to anything. Even tried to argue the music sounded worse, played the two versions back to back, and there is honest to God no difference.

7 minutes ago, lightcosmo said:

debuff meaning remove buffs, which only Albion Wolf accomplishes.

Debuff means negatively changing an enemy's stats. Whether that's removing them outright or lowering their stats, the effect would eventually be the same, except with the latter you can bring them to below their standard values. A lot of characters have easy access to "lower x stat" skills.

12 minutes ago, lightcosmo said:

idk how many times i've states "KH III non DLC is trash gameplay" but I cam 100% guarantee it was alot

Oh yeah you've made that aware but KH3 in general was a disappointment for you iirc.

12 minutes ago, lightcosmo said:

Xeno doesnt fall into this category cause alot of options are viable.

I agree but isn't your main complaint with CS gameplay is that too much stuff is viable? A lot of "these options are so broken" complaints, but that obviously means those options are viable.

2 hours ago, Shrimpy said:

Got 3 Hypes

enjoy~

1 hour ago, Armagon said:

The more I play through Majora's Mask 3D, the more I realize that the people who say it's a bad remake actually just deserve to have their opinion rights revoked. Is the original great? Yes absolutely. But the improvements made in 3D far outweigh the one or two downgrades.

People just watched that video and forfeited their free will.

based

Yep, they gave him the highest HP as a joke and then they were like "no wait this is actually genius" and that is why the Nopon party members have had the highest HP ever since.

ok but that's actually amazing

1 hour ago, Shrimpy said:

I am not playing FE3

852199149570883604.webp?size=96&quality=

30 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Monolith W

based Monolith

---------

up to the second region in Kirby

prob gonna finish it over the next couple days and move onto XCDE over the weekend in prep for XC3

also big Ninty sale but no Famicom Detective Club sales

feels sad man

Dang it, Symphony of War didn't go on sale. Probably because it was released so little time ago. Ah, well, 20 bucks isn't bad, and I just yesterday got my very first paycheck ever, so hey, what better way to celebrate than to buy four games at once?

Anyway, I extended some more Vestaria 2 songs. Keep that hype alive or something.

Fuck yo stairs Iago.

That took too many attempts to do, mostly out of greed at wanting to get all the exp this time. Which I did. Wish I could say less exp went to the Nohr royals (would have been nice for everyone else, but I probably wouldn't have cleared the map without them. Corrin did three combats and got one step further on the skill tree at least.

Next is Sakura's map and from what I hear the game's only going to get rougher from here. As I rely more and more on generics.

Rallyman can't come soon enough.

50 minutes ago, Armagon said:

I agree but isn't your main complaint with CS gameplay is that too much stuff is viable? A lot of "these options are so broken" complaints, but that obviously means those options are viable

thats completely different from the game being controlled by some simple options. Thats why they changed CB to not be abusable, cause it controlled the game. 

Balance is important, but that was an auto pilot option you had 0 reasons not to EVER use. His makes "choice" pointless in a game designed around choices 

For example: do I want to use SPD up or simply go 2 turns 100% of the time with no drawback or charge time whatsoever? Sure, SPD up is busted, but that is just bonkers. 

55 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Debuff means negatively changing an enemy's stats. Whether that's removing them outright or lowering their stats, the effect would eventually be the same, except with the latter you can bring them to below their standard values. A lot of characters have easy access to "lower x stat" skills.

Debuff doesnt work on enhanced enemies, btw.

Monolith W

GOATlith

don't see how the nickname correlates.

Kirby best FE lord

39 minutes ago, twilitfalchion said:

enjoy~

Ty o7

>Enemy moves off fort to let reinforcements come out.

Okay that's actually funny Fates.

Also Dark Helmut somehow landed a crit on Hana, you love to see it.

Well, I would love it if I hadn't screwed up and left Haitaka next to Xander so when they drew the one guy I want to capture they 1-round. RIP.