Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

1 hour ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

The third game- Zero Time Dilemma is also on sale for $7.99 USD, but I'm told it's a weak finish to the series.

I find it funny how all three people telling me that Zero Escape is good also said that the third game is not to be touched.

Thanks for the suggestion, though! One of 'em is on gamepass too.

'Morning!

• Replies 175.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Shrimpica

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

18 minutes ago, Shrimpy said:

Man

It has been a long ass while since i no life'd a game as much as i am no lifing 3 hypes atm

So damn fun

❤️ this feeling is always great!

58 minutes ago, Shrimpy said:

Man

It has been a long ass while since i no life'd a game as much as i am no lifing 3 hypes atm

So damn fun

I can understand this feeling, I've been in it lately. And the entirely unsurprising news today nonetheless leaves me wanting for escapism.

3 hours ago, Benice said:

I find it funny how all three people telling me that Zero Escape is good also said that the third game is not to be touched.

I haven't played any of the games myself. But, reading conversations about it, ZTD isn't horrendous, yet it is the weakest of the three, and flubbed finales can leave a bad aftertaste. 999 vs. VLR, I can't say which is generally considered better, however, 999 was considered a very surprising hit back on the DS, so it had the greatest "notoriety impact" so to speak.

Edited by Interdimensional Observer

Oho! Following in its predecessor Faster Than Light's footsteps, Into The Breach is getting an Advanced Edition years after its release! Now that is absolutely epic. Should've known they would do that once again. I gave the game another whirl a while back, but I was just looking for a distraction between games and I didn't play that much. This may mean another 100% is in order. FTL Advanced Edition was incredible and it rose the game to great new heights. I have high hopes for this game's advanced edition.

God that just made my day. I thought getting to play Karajan Saga early meant I had nothing to look forward to in July anymore, but this looks like it's going to be amazing. New squads, new enemies, new missions, new weapons, a new difficulty mode called "unfair" (pretty tongue-in-cheek, seeing how this is one of the most unabashedly fair and transparent strategy games I've ever seen)... This is gonna be great.

...Also, Live a Live comes out in July too, which I had forgotten. Niiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiice. Gonna be a good month.

They're actively answering questions in the game's subreddit. Here's one exchange I found particularly noteworthy.

gRGIEifE_o.jpg

(+3 grid def is notorious for being a completely shit skill and a waste of a pilot's level up)

The noteworthy thing is that Subset Games are awesome and everyone should buy Into The Breach, including the lot of ya. These are the kinds of devs that would randomly drop a completely free, massive expansion for their game four years after its release instead of working on a new game, despite the fact that this would yield more moneys.

Edited by Saint Rubenio

Got 3 Hopes. I’m probably just going to restart from the beginning instead of carrying over demo save data because it’s been like two weeks and I want a recap on what’s happened so far and also I wasted all my money on gifts to raise support because I knew the demo was ending. And I want to replay the segment with Byleth, because it was really hype. Black Eagles all the way.

I find it interesting how the trailer that dropped today shows Dorothea and Dimitri in the same base/camp, but I suppose there’s no need for theory crafting anymore.

Edit: Nope, I don’t have the patience for restarting. Carrying over demo data it is.

2 hours ago, Shrimpy said:

Man

So damn fun

…I’m probably going to be doing this too.

Edited by Sooks

https://images2.imgbox.com/69/36/5TcgdYLB_o.jpg

7 minutes ago, Sooks said:

I suppose there’s no need for theory crafting anymore.

No, now I just know for sure I'm never going to get this game.

You enjoy it, though! It did look pretty great for anyone who isn't a Fodlan hater.

Edited by Saint Rubenio

Byleth is the freaking scariest enemy in the series

Imagine op player juggernauts...in enemies hands

Recapturing forts in like 2 seconds bro

Edited by Shrimpy

52 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

https://images2.imgbox.com/69/36/5TcgdYLB_o.jpg

Soooooooo standard hero powerup procedure? True in the East and West alike.

1 hour ago, Saint Rubenio said:

The noteworthy thing is that Subset Games are awesome and everyone should buy Into The Breach, including the lot of ya.

I'll let someone else do the biting first, your recommendation alone is not enough to make me unhesitant (neither is the cascade of very positive reviews), sorry to say it.😆 Two opinions strengthens the case, three would be rock solid.

1 hour ago, Shrimpy said:

Byleth is the freaking scariest enemy in the series

Imagine op player juggernauts...in enemies hands

Recapturing forts in like 2 seconds bro

Eh. VS2 final boss is probably scarier.

35 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Soooooooo standard hero powerup procedure? True in the East and West alike.

Hah! I suppose you could describe it like that, yeah.

35 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

I'll let someone else do the biting first, your recommendation alone is not enough to make me unhesitant (neither is the cascade of very positive reviews), sorry to say it.😆 Two opinions strengthens the case, three would be rock solid.

Of course. I don't expect nor ask anyone to blindly follow my reccs - I mean, after multiple disappointments in a row, I don't either! Just throwing it out there, as always, for anyone who might be interested in any new game names to check out.

22 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Eh. VS2 final boss is probably scarier.

Or Ajax. Or Julius. Or Chaos. Or Sophie. Or Zephyrus.
Honestly, if a mindless AI getting access to a player unit is enough to make them unstoppable, it probably wasn't much of a strategy game.

Well, I am admittedly glad to hear that the CPU is actually willing to advance and threaten allied territory.
Considering in Age of Calamity, enemies would never, ever actually move, this is probably not something that can be taken for granted these days.
It's funny (and irritating) that despite Warriors games always being dismissed as mindless, repetitive button mashers by reviewers, the franchise seems to get better reviews the more mindless it is.

In Pirate Warriors 3+4 the issue is different. Enemy forces do move and threaten your territories and allies. But there is basically never a greater battlefield. Nothing beyond the immediate objective.
It's just that Pirate Warriors 4 has probably the best combat from any Warriors game I ever played. There is no blocking attacks, but in exchange you can dodge at any point during your attack string. Almost like in Bayonetta and therelike. So you always gotta be on your toes.
So while the map design itself is shallow, the moment to moment combat makes up for it.

3 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

The noteworthy thing is that Subset Games are awesome and everyone should buy Into The Breach, including the lot of ya. These are the kinds of devs that would randomly drop a completely free, massive expansion for their game four years after its release instead of working on a new game, despite the fact that this would yield more moneys.

I actually do own Into the Breach, but it's been a while since I played it. I wasn't a huge fan, but maybe I just lacked the skill to appreciate it. I'm very impressed by their business model though, good on them.

46 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

US was busy today.

🚬😑

I need to blackout via a few bottles of Madeira at a prismatic tavern. Throwing myself prone over the counter with a sheet of paper saying "I GIVE MY CONSENT!" taped to my lower back. Gotta get all my smashing done before they legalize sodomy laws again, I betcha it won't take longer than 2024.

-Or I should play more video games. No life inside > life in the hellhole beyond the walls minus the fact that my incredibly sedentary lifestyle is starting to make my legs and lower back feel achingly older than they should before the age of 30.