Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

Also just realized but in the second clip, the party is taking on an enemy ten levels higher than them and came out on top doing decently well.

Level penalties are truly gone, you love to see it.

• Replies 175.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Shrimpy -Limited Edition-

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

Also noticed that the AI can revive party members, relieving fears of AI incompetence when it comes to that. 

15 minutes ago, lightcosmo said:

Well my Megadimension Nep fights that were 110 levels lower were equally as well fought.

How long did that take you?

3 Hopes

Spoiler

Really neat detail how when you recruit Byleth he waits at the tactics academy

That said, this game is making me like Byleth more and i already liked him in 3 Houses, and it also makes it clear how much the time at the academy meant to him and how precious it all was, especially his class. Here he is a merc who likes his Dad and Swords and is feared by all and just wants to be trusted. I imagine if they let him talk in 3Houses instead of just emoting he would be much more popular, but his personality is pretty close to what i was able to draw/imagine in 3 Houses

Just now, Acacia Sgt said:

SE making their version of Rune Factory, eh.

I was thinking the same thing (I think a lot of us were).

This is good tho, for all the farming sims out there, Rune Factory is pretty much the only one with it's own characteristics. Glad to see another dev take a shot at the formula.

Square Enix of all people tho, like damn they finally made a game that appeals to me.

26 minutes ago, Shrimpy said:

Mario Xcom 2 at 11:00

Big McThankies from McSpankies!

I'm sad they didn't deconfirm the restricted team comp or show much of anything regarding the exploration parts, but then, it did pretty much say "go watch the Ubisoft thing", so I guess I'll do that. It's at a pretty good hour, I'll be able to catch it.

Skimmed through the rest of the direct. Mostly stuff I don't care about, but I must say, I still find it hard to believe Monkey Island and Live a Live are both getting revived 'round the same time. I never would've expected it for either.

Speaking of Live a Live, just a little bit ago, a gameplay showcase of Live a Live was uploaded to Ninty's channel. Just saw it in my reccs.

Here it is, if anybody is interested. It shows a tiny bit of Sundown's and Akira's chapters, as well as some combat in Akira's portion.

Akira now has a full-blown, old-school style anime opening, that's just fucking lovely. The absolute doofuses talked over it, but you can at least hear some of it. It's at 21:00. @Armagon @Acacia Sgt @Interdimensional Observer I'm no mind reader, but I expect you three might particularly enjoy that part, if you wish to take a look. Seems like your kinda thing.

My hopes for the combat seem to have been realized. The problem with the original, as I believe I may've said before, is that the game wasn't open enough with its info. The system was great, but since you didn't know when enemies were going to strike, there was no real way to strategize. Now it's confirmed that not only does the game show strengths and weaknesses with attacks, but also, the big yellow bars show (as I had hoped they would) the progress toward a character's turn to attack. Looks like Live a Live's unique system is going to be fully realized, all these years later.

Also, gotta say, out of all these Square HD2D games, this one has to be the prettiest. They finally learned to stop using that horrible distance blur effect.

In a few words: I'm very hyped. Today, for Live a Live. Tomorrow, well, I'll hopefully have reason to be hyped for Mario XCOM 2. What I am not hyped for is a proper direct. I've gotten literally everything I wanted. The real direct the internet is clamoring for is of exactly zero interest to me. I still understand and sympathize with the folks getting impatient for Ninty news, but... yeah.

This is huge btw.

2 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

The absolute doofuses talked over it, but you can at least hear some of it. It's at 21:00. @Armagon @Acacia Sgt @Interdimensional Observer I'm no mind reader, but I expect you three might particularly enjoy that part, if you wish to take a look. Seems like your kinda thing.

Heading in to work now so I'll watch it later. Intrigued enough to see more ngl.

That release date is still unfortunate tho.

Mega Man Battle Network Legacy Collection... probably wouldn't bother with it. I tried the first game via Wii U eShop, surprisingly difficult for a game with a very child-oriented aesthetic, the fights retain old-fashioned Mega Man reflexivity despite the lack of platforming. Though MMBN was also a tad clunky, and the random encounters are a bit of a chore wandering around lost in the internet. Ultimately never finished the game, though I came close-ish I think. The chip system didn't gel much with me either, I fell back on the old reliable Mega Buster.

8 hours ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Is it dated, though.

Fine, I'm liking the GGG stuff enough that I'll retract that adjective. The artwork sure doesn't have a "patina" to it the way the Combattler V, L-Gaim, and the older Gundam stuff does (not to call their artwork bad, just expressly different).

10 minutes ago, Armagon said:

This is good tho, for all the farming sims out there, Rune Factory is pretty much the only one with it's own characteristics. Glad to see another dev take a shot at the formula.

Square Enix of all people tho, like damn they finally made a game that appeals to me.

Want me to try first, before you shell 60 out clams for it? -Although even if somehow broke my taboo against giving a game a 10/10 because it was that stupendously good, I'm afraid in your hands that it'd be unable to escape the "SE Curse". I can see it now: "Harvestella is an action-RPG farming sim hybrid that is technically beautiful and does more with its story than Rune Factory ever has, yet it lacks a soul".

3 minutes ago, Armagon said:

This is huge btw

I'm guessing they'll split it BNs 1-3 and 4-6. Mega Man Battle Network 3 is generally considered the best game. The usual rankings I've seen go along the lines of 3 > 2 > 6 > 5 > 1 >>>>>>>>>> 4. Although 5 sold the worst I think, due to 4 being so bad it dragged down 5's sales + five samey games on a single console is franchise fatigue SRW excluded.

It's only a matter of time until they do the Star Force games so that every MM subseries minus Legends has a Legacy Collection now. 

3 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

The absolute doofuses talked over it, but you can at least hear some of it. It's at 21:00. @Armagon @Acacia Sgt @Interdimensional Observer I'm no mind reader, but I expect you three might particularly enjoy that part, if you wish to take a look. Seems like your kinda thing.

I'm not looking at any footage of the game, I'll see it when I play it, eventually.

50 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Burikki Daioh better still have its remixed Mazinger Z theme, hahaha...

Pretty sure the melody itself is still the same.

49 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Heading in to work now so I'll watch it later. Intrigued enough to see more ngl.

That release date is still unfortunate tho.

Yes, it seems every cool game in existence is coming out at the same time as Xenoblade 3.

39 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

I'm not looking at any footage of the game, I'll see it when I play it, eventually.

Fine by me!

Oh right, I neglected to mention it, but... That playable character confirmed at the end of the Mario and Rabbids trailer. Now that, that's awesome. I cannot wait for the Ubisoft presentation tomorrow. I suspect the real meat and potatoes will be there.

There's a demo for LIVEALIVE

PLAY LIVEALIVE

2 hours ago, Shrimpy said:

Fates' gameplay faults are mostly things innate to FE they didn't change (or were afraid to)

Stuff like innate Crits, RNG proc skills, etc.

Although with the Rally luck or pair up it's usually easy to over come those

I didn't say that that wasn't the case, more that when Fates changed a bunch of things that keeping this really got to me where I'm trying to keep units from dying.

In the case of Helmut, I didn't have the move economy for the rallys, Haru the Falcon Knight was an unfortunate recipient but could have avoided it if I'd put Camilla next to her so the enemy attack never happened and Xander..... that was a proc and a crit, he was doomed when I gut unlucky.

2 hours ago, Armagon said:

I cannot believe I'm getting a Square Enix game in the year of our lord current year.

What's got you curious about this one?

When I watched I thought it'd be Rune Factory for a second, heh.