• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Shrimpica

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

Phantom Dedede pls go easy on me...

Seriously tho, the Phantom bosses are pretty cool...

Kinda wish the, were the og fights...

Then again doing them on no damage would've been hell

Ya know, one more thing i forgot to say about Kirbo

The combat, as in base combat, is so damn satisfying and feels so damn good to play with

Feels more like an action game than platformer at times

Edit:

Ok... that Morpho fight was hella cool. The post game bosses in general 👌

Only last arena missing now, and i expect a typical ninty super boss at the end of it

Edited by Shrimpy

3 hours ago, Awoken Dayni said:

feel like using Mid to say something sucks makes no sense to me. Not aimed at this specifically mind.

I actually agree, I just gotta slander Persona because it deserves it lol.

38 minutes ago, lightcosmo said:

MMBN 1 is very barebones, and every scenario is literally painful to play, save one.

Sounds like a Mega Man Zero 1 situation.

11 minutes ago, Shrimpy said:

The post game bosses in general 👌

Spoiler

Now get the Morpho Knight Sword to snap the game in two except for like the latter sections of the True Arena.

93a724d9936dfc647956689050456d69a8d04ce5

Thank you random Internet poster.

---

SRW30 finally pushed my eyes to their limits. They ached with weeks of strain, the mere act of having my eyes open was painful.😵 Some ibuprofen alleviated the headache and eye fatigue entirely, but part of me felt like I shouldn't have taken the anti-inflammatory, the aches being punishment for my bad excessive behavior.

----

On Harvestella:

HARVESTELLA_2022_06-28-22_014-768x1086.pHARVESTELLA_2022_06-28-22_015-768x1086.p

A tad too samey for the protagonist designs. Though I suppose it means you can't say either design is bad, unless both are bad, is the positive?

3 hours ago, Armagon said:

I do find it curious how dating seemingly isn't a part of it tho. Maybe they didn't confirm it yet but that seems a weird thing to omit from the reveal. If so, it'll probably lean more into Atelier vibes as opposed to Rune Factory, despite having the latter's niche.

I'm of two minds with this:

1. How gutsy to not include that simulator element that people -sometimes with toxicity- gush over. Which oft overshadows -at least in public perception if not also in gameplay- the rest of the sim aspects.
  2. Darn it! I want romance b/c there isn't a decades-long history of AA/AAA/AAA-published s/s dating sim games I can tap into. Gimme some pixel love!

Not sure which I want to win out. No dating makes it a more "respectable" addition to the life sim genre by showing it needn't always cater to the carnal urge, yet I even have some yearnings for romance.

1 hour ago, Lightchao42 said:

They should rerelease the first two/three Persona games, the ones that Atlus never acknowledges. The originally localizations need to be preserved for historical curiosity.

They need modern top-to-bottom remakes more like it. Persona 1 needs a radical remake, Persona 2 has a good core that simply needs modernization plus more good content.

As for whether Persona 2 is one or two games, Innocent Sin and Eternal Punishment are akin to two seasons of a TV show. Innocent Sin manages to end with resolution, no cliffhanger, you don't have to play Eternal Punishment afterwards. And if one were to begin with Eternal Punishment -which the West was forced to b/c PS1 Innocent Sin was never localized- you wouldn't be totally lost, although it'd be much better if you played IS first.

Persona 2 also had two Japan-only pre-smartphone cell phone games. The first of which takes place between Innocent Sin and Eternal Punishment and has minor plot relevance. The latter takes place after Eternal Punishment, but I'm told is a weird and awful game that has nothing really to do with Persona 2 and doesn't deserve to exist. Good luck preserving these!

If Persona Tactics is ever a thing, I would -very foolishly- hope that Persona 2 would be included. SRPGs can have big rosters. Persona 5 Royal has what, 9 playable characters? Persona 3 (including FeMC) + Persona 4 adds up to 17 playables not including the navigators? 26... actually is enough for an SRPG, dagnabbit! Still, Persona 2 IS + EP, minus the potentially excludable three Persona 1 characters, would add up to 8 heroes. 34 could be alright, if pretty big by non-Fire Emblem standards.

30 minutes ago, Shrimpy said:

Ya know, one more thing i forgot to say about Kirbo

The combat, as in base combat, is so damn satisfying and feels so damn good to play with

Feels more like an action game than platformer at times

I mean, compared to Mario, Donkey Kong, Yoshi, and Sonic, Kirby games have generally been heavier and more fun on the combat. The original Kirby's Dreamland, Adventure, and the Dark Matter Trilogy, and kinda Amazing Mirror aside that is (because of no/"simple" Copy Abilities). Easy games yes, but I've always enjoyed each Copy Ability having a slightly complex and varied set of attacks.

Edited by Interdimensional Observer

3 minutes ago, Armagon said:

to snap the game

Spoiler

I mean, i already got everything in the game xD

Well, except ultimate arena

That's what's missing for 100% i guess

And the gacha

2 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

mean, compared to Mario, Donkey Kong, Yoshi, and Sonic, Kirby games have generally been heavier and more fun on the combat.

True

But 3D hits different i guess xD

Fascinating topic.

23 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

tad too samey for the protagonist designs. Though I suppose it means you can't say either design is bad, unless both are bad, is the positive?

I like how the dude has longer hair than the girl.

24 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Not sure which I want to win out. No dating makes it a more "respectable" addition to the life sim genre by showing it needn't always cater to the carnal urge, yet I even have some yearnings for romance.

Considering that most life sims do, it would be an interesting change, tho I can see it maybe being a dealbreaker for some.

24 minutes ago, Shrimpy said:

And the gacha

Save it for last and then fish a bunch for coins. You can also get free coins with the codes if you haven't already.

@Interdimensional Observer and after I said that, I see this on the website

Screenshot_20220628-201136-1.jpg

I would imagine reaching a certain point allows you to date them. So I would imagine that, unlike Rune Factory, in which you need Lv.7 Heart to be able to date someone, with the chances increasing from there, Harvestella is following a more structured approach it seems. Presumably the last or second to last rank gives you the option to romance someone if you so wish (none of this is stated on the website, I'm just making guesses based on UI elements and wording).

If there is romance tho, I know the question for you and many is "will there be gay?" I don't know Square Enix's track record for this but I want to say that it's likely? 

Select-A-Live is beautiful.

The sound effects sound like they would in the original.

Load speeds are solid overall.

Looking at Shifu's work on the summit is beautiful.

Cube's movement sprite is beautiful. Cube with coffee on it's head is cute.

The lighting and weather in the cutscenes for Oboro's scenario is beautiful.

CHARACTERS ACTUALLY SPEAK THEIR DIALOGUE CHOICES.

Are SE doing this to me again? Am I considering another game Day 1?

Being honest, I'd be fine removing renaming characters in this game, but they let you rename the main ones in the scenarios, same as the original. I'm also getting beaten pretty solidly in some of the Oboro fights, though that's kind of the point and encourages taking the other way through the stage. I also may have crashed the game by skipping a scene.

35 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Ah, so she voices the owl also.

...ouch.

And now we know the three spirits to give you a Christmas Carol moment that opens you up to anime.

That aside, thought I'd link this to you when I found it.

1 minute ago, lightcosmo said:

MMBN 1 is very barebones, and every scenario is literally painful to play, save one.

So you're telling me playing 1 isn't a great impression for the rest of them?

5 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

93a724d9936dfc647956689050456d69a8d04ce5

Thank you random Internet poster.

Megaman Battle Network, where you are expected to handle yourself.

2 minutes ago, Shrimpy said:

Dragon +1 was a damn cheese tho until meta knight made me take Sword

I found this out by accident but you can just hit the sword to start the battle with your current ability.

267 seconds attack and speed buff

1 double health potion in inventory

Morpho Sword...

3320 coins in case i need to retry

1 boss to go

5 minutes ago, Armagon said:

I found this out by accident but you can just hit the sword to start the battle with your current ability.

Welp

Then again facing meta knight with sword fits

Edited by Shrimpy

Is there even any indication Live-A-Live will be on something other than the Switch? I haven't seen...

1 hour ago, Armagon said:

I like how the dude has longer hair than the girl.

Looks the same length to me. It's just that the girl's ponytail is tied up higher on her head than the guy's, giving it the illusion of being shorter.

At least, that's how it looks to me.