Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

On 6/27/2022 at 10:38 PM, Newtype06 said:

My second favorite battle shonen of all time.

I don't think a remake has that much priority, as the adaptation is pretty good and still holds up well. I'm even afraid of being censored like the 2011 HxH.

Also, the local voice actor for Kuwabara died a while ago, so it wouldn't be the same.

Yeah, the current version definitely holds up pretty well. However, I think it would be cool to see it with newer animation and maybe they could add some stuff to the final arc (since it was kinda rushed).

On 6/28/2022 at 3:21 AM, Saint Rubenio said:

Never heard of it. What's it about?

It's about a boy named Yusuke who dies protecting someone. After being tested by Koenma(son of the ruler of the afterlife), he gets resurrected. Then he becomes a spirit detective and solves cases involving demons

• Replies 176k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Shrimpica

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

4 hours ago, Armagon said:

I know Stardew has combat too but it's not like, a main aspect of the game if you get what i mean.

I completely forgot that Stardew has combat until I read this, which should tell you everything you need to know.

4 hours ago, Armagon said:

Only reason i bring this up is because i know you've said in the past that RPGs usually aren't your thing (i'm excluding SRPGs from that because lol) and honestly, Harvestella definitely does look more RPG than Rune Factory is but the life sim aspect could get you more into it.

Well, we’ll see when more about the game is known than the very little we have right now. My brain just likes pretty portraits.

5 hours ago, lightcosmo said:

Not at all, the gameplay is plainly not great. Random battles will get very irksome, I can guarantee that.

Put that in past tense because I tried it once.

10 hours ago, Awoken Dayni said:

Select-A-Live is beautiful.

The sound effects sound like they would in the original.

Load speeds are solid overall.

Looking at Shifu's work on the summit is beautiful.

Cube's movement sprite is beautiful. Cube with coffee on it's head is cute.

The lighting and weather in the cutscenes for Oboro's scenario is beautiful.

CHARACTERS ACTUALLY SPEAK THEIR DIALOGUE CHOICES.

Are SE doing this to me again? Am I considering another game Day 1?

Being honest, I'd be fine removing renaming characters in this game, but they let you rename the main ones in the scenarios, same as the original. I'm also getting beaten pretty solidly in some of the Oboro fights, though that's kind of the point and encourages taking the other way through the stage. I also may have crashed the game by skipping a scene.

Well, sounds like everything I had hoped for. Minus the crash, but who cares about that. Will probably be gone by the full release, anyway.

And now we know the three spirits to give you a Christmas Carol moment that opens you up to anime.

...no.

That aside, thought I'd link this to you when I found it.

Looooooool

What a strange coincidence of things I like. Thanks a lot for sharing!

I wonder if Phone Serenes laughs each time this happens.

Bastard.

8 hours ago, AnonymousSpeed said:

I should play it at some point.

Dew it.

3 hours ago, Sky_ said:

It's about a boy named Yusuke who dies protecting someone. After being tested by Koenma(son of the ruler of the afterlife), he gets resurrected. Then he becomes a spirit detective and solves cases involving demons

Sounds good!

3 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Well, sounds like everything I had hoped for. Minus the crash, but who cares about that. Will probably be gone by the full release, anyway.

I mean, the crash seemed to be because it hadn't loaded up the fight when I immediately tried to skip some dialogue before it. Could be very infrequent in practice.

I'll probably play with a fresh file though, the Imperial China and Tokugawa Japan scenarios are the ones I'd most want to multiple saves for to restart on to change things for the endgame and get certain items or characters and so I'd like to finish the other scenarios first.

6 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Not that I can think of

So it's really just 4 and 5 then, barring ToD's unique situation.

6 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Feeling like there is room for, if not puzzles, then... light dungeon gimmicks?

I know 5 has a dungeon that slowly drains your RP but I haven't gotten there yet.

6 hours ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Your spouse moves into the HQ with you, apparently. You can eventually build a house, but your family doesn't move there, however

Yeah and like, there's no door to your room in 5 (and 4 but it's a castle) and I would imagine that it's not as soundproof as Selphia's castle is.

What I'm saying is Scarlet (unless you marry her, in which case she merely moves upstairs) and SEED's captain will be going through this whenever you and your spouse decide to have children

RCO019_1469493567.jpg

Unless you're gay in which case you go the adoption route and the people who live in HQ probably won't have to hear you lmao.

3 hours ago, Sooks said:

completely forgot that Stardew has combat until I read this, which should tell you everything you need to know

Yeah lol. Combat in Stardew is literally just there for the hell of it.

Edited by Armagon

3 hours ago, Awoken Dayni said:

Put that in past tense because I tried it once.

If i remember correctly: There is no escape function in 1, so you have to fight out every battle. That or it doesn't ever work.

Battles drag on a bit due to not so great attack options that 2 added to make the game more enjoyable, and by extension: 3.

The battle music can get a bit wearsome after a while tbh.

The options the game DOES have feel basic.

2 not only has mostly fun scenarios (emphasis on mostly) 

fun attack options that aren't locked to a few setups, I.E you can play alot of different ways.

Much more options than 1.

The addition of the "elemental forms" made the game 5X more fun inheretly imo.

The addition of the "Styles" making your playstyle affect how you can modify your options to suit the battle or just bolstering a playstyle you enjoy.

Good soundtrack overall.

Spoiler

You claim to be a player, et cetera.

6 minutes ago, lightcosmo said:

If i remember correctly: There is no escape function in 1, so you have to fight out every battle. That or it doesn't ever work.

Battles drag on a bit due to not so great attack options that 2 added to make the game more enjoyable, and by extension: 3.

The options the game DOES have feel basic.

Seems about right from what I remember.

And that's the Kirb

Well, gacha is remaining for 100%, but i won't go grind forever for the remaining 139 figures, so i consider this a 100%...

Even if the 98% on my save file is bothering me more than it should lol

Edited by Shrimpy

See, this is a good example of the Square Enix curse. Sci-fi JRPG that does not interest me in the slightest and it does not help at all that it feels like a poor man's Xenoblade.....in the same year that a Xenoblade game is coming out.

45 minutes ago, Shrimpy said:

Even if the 98% on my save file is bothering me more than it should lol

That's nothing, my Kid Icarus Uprising file has been stuck at 99.9% for a decade now because I haven't done all the challenges.

12 minutes ago, Armagon said:

my Kid Icarus Uprising file has been stuck at 99.9% for a decade now because I haven't done all the challenges.

Oof

Well, to not let Kirby bother me forever i am now fishing for money. Only vol4 figures remaining now

Edited by Shrimpy

Welp, two hours and 15 minutes till the 20-minute Mario XCOM 2 showcase. Guess I'll play some Unmetal and see what nonsense Jesse pulls this time to make the game harder for me.

2 hours ago, Awoken Dayni said:

I mean, the crash seemed to be because it hadn't loaded up the fight when I immediately tried to skip some dialogue before it. Could be very infrequent in practice.

Yeah, doesn't seem like something too common. Good thing it's been caught in the demo, though.

2 hours ago, Awoken Dayni said:

I'll probably play with a fresh file though, the Imperial China and Tokugawa Japan scenarios are the ones I'd most want to multiple saves for to restart on to change things for the endgame and get certain items or characters and so I'd like to finish the other scenarios first.

I must say, I question the wisdom of throwing Distant Future in the demo. I love it, I never miss a chance to gush about how it's the granddaddy of the RPGMaker horror genre, but it's not the kind of thing that really suits a demo. I would've thrown Prehistory in there instead, myself. Imperial China and Twilight of Edo Japan are fine choices, though.

2 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

must say, I question the wisdom of throwing Distant Future in the demo. I love it, I never miss a chance to gush about how it's the granddaddy of the RPGMaker horror genre, but it's not the kind of thing that really suits a demo. I would've thrown Prehistory in there instead, myself. Imperial China and Twilight of Edo Japan are fine choices, though.

Look at it this way Ruben: the fact that there's a sci-fi story in the demo increases the chances of me getting the game because I really do need more sci-fi JRPGs.

....you know, preferably ones that manage to captivate me.

Gonna be checking out the demo later today.

Just now, Armagon said:

Look at it this way Ruben: the fact that there's a sci-fi story in the demo increases the chances of me getting the game because I really do need more sci-fi JRPGs.

I take everything back, genius move Square.

Just now, Armagon said:

....you know, preferably ones that manage to captivate me.

Well, I can only hope it will! I always appreciated Live a Live for how unique and experimental it is, in spite of the issues it did have - and the remake seems to be fixing major problems, like lack of information in combat and ugly, basic overworld graphics. With luck, this remake will give this game the renown it deserves.

And hey it comes out a week before Xenoblade 3, I think one could feasibly beat this game in a week.

Just now, Armagon said:

Gonna be checking out the demo later today.

Awesome. Do let me know how it goes.

9 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

I must say, I question the wisdom of throwing Distant Future in the demo. I love it, I never miss a chance to gush about how it's the granddaddy of the RPGMaker horror genre, but it's not the kind of thing that really suits a demo. I would've thrown Prehistory in there instead, myself. Imperial China and Twilight of Edo Japan are fine choices, though.

Agreed, though I wonder if they could have gotten away with adding a fight or two from Masaru's scenario or a bit of Akira's.

Learning ancient Roman military terminology through Xenoblade.

20 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

And hey it comes out a week before Xenoblade 3, I think one could feasibly beat this game in a week.

I would agree if I didn't have a job.

I mean I ain't beating SRW 30 before Xenoblade 3 either but at least that's a game that I started way earlier.

The only game I would be beating right before Xenoblade 3 is Gunvolt 3 which, despite coming out the literal day before, is a game I can feasibly beat in about two hours at most.

Just now, Awoken Dayni said:

How?

Did you get clipped inside the turret?

I didn't, the knockback from Shinesparking the Control Unit knocked me into the turret.

I didn't even know the turret itself was a hazard.

38 minutes ago, Awoken Dayni said:

Agreed, though I wonder if they could have gotten away with adding a fight or two from Masaru's scenario or a bit of Akira's.

Eh, it's okay. A demo's a demo. I didn't think we'd get a demo for this to begin with!

15 minutes ago, Armagon said:

I would agree if I didn't have a job.

I mean I ain't beating SRW 30 before Xenoblade 3 either but at least that's a game that I started way earlier.

The only game I would be beating right before Xenoblade 3 is Gunvolt 3 which, despite coming out the literal day before, is a game I can feasibly beat in about two hours at most.

I need to start making a list of games I like that Xenoblade 3 stole sales from.

bgob1cooih891.jpg

34 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Eh, it's okay. A demo's a demo. I didn't think we'd get a demo for this to begin with!

Not unsurprising tho, Square's previous HD-2D games have gotten demos before. I expect the Dragon Quest 3 remake to also get a demo for that same reason too.