• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Shrimpy -Limited Edition-

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

2 minutes ago, Armagon said:

It's like the literal reason I don't play VNs unless they have game in them.

Such as AI: The Somnium Files, which has puzzle-based gameplay in addition to its story!

17 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Ahhhh, hundred-hour JRPGs. I sure do love having my entire free time for half a year taken by this one game. Hope the gameplay loop is good enough to last that long.

I meant to edit, but Serenes struck.

Amyway, sardonicism aside, I do mean that. I hope it is every bit as good as expected and you guys enjoy yourselves in the coming months. I'm not enough of a dick to actively hope for the misery and disappointment of others. Uh, I think.

Heck, I wouldn't even be (too) angry if Live a Live flops because of it. I'll already have it, and it's the only classic Square game I give half a flying fuck about! What are they going to do? Cancel a potential Chrono Trigger remake?

...actually, I'd hope not. I'd feel sad for the fans of that one. And hey, there's always a chance they remake Treasure of the Rudras, make it actually good and I am able to have a good JRPG where I can kill things with shit.

Karajan Saga and Xenoblade 3 don't have enough overlap to rid me of more Vestaria games. Just have to keep telling myself that.

6 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Noooooooo

It's like the literal reason I don't play VNs unless they have game in them.

Well, there is an optional combat minigame to break the monotony. It's cute. Like Cube.

But at least this is just one sixth (how many stories are there) of the game.

Eight to start.

Yeah it did feel more open than the others. Which makes sense given the mercy or no mercy angle it's going.

I can vibe with that.

Frankly, I would've done Akira and Pogo for the demo alongside China, but that's just me.

Ruben like the story where the old man is the main character, what a surprise.

Imagine that! Shocking!

Jokes aside, I was not expecting it to be that based, I'm pleasantly surprised.

Like I said in the edit, I probably won't get it full price but it's on the radar, which I can't say the same for like 98% of Square's library. I'm confident I'll enjoy China but not sure about the rest yet and it's Square Enix (albeit, a remake of an older game of theirs) so I don't want to spend $60 just to only enjoy one of the six stories.

Yeah, fair enough.

100+ hours spent on Xenoblade 1 (on 3DS)

400+ hours spent on Xenoblade 2

120+ hours spent on Xenoblade X

It do be like that sometimes.

Eh, I can't judge. I have 2300 hours in Team Fortress 2. And I'd have a couple dozen more by now if the community hadn't gotten together to collectively kick the hornet's nest via a twitter hashtag...

Edited by Saint Rubenio

8 minutes ago, Armagon said:

It do be like that sometimes

I think I can compete with this. Xd

2 minutes ago, twilitfalchion said:

I feel bad for Xenoblade fans having to deal with Ninty's dumbass special edition pre-order system

didn't give a specific time for it again, just "on 6/30"

The My Nintendo Store rn be like

2 minutes ago, Benice said:

Such as AI: The Somnium Files, which has puzzle-based gameplay in addition to its story!

I looked up basically all of the puzzles in the OG Professor Layton trilogy, I fear I will do the same if I play The Somnium Files.

2 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Amyway, sardonicism aside, I do mean that

I actually did not detect this, I interpreted it as "I hope you end up enjoying the game".

Which you did mean that anyways. You good 👍

3 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Eight to start.

The ones in the demo were:

Prehistory, Edo, Wild West, Present Day, Near Future, Distant Future, Imperial China. That's seven, I don't know how I counted six.

So the Medieval Ages one is missing there, huh.

@Armagon, yeah Ruben got you already.

6 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Ruben like the story where the old man is the main character, what a surprise.

Jokes aside, I was not expecting it to be that based, I'm pleasantly surprised.

Not gonna lie, I didn't feel like it impressed on me when I played it originally, so me getting more into it this time was a pleasant surprise.

9 minutes ago, Armagon said:

It do be like that sometimes.

It do be.

1 minute ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Well, there is an optional combat minigame to break the monotony. It's cute. Like Cube.

When I played it for the demo I got caught on one enemy in the third level, need to find the memory card.

13 minutes ago, Armagon said:

I actually did not detect this, I interpreted it as "I hope you end up enjoying the game".

Which you did mean that anyways. You good 👍

Ah, good then. All's well that ends well!

13 minutes ago, Armagon said:

The ones in the demo were:

Prehistory, Edo, Wild West, Present Day, Near Future, Distant Future, Imperial China. That's seven, I don't know how I counted six.

So the Medieval Ages one is missing there, huh.

I... I miscounted.

Rooben is bad at meth.

12 minutes ago, Awoken Dayni said:

When I played it for the demo I got caught on one enemy in the third level, need to find the memory card.

Yeah, I remember that happening in the original. And, of course, that's past the demo point.

Just now, Saint Rubenio said:

Yeah, I remember that happening in the original. And, of course, that's past the demo point.

I suspected you couldn't get it early on, but it's been years since I played.

16 minutes ago, Armagon said:

The My Nintendo Store rn be like

RIP

1 hour ago, Armagon said:

looked up basically all of the puzzles in the OG Professor Layton trilogy, I fear I will do the same if I play The Somnium Files.

I don't think you'd need to, to be honest; the puzzles aren't super hard. In my experience, there's just some kind of strange logic you have to follow, but my brain's weird so it worked for me. Different people are better at different sorts of puzzles, though- Jigsaw puzzles are the bane of my existence.

FWbgSmlXoAM1vJA?format=jpg&name=large

Blessed.

Seems like Switch digital pre-orders have gone live in Japan, hopefully NA goes live too soon.

And this is your reminder that the entire Gunvolt series is on sale right now (on Steam). Gunvolt 1, 2 (one of the best games ever made), and iX 1 are 50% off, iX 2 is 20% and the Mighty Gunvolt spin-offs are 60 and 80% off respectively. Perfect time to jump into the series as the long-awaited Gunvolt 3 approaches.

Blaster Master Zero 1 and 2 are also 50% off with 3 being 35% off. All very good deals here.

1 hour ago, Saint Rubenio said:

I... I miscounted.

We both did.

Very curious that Medieval Ages is not there tho, like is that an unlockable? Was it like that originally?

5 minutes ago, Benice said:

Different people are better at different sorts of puzzles, though

Yeah like, i'm fine with like, dungeon puzzles and whatnot but if it's just an honest-to-God puzzle, then uh....i'm out lol.

Probably the reason why i still haven't played Huniepop even tho my friend gifted it to me like five years ago.

I'm good at Puyo-Puyo and Puzzle Fighter tho. Tetris kicks my ass.

Edited by Armagon

15 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Probably the reason why i still haven't played Huniepop even tho my friend gifted it to me like five years ago.

I feel you there- If they made a math-based waifusbando game, I'd not play that.

Coming close to the end of Vestaria Saga 1.

Vestaria Saga 1 spoilers

Spoiler

Finished the prison break (chapter 17) last night, which was an interesting one, although they ended it off by hinting that Chapter 19 is going to be some torturous fight against demon with all of my flyer sent away (and losing at least half of the Lianka-Hilda power couple), which does not sound fun. Hopefully the god Dune is enough to pull me through that mess...

As for the upcoming chapter 18, it is looking sparse, with a no-kill until you rescue the prisoners side-objective, which sounds like cap defense Zadrian's time to absolutely shine (OK, he has shined a lot in this game, one of my best units hand down). This looks like a breather so far, but siege maps like this have generally been the most intense and interesting maps in the game, so I can not wait for whatever wild hammer is going to drop in this one.

Edited by Eltosian Kadath

2 hours ago, Armagon said:

We both did.

Very curious that Medieval Ages is not there tho, like is that an unlockable? Was it like that originally?

Yes, on both counts.

Guess who had to redo all the activities because of a teacher's mistake?

https://i.redd.it/71umzybhdnn81.png

I fucking hate math

Vestaria Saga 1 spoilers

Spoiler

Saved all the prisoners. The 1 prisoner slaughtered for every 5 enemies killed was just enough leeway to sneak in and save them, as I had to kill the two cavs in the last grouping, and there is one armoured guy blocking the door, although finding a ways to distract (but intentionally not kill) in other areas made those first few turns rather interesting, especially with the flier off on the protect Calliera mission.

Edited by Eltosian Kadath

a21867b86b5e83487ef2076cdccfda5e.large.j

Kirby never disappoints me. Most certainly can't taste as good as it looks, but I'm never going to visit the Kirby Cafe, so visual flavor >>>>> actual flavor.😋

---

Since my controller unexpectedly ran out of power at the start of yet another SRW30 session (I only completed the very short Ernie & Keita nerd over mecha" DLC battle), I needed something else to do tonight. One option was Internal rage venting at being in a gilded cage and not knowing how to change it, except that wasn't pleasant. So, I popped a sour apple lollypop in my mouth, and opted to starting watching Xenosaga Episode II, which I should've done months ago, but better late than never.

I stopped as soon as it got to Shion recollecting. A flashback to kick things off with a little fanciful mech action, the E.S. looking much better than the first game's mini-mechs, a good beginning with a bang. Then I noticed the unnamed ally's machine looked like the Heimdall, of course it belongs to Jin the First.😆 A little iaido vs. metal means our second "Xeno Katana Badass" shows off his overwhelming awesomeness dozens of hours sooner than Citan, sure lays a stronger footing for the archetype. It was not lost on me either that his primary elemental affinity looks to be ice, noooooooo subtlety with Alcohol Flavored With Juniper Berries the 2nd. I was smiling more than I should have, but the full-franchise Xeno transcendence going on (and perhaps affected by my IRL emotional state) made it absolutely hilarious in a way.🤣 They did keep Jin's power level in check with the Margulis duel, which nonetheless looked great, and I prefer it to how Dunban's irresistible might was halted solely by incapability with the clairvoyant cutlass.

My watching of XS Ep. II is going to be piecemeal, but I want to get it started so I feel more motivated to get it done, so I can feel free to start Ep. III whenever I feel like it. Which won't be anytime soon. Not next month, probably not the next after that either. Eventually.

Edited by Interdimensional Observer

1 minute ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

(I only completed the very short Ernie & Keita nerd over mecha" DLC battle),

That reminds me, you already saw the mention of SRW 300? XD

5 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

That reminds me, you already saw the mention of SRW 300? XD

Yep. That was at the start of the Keita recruitment + Shin Getter Dragon upgrade mission.

This game has no shortage of self-references and references to the meta of the genre.😄 

Whelp I made the ending of that chapter harder than it needed to be. I thought the victory condition was an OR not an AND, so I was thinking killing the boss would end it, so I would have to grab the treasure before killing that beast...

Spoiler

So I redid the turn I killed the monstrous Duchess, so that Theodel gets the kill he richly deserves.

Okay, finally played a little more. Now I'm at Labyrinthia, being back to relevance from all the way back in Arena. Only crossed the first area before calling it off for the night. Will finish running through next time.

1 hour ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Yep. That was at the start of the Keita recruitment + Shin Getter Dragon upgrade mission.

This game has no shortage of self-references and references to the meta of the genre.😄 

Now the important question. Is it because it's the 300th anniversary? If SRW also began in 1991AD over there, then that means it is the year 2291 in the Anno Domini calendar? Hmm...

Okay, seriously, why is the mobile port of Yggdra Union available to buy over here when it's only in Japanese... I'd buy it if I could actually understand the text...