Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

3 hours ago, Newtype06 said:

Guess who had to redo all the activities because of a teacher's mistake?

https://i.redd.it/71umzybhdnn81.png

I fucking hate math

That doesn’t even make sense, why would a teacher’s mistake lead to you having to redo things? It sounds like whatever they made a mistake on just shouldn’t be counted, unless it’s like an entire major test or something.

Anyway that sucks, but you’ve got this!

• Replies 176.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Shrimpica

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

8 hours ago, Awoken Dayni said:

I suspected you couldn't get it early on, but it's been years since I played.

Me too. I seem to remember there being a way to get it earlier, but now I'm not sure.

6 hours ago, Armagon said:

Very curious that Medieval Ages is not there tho, like is that an unlockable? Was it like that originally?

It was, yes.

1 hour ago, Eltosian Kadath said:

Whelp I made the ending of that chapter harder than it needed to be. I thought the victory condition was an OR not an AND, so I was thinking killing the boss would end it, so I would have to grab the treasure before killing that beast...

Oof... Yeah, easy mistake to make.

Hide contents

So I redid the turn I killed the monstrous Duchess, so that Theodel gets the kill he richly deserves.

Adelaide is a real sweetheart, isn't she? Good move.

1 hour ago, Eltosian Kadath said:

Did Vestaria Saga just hide, a tiny trans story in it right at the end?

It kinda did, yes. Though people seem to think the more profound implications were accidental, and I don't think I disagree. Being a Japanese old man with... Well, a track record of not always treating his female characters the best, somehow I doubt Kaga knows what a trans person is. Still, who knows for sure.

8 hours ago, Sooks said:

How did I miss this?

Dew it.

4 hours ago, Newtype06 said:

Guess who had to redo all the activities because of a teacher's mistake?

https://i.redd.it/71umzybhdnn81.png

I fucking hate math

Oof... Hopefully they go smoothly the second time around...

Whelp that demon hell pit could have been worse.

Spoiler

I can't imagine what the place is like if you didn't get a good Dune, especially given the Netherdrake fight at the end. The eidolan room was a bit frustrating, as I didn't realize what would happen when I sent Houlen in there, and she lost the ability to wield bows (thankfully Urven had a spare lance for her to wield). It was really interesting to get a dark glimpse into the shadows (in the Jungian sense) of quite a few characters (and thank goodness I brought Aynellia to that room, or else I never would not have been able to touch Lyttia's shadow). Also the Ceddica's Will event is very finicky, and I had to jump back over five turns to pull it off correctly, although thanks to the repair stone Dune got in the trial of Ordeals it wasn't necessary, just nice to have. One last note, I did see one game over from NPC death on this chapter, which is irksome.

I think I will put off the final map for tomorrow (or possibly this weekend). I have heard it is a massive map, and I hope it continues this game's trend of excellent, difficult, and intricate siege maps.

5 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

a21867b86b5e83487ef2076cdccfda5e.large.j

Kirby never disappoints me. Most certainly can't taste as good as it looks, but I'm never going to visit the Kirby Cafe, so visual flavor >>>>> actual flavor.😋

Kirby would find himself delicious.

20220630_070117.jpg

See, this is a banger design.

In general, really liking how Xenoblade 3 is having more than the average number of black people JRPGs usually have. Like here we have Taion, Sena, Ashera and this unnamed girl. And all of them seem to be of story significance, with two of them being in the main party. That's pretty good.

8 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

a good beginning with a bang

I always did like how the peaceful music contrasted with the war raging below.

8 hours ago, Acacia Sgt said:

That reminds me, you already saw the mention of SRW 300? XD

That reminds me of this

Specifically the bit at 4:15-4:46.

12 minutes ago, Armagon said:

20220630_070117.jpg

See, this is a banger design.

In general, really liking how Xenoblade 3 is having more than the average number of black people JRPGs usually have. Like here we have Taion, Sena, Ashera and this unnamed girl. And all of them seem to be of story significance, with two of them being in the main party. That's pretty good.

And then there's me, who isn't a fan of the overall design in XC3 so far. XD 

Ofc a character might warm up to me when i play, but so far i'm not impressed.

As i wasn't sure if escaping wasn't a function in MMBN 1, i tested it... it isn't. This means that going around and doing certain tasks is a nightmare most of the time.

https://www.nintendolife.com/news/2022/06/random-nintendo-shareholder-apparently-asked-for-a-new-f-zero-at-general-meeting

Nintendo be cruelly teasing again.

Reading the specifics and the comments, the initial report of "things other than F-Zero also got mentioned, like Wario Land and Baten Kaitos", seems neither true nor false. There was a  list of video games presented by the shareholder, Nintendo crossed out every single one of them except F-Zero. What the other games were is uncertain. Everything that got crossed out has no pulse, F-Zero still does, supposedly. ('Course BK would need Namco on board, Ninty so couldn't casually say yes on that at a stockholder meeting -if it was on the list.)

Edited by Interdimensional Observer

3 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Everything that got crossed out has no pulse, F-Zero still does, supposedly.

That's because they're going to put Red Canyon in the next wave of Mario Kart 8 DLC.

5 minutes ago, Armagon said:

That's because they're going to put Red Canyon in the next wave of Mario Kart 8 DLC.

What?! *Checks the Internet for news I might have somehow missed*

-You're joking of course.😅 The unfortunate thing is that I can totally believe you.

Although maybe it's for the better that they don't revive it, I can see Ruben being very critical of any halfhearted corporate resurrection efforts. Even a GX HD remake would be mocked for Ninty botching the originally silky smooth frame rate or something.

Whooooop! The other day I got a foil Steam card for Unmetal. Sold it today for five whole bucks. And two cents.

I mean, I've no idea what to do with the free money, but still - free money! God must truly be so pleased with me. Absolutely everything has been coming up swimmingly for me this past month.

17 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Although maybe it's for the better that they don't revive it, I can see Ruben being very critical of any halfhearted corporate resurrection efforts. Even a GX HD remake would be mocked for Ninty botching the originally silky smooth frame rate or something.

I like how the downside of a new F-Zero is that it would make me specifically angry.

...to be fair, though... Yeah. GX is a damn near perfect racing game. I'd be super sad to see the series revived, just for the new game to join the "shitty, empty, DLC-bait sports games" saga that Nintendo's been on for the last couple of years.

1 hour ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Oh, yeah, only option was the Escape chip, if I recall.

Yeah, and thats a pain to keep switching in an out when you dont need it.

2 has an escape function, but its % is based off Megaman's level, which is kinda dumb.

And passed that point, its % is based of HP, right? Base HP, not programs count.

Kbquuqav o

NOW is the time for more Papers, Please.

9 hours ago, Sooks said:

That doesn’t even make sense, why would a teacher’s mistake lead to you having to redo things? It sounds like whatever they made a mistake on just shouldn’t be counted, unless it’s like an entire major test or something.

The teacher forgot to specify, both in the lessons and in the study materials we received, that we have to add some bonuses in the calculation of overtime and this caused all subsequent calculations to be wrong. Half the class had to retake the test.

9 hours ago, Sooks said:

Anyway that sucks, but you’ve got this!

9 hours ago, Benice said:

Oof... Hopefully they go smoothly the second time around...

TY TY

5 minutes ago, Newtype06 said:

Kbquuqav o

Captura_de_tela__31_.png?

Anyway, congratulations on the ten pontos.

NOW is the time for more Papers, Please.

Don't let that family of yours starve, now.

The teacher forgot to specify, both in the lessons and in the study materials we received, that we have to add some bonuses in the calculation of overtime and this caused all subsequent calculations to be wrong. Half the class had to retake the test.

Nice. Good job, teach.

9 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Captura_de_tela__31_.png?

It's how my PC names screenshots

10 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Don't let that family of yours starve, now.

I won't, but Sergiu died even though I shot the terrorist

The fact that I produced a card that doesn't exist from thin air, and I was able to sell it for enough bucks to get two games. You're so silly, Steam.

I was browsing the store for games for less than 5 bucks, and To The Moon and Braid are the ones that immediately jumped to me. Both oldies, but renowned oldies, one as an extremely good and emotional story-driven experience, the other a profound, yet brutal puzzle platformer. Heard great things about both, and To The Moon is a game that I've always thought "you know, this could be neat to play one day."

I could buy both and still have like 40 cents to spare. Maybe I'll buy a hat in TF2 lol. Problem is the backlog, but... Eh, I don't have any 200 hour commitments in the near future, and my workplace has adopted a "summer schedule", one less hour before we can go. I can get through six games fine. Seven, if I take long enough for Live a Live to come out, haha.

Just now, Newtype06 said:

I won't, but Sergiu died even though I shot the terrorist

See, the problem is that you said "the terrorist." Singular.

Sergiu is difficult to keep alive. That cruel bastard Pope plopped the single most brutal terrorist attack the same day of Sergiu's potential reunion with his girlfriend. If you manage to do both things, however, you are rewarded greatly. Sergiu may be beyond shitty as a guardsman, but nobody can say he's an ingrate.

The last IBO battle in SRW30 was cool. Would've been easier if I had equipped parts that kept the IBO quartet from running out of EN and ammo before the Drei showed up, but all meant was that I got my most spectacular MAP attack carnage in 30 in via the Goldleo (with the brokenly good Zealous Trigger equipped b/c otherwise (or via Multi-Action) most MAPs have setup difficulties in this game, I've rarely found them worth using). Having two turns to take down some ancient humanity-murdering machine before Mikazuki dies was thrilling. Though the bloodied eye made me queasy.🤢

3 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

I like how the downside of a new F-Zero is that it would make me specifically angry.

Just trying to do prepare your mind and type out some of your frustration for you before anything, if anything, happens.

3 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

...to be fair, though... Yeah. GX is a damn near perfect racing game. I'd be super sad to see the series revived, just for the new game to join the "shitty, empty, DLC-bait sports games" saga that Nintendo's been on for the last couple of years.

Critic reviews haven't be the warmest towards the latest Mario sports games. If this model on some level fails for Mario, then how would it possibly work for F-Zero, which has Zero.0000007% of the popularity of Super Mario?

1 hour ago, Saint Rubenio said:

The fact that I produced a card that doesn't exist from thin air, and I was able to sell it for enough bucks to get two games. You're so silly, Steam.

I've seen an offhand comment here and there saying to the effect of "Steam doesn't want NFT games on its storefront? A touch hypocritical much?", referring to the cards.

12 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Just trying to do prepare your mind and type out some of your frustration for you before anything, if anything, happens.

Hah! Well, thanks. Still, I'd probably be happier to see F-Zero making a return, any return at all.

Critic reviews haven't be the warmest towards the latest Mario sports games. If this model on some level fails for Mario, then how would it possibly work for F-Zero, which has Zero.0000007% of the popularity of Super Mario?

Nintendo has made decisions more baffling and downright stupid than this in the past. I wouldn't put it past them to just randomly decide to pluck F-Zero out of its shallow grave so they can toss it in a deeper one. But then, Metroid's revival went pretty well, so who knows, really.

...I'm just afraid of the shitty Mario sports marketing scheme seeping into other things. It needs to die, not propagate. I want to live in a world where I can't say that Ubisoft treats Nintendo's star mascot better than Nintendo does.

Ah who am I kidding, even if they were treating Mario well I'd still say that. Mario and Rabbids 2 looks too awesome. Is October 20 here yet?

I've seen an offhand comment here and there saying to the effect of "Steam doesn't want NFT games on its storefront? A touch hypocritical much?", referring to the cards.

I mean, I frankly don't get the appeal of going out of one's way to buy Steam cards, especially the more expensive foil cards, but at least they appear out of thin air for free rather than utilizing enviromentally-unfriendly tech to expedite the scam. Not to mention, no Steam card is as hideously expensive as the average NFT. And Steam cards don't have a legion of imbeciles pretending they're grander than they really are.

Steam trading cards are just another example of the fact that you don't need NFTs for the trade of digital goods. That at best it's just a far worse way to do what's already been possible for ages.

Edited by BrightBow

5 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

You're joking of course.

Sadly I cannot strikethrough on mobile.

5 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

I don't think F-Zero would get that treatment. DLC sure but not dripfeed.