Jump to content
Eunie

We L(Ike) Hellos, Games and Teehees

Which is / will be your game of the year 2022 for Nintendo Switch?  

11 members have voted

  1. 1. What is / will be your goty from 2022 for Nintendo Switch?

    • Triangle Strategy
      0
    • Rune Factory 5
      0
    • Kirby And The Forgotten Land
      0
    • Fire Emblem: Three Hopes
      0
    • Xenoblade Chronicles 3
      4
    • Splatoon 3
      0
    • Mario And Rabbids Sparks Of Hope
      0
    • Other
      3
    • Pokémon Arceus
      1
    • Have Not Played Any Games
      3


Recommended Posts

7 minutes ago, BrightBow said:

The month of Bertholia has finally arrived.

If only I could whip train y'all to VS2's release date like I could whip train Roleck and Jonathan across the map to Barzelphen.

5 minutes ago, Sooks said:

i5G8Hw6.jpg

She's gonna have to teach hard enough for the both of them now.

At least he died a hero, goddamnit. My dream treated him better than Three Hopes did.

...Now I'm just wondering what sparked this dream in my mind. With all the other news and games keeping me busy, I had kept Three Hopes out of my mind for a few days by now, and while I like Annette well enough, I never did care much for these two together. I guess my subconscious had secretly been in awe of that bookshelf-cleaning support all these years?

5 minutes ago, Sooks said:

…I kinda want that too…

Hah! And they called me mad! Attaboy, Sooks! Shrimpers and Dayni couldn't tell a brilliant idea if it sat on their faces and made them call it "mommy"!

5 minutes ago, Sooks said:

I didn’t mind them back when there was like 3-4 a chapter, and I still don’t mind them individually, but there’s just way too many of them now.

Agree. I mean, at least 3H’s “bloat” could mostly be skipped if you really wanted to.

Definitely agree.

Hm. Unfortunate...

To be honest, while I have to admit I've been a cynical dick about this game (but c'mon, you have to be understanding and spare me at least two or three rants - they gave me a massive gut punch for no good reason, guy's my favorite character in Fodlan), my current stance with it is "wait and see." As much as it disgusts me to admit it, updates and DLC might be the dealbreaker here. Warriors gameplay and Fodlan doesn't exactly fill me with confidence, but I'm juuuuuust borderline interested enough that, provided no other, "safer" games are holding my attention, I might be curious enough to try at some point. The biggest factor tipping the scale toward "no" is that, as it stands, I'm disappointed with the cast. But then... That's not an unfixable issue.

...So uuuhhhh... How likely do y'all think DLC is for Three Soaps, anyway?

1 minute ago, Benice said:

zsiNgfS.jpg

Yes, I think that's been the face I would've made.

Y'know, if I wasn't currently sleeping and in some way "living" through the experience.

I must say, it takes some real fucking talent to simultaneously kill off your favorite character from a game and yourself in your own dream. And like it, to top it all off! I spent the entire walk to work thinking "wow that was one rad fucking dream, let me develop the idea a bit and drop it on the Teehee guys, see what they think."

1 minute ago, Benice said:

Toothpaste-Chan is the main antagonist?

Baahahahahahahahaha

Okay, I wasn't expecting that one. Good one, Benny-boy, good one. Caught me off-guard.

1 minute ago, Benice said:

The funniest character is unironically the edgelord, LAD is an easy 10/10.

Some time ago I would've called you a mad lad, but I can easily tell from just the trailer that the character called Edge is going to be the second-best character in Mario and Rabbids 2 (first spot is impossible to take because Luigi exists), so... Yeah. I can believe that, honestly.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Awoken Dayni said:

What's up besides.

I woke up filled with the fear of the night before. It has been a while (I think, maybe it actually hasn't been) since melancholy took the appetite from me. SRW30 was able to numb it away, but within minutes of ending the play session, the wholly-mental gut unease returned.

Thankfully, it's fading now, though the underlying concerns ain't going away any decade soon. Presently have a lemon-lime lollypop in my mouth, perhaps I should take some novel advice from SRW and dunk it in booze. (Which leaves me wondering, do you pick something dry, bitter, or acidic to counteract the sweetness of the sugar sphere, or -if available- do you pair the lolly with matching alcohol, like cherry with cherry liqueur?) And I don't want to eat anything substantial right now b/c I'm being dragged to eating on the beach with fireworks thereafter.

 

12 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

...Now I kinda wanna see that. Imagine that - a horror spin-off of Fodlan. Terrifying ghastly hounds come out of the forests surrounding Garreg Mach and disembowel all of the lords and Rhea before anyone can react.

You're leaving me thinking of how an SRPG could possibly integrate the Horror genre. Which is bringing this recently released game to mind. In the sense that overpowered enemies you can't kill, only stall, seems like something horror-ish that an SRPG can integrate.

The problem is the above game has mass-produced units, FE has permadeath. Irreplaceable finite units makes the above idea more challenging. Although it could make a turn-rewind mechanic more strategic than a casual player & "sudden surprise map shit" helper. Rewind time all you want, you need it, because even it isn't enough to trivialize the overwhelming power coming after you.

Edited by Interdimensional Observer

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, WraithReborn said:

@Saint Rubenio well I’ve read the four novels and the adventures of Sherlock Holmes and so far I think they’re pretty good.

I knew you wouldn't disappoint me, old boy.

If I may point you toward Jules Verne now, you might find that to be rather quality reading material as well.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, Benice said:

By the way, I don't know if you'll remember either, but could you give me a brief-ish summary of the plot so far? I remember a couple of things, but not that much- I just got to

Last I remember you were on Chapter 6; a plot summary would get pretty long so I would recommend either rewatching the story in the cutscene theater, reading the wiki's plot summary (which I wouldn't recommend normally, just don't scroll down too far), read the other wiki's plot summary, or just keep playing and hope you remember things when they come up.

But you know what RPG has a feature that keeps a summary of the plot for you?

Estelle_Bright_-_Portrait_0507_(FC).png

No, it's not a Yakuza game.

Edited by Lightchao42

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Warriors gameplay

I hate warriors usually. Tried some, just didn't vibe with the button mashing tanky mess it becomes.

I am hella enjoying the gameplay of this. The FE dna is deep in this, and there's no tanky enemies issue since effective damage is like a delete button. Also ally AI characters do their job, they don't just stall or lose health for no reason, if you send them with advantage over enemies, 95% of the time they will capture/defend the Area. That mixed with tactical elements and advantage/disadvantage stuff makes for a real fun game. FE RTS as i heard some people call it.

There's also some stuff that i think mainline FE can implement for some real fun stuff

like:

  • Energized status: Extra exp next map for benched units
  • Strategms. Basically pre map dragon vein you use a limited resource to change stuff on the map. If implemented well can make for some interesting puzzles.
  • Only Armors being able to tear down walls. Gives them niche without them losing their theme.

Stuff like that can really work well in a mainline, i imagine

17 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Fodlan

...stay away

This is basically 3 more routes of Fodlan xD.

No, really, i doubt you will like this as it's just more Fodlan.

17 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

...So uuuhhhh... How likely do y'all think DLC is for Three Soaps, anyway?

....I am honestly not sure lol...

Edited by Shrimpy

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Lightchao42 said:

But you know what RPG has a feature that keeps a summary of the plot for you?

Yaku-

Just now, Lightchao42 said:

No, it's not a Yakuza game.

Oops.

6 minutes ago, Lightchao42 said:

Hey, it turns out I actually remembered most of it!

And y'know what, as long as I have Zeke, the game will be good.

---

Happy 155th birthday, Canada, I suppose.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Hah! And they called me mad! Attaboy, Sooks! Shrimpers and Dayni couldn't tell a brilliant idea if it sat on their faces and made them call it "mommy"!

Actually, I think it’s just you who wants their ideas to do that—

27 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Warriors gameplay

Much better than (my limited experience of) usual warriors gameplay. More tactical and a ton of FE like features. I can’t explain it better than Shrimpy can, though.

31 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

At least he died a hero, goddamnit. My dream treated him better than Three Hopes did.

Fun fact about chapter 12 of Scarlet Blaze:

Spoiler

Hanneman actually appears in the story. While Edelgard is about to finish conquering the kingdom, TWSITD show up and start a riot in a sizable chunk of her territory, so the group has to turn around and stop it because TWSITD. It turns out that Hanneman set out alone from that bridge he’s guarding (which is somewhat nearby) to go stop the big riot (the main mission) all on his own, until he meets up with Leonie at some point, and they work together. Both of them are green units in this battle, making it very possible for Hanneman to die a hero (iirc he’s not a game over condition).

This possibility for death might have been a very thin excuse for him not being playable but… Leonie can also die and she’s recruitable here.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, Shrimpy said:

I hate warriors usually. Tried some, just didn't vibe with the button mashing tanky mess it becomes.

I am hella enjoying the gameplay of this. The FE dna is deep in this, and there's no tanky enemies issue since effective damage is like a delete button. Also ally AI characters do their job, they don't just stall or lose health for no reason, if you send them with advantage over enemies, 95% of the time they will capture/defend the Area. That mixed with tactical elements and advantage/disadvantage stuff makes for a real fun game. FE RTS as i heard some people call it.

There's also some stuff that i think mainline FE can implement for some real fun stuff

like:

  • Energized status: Extra exp next map for benched units
  • Strategms. Basically pre map dragon vein you use a limited resource to change stuff on the map. If implemented well can make for some interesting puzzles.
  • Only Armors being able to tear down walls. Gives them niche without them losing their theme.

Stuff like that can really work well in a mainline, i imagine

 

8 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Much better than (my limited experience of) usual warriors gameplay. More tactical and a ton of FE like features. I can’t explain it better than Shrimpy can, though.

Yeah, see, stuff like this is what contributes to the "very borderline interest" part.

27 minutes ago, Shrimpy said:

...stay away

This is basically 3 more routes of Fodlan xD.

No, really, i doubt you will like this as it's just more Fodlan.

I mean, I would get a kick out of beating the shit out of Clod and Hellda -actually beat it, this time...

27 minutes ago, Shrimpy said:

....I am honestly not sure lol...

Hm. People seem to be theorizing that it's likely, but then, people are most often wrong.

As I said before, "wait and see" is my strategy here. I wouldn't get it now under any circumstances, anyway. First, the six or so games I have planned on. Then we'll see what has happened with this one in the meantime.

11 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Actually, I think it’s just you who wants their ideas to do that—

No, who said anything about wanting, I said-- ahh, never mind.

11 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Fun fact about chapter 12 of Scarlet Blaze:

  Hide contents

Hanneman actually appears in the story. While Edelgard is about to finish conquering the kingdom, TWSITD show up and start a riot in a sizable chunk of her territory, so the group has to turn around and stop it because TWSITD. It turns out that Hanneman set out alone from that bridge he’s guarding (which is somewhat nearby) to go stop the big riot (the main mission) all on his own, until he meets up with Leonie at some point, and they work together. Both of them are green units in this battle, making it very possible for Hanneman to die a hero (iirc he’s not a game over condition).

This possibility for death might have been a very thin excuse for him not being playable but… Leonie can also die and she’s recruitable here.

 

Spoiler

Hanneman best man. Now let's move on to being negative again.

This isn't the only weird case of seemingly pointless unplayables. Without going into detail, as I'm not certain if you've seen this, at one point three characters (one per route) can potentially suffer a story death. Two of them are unplayable. One of them is playable and has been available up to that point, far as I know.

There's just these super strange inconsistencies like this and exactly three 3H characters being unplayable. People speculate that these people will later be added, a la Jeritza, or as paid DLC.

Honestly, I hope so. The students already had a game all for them, this game was their chance to give the lesser secondaries a chance to develop and shine. It saddens me they only did that for a select few and let the rest continue wallowing in obscurity.

...and they REMOVED MY GODDAMNED FAVORITE CHARACTER AAAAAA---

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Saint Rubenio said:

No, who said anything about wanting, I said-- ahh, never mind.

There are some things you don’t have to say.

1 minute ago, Saint Rubenio said:
  Hide contents

Hanneman best man. Now let's move on to being negative again.

This isn't the only weird case of seemingly pointless unplayables. Without going into detail, as I'm not certain if you've seen this, at one point three characters (one per route) can potentially suffer a story death. Two of them are unplayable. One of them is playable and has been available up to that point, far as I know.

There's just these super strange inconsistencies like this and exactly three 3H characters being unplayable. People speculate that these people will later be added, a la Jeritza, or as paid DLC.

Honestly, I hope so. The students already had a game all for them, this game was their chance to give the lesser secondaries a chance to develop and shine. It saddens me they only did that for a select few and let the rest continue wallowing in obscurity.

...and they REMOVED MY GODDAMNED FAVORITE CHARACTER AAAAAA---

 

Spoiler

Is that character in Scarlet Blaze Randolph? Because if so then yes I’m aware, don’t know about the other routes though.

Hanneman may be absent, but I’m now learning that all of Jeralt’s supports involve him talking about how old he is! That’s… something.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Fair enough, but c'mon, at lesst have Jorji in the highlights. Everybody loves Jorji.

Jorji is le funny meme man, but I wouldn't call him a highlight. At least he was a real bro trying to help me escape even though I detained him a hundred times.

11 hours ago, Awoken Dayni said:

Then I got ratioed hard by King of the Monsters.

I dropped the first movie after Bryan Cranston died lol

1 hour ago, Benice said:

The funniest character is unironically the edgelord, LAD is an easy 10/10.

Okay, but here comes the real question: is it better than Lost Judgment and Yakuza 0?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Newtype06 said:

Okay, but here comes the real question: is it better than Lost Judgment and Yakuza 0?

Yakuza 0? Nah, I don't think so- As absolutely brilliant as LAD is with its cast, story and side content, I don't think that it tops Majima's story in 0, though it is pretty close; were 0 not my first Yakuza game, it's possible that I'd think that LAD would be better. 0 still is my favorite game ever, though.

As for LJ... I'm not sure. LJ's combat is kino for the series, and the narrative it presents is really unique (I personally haven't seen any more "mature" narratives really talk about bullying with this much respect), and it provokes more thought than most games in the series in terms of being philosophical, in my opinion. However, even though LJ is a brilliant game for pretty much the whole ride, it doesn't quite peak as high as LAD does, and the very end of the finale is a big letdown gameplay-wise, since both bosses you fight are really bad; LAD's finale is absolutely incredible gameplay-wise and story wise (Though the Right Hand is a bit of a bummer), and the post-credits scene is easily amongst the best in the series. For now, I'd say they're on par with on another, but they're brilliant in different ways.

In terms of my personal S-tier of Yakuza games, though, I would say that both LAD and LJ are a bit better than Kiwami 2; Kiwami 2 has absolutely incredible peaks (and the Majima Saga is beautiful) and is really funny, but it's otherwise just good, and... Well, the narrative of OG2 hasn't aged too well in terms of treatment of women, and K2 didn't deviate from the original very much. They did get rid of this, though.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Banger song.

Seems the strat for Chain Attacks is to go with the lower numbers first and go higher to max out the TP Gauge. Maxing it out gives you a special attack and probably extends the round. It looks like it works similarly to Union Bursts or whatever they were called in Future Connected, so I doubt you can continue it several times like in Xenoblade 1 and 2.

6 hours ago, Shrimpy said:

But we didn't need 7 side missions a chapter

But can't you just-

6 hours ago, Shrimpy said:

4 of which are usually forced to play a main map

Ahhh.

1 hour ago, Sooks said:

Agree. I mean, at least 3H’s “bloat” could mostly be skipped if you really wanted to.

I feel like I'm being vindicated in my decision to not buy Three Hopes.

1 hour ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

You're leaving me thinking of how an SRPG could possibly integrate the Horror genre. Which is bringing this recently released game to mind. In the sense that overpowered enemies you can't kill, only stall, seems like something horror-ish that an SRPG can integrate.

Oh this released! Epic, I think I'll be taking that sale.

23 minutes ago, Newtype06 said:

dropped the first movie after Bryan Cranston died lol

The first movie's boring as shit.

It had the undisputed best Kaiju fatality scene tho.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
50 minutes ago, Sooks said:

How did I not notice this?? Either way, it’s neat.

Holst is just Archibald and you can't convince me otherwise

24 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

I woke up filled with the fear of the night before. It has been a while (I think, maybe it actually hasn't been) since melancholy took the appetite from me. SRW30 was able to numb it away, but within minutes of ending the play session, the wholly-mental gut unease returned.

Thankfully, it's fading now, though the underlying concerns ain't going away any decade soon. Presently have a lemon-lime lollypop in my mouth, perhaps I should take some novel advice from SRW and dunk it in booze. (Which leaves me wondering, do you pick something dry, bitter, or acidic to counteract the sweetness of the sugar sphere, or -if available- do you pair the lolly with matching alcohol, like cherry with cherry liqueur?) And I don't want to eat anything substantial right now b/c I'm being dragged to eating on the beach with fireworks thereafter.

I mean, if you want to double down with the drink dunking I'd think that could be too much, make it too citrusy in your case. A drink that complements well with the flavour would make sense, but I don't know what spirits you can stand.

I realise that it's not a think that goes away so easily, but I hope your day's more settle at least.

12 minutes ago, Shrimpy said:

Only Armors being able to tear down walls. Gives them niche without them losing their theme.

Thracia did it first.

25 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Actually, I think it’s just you who wants their ideas to do that—

Please don't speak for what my idea want.

10 minutes ago, Armagon said:

It had the undisputed best Kaiju fatality scene tho.

Yes.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

You're leaving me thinking of how an SRPG could possibly integrate the Horror genre. Which is bringing this recently released game to mind. In the sense that overpowered enemies you can't kill, only stall, seems like something horror-ish that an SRPG can integrate.

The problem is the above game has mass-produced units, FE has permadeath. Irreplaceable finite units makes the above idea more challenging. Although it could make a turn-rewind mechanic more strategic than a casual player & "sudden surprise map shit" helper. Rewind time all you want, you need it, because even it isn't enough to trivialize the overwhelming power coming after you.

The more we talk about it, the more interesting the idea sounds.

40 minutes ago, Sooks said:

There are some things you don’t have to say.

Grrrr.

Quote
  Hide contents

Is that character in Scarlet Blaze Randolph? Because if so then yes I’m aware, don’t know about the other routes though.

Hanneman may be absent, but I’m now learning that all of Jeralt’s supports involve him talking about how old he is! That’s… something.

 

Spoiler

That's the one, yes. In Claude route it's Judith, because of course she is, and in Dimitri route it's Rodrigue. And therein lies the contradiction - Rodrigue is very playable. So what the fuck? They're very willing to kill off playables this time around, so why are all of these other characters not playable? It doesn't make sense.

Also that Jeralt thing's just sad, especially considering Hanneman didn't spend his every waking hour talking about his age.

...only in his combat quotes. And he talked a lot about crests instead. But there was a lot more to him. A monocle, for starters!

 

14 minutes ago, Armagon said:

I feel like I'm being vindicated in my decision to not buy Three Hopes.

I'm kinda flip-flopping between this and some amount of genuine curiosity.

...ah I'm sure it'll pass. That stupid dream's just messing with my mind.

Edited by Saint Rubenio

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, Awoken Dayni said:

I mean, if you want to double down with the drink dunking I'd think that could be too much, make it too citrusy in your case. A drink that complements well with the flavour would make sense, but I don't know what spirits you can stand.

That was a joke. I'm a teetotaler, always have been. I read recently that about 35% of the drinking age US population abstains from alcohol, unusually high for a country whose major religion doesn't forbid it. In Europe, the only statistic I remember that was spoken in the same breath is Germany, only 4% of adults entirely abstain there, so the book claimed. 

Nonetheless, alcohol is fun to me.😄 I find joy in getting caught up in the science, the art, the culture, the absurdities, the allure, more than I ever would imbibing a glass of the stuff, be it common ale or some superbly niche spirit. I'd like to hold a bottle of quality tokaji or a Death in the Afternoon cocktail, but I know better than to sip them. -If the polite thing to do at a specific occasion was to take a little toast and water wasn't an option, I suppose I would, I've no obligations that demand I don't.

 

45 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Oh this released! Epic, I think I'll be taking that sale.

Hopefully it's fun!😀 It's rather small and niche so I haven't seen much written about the game, but the few articles I have seen do praise it.

 

31 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

I'm kinda flip-flopping between this and some amount lf genuine curiosity.

Happens to me with a whole bunch of games.😆 Some of which pester me until I finally buy them, and when I do, it's in part to stop them from continuing to annoy me. 

Right now, one of them is this Raji: An Ancient Epic, a game (on Steam of course) which interests me because it has a Balinese Hinduism setting, and I think the dev is from Indonesia as well. To see review criticisms of the game as being too much short however... makes me hold off on going for it. Nonetheless, I've a liking for Indic/Dharmic religions, and a non-Japanese perspective on them is appreciable, so I can't forget about the game entirely either.

Edited by Interdimensional Observer

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Happens to me with a whole bunch of games.😆 Some of which pester me until I finally buy them, and when I do, it's in part to stop them from continuing to annoy me. 

See, it worries me because it was precisely this feeling that made me replay Three Houses three times. And each time I just came out more disappointed lol. Fodlan seems to have a talent to be just good enough to get me interested, but then drop down a proverbial sack of bricks on top of my head and leave me feeling mildly annoyed.

Hanneman once again proves he's the greatest character in Fodlan by singlehandedly solving the conundrum. For the time being, at least.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Maybe I'm gonna try out the demo. In a few months or so.

Last thing I want is for Nintendo to mistake my morbid curiosity for genuine interest.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Right now, one of them is this Raji: An Ancient Epic, a game (on Steam of course) which interests me because it has a Balinese Hinduism setting, and I think the dev is from Indonesia as well. To see review criticisms of the game as being too much short however... makes me hold off on going for it. Nonetheless, I've a liking for Indic/Dharmic religions, and a non-Japanese perspective on them is appreciable, so I can't forget about the game entirely either.

Don't know if there's a demo on Steam but I tried the Switch port's demo and it ran fine enough.

10 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

That was a joke. I'm a teetotaler, always have been.

Nonetheless, alcohol is fun to me.😄 I find joy in getting caught up in the science, the art, the culture, the absurdities, the allure, more than I ever would imbibing a glass of the stuff, be it common ale or some superbly niche spirit. I'd like to hold a bottle of quality tokaji or a Death in the Afternoon cocktail, but I know better than to sip them. -If the polite thing to do at a specific occasion was to take a little toast and water wasn't an option, I suppose I would, I've no obligations that demand I don't.

Meanwhile I'm here just looking at the cheap bears and turning my nose at them while the costs for them all got pushed up due to a policy that's clearly intended to benefit the bar owners at a time where those prices also shot up. Needless to say that whole sector's in trouble and multiple sectors seem to act like they should be getting more off everyone but with reduced spending power that can't actually happen.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Awoken Dayni said:

Meanwhile I'm here just looking at the cheap bears and turning my nose at them

Why are you being snobbish towards frugal burly boys?😛

13 minutes ago, Awoken Dayni said:

while the costs for them all got pushed up due to a policy that's clearly intended to benefit the bar owners at a time where those prices also shot up. Needless to say that whole sector's in trouble and multiple sectors seem to act like they should be getting more off everyone but with reduced spending power that can't actually happen.

Post-pandemic woes? Sounds like things are creaking, underconsumption yet also supply-chain shortages? Does that sound possible? Though classic economic theory says stagflation shouldn't be possible, and yet here we are again. And since what's in crisis here is the millennia-old palliative for depression, I'm not sure what the common man/woman/human can turn to to get through it..

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Why are you being snobbish towards frugal burly boys?😛

Ah typos. 😛

Pretend that sounded slightly like an Aussie accent.

3 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Post-pandemic woes? Sounds like things are creaking, underconsumption yet also supply-chain shortages? Does that sound possible? Though classic economic theory says stagflation shouldn't be possible, and yet here we are again. And since what's in crisis here is the millennia-old palliative for depression, I'm not sure what the common man/woman/human can turn to to get through it..

And yet profit margins skyrocket. I would argue shortages are more prevalent than underconsumption at this stage in what can be considered essentials (though even that seems uneven, see the US formula shortages which are not as common an occurrence as in other hemispheres.), unlike in public houses or the entertainment sector where that's still on shaky ground in the post-pandemic only it isn't period. Hasn't stopped some relatives from going to concerts or even myself having gone to a match earlier on in the year, but it's less frequent as a whole than it might have been in the 2010's

I suspect there'll be a more significant downturn, though that's probably going to be exacerbated by fuel prices and all the issues that way, I had to raise an eyebrow at one power company here deciding to raise their gas prices by around 30% and electricity by 10% in the coming weeks.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...