Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

Just now, Shrimpy said:

wtf

Cindered Shadows gives you generic replacements if too many of your units die

Wait, what? Isn't that Three Houses? You jumped back to that one or am I missing something here?

Anyway, grab 'em. Replacement units are the best. VS2 has one in particular that's arguably better than his "proper" counterpart!

• Replies 176k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Shrimpica

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

Happy birdday @Acacia Sgt!

Golden_Eagle_in_flight_-_5.jpg

7 hours ago, Shrimpy said:

The name - 3 Hopes - is a lie. This is the dark timeline more like.

Technically only the English name is a lie, as the Japanese title is just Three Houses' Japanese title with "Warriors" added on. It's a good thing the English title is different, otherwise it would have been very confusing when I tried to get Three Hopes last week and the guy thought I was looking for Three Houses instead.

13 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Wait, what? Isn't that Three Houses? You jumped back to that one or am I missing something here?

yes, 3 Houses, no i didn't jump back to it, but Excel is playing 3H and is up to his usual fun shenanegans xD

2 minutes ago, Shrimpy said:

yes, 3 Houses, no i didn't jump back to it, but Excel is playing 3H and is up to his usual fun shenanegans xD

Ahh, I see.

Well, good to know Three Houses has good characters that aren't Hanneman hiding somewhere.

The tables were turned. It's not the gay route anymore.

2 hours ago, Shrimpy said:

One day fe will get rid of them..

One day...

I don't even dislike the idea, I just want them to have at the very least the same writing quality as the Loptyrians

Pepe Peepo Sticker - Pepe Peepo Pepe The Frog - Discover & Share GIFs

2 hours ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Well, do remember this is SRW, so her death isn't guaranteed. Although, I'm pretty sure in SRW D his mother still dies, but then again, SRW D is among the more darker SRW's, even if it still hits the idealistic side of the scale. SRW D has a dark beginning, that's for sure, before things slowly improve. Which is why Victory Gundam showed up there I suppose. D was its last appearance before 30, for that matter.

Did SRW manage to "fix" Victory the same way it did for SEED Destiny?

1 hour ago, Saint Rubenio said:

I mean, that's hardly as hideous as the men get sometimes, especially if they're villains. But still, good effort, I approve.

You should have seen it at the time. This caused a huge shitstorm.

15 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

This?

You're shitting me.

Well, we live in an age where people got mad because Aloy in Horizon: Forbidden West supposedly has a "beard".

Edited by BrightBow

1 minute ago, BrightBow said:

Well, we live in an age where people got mad because Aloy in Horizon: Forbidden West supposedly had a "beard".

Whomst? Let me goggle...

What? They call that peach fuzz a beard?! Have these people seen a woman in their lives?

...Ahh, who am I kidding, that question answers itself.

13 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

This?

You're shitting me.

1 minute ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Whomst? Let me goggle...

What? They call that peach fuzz a beard?! Have these people seen a woman in their lives?

ZUiROxn.png

(I believe I read that the "fan made" Aloy was actually done by somebody in order to mock people like this, which would be more evidence that shitposting is actually dead)

But yeah, stuff like this is why I refuse to call myself a "gamer".

4 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

My favorite takes are from gamers who complain about female characters in video games not being "womanly" enough even though their only source of reference for women is from movies and shows written by men.

3 minutes ago, ping said:

ZUiROxn.png

I mean, yeah, the real one isn't what I would describe as "stunning". But "masculine as hell"? In what universe? She looks like a perfectly unremarkable woman. Elaborate hairdo aside, she actually looks like a person I could meet in real life, which is a remarkable feat one doesn't see so often. The other one is utterly ridiculous.

Also, did I understand that right? Is the doofus making a favorable comparison to TLOU2? I was under the impression that TLOU2 was the modern boogeyman of vidyagheims... Whatever happened there?

(I believe I read that the "fan made" Aloy was actually done by somebody in order to mock people like this, which would be more evidence that shitposting is actually dead)

Ahh, G A M E R S and missing the point. A most iconic duo, up there with Sopranos fans and missing the point, and Breaking Bad fans and missing the point...

But yeah, stuff like this is why I refuse to call myself a "gamer".

Just tell people you have an appreciation for interactive experiences. If they get it, they get it.

1 minute ago, GuardianSing said:

My favorite takes are from gamers who complain about female characters in video games not being "womanly" enough even though their only source of reference for women is from movies and shows written by men.

These people should just be honest with themselves. We get it, you're horny. You want the fake woman to tingle your gravy giver. No shame in it, it's a perfectly natural thing. Just stop pretending it's anything grander than it really is and that everyone should strive first and foremost to appeal to your dick.

Just now, BrightBow said:

Amazing.

Couldn't have said it better myself.

2 hours ago, Lightchao42 said:

Happy birdday @Acacia Sgt!

Golden_Eagle_in_flight_-_5.jpg

Thanks!

2 hours ago, Newtype06 said:

Did SRW manage to "fix" Victory the same way it did for SEED Destiny?

Well, what changes happen depends on the SRW game, but overall, yes, there's always some fixing.

You can always count on much more people surviving, for starters. Üso's mother still dying in SRW D is, like I said, because the game itself is more darker if still idealistic. Like, it's one of the few that doesn't change UC Gundam's chronology much, since it begins during CCA's events. Not even retroactively, as it usually happens in some SRW's (well, there is a change, in that

Spoiler

Haman is still alive, and can be recruited in a NG+,

), and sometimes things went worse than canon (CCA events in special). Outside Victory which is the only one whose story still happens during the game. On the flip side, in this same game you can actually recruit back Katejina AND recruit Chronicle, because most of the stuff they did in the anime just doesn't happen in the game either, so it's more doable for them to be redeemable. Though it should be pointed that D

Spoiler

and 30

are the only games they can be recruited.

Edited by Acacia Sgt

52 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

These people should just be honest with themselves. We get it, you're horny. You want the fake woman to tingle your gravy giver. No shame in it, it's a perfectly natural thing. Just stop pretending it's anything grander than it really is and that everyone should strive first and foremost to appeal to your dick.

Sometimes I'll try and argue with these type of people and explain the sexist undertone of their beliefs and all they have to say is "It's just a game, don't take it too seriously"

These are the same people who are calling for the recognition of games as art yet apparently they are only art for as long as people don't see the problematic qualities of the game, and when they do, now it's "just a game" and no longer open for serious critique.

God, it's so annoying...

8 hours ago, Armagon said:

The other is Zeke from TearRing Saga, who is from the evil cult but he's like the only one who isn't maniacally cackling.....but he betrays the party anyways so I just offed him in his recruitment chapter.

Surely you mean Robin, the amnesiac cult member (heck sacrificial vessel to the cult's gods).

Plus TearRing Saga also had Shigen, and Sierra as other sources of cult representation, Zeke was just the most interesting

Spoiler

because he was a traitor, and undercover cultist.

8 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

You know? I have to confess, I've been getting this feeling myself. Just yesterday I had kind of an epiphany where it just randomly hit me "oh shit... Three Houses actually kinda sounds more appealing than Three Hopes in a number of ways." I wanted to believe I was just being too negative, but uh... Oof.

Honestly, despite my dislike of Three Houses, Three Hopes being a Musou game makes Three Houses much more appealing to me. Learned my lesson about that with Fire Emblem Warriors.

I love how easily they fell into that obvious bit of commentary. My favorite zinger back when this take was young centered around them being too awful for even a mother to love, as they had clearly never seen her face up close...

51 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Also, did I understand that right? Is the doofus making a favorable comparison to TLOU2? I was under the impression that TLOU2 was the modern boogeyman of vidyagheims... Whatever happened there?

They did specifically call out Ellie, when it was Abby that was their big bad "manly" woman boogeyman.

Also HAPPY BIRTHDAY @Acacia Sgt

So, I just watched the Tollywood (unfortunately this refers to two different sections of Indian cinema, one spoken in Bengali and the other Telugu, so that's great for keeping track. This film is in Telugu.) film RRR and because it's three hours long I feel like I need to say something about it.

It's certainly an entertaining film. The film's main duo are supposed to be based on two separate Indian revolutionaries, but the film is all fictionalised events around the two having to face one another. It's got arguably unnecessary dance scenes with how much of the film is actually sung (except the danceoff scene, that was 110% necessary), the combat scenes are full of bombast (as well as just being fun to watch) and I'd say the story is mostly easy to follow for how long it is (had a bit of confusion around a flashback or two but I caught on again pretty quickly). Though as a result it's not shy in being gory and it's British troops are very much the villains of the piece to a degree where they probably should have cackled more. Another thing I feel I should add would be that it kinda feels like there's a degree of propaganda around our protagonists who feel akin to mythological heroes (as seems to be the case with Bollywood protags), so if you don't want that this is three hours of pain for you.

Consider watching with popcorn and maybe others, it's on Netflix if anyone still has that.

2 hours ago, Newtype06 said:

I don't even dislike the idea, I just want them to have at the very least the same writing quality as the Loptyrians

Still peak evil cult.

1 hour ago, ping said:

ZUiROxn.png

The idea the pic on the right was made to poke fun at those complaining about the left pic is funny to me, because the guy who's using Alpha and Apex to probably mean the same thing doesn't realise this.

These people should just be honest with themselves. We get it, you're horny. You want the fake woman to tingle your gravy giver. No shame in it, it's a perfectly natural thing. Just stop pretending it's anything grander than it really is and that everyone should strive first and foremost to appeal to your dick

Dont most devs try to make all graphics appealing, not just characters? 

I sure as hell wouldnt wanna look at awful graphics in a PS4 game. Xd

The MC's relationship with his mom is so good oh my god

3 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

This?

You're shitting me.

https://fraghero.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/02/mass-effect-andromeda-face-mod-e1487543857837.jpg

https://fraghero.com/mass-effects-female-characters-intentionally-ugly-reason/

2 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

I mean, yeah, the real one isn't what I would describe as "stunning". But "masculine as hell"? In what universe? She looks like a perfectly unremarkable woman. Elaborate hairdo aside, she actually looks like a person I could meet in real life, which is a remarkable feat one doesn't see so often. The other one is utterly ridiculous.

She looks fatter compared to the first one

https://i.redd.it/901ra4vcmy171.jpg

1 hour ago, Awoken Dayni said:

Still peak evil cult.

Unsurpassed to this day. Just like Jugdral.

My foot!😫 I can barely step without pain. Please don't rupture like William the Conqueror's corpse at his funeral! I was told that this might be owed to my lethargic lifestyle, and my legs have never had good circulation. This reminds me of "gout", that millennia-old ailment associated with the wealthy elite who could afford to eat to excess and avoid physical labor. How anyone looked upon this affliction as a good problem to have is subjectively beyond me right now. This is my punishment for years of failing to exercise, and I accept it! I am wholly to blame for my own present misfortune, I deserve it. Idiot! May this "shove" fix my terrible habits, though I think myself such a fool that I might not. 

The thin silver lining is my panic over my inclinations being outlawed in the near future has receded. Immediate significant physical discomfort diminishes the terrible worries of the future. It reminds me how fragile, how easily addled the mortal human body is, though it hasn't yet triggered a death-obsessed depression yet. And I acknowledge it could be worse, an antibiotic ought to clear it up, unlike many other diseases that plague humanity. This isn't as bad as the time I slipped on a little water and severely bruised my right upper arm either.

----

But enough about me, belated happy birthday @Acacia Sgt! Sorry I didn't say it sooner.

9 hours ago, Newtype06 said:

In a game with so many cute heroines I got locked into the gay route.

4 hours ago, Newtype06 said:

The tables were turned. It's not the gay route anymore.

???

What exactly are you playing? The only thing that has come in this topic that comes to mind for the above lines is Steins;Gate.

9 hours ago, Newtype06 said:

Just wait until they adapt the chapter where Uso's mother is killed and he retrieves her helmet. With her head still inside.

Mobile Suit Victory Gundam | Forced Perspective

• I'm being reminded of a Mythbusters episode where they tested out designs for a legendary device said to sever heads and then bring them back to you. Like a decapitation yo-yo.
  • I also know feudal Japan (up to the early-Meiji era Satsuma Rebellion with the death of Saigo Takamori where his loyal servants got rid of his head to keep it from his enemies), had an obsession with gathering the heads of your opponents.
  • Lastly, I recall a story of Peter the Great of Russia, executing one of his mistresses for infidelity. As soon her head hit the ground, Peter picked it up and gave a lecture on human anatomy to the crowd. Genuine scientific curiosity expressed in one of the most grotesque ways possible.

That's gruesome. But it might be the case with me that sexual abuse is worse than visceral gore. Not quite sure, but maybe in "typical" anime it's not as bad as it would be if was photorealistic/live-action?

7 hours ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Let me guess, was it the Bikini Squad trap?

Yeah, in the anime it's indeed worse, since Üso isn't stopped and he kills them all.

If the choice is between losing purity to sexual torment and losing purity to massacring fellow human beings, I'd rather the latter. At least in this case it would've been self-defense against people who were irredeemably enemies.

7 hours ago, Acacia Sgt said:

On the topic of Zanscare, then you already played the mission with Operation Giant Roller?

You mean the one with there the heroes realize that BESPA wants to create a world of motorbike battleships and motorbike Mobile Suits? Yes. That was the end to Chapter 5. I think.

6 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

To be fair, as strategic-ish as it may be, it's still not FE. Mildly curious as I am about it, I'm still mainly holding out for the next real FE.

I personally don't mind the Musou aspect, i just feel that Three Hopes is a game that didn't need to exist. Or rather, one that didn't need to happen while FE17, whether remake or new, is nowhere to be found.

5 hours ago, Newtype06 said:

I just want them to have at the very least the same writing quality as the Loptyrians

>Writing quality
>Loptyrians

5 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Whomst? Let me goggle...

Never forget

cbc.jpg

3 hours ago, Eltosian Kadath said:

Surely you mean Robin, the amnesiac cult member (heck sacrificial vessel to the cult's gods).

Robin himself wasn't part of that tho. Like he was born into it but was taken very young, so it doesn't count.

3 hours ago, Eltosian Kadath said:

Plus TearRing Saga also had Shigen, and Sierra as other sources of cult representation, Zeke was just the most interesting

The former two just went "nah that shit sucked bro" and the latter's interest is erased when the game does not present the Gerxels in any interesting ways. 

18 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

I'm being reminded of a Mythbusters episode where they tested out designs for a legendary device said to sever heads and then bring them back to you. Like a decapitation yo-yo.

Pretty sure that's just a Mortal Kombat Fatality.

Normal ending by far. The emotional impact is much, much greater. Shirou achieves his goal of saving Sakura and, while I understand that living together might be a requirement to fulfill her (and to some extent his) desire for happiness, he still has to face the consequences of his choice (to save Sakura no matter what) and his recklessness (removing the shroud). Meaning he dies and doesn't get bailed out by the third magic. Now, I get it, the route is titled "Heaven's feel", you gotta show the magic itself, but that's just semantics. Bottom line is, not everything goes smoothly and sometimes the hero faces a situation that requires a great sacrifice (which should be felt by the reader and shouldn't be erased with a cheap deus ex machina). All the groundwork had been done to prepare us to that outcome, everything was set so that it made perfect sense.
Ultimately I think it fits better with the overall atmosphere of the route. Personally, the "happiness" of a fictional character is a secondary element when I read a story, so all the "you are a terrible person if you don't want Sakura to be happy" means shit to me (and the fact that I find her boring and her suffering forcibly pushed on the reader to a bothersome extent doesn't make me more invested). I just think the normal ending delivers deeper and has longer lasting impression, all while still staying true to the premise and the characters. Remember that, despite Nasu not giving the reader (nor the involved characters, ultimately) a reason to care (and that's a whole another problem in itself that somehow explains why something like the true ending is even possible to begin with), lots of people died because of Shirou's choice. And the true ending is just like, "yeah, well, I survived somehow, my girlfriend is happy now and we even managed to keep Rider with us. Let's go to see the cherry blossoms".

We are not discussing what was the point of the story, but how the cheap reborn takes some weight on the actions he took. Shirou could have paid any price for his own decisions to end like 90% healthy at the end of the route.

Why should I care for his body breaking down if at the end he will get one brand new ?

I'd actually personally say that normal end is more in line with the themes of the VN as a whole -- and you could probably argue with the themes of Shirou across the different mediums. The way I see it, every other route Shirou still adheres to his ideals -- not to the Archer extent, but he still holds them close and important. In HF, he throws away those ideals for Sakura. That's a choice that he's willing to make (and I do think it's genuinely debatable if Nasu sells the relationship between the two well enough for Shirou to be willing to do that -- but that's a whole different topic) and the route executes on that.

The route isn't exclusive from the themes of the whole novel though, and at the end -- what does Emiya Shirou giving up his ideals - the very thing he's rebuilt his identity with to save a single person at the cost of all else lead to? His death. I think it's an appropriate ending for someone willing to sacrifice everything for someone else. I know a lot of people bring up Sakura's happiness, but really, who cares? She was saved, now she has to live with it and maybe repent and atone, because while she may've been used, she's not exactly blameless in all the shit that goes down in the war itself.

While I get the Third Magic being built up to viewpoint, HF True End just does not feel thematically appropriate to me -- its too happy. I'd argue that in a lot of ways, it's even more sugary than Sunny Days, considering the path the route takes to get there.

Edit: I'll also add that I think the true end devalues the sacrifices and risks Shirou takes to get there. He does everything he does in full knowledge of the price he'll pay. Giving him, Sakura, and Rider a happy ending after all that seems almost unfair to his resolve.

Just my perspective, though.

fsn reddit based for once

2 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

???

What I thought was just a case of crossdressing aka "Cute Trap" has turned into full blown gender dysphoria.

What exactly are you playing?

I reserve my right to not disclose what I'm playing right now, not even to my fellow teehee-ers.

The only thing that has come in this topic that comes to mind for the above lines is Steins;Gate.

👀

1 hour ago, Armagon said:

>Writing quality
>Loptyrians

Goku Meme GIF - Goku Meme Cope - Discover & Share GIFs

Edited by Newtype06

But enough about me, belated happy birthday @Acacia Sgt! Sorry I didn't say it sooner.

Thanks! It's alright. Still July 2 over here.

That's gruesome. But it might be the case with me that sexual abuse is worse than visceral gore. Not quite sure, but maybe in "typical" anime it's not as bad as it would be if was photorealistic/live-action?

If the choice is between losing purity to sexual torment and losing purity to massacring fellow human beings, I'd rather the latter. At least in this case it would've been self-defense against people who were irredeemably enemies.

Well, do remember Üso was being psychically mind-assaulted, so it's not like he was quite conscious of what he was doing or had the choice. And do remember he's only 13 yet had to endure that.

You mean the one with there the heroes realize that BESPA wants to create a world of motorbike battleships and motorbike Mobile Suits? Yes. That was the end to Chapter 5. I think.

I mean, the idea of motorbike battleships sounds silly... until you realize their plan is, as the name Giant Roller suggests, to literally flatten EVERYTHING with those giant tires. Including cities, thus crushing the buildings and the people. Just straight up destroy everything on Earth in a gruesome way.

Fun fact, although SRW 30 has them descend over Greece, in the anime, and SRW D for that matter but I don't know what other SRWs with Victory did, their descent was on Mexico. Because even in the future our country is still, as the saying goes, "Far from God". Now, in SRW you tend to stop them before they actually enact Giant Roller, but in the Anime they were able to reach as north as Colorado, I think, before the Motorad was finally stopped.

Speaking of SRW D, it has an interesting mission when it comes to Giant Roller. It's basically a defend mission since half the map is a city in northern Mexico, with the Zanscare spawning on the other half. You must stop the Adrasteas, of which there are three of them, from reaching the city tiles, while the Victory Condition (at least at first, though I don't remember if something else happened after that) is to drop their HP to the red without destroying them. Mind, SRW D doesn't have the Mercy seishin, so you must be careful with your damage output lest you destroy them on accident. So you basically have to quickly box them in, then whittle them down carefully.

---

Phew, was a busy day in Riften. Did just about everything I could do there at the moment, including starting the Thieves' Guild questline, and went to pick up Esbern. I think I'll stick on The Rift for a while doing stuff before finally heading to Riverwood. But that's for next time.

Edited by Acacia Sgt

2 hours ago, Armagon said:

Never forget

cbc.jpg

*Wraith’s reaction to seeing stuff being posted about…”it”…*

Edited by WraithReborn