Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

Well, that’s the Scarlet Blaze route in Three Hopes. The ending is… rushed, actually, and kind of anticlimactic. This game’s handling of the war stuff in general is superior to Three Houses’ imo, and that’s what most of the game focuses on. But then, right near the end, the writers remembered that they had all these plot points and mysteries set up about our protagonist, Arval, the slitherers, and arguably Sothis. So, if you recruited a bonus character, and only if you recruited said bonus character for the thinnest of plot excuses, you get a spontaneous two chapter interlude focusing on said mysteries/lore… 

Spoiler

where you barely learn anything, especially about Shez, and then the game yeets Arval out of the plot and proceeds as normal. Then the slitherers act completely out of character and launch a super reckless attack on the place where the church’s main force is at, despite the fact that they would then be surrounded by enemies on all sides in said location, so Edelgard and company can take out them and the church in one battle. And the Empire is still at war with the kingdom, btw. And they all lived happily ever after, I guess. Every plot point surrounding Sothis is pretty much completely dropped as well. (I mean there were only like two, but there was quite a bit of hinting for… nothing)

Maybe some of this is resolved in other routes, but as it stands, Scarlet Blaze feels like an incomplete story on its own. Which sucks, because it was pretty good for most of it, but then they just dropped the ball at the end. RIP.

Also remember how I complained about there being a million side missions? Well the credits show the results of all missions (who was MVP and what rank you got) like a normal FE shows all your turn counts at the end, except they included all story battles AND all side missions and paralogues, so the credits take five years.

• Replies 176k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Shrimpica

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

An updated Thracia hack :eyes:

7 hours ago, Armagon said:

>Writing quality
>Loptyrians

I didn't want to say it, but yes lol.

Loptyr is Fates tier levels of bad writing. By far the worst cult with how much damage they do to the story, and how comically evil they are.

There's a reason why i call Loptyr "beta Anankos"

4 hours ago, Sooks said:

Maybe some of this is resolved in other routes

Nope

There's a reason why Slytherin wasn't part of Crimson Flower

It doesn't fit Edel. People complained so they shoved it in here and it makes everything worse.

4 hours ago, Sooks said:

Which sucks, because it was pretty good for most of it, but then they just dropped the ball at the end. RIP.

From what i read every route is like that, with Claude's being the worst, and Dimitri's the most conclusive but a certain character gets Kaga'd

Apparently the writers didn'T want good endings as to not invalidate 3 Houses or something.

SMH should've just went with Golden route time plot or something smh

Edited by Shrimpy

2 hours ago, Shrimpy said:

didn't want to say it, but yes lol.

Loptyr is Fates tier levels of bad writing. By far the worst cult with how much damage they do to the story, and how comically evil they are.

And Kaga did it again with TearRing Saga. Interesting conflict between the kingdom and empire where neither side is presented as truly bad (the empire is presented as antagonistic but not in the same way as more FE empires imo)? Nah, forget about that, cult time babyyyyyyyy.

2 hours ago, Shrimpy said:

Apparently the writers didn'T want good endings as to not invalidate 3 Houses or something.

SMH should've just went with Golden route time plot or something smh

And here I was thinking Three Hopes was the golden route lmao.

2 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Interesting conflict between the kingdom and empire where neither side is presented as truly bad (the empire is presented as antagonistic but not in the same way as more FE empires imo)? Nah, forget about that, cult time babyyyyyyyy.

So many JRPGs are ruined by that shit. Dunno why they are obsessed with that. (or similiar stuff like curses or whatever)

Makes me appreciate how XB2 subverses that. XB1 still did it in the worst way possible tho

3 minutes ago, Armagon said:

everyone thought that after the datamine. Turns out we are in the dark timeline lol

7 minutes ago, Shrimpy said:

So many JRPGs are ruined by that shit. Dunno why they are obsessed with that. (or similiar stuff like curses or whatever)

Makes me appreciate how XB2 subverses that. XB1 still did it in the worst way possible tho

Ngl, I am a little bit, just a little bit, concerned about how the Consuls will play out in Xenoblade 3. Like at this point I am pretty sure Melia and Nia are brainwashed which.....fine, I guess. At least there's the possibility of epic scenes featuring the both of them once they break free.

Only reason I'm not actually that worried about it in the long run is because Xeno has a proven good track record with villains. And Xeno being Xeno, the Consuls are just the Xenoblade version of Xenosaga's Testaments, and despite my differing opinions on the individuals, their role in the general story was good so I'm expecting the same thing here. 

7 minutes ago, Armagon said:

And Xeno being Xeno, the Consuls are just the Xenoblade version of Xenosaga's Testaments

I'm gonna have to judge myself just how true this actually is. XD I have my doubts honestly though.

Even if it is dissapointing we don't get in depth info on Erich and Jan Sauer's back stories more than we did.

Edited by lightcosmo

Ngl, I am a little bit, just a little bit, concerned about how the Consuls will play out in Xenoblade 3.

I have been worried since Trailer 1 when i saw these dark shilloutes xD

Like at this point I am pretty sure Melia and Nia are brainwashed which

Pls no. I don't want Kaga even outside FE.

9 minutes ago, lightcosmo said:

I'm gonna have to judge myself just how true this actually is. XD I have my doubts honestly though.

I mean visually they are literally the Testaments, just uniform in color and not color coded.

8 minutes ago, Shrimpy said:

have been worried since Trailer 1 when i saw these dark shilloutes xD

After the preview clips, I'm actually not too worried about that part haha. Like every Hero shown off has been shown trying to take down the party so I think everyone just has orders to hunt down Ouroborus regardless. Red eye influence is probably something specific.

13 minutes ago, Shrimpy said:

Pls no. I don't want Kaga even outside FE.

It uh..... wouldn't be the first time. Granted, it doesn't happen anywhere near as often in Xeno (and thinking about it, Xeno generally opts for possession instead) and whenever it does happen, it's usually accompanied by something interesting as opposed to just a character being Jedi mind tricked.

Honestly brainwashing isn't even that bad of a trope on paper, the problem with Kaga is that you know he does it cause he gets aroused by it.

4 minutes ago, lightcosmo said:

I don't think they could write it this poorly, though. XD 

I think it's more of the principle which, you know, fair. In the end, I think we can all agree we'd be more willing to accept a trope we don't like if done well. 

6 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

My foot!😫 I can barely step without pain. Please don't rupture like William the Conqueror's corpse at his funeral! I was told that this might be owed to my lethargic lifestyle, and my legs have never had good circulation. This reminds me of "gout", that millennia-old ailment associated with the wealthy elite who could afford to eat to excess and avoid physical labor. How anyone looked upon this affliction as a good problem to have is subjectively beyond me right now. This is my punishment for years of failing to exercise, and I accept it! I am wholly to blame for my own present misfortune, I deserve it. Idiot! May this "shove" fix my terrible habits, though I think myself such a fool that I might not. 

The thin silver lining is my panic over my inclinations being outlawed in the near future has receded. Immediate significant physical discomfort diminishes the terrible worries of the future. It reminds me how fragile, how easily addled the mortal human body is, though it hasn't yet triggered a death-obsessed depression yet. And I acknowledge it could be worse, an antibiotic ought to clear it up, unlike many other diseases that plague humanity. This isn't as bad as the time I slipped on a little water and severely bruised my right upper arm either.

Did you twist the ankle? I don't know the specifics obviously, but getting moving on it is a thing that'll help for sure, as I remember from an injury I had. I don't think they saw gout as a good problem to have either, though I'm not someone who's well studied on the internal dialogue of noble courts. As to fixing bad habits, you're going to have to be your advocate for that, as I can attest from my (temporary) successes in that front. Need to get back on board with that myself.

And the "fun" of the immediate present always taking precedence, especially when the present issue doesn't get resolved before another one comes crashing through the window. That's always fun /s

1 hour ago, twilitfalchion said:

FWs3EVhUIAE-wEK?format=jpg&name=large

I bring you crab claw great sword

that is all

Someone has slain the Giant Enemy Crab I see.

16 minutes ago, Armagon said:

I mean visually they are literally the Testaments, just uniform in color and not color coded.

Oh, i misinterpreted that then! 

16 minutes ago, Armagon said:

I think it's more of the principle which, you know, fair. In the end, I think we can all agree we'd be more willing to accept a trope we don't like if done well.

Well, i would certainly hope so!

At the very least, we have one good confirmed villain.

g9i6ctaewe791.jpg

Any timeline where he ends up being a bad villain is hypothetical, it does not exist.

Man, beating Majora's Mask recently is making me want to go play more Zelda. I just don't know which one lmao, there's so many I need to refresh my opinions on.

Not Breath of the Wild tho, I've already told myself that I won't be replaying that one until Botw 2 gets a confirmed release date.

11 hours ago, Newtype06 said:

She looks fatter compared to the first one

https://i.redd.it/901ra4vcmy171.jpg

That much is true. She looks chubbier, which is weird for (what I'm guessing is) a warrior woman who spends a lot of time performing physically taxing activities and not as much time stuffing her mouth.

Still, it definitely is more fitting that she doesn't waste time throwing various gunks on her face. If they want to go for a grittier, more authentic aesthetic, I'd definitely pick the right design over the left. Maybe just flatten her cheeks a bit.

10 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

???

What exactly are you playing? The only thing that has come in this topic that comes to mind for the above lines is Steins;Gate.

...Wait, what? Steins;Gate? I don't get it, how'd you start thinking about Steins;Gate from those lines? He said it stopped being the gay route. That doesn't line up, Okarin was always very consistent in his obvious confusion.

9 hours ago, Armagon said:

I personally don't mind the Musou aspect, i just feel that Three Hopes is a game that didn't need to exist. Or rather, one that didn't need to happen while FE17, whether remake or new, is nowhere to be found.

Not gonna lie, the more I hear about it, the more I feel this. They didn't go hard enough on expanding the universe. I do appreciate that they gave a number of mentioned characters faces, but the students seem to just be the exact same characters going through the exact same arcs. And the game mainly focuses on them once again. It feels like a bit of a waste of potential... Which is, really, par for the course for Koei.

That being said, if the gameplay really is as fun and deceptively deep as people say, I probably won't mind. I don't care much for Fodlan fanfiction, one way or the other. Gameplay's always been the draw of Fire Emblem for me personally. I just need that damned monocle man to be added in an update...!

9 hours ago, Armagon said:

Never forget

cbc.jpg

As if the outfit is any less ridiculous either way

8 hours ago, Newtype06 said:

I reserve my right to not disclose what I'm playing right now, not even to my fellow teehee-ers.

8 hours ago, Newtype06 said:

👀

What, you don't want me to start ranting about how dumb Okarin is again?

3 hours ago, Shrimpy said:

An updated Thracia hack 👀

Eh, it just looks like a reskin. I've never had any interest in reskins.

6 hours ago, Sooks said:

Well, that’s the Scarlet Blaze route in Three Hopes. The ending is… rushed, actually, and kind of anticlimactic. This game’s handling of the war stuff in general is superior to Three Houses’ imo, and that’s what most of the game focuses on. But then, right near the end, the writers remembered that they had all these plot points and mysteries set up about our protagonist, Arval, the slitherers, and arguably Sothis. So, if you recruited a bonus character, and only if you recruited said bonus character for the thinnest of plot excuses, you get a spontaneous two chapter interlude focusing on said mysteries/lore… 

Hide contents

where you barely learn anything, especially about Shez, and then the game yeets Arval out of the plot and proceeds as normal. Then the slitherers act completely out of character and launch a super reckless attack on the place where the church’s main force is at, despite the fact that they would then be surrounded by enemies on all sides in said location, so Edelgard and company can take out them and the church in one battle. And the Empire is still at war with the kingdom, btw. And they all lived happily ever after, I guess. Every plot point surrounding Sothis is pretty much completely dropped as well. (I mean there were only like two, but there was quite a bit of hinting for… nothing)

Maybe some of this is resolved in other routes, but as it stands, Scarlet Blaze feels like an incomplete story on its own. Which sucks, because it was pretty good for most of it, but then they just dropped the ball at the end. RIP.

Also remember how I complained about there being a million side missions? Well the credits show the results of all missions (who was MVP and what rank you got) like a normal FE shows all your turn counts at the end, except they included all story battles AND all side missions and paralogues, so the credits take five years.

Yep, that lines up with everything I've heard about this game from all sources.

1 hour ago, Armagon said:

Without the best character? Unlikely.

44 minutes ago, Shrimpy said:

Pls no. I don't want Kaga even outside FE

You can run. You can hide. But you can never escape. Kaga will chain you up and hypnotize you.

24 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Honestly brainwashing isn't even that bad of a trope on paper, the problem with Kaga is that you know he does it cause he gets aroused by it.

Kaga is a silly, silly man.

It's either Wind Waker or A Link Between Worlds right now. The former I've only played once and my memory's really hazy on it tbh. The latter was a necessary sacrifice in order to get that day one Switch.

Honestly, my memory is hazy on the entire series so maybe I could do one Zelda game a month. Tho with Xenoblade 3 season coming up, it'll be like "Zelda this month and then uhhh another Zelda in like September when I'd be likely to be done done with the game".

Edited by Armagon

10 minutes ago, Armagon said:

It's either Wind Waker or A Link Between Worlds right now. The former I've only played once and my memory's really hazy on it tbh. The latter was a necessary sacrifice in order to get that day one Switch.

Honestly, my memory is hazy on the entire series so maybe I could do one Zelda game a month. Tho with Xenoblade 3 season coming up, it'll be like "Zelda this month and then uhhh another Zelda in like September when I'd be likely to be done done with the game".

Play the first legend of Zelda's 2nd quest! XD

They released an article about the characters in Mario and Rabbids: Sparks of Hope.

https://www.ubisoft.com/en-gb/game/mario-rabbids/sparks-of-hope/news-updates/54KqtyUg25UlrGQ20LC0ga/mario-rabbids-sparks-of-hope-a-deep-dive-into-combat-and-hero-archetypes

It goes into detail about the capabilities of the characters and their partner sparks. They also gave all the sparks their own names, which is just wonderful.

Rabbid Mario's spark is a disco ball. Rabbid Peach has a real Instagram account. Mario is Max Payne. Luigi is an archer. Stop, Ubisoft Milan, nobody told you to make the best game in existence! They made Mario cool! Mario!

Also, Edge is partnered with a vampirism spark. That's just... I can't. I just can't. They totally have every intention to make her the hilariously terrible MC of a 13 year old's fanfic, and I'm all for it.

Hype.

Jesus Mario will have the ability to shoot in the air! He really is going to be frigging Max Payne! That's amazing. They're making me look forward to Mario, of all people. I can hardly believe it!

Oh and Loogi is going to have an ability called Steely Stare. Thanks.

Edited by Saint Rubenio

31 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Man, beating Majora's Mask recently is making me want to go play more Zelda. I just don't know which one lmao, there's so many I need to refresh my opinions on.

Hmm, not sure what 3D titles you've played, but looking at your backloggd I see neither Twilight Princess or Skyward Sword. Maybe TP?

7 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Also, Edge is partnered with a vampirism spark. That's just... I can't. I just can't. They totally have every intention to make her the hilariously terrible MC of a 13 year old's fanfic, and I'm all for it.

Enemies after taking a hit from this spark:

160063d9ac0f99eb457604837311.jpg

Just now, Awoken Dayni said:

Enemies after taking a hit from this spark:

160063d9ac0f99eb457604837311.jpg

That's literally true for this game lol. Edge gives owies to enemies with her massive greatsword, because fuck it. How is Nintendo okay with this in the age of ultra safe, soulless Mario spin-offs? I mean, I love it, I'm glad they're okay with it, this is the best Mario spin-off series, but... They fucking turned Mario into Max Payne! They gave Mario Payne two glocks for the price of one! Mario Payne straight up one-upped Shadow! That's incredible, incredible I tell ya!

12 minutes ago, Awoken Dayni said:

Hmm, not sure what 3D titles you've played, but looking at your backloggd I see neither Twilight Princess or Skyward Sword. Maybe TP?

I played those a very long time ago so I opted to just not log them. Same for the Mega Man Zero series, albeit more recent in my life, I remember like basically nothing.

I'm actually thinking of delogging most of the Zelda games there and simply logging them back once I play them again.

11 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

My foot!😫 I can barely step without pain. Please don't rupture like William the Conqueror's corpse at his funeral! I was told that this might be owed to my lethargic lifestyle, and my legs have never had good circulation. This reminds me of "gout", that millennia-old ailment associated with the wealthy elite who could afford to eat to excess and avoid physical labor. How anyone looked upon this affliction as a good problem to have is subjectively beyond me right now. This is my punishment for years of failing to exercise, and I accept it! I am wholly to blame for my own present misfortune, I deserve it. Idiot! May this "shove" fix my terrible habits, though I think myself such a fool that I might not. 

The thin silver lining is my panic over my inclinations being outlawed in the near future has receded. Immediate significant physical discomfort diminishes the terrible worries of the future. It reminds me how fragile, how easily addled the mortal human body is, though it hasn't yet triggered a death-obsessed depression yet. And I acknowledge it could be worse, an antibiotic ought to clear it up, unlike many other diseases that plague humanity. This isn't as bad as the time I slipped on a little water and severely bruised my right upper arm either.

I forgot about it when I replied earlier, but I hope you get better soon.

4 hours ago, Shrimpy said:

I didn't want to say it, but yes lol.

There's a reason why i call Loptyr "beta Anankos"

2 hours ago, Armagon said:

And Kaga did it again with TearRing Saga. Interesting conflict between the kingdom and empire where neither side is presented as truly bad (the empire is presented as antagonistic but not in the same way as more FE empires imo)? Nah, forget about that, cult time babyyyyyyyy.

Go back to your Jedahs and Nergals

1 hour ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Still, it definitely is more fitting that she doesn't waste time throwing various gunks on her face. If they want to go for a grittier, more authentic aesthetic, I'd definitely pick the right design over the left. Maybe just flatten her cheeks a bit.

I'll give you an even better idea: make it prettier. If I want to see ugly people, I go out on the street.

What, you don't want me to start ranting about how dumb Okarin is again?

I'm all ears

You can run. You can hide. But you can never escape. Kaga will chain you up and hypnotize you.

Amen