Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

Trails CS must have had a low budget lmao. They dont even completely create an animation in one sitting, they just piece and reuse animations everywhere. No wonder its low quality! Xd

• Replies 175.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Shrimpy -Limited Edition-

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

-allc9x.jpg?width=768&height=432

Ayy that's pretty based.

1 hour ago, lightcosmo said:

Trails CS must have had a low budget lmao. They dont even completely create an animation in one sitting, they just piece and reuse animations everywhere. No wonder its low quality! Xd

Falcom's always had a low budget, they just got away with it when it was sprites.

Also nah, this is how i know you're specifically going out of your way to shit on Cold Steel because Neptunia reuses animations and assists significantly more but i don't hear you say anything about that.

On 7/6/2022 at 9:35 PM, Acacia Sgt said:

*le gasp* So was Rean his idea all along!?

Noah from XC3 bears an uncanny resemblance to Rean, so possibly.

On 7/7/2022 at 2:07 AM, Saint Rubenio said:

A Trails fan that doesn't despise Counter Strike and Ron's guts? Unbelievable!

There are dozens of us. And I'm surprised you actually read my post, or at least enough of it to reach that conclusion.

On 7/7/2022 at 2:07 AM, Saint Rubenio said:

Who even is Graham

Some guy who looks like an onion I think. That's another Trails joke, if you were wondering.

15 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Falcom's always had a low budget, they just got away with it when it was sprites.

Also nah, this is how i know you're specifically going out of your way to shit on Cold Steel because Neptunia reuses animations and assists significantly more but i don't hear you say anything about that.

Neptunia and Trails aren't particularly big series, so unlike some other video game franchises, I can forgive them for not have amazing animations.

Edited by Lightchao42

Oh yeah, that wall merge mechanic is very good.

35 minutes ago, Lightchao42 said:

Neptunia and Trails aren't particularly big series, so unlike some other video game franchises, I can forgive them for not have amazing animations.

Yeah this wasn't a diss at either, i'm just saying. Atelier also reuses assets a lot and it's understandable why.

That being said, Neptunia's case is a bit egregious when you consider the dungeons literally got copypasted across half the series.

1 hour ago, Armagon said:

Wdym? Their skill animations are custom? Have you seen CS' scripts? Probably not but feel free to correct me, as i've taken a look I can say with 100% certainty that they reuse a hell of a lot more than they should have. 

Way more than Nep does, for sure.

Okay, Skyrim progress for today was Malacath's quest, as well as Avanchznel. Good thing for single-run dungeons...

Also, kept forgetting to mention this but... hahahaha, it's so darkly funny the whole "Kill Grelod" thing. Certainly giving a good example to the kids!

Edited by Acacia Sgt

8 hours ago, lightcosmo said:

Wdym? Their skill animations are custom? Have you seen CS' scripts? Probably not but feel free to correct me, as i've taken a look I can say with 100% certainty that they reuse a hell of a lot more than they should have. 

Way more than Nep does, for sure.

The animations for Neptunia are fine, I'm talking about everything else. 

8 hours ago, lightcosmo said:

Oh and they lack transition for anims. Why?

Have you considered that Falcom's budget for 3D games is really not that great?

5 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Have you considered that Falcom's budget for 3D games is really not that great?

See, i could agree with that except one problem, in the case of CS III/IV, III already laid the groundwork for the 3D anims, and IV had 0 excuses NOT to clean them up and look better, as most of their assets are the same as III's, they didn't have to think up most anything unique in the first place.

And having characters warp back into idle position rather than moving back into it looks really jarring and sloppy.

i could point out PS2 games that have better anims than that, and the system capabilities are much worse there (I.E FFX and KH for starters)

9 hours ago, Lightchao42 said:

There are dozens of us. And I'm surprised you actually read my post, or at least enough of it to reach that conclusion.

Pffahahah... Oh, come now. Trails and Xenoblade wage war for the title of "most perfect complete opposite of everything I personally enjoy in a story and a videogame." That doesn't mean the mere mention of either inflicts a mental breakdown upon me. I'm capable of reading through Trails-related posts! I only cried for 10 minutes afterwards, too, I'm a big boy!

9 hours ago, Lightchao42 said:

Some guy who looks like an onion I think. That's another Trails joke, if you were wondering.

Does someone throw an onion at Joshua's head? I'd like that.

8 hours ago, Shrimpy said:

Ü

Hopefully it won't end like last one

Why is Tellius winning? The real potential for fun is to have Jeralt meet Garon. From one dad to another.

20 minutes ago, Shrimpy said:

Ya know

GW is really just conquest

Replace Valla with Almyra, Claude with Corrin and the Kingdom with Hoshido and it's conquest

just as badly written, too

👀👀👀👀👀

Ruben route

Ruben route

I think that's the most hype thing I've read about the game so far.

C'mon Koei, hurry up and add playable Judith as DLC like I KNOW you will so I can get this game.

1 minute ago, Saint Rubenio said:

From one dad to another.

Lmao if Fates wins and we go to Nohr this will be a chapter name for sure lol

(I honestly think Fates would be more fun myself, but it won't be a CYOA anymore if i decide everything xD)

2 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Ruben route

No Garon tho

Just now, Shrimpy said:

Lmao if Fates wins and we go to Nohr this will be a chapter name for sure lol

(I honestly think Fates would be more fun myself, but it won't be a CYOA anymore if i decide everything xD)

If Tellius ends up winning I will find a way to put Garon there.

Just now, Shrimpy said:

No Garon tho

Well, we can't all be as cool as Fateslandia.

16 minutes ago, lightcosmo said:

, i could agree with that except one problem, in the case of CS III/IV, III already laid the groundwork for the 3D anims, and IV had 0 excuses NOT to clean them up and look better, as most of their assets are the same as III's, they didn't have to think up most anything unique in the first place.

I mean the games were made a year apart.

My guy, this is not the own you think it is, a lot of games use and reuse assets. Atelier has been doing this for years.

Just because you don't like CS doesn't mean you have to keep digging for new reasons to dislike it.

17 minutes ago, lightcosmo said:

could point out PS2 games that have better anims than that, and the system capabilities are much worse there (I.E FFX and KH for starters)

Famously low budget games Kingdom Hearts and Final Fantasy.

24 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Pffahahah... Oh, come now. Trails and Xenoblade wage war for the title of "most perfect complete opposite of everything I personally enjoy in a story and a videogame."

Semi-related but I think it's kinda funny that Xenoblade 3 discriminates against you specifically because the premise of the world is that everyone has a lifespan of 10 years (they are "born" at 10 years old and die at 20) which means old people are literally incapable of existing....or rather they should be but one of the mysteries is how Vandham got to be old.

4 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Just because you don't like CS doesn't mean you have to keep digging for new reasons to dislike it.

Famously low budget games Kingdom Hearts and Final Fantasy.

I'm not digging for anything, if i were, i wouldn't have said the game's core was fine if it was tweaked alot, and how many times have you chosen to acknowledge that fact?

Y,see, i've given credit where it's due, their script involving Rean's beast mode are well put together, i would be a fool to deny the effort that prob went into that. 

Also, don't you do the same with FF and KH yourself?

Games that are over 10 years older than said game, QoL shouldn't be close when it comes to graphics/anims.

You know, replaying it, I think I may've been too harsh on chapter 9 the first time around. The premise is kinda dumb, but the map itself isn't bad. A bit too straightforward, perhaps, but it's decently enjoyable, and if you handle your deployment well enough, it goes by in a flash - turn 9 and already I'm on the clean-up phase. Yeah, this isn't a bad map at all, I just handled it wrong the first time. I also constantly forget it's chapter 9 instead of chapter 11, that's very annoying.

So yeah, two and a half bad maps? Strike that. It's one and a half bad maps, according to me anyway.

20 minutes ago, lightcosmo said:

This guy never ends up being any use. XD

9872af512d9fe90a6639ddd1903010a6.png

14 Def at level 11 is plain not good, along with 10 str! XD

I always found Kevin to be a pretty cleverly balanced unit. He's a knight with knightly issues, but on the other hand, he has the single greatest availability out of any unit in the game, which gives him plenty of time to do things. Far from the worst unit in the game.

Also he's funny. Literally just Treck on Oswin's body. I love it.

7 minutes ago, BrightBow said:

Just 19 more days. Doesn't sound like a lot, but that's 912 Berwick turns.

Jesus Christ. That's like, 38 of Volcens's Arbitrary Time Limits.

1 minute ago, Armagon said:

Semi-related but I think it's kinda funny that Xenoblade 3 discriminates against you specifically because the premise of the world is that everyone has a lifespan of 10 years (they are "born" at 10 years old and die at 20) which means old people are literally incapable of existing....or rather they should be but one of the mysteries is how Vandham got to be old.

Vandham is too cool to be held back by Xenoblade's badness.

1 minute ago, Saint Rubenio said:

I always found Kevin to be a pretty cleverly balanced unit. He's a knight with knightly issues, but on the other hand, he has the single greatest availability out of any unit in the game, which gives him plenty of time to do things. Far from the worst unit in the game.

Also he's funny. Literally just Treck on Oswin's body. I love it.

He can't hit anything to get any EXP though. And when he does, he does about 10 damage and that's all, not even enough to chip for kills for the most part.

*Most of the portraits in TLP*