• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Shrimpy -Limited Edition-

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

1 hour ago, Armagon said:

We.....we were talking about the technical aspects. Not game balance. 

My point was, doing their job the "proper" way seems to be far and few between. 

Like, alot of Shit isnt THAT difficult, and im not even an expert! Comimg from someone who CAN do some of the things they can, its irritating to see lack of quality was my point there. And it extends to more than just that, the way i see things.

3 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

I have nothing substantial to add to this, since my only experience with Kingdom Hearts's plot is compilations akin to this, but... judging from that, it certainly seems like the development process went something like what you say.

- "Who are you?"
- "I'm what's left. Or . . . Maybe I'm all there ever was."
- "I meant your name."

OK, but that's art.

22929ee821f7ce56f1a7ad2390c93a8c07827222.jpg

Marionimorphs (Source)

14 hours ago, Armagon said:

Yeah this wasn't a diss at either, i'm just saying. Atelier also reuses assets a lot and it's understandable why.

I know, I wanted to mention my own opinion on the topic. I think the modern Trails games look good graphically so Falcom must be doing something right.

5 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Pffahahah... Oh, come now. Trails and Xenoblade wage war for the title of "most perfect complete opposite of everything I personally enjoy in a story and a videogame." That doesn't mean the mere mention of either inflicts a mental breakdown upon me. I'm capable of reading through Trails-related posts! I only cried for 10 minutes afterwards, too, I'm a big boy!

Sure but you still had to go out of your way to open the spoiler tag and read what I wrote. That means you should have some interest. Maybe you were hoping I would mention Garon the construction worker?

Does that mean Neptunia has more things that align with your taste than Xenoblade and Trails do?

5 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Does someone throw an onion at Joshua's head? I'd like that.

No but plenty of other bad things happen to him.

2 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Kingdom Hearts probably is a wonderful, wonderful comedy, though. I have no doubts about that, I'm willing to bet I'd get a ton of laughs out of these games.

That's because KH takes itself completely seriously most of the time, and because Nomura probably thinks he's more clever than he actually is. KH has some intentional comedy though, believe it or not.

1 hour ago, Acacia Sgt said:

True. III already doing precedent of wanting to use mostly new worlds being an indication. Though personally, I felt it should've been held off. III does a few things I feel should've just in general being held off for the start of a new saga, not the end of the first one. Then again, I suppose it would've felt a bit repetitive if most worlds were like Olympus in a sense. Then again, it's already implied Olympus will keep appearing anyway.

That said, with the possibility of worlds with afterlives having a role in IV... give me Coco!!!!!!

I can't wait for KHIV to have Sora casually mention Bruno in the Encanto world, then everyone suddenly starts singing about why they don't talk about him.

Edited by Lightchao42

8 minutes ago, Lightchao42 said:

I think the modern Trails games look good graphically so Falcom must be doing something right.

There is so much QoL CS IV and Reverie are missing though. Why dont their portraits chance with what outfit your wearing? (I.E. Rean with his CS III look in IV and Reverie and Azure Sieg in IV, which already has assets here that the player only uses at one portion of the game.) 

1 minute ago, Shrimpy said:

NGL i am surprised no one voted for Jugdral yet

I guess it's because it's too samey with Fodlan. Okay, no equivalent to the Seiros Church (or rather, the Edda Church isn't like the Seiros Church), but we have Slitherers/Loptrian and Crests/HolyBlood. So perhaps people feel it might not be different enough, unlike with Tellius and Fates.

Also, some personal grievances/desires might exist for people to choose as it is, and Jugdral doesn't have as much unlike the other two.

11 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

I guess it's because it's too samey with Fodlan. Okay, no equivalent to the Seiros Church (or rather, the Edda Church isn't like the Seiros Church), but we have Slitherers/Loptrian and Crests/HolyBlood. So perhaps people feel it might not be different enough, unlike with Tellius and Fates.

Hmm, i see. I thought the similiaritis would actually lead people to choose Jugdral, ngl.

4 hours ago, BrightBow said:

Seriously, it takes some serious cojones to throw this into the world for all to see.

2 hours ago, ping said:

OK, but that's art.

By some definition, yes.

2 hours ago, Lightchao42 said:

22929ee821f7ce56f1a7ad2390c93a8c07827222.jpg

Marionimorphs (Source)

Cursed curses.

Sure but you still had to go out of your way to open the spoiler tag and read what I wrote. That means you should have some interest.

Well, I mean--

Maybe you were hoping I would mention Garon the construction worker?

Yes. You got me. I was hoping for the reveal that Garon the Construction Worker is the secret mastermind behind the entire series.

Does that mean Neptunia has more things that align with your taste than Xenoblade and Trails do?

No, it just means I'm decently familir with Xeno and Trails, enough to hold a general opinion on them, whereas Neptunia exists as a nebulous concept of which I know the name and little else. It sits in the far reaches of the mind alongside stuff like Call of Duty.

No but plenty of other bad things happen to him.

Good. Very good.

That's because KH takes itself completely seriously most of the time, and because Nomura probably thinks he's more clever than he actually is. KH has some intentional comedy though, believe it or not.

Oh God he actually means it?!

Ohh, no...

37 minutes ago, Shrimpy said:

NGL i am surprised no one voted for Jugdral yet

Imagine Jeralt trying to recruit Xavier.

Edited by Saint Rubenio

So me and my brother were making coffee (we have one of those fancy, expensive kinds) also note that i detest coffee, so trying all these different kinds and burning my tounge a bit lmao, I realised that i wont ever appreciate the taste. Oh well, at least I tried!

5 minutes ago, lightcosmo said:

So me and my brother were making coffee (we have one of those fancy, expensive kinds) also note that i detest coffee, so trying all these different kinds and burning my tounge a bit lmao, I realised that i wont ever appreciate the taste. Oh well, at least I tried!

Good man Lightcosmo, don't buy into the coffee hype!

Edited by WraithReborn

Both of my VS2 runs have had a massive juggernaut who just decided to cap everything, including movement. First Karajan, now Bennette. Love to see it. Karajan was one point away from his move cap, unfortunately, but Bennette has managed it. Second-best girl (after Bertoullia) confirmed!

Also, I just discovered a good Bennette breaks chapter 12. Nice.

9 minutes ago, lightcosmo said:

I've never been able to get into coffee myself. I can stomach coffee with milk, mostly for bar etiquette. Pure coffee though, that's terrible.

I got burnt driving the car down.

it's hilarious how obvious it was where the arms were shaded and where they weren't.

2 minutes ago, twilitfalchion said:

coffee is the nectar of gods!

Counterpoint

Personally not a fan of coffee at all. It's why I'm not fond of tiramisu, relieved it's not in banoffee and don't drink lattes despite probably being a basic bitch.

2 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Man I wish Acheron was playable in Three Hopes.

I wish he were playable in 3H in VW.

Even if my idea for an altered 3H would see him die, having a ready made mage would be nice

4 minutes ago, Awoken Dayni said:

I wish he were playable in 3H in VW.

Even if my idea for an altered 3H would see him die, having a ready made mage would be nice

4 minutes ago, Shrimpy said:

He betrays you in VW tho?

Yeah, he'd make more sense in Crimson Flower, I'd say. There he just... doesn't backstab the Alliance 'cause. It'd certainly be more consistent if he joined. He'd be a wonderful joke unit, but Fodlan doesn't seem too fond of such things, for the most part. Or... y'know, characters that would actually make sense, like Randolph and Ladislava and Judith and...