Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

2 hours ago, Armagon said:

I wonder why it is I think Lanz will be your favorite character in the game.

I'm liking that it's different too.

Rasche in the above two vid I post was being a bro who is acting plain old crazy nudist (which I found quite funny). Which itself is different from a jolly gay guy (who I could feasibly see as a bro) waking up in the morning and making breakfast at the stove wearing just an apron singing a tune and swaying his ass as he flips the pancakes.

It could just be traditional Japanese onsen culture at play in XC3 (and possibly Finnish/Scandinavian as well, given their traditions of hot springs) for the difference with Lanz here. However, it could be something more. Factoring in the unimportant parts of the conversation I left out, and what you've said in general, I get the impression that being living tools of war, that the XC3 cast is removed from societal norms to a degree. There are certain things that define "innocence", and some but not all of them are a lack of understanding of the norms of society.

Thusly, Lanz (and the others) is possibly/arguably innocent. Which one would not expect of a matured male with a hulking physique, it's a trait that in fiction you would more commonly associate with children, up to maybe age 16 in JRPGs/animanga given Sagi and Rex. Purity in one whom it is not expected, one with strength and masculinity. Given Lanz is clearly physically and mentally a rational adult able to give consent, that possible purity is an attractive prospect.😊 Like he's a giant teddy bear and you're waiting for him to snuggle you.😘

1 hour ago, Newtype06 said:

Because I wanted to share the news that not even Rune Factory was safe from the degeneration of the Internet Dwellers...

That was me making a slight "gay guy can't understand why someone would want to look at a nekkid gal" joke.😛

57 minutes ago, lightcosmo said:

Y'know... I don't get why this bothers people. 

Honestly curious.

Gameplay options primarily. In 3H, with DLC for War Cleric, females can't be good with Gauntlets, because they don't get Brawler, Grappler, or War Master. It's is quite annoying that an entire (new) weapon type is inaccessible to women. As said above too, lance-using men can't be great fliers either since Peg and Falco are female-only. Hubert can't go Gremory either, the only class with Dark Magic Uses x2, b/c female only.

Gender-locked classes deny characters in reclass-having games their full set of options. And not with any real in-universe logic (Pegasi don't like men because... it just is!), nor any sense intended of gameplay balancing through what is locked to each gender.

You could also say aesthetics, but it's more of a distant second for FE. It's more of a reason in MMOs and life sims, where some Final Fantasy XIV fans love their Male Vieras and men dressed as sexy as 2B and wouldn't want a world where they couldn't dress like that.

Edited by Interdimensional Observer

• Replies 175.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Shrimpy -Limited Edition-

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

3 hours ago, Awoken Dayni said:

Reveal hidden contents

RIP Ode Iou.

I didn't even go into the point of Mad Dog symbolically being so determined to get Sundown to the degree he'd ride a horse that's the personification of violence just to get a bounty. Which if that doesn't fit him to a tee what would? I generally understand your reasoning though.

Won’t it make more sense to have Jules de Grandin and Samual Trowbridge instead of Holmes and Watson?

donato-giancola-julesdegrandin-book1-don

10 minutes ago, Sooks said:

The problem is mostly that I’m not in a heavy video games mood right now, and the problem is that when I am and I try to start a new, cool game to get back into it, I end up being very… non commital with them and it doesn’t last long. Remember Rogue Legacy 2?

Oh, well. That's fair.

6 minutes ago, Awoken Dayni said:
  Hide contents

Armstrong's a generic enemy in this game.

Oersted confirmed to be the strongest character in gaming #Godalive #OerstedtopsSoopourman

Spoiler

Makin' the mother of all omelettes here Streibough

Can't fret over every egg

Hide contents
  Hide contents
  Hide contents
  Hide contents
  Hide contents
  Hide contents
  Hide contents
  Hide contents
  Hide contents
  Hide contents
  Hide contents
  Hide contents
  Hide contents
  Hide contents
  Hide contents
  Hide contents
  Hide contents
  Hide contents
  Hide contents
  Hide contents

I should try at least. Take a step in the right direction.

Despite it all there's a feeling still. A feeling that I can still trust again.

It could have been all the above.

Perhaps an overly trusting attitude.

Mayheps it was to avoid acknowledging the fact that I let myself follow this course.

Maybe I hopes I would not be made the fool, but that had definitely not been true before now.

Then why let it be so taken to heart?

I had let myself open to such foolishness. Become vulnerable to it.

No, for I had left my guard unattended at some point.

If I am more than merely acting the fool is it being taken advantage of?

Only to end up being deceived and tricked so simply.

If I came to this thread seeking merriment and a succor to a world uncaring.

All this to make me wonder if I had been betrayed.

A pun so cliche that by acknowledging that it is this sentence becomes cliche?

A piece that left mere bafflement as to why it was used?

And for what? A wild goose chase that took you more time to prepare than for I to open?

I come to the thread expressing frustration.

As if levity was the answer I seeked in the moment.

What makes it so certain I was opening up spoilers looking for puns?

Okay that's actually a banger though.

Nothing serious, but it certainly explains PoR.

Haha, well, yes.

2 minutes ago, BrightBow said:

Man, I love how the enemy phase theme changes after the petards manage to destroy the walls and the actual offense starts. It's so good.

Petards lol. Lagniel employs prankster children as his heavy artillery?

Just now, WraithReborn said:

Won’t it make more sense to have Jules de Grandin and Samual Trowbridge instead of Holmes and Watson?

Maybe.

Which is the one more people recognise is a part of the equation sadly. I had to look up this character and I see what you mean though even for a brief moment.

1 minute ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Okay that's actually a banger though.

Smash Mouth: still memin' in 2022.

1 minute ago, Saint Rubenio said:
  Reveal hidden contents

Makin' the mother of all omelettes here Streibough

Can't fret over every egg

Spoiler

Hasshe against the Lord of Dark: Why won't you die?

3 minutes ago, Awoken Dayni said:

Maybe.

Which is the one more people recognise is a part of the equation sadly. I had to look up this character and I see what you mean though even for a brief moment.

Reveal hidden contents

It would make more sense because the Jules De Grandin stories where published in the same magazine Weird Tales as many of H.P. Lovecraft’s more famous stories.

17 minutes ago, WraithReborn said:

donato-giancola-julesdegrandin-book1-don

Okay that looks SUPER cool.

4 minutes ago, Awoken Dayni said:

Hide contents

Spoiler

Plague, son. It kills in response to a climatic moment. You can't survive this story, Hasshe!

Just now, Saint Rubenio said:

Okay that looks SUPER cool.

Think Sherlock Holmes and Dr. Watson expect Holmes is French and they fight supernatural horrors instead of mundane crime.

14 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Petards lol. Lagniel employs prankster children as his heavy artillery?

"Prankster children"?
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Petard

A petard is a small bomb used for blowing up gates and walls when breaching fortifications. It is of French origin and dates back to the 16th century. A typical petard was a conical or rectangular metal device containing 5–6 pounds (2–3 kg) of gunpowder, with a slow match for a fuse.

5 minutes ago, WraithReborn said:

Think Sherlock Holmes and Dr. Watson expect Holmes is French and they fight supernatural horrors instead of mundane crime.

Not bad. Sounds like a fun read. I'll keep it in mind. I'll be needing new material at some point sooner than later.

Just now, BrightBow said:

"Prankster children"?
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Petard

Ah... see, in Spanish, "petardo" means "firecracker." I'd never seen "petard" used in English, so I was confused for a sec there. My apologies.

Edited by Saint Rubenio

A bit late (sorry was xenoblade'ing) but when it comes to gender lock + customization i think there should be something equivalent, like how Fates did it with Priestess (Female only, A Staves B Bows) and Priests (Male only, A Staves B lances), otherwise they learn the same skills and fulfill same roles.

Don't want Male Pegasi? Fine, but give us Male only Griffon Knights or something fulfilling same role.

Same when it comes to Warmaster, Gremory, etc

3 minutes ago, Shrimpy said:

Don't want Male Pegasi? Fine, but give us Male only Griffon Knights or something fulfilling same role.

How would you handle that when it comes to *dun dun duuuuun* sword lords? Lmao

So i just did a Zeon ascension quest

Kino

Well except the going around part, but kino.

However, if every hero has an ascension quest...

Boi

This game is meaty without being bloaty. How tf did they achieve this?

Not even Lanz can get something meatier than this lol.

11 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Hmm, not the most stellar reviews, but I'll keep it in mind. I enjoy a good mystery, and horror's fine by me too.

I’ve read the first 3 volumes of 5. If you want to read any of them just stick with the first volume. It has in my opinion the best collection of short stories of the lot.

16 minutes ago, Shrimpy said:

Not even Lanz can get something meatier than this lol.

Now there's a line.

9 minutes ago, WraithReborn said:

I’ve read the first 3 volumes of 5. If you want to read any of them just stick with the first volume. It has in my opinion the best collection of short stories of the lot.

Duly noted. Thanks, old man. I oughta start with a book my dad recommended to me when I get back in the mood for reading.

Spoiler

Oh shit all the Odios are in the room.

Also the Lord of Dark resists Holy. Huh.

Well, worse than that using the attack that's said to be what felled him proceeds to get Retribution, which can deal 400 damage on Hasshe. Hasshe!

That or you get super lucky and he only hits you twice in the multihit move.

All this to say the Lord of Dark fight is cool.

And then Hasshe spits out blood. Well that's a bad sign.

.....And he's dead, having kinda gone back on his misantropy.

Side note, the purple lights that guide you in the right direction? Nice touch.