• Replies 175.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Shrimpy -Limited Edition-

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

Hmmm. I might do a small gameplay mod this time. Dog was epic, but I couldn't take dog with me because he was a proper companion and I needed Sten, Morrigan and the one handsome elf guy what's-his-name. But I have here this mod that turns Dog into a fifth companion that works more like a summon of sorts, which I feel is perfect, since Dog sucked anyway.

Otherwise, just gonna grab all the fix mods and see if I can at least create a character tonight. You can look forward to the screenshots.

?imw=5000&imh=5000&ima=fit&impolicy=Letterbox&imcolor=%23000000&letterbox=false

Ahh, how will I ever top this character...?

5 minutes ago, Newtype06 said:

i don't get why this is a betrayal of my beliefs

Because see. You are the anime man. I make you say things that are more akin to the anime hate man, which is me.

You could argue this is childish, petty and pointless. But you can't. Because I am the only one here who has played Dragon Age still, so you're stuck with me. Isn't that great?

...Jokes aside though, I so hope for more heartless choices. I have very fond memories of the genocide, and the destruction of the sacred relic, and making the one handsome elf guy what's-his-name make love to the putrid raisin, and backstabbing Harrowmont for Bhelen at the last second for no reason, and murdering the one injured guy at the start for no reason, and Alistair for no reason... Here's to some more o' that here. If there is an awakening, I want it to be the awakening of evil.

...Seriously though what was the elf's name? I can't believe I forgot my husband's name... Am I truly that evil?

Decided to spend the day trying out on my PC a city simulator I had bought on sale- Surviving Mars. I'm unfamiliar with the genre, but I wanted to give it a try, and throws a slight realistic sci-fi element to it.

The tutorial made everything seem digestible enough, and I chose the easiest possible settings. And yet... you really have to learn via experience in this genre. I can tell I've made some mistakes. The big one being water, the game misled me into thinking a habitation Dome cost only 1 Water to maintain, it failed to mention that the Hydroponics Farm the colonists need for food, also requires 0.3-0.6 Water, depending on the crop. Since you can't build atmospheric moisture collectors and the initial cargo ship contained only one of those, which produces 1 Water, I had a shortage of 0.6. I had to send for another cargo ship with more prefabricated moisture collectors, since there were no natural Martian deposits nearby which I could extract from. By the time the second cargo ship had arrived, half of my initial colonists had died of dehydration.😅

Felt like a real setback, although "surviving" doesn't actually seem like a problem in the long run even so. Once another two ingame time periods pass, I can send for more colonists and try to get the ball rolling on research and rare metal extraction, which should start speeding things up. Next time I'll know better- find a water deposit ASAP, Metal is plentiful, Concrete deposits seems that way too, and generating electricity is a cinch. And keep in mind you depend on Earth imports for Machine Parts, Electronics, and Polymers, so don't overspend those.

Oh, never mind, that's right. I don't create a character, I import the previous one. That's how I maintain the destruction I wrought upon the world.

Aaghlaagh. I'd completely forgotten I named her that. I always just called her a variety of degrading insults.

I'm getting rather hyped for this now. I can ruin this land some more. That's going to be fun. Tomorrow it begins.

Edited by Saint Rubenio

18 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Surviving Mars

Oh hey, I got that shortly after release. Didn't replay it later, so my experience is pretty old and outdated, but I believe it was smooth sailing until it wasn't :lol: The disasters can really screw one over if they hit at an unopportune time.

...come to think of it, I don't think I remember which mystery I rolled. Do you already know what you got?

9 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Decided to spend the day trying out on my PC a city simulator I had bought on sale- Surviving Mars. I'm unfamiliar with the genre, but I wanted to give it a try, and throws a slight realistic sci-fi element to it.

The tutorial made everything seem digestible enough, and I chose the easiest possible settings. And yet... you really have to learn via experience in this genre. I can tell I've made some mistakes. The big one being water, the game misled me into thinking a habitation Dome cost only 1 Water to maintain, it failed to mention that the Hydroponics Farm the colonists need for food, also requires 0.3-0.6 Water, depending on the crop. Since you can't build atmospheric moisture collectors and the initial cargo ship contained only one of those, which produces 1 Water, I had a shortage of 0.6. I had to send for another cargo ship with more prefabricated moisture collectors, since there were no natural Martian deposits nearby which I could extract from. By the time the second cargo ship had arrived, half of my initial colonists had died of dehydration.😅

Felt like a real setback, although "surviving" doesn't actually seem like a problem in the long run even so. Once another two ingame time periods pass, I can send for more colonists and try to get the ball rolling on research and rare metal extraction, which should start speeding things up. Next time I'll know better- find a water deposit ASAP, Metal is plentiful, Concrete deposits seems that way too, and generating electricity is a cinch. And keep in mind you depend on Earth imports for Machine Parts, Electronics, and Polymers, so don't overspend those.

It's called Surviving Mars, not Thriving Mars for a reason I suppose.

I feel like I'd heard this was handled well enough.

1 hour ago, lightcosmo said:

Its the girl that murdered Derrick in my first playthrough!

Come on. Even the mighty Sylvis cannot overcome the highest defense base in the game.

Edited by BrightBow

1 hour ago, ping said:

Oh hey, I got that shortly after release. Didn't replay it later, so my experience is pretty old and outdated, but I believe it was smooth sailing until it wasn't :lol: The disasters can really screw one over if they hit at an unopportune time.

...come to think of it, I don't think I remember which mystery I rolled. Do you already know what you got?

On second thought I think I'm going to restart with a different map. It's a learning experience.😅

I also checked the Steam Community Hub for a little advice. Not everything that could help me in the earlygame, but some of it was useful. Such as not clustering all your power in a single area and instead spacing it between your domes, since apparently, longer cables and pipelines increases the likelihood of accidental breakage. Don't create one giant power grid, because then everything gets crippled if something goes wrong which means this game is Texan propaganda. Bigger domes are always better, though small ones can work for Geologists. Also- build a dome to house all people with the "Idiot" trait your colony has, and either kill them through intentional lack of necessities, or put them to work on farms, because leaving them to work in factories assures they'll temporarily put them out of commission eventually. Dedicated domes for children and seniors aren't a bad idea either.

1 minute ago, Shrimpy said:

"Booty is Booty."

Wise words

🙊

...I'll spare you a pic.😄

2 hours ago, Shrimpy said:

Man

Incursor Sena just destroys everything

She's the girl with the gall.

1 hour ago, lightcosmo said:

@Armagon is there a quick way which soul hacker abilites you have already upgraded? Rather than having to go to the hero menu and check there.

Not that I'm aware of. I think there's a filter tho.

1 hour ago, Shrimpy said:

So Monolith creating wind waker 2 eh?

Erythia Sea my new favorite aquatic themed area in the series.

Now we need Xenoblade X2 to provide underwater exploration. 3 already set the stage with water combat.

32 minutes ago, Shrimpy said:

Finally

Reveal hidden contents

A  Consul who isn't stupi...

For now

Spoiler

Triton a true man of the sea.

Genuinely hilarious that there's a good Mobius.