46rq6x6bjif91.jpg

5 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Erythia Sea

Speaking about that

Spoiler

That's Lefetheria mixed there with Eryth sea ain't it

5 minutes ago, Armagon said:
Spoiler

Genuinely hilarious that there's a good Mobius.

Spoiler

Was positively surprised when i activated his Hero quest. Didn't expect that ngl

Edited by Shrimpy

6 minutes ago, Shrimpy said:

That's Lefetheria mixed there with Eryth sea ain't it

It's literally in the name, yeah.

6 minutes ago, Shrimpy said:

Reveal hidden contents

Was positively surprised when i activated his Hero quest. Didn't expect that ngl

Spoiler

Man really became Mobius simply because he wanted to keep finding booty. 

1 minute ago, Benice said:

I am back! What did I miss?

Hello again Benice!

XGsv7hfn_o.jpg

Great item descriptions. 

Joking aside, lots of talk about Xenoblade and horny. There was little to no overlap.

21 minutes ago, Shrimpy said:

Soul Hacker defo seems fun

Just wish i didn't have to refight UMs xD

It's Zenobia all over again.

But at least you can fast travel to UM graves.

I refuse to believe a human being did this.

Gunvolt 3 strats be going crazy.

6 minutes ago, Benice said:

How on earth is the 100% over 330 hours long?

Ok so basically the gist is Magnus (cards) in this game become stronger or weaker as they age in real time.

To get all of the cards, you have to age them and it takes literally several hours.

@Interdimensional Observer can give more, I don't remember the exact specifics.

Edit: and I just realized that's a speedrun page. Truly speedrunning has no limits if several people have spedrun a card JRPG.

Edited by Armagon

38 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Ok so basically the gist is Magnus (cards) in this game become stronger or weaker as they age in real time.

To get all of the cards, you have to age them and it takes literally several hours.

Huh. Neat idea for sure, I'm just shocked that people bothered to speedrun a 300-hour category.

39 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Edit: and I just realized that's a speedrun page. Truly speedrunning has no limits if several people have spedrun a card JRPG.

Yeah, there are some interesting speedruns out there for sure.

You know at first I thought it'd be fun to make Felicia fight on the front lines but instead she just got hit by two attacks that were in the 10-17 range of hit chance back to back and was finished off by some random sky knight.

I'm not mad as much as I am bewildered.

1 minute ago, GuardianSing said:

You know at first I thought it'd be fun to make Felicia fight on the front lines but instead she just got hit by two attacks that were in the 10-17 range of hit chance back to back and was finished off by some random sky knight.

Fates RNG is literal trash. 

Okay, I will not let myself get bottlenecked by water again. That's what happens when you're a noob and try playing with anything except the Very Easy Sponsor option. The lack of automatic rocket refueling above Very Easy, combined with not bringing a prefab Fuel Refinery, combined with being a doofus and not bringing more than vapor collectors, and making your first dome a medium-sized one not realizing it costs 2 water... I'm not used to logistics.😆

Okay next try I'll pick Hydro Engineers to assure I'll start next to a water deposit, and bring a Fuel Refinery. Those two things ought to let me get humans surviving on the Martian soil in reasonable time, and keep rockets coming and going for additional supplies.

1 hour ago, Benice said:

s9cOR0s.png

@Armagon, sorry to ping you for this, but you played this game... How on earth is the 100% over 330 hours long?

1 hour ago, Armagon said:

@Interdimensional Observer can give more, I don't remember the exact specifics.

Screen-Shot-2022-08-06-at-10-34-03-PM.pn

I've been summoned.

The reason for that absurd "speedrun" record is entirely due to just one card's aging.:

Shampoo.png

Shampoo.

"Why" you ask? As with many Magnus that either age or can be used in a special combo to create new Magnus, there is a hint in the card's description.:

"Blended with moisturizer for dry, damaged hair. Try it for two weeks. Your hair won't be able to thank you enough. It'll be shiny and healthy."

There are actually two clues here. The first, which I've underlined, is 2/3rds of the combination (Shampoo + Moisturizer + Hair Dryer) for the Beautiful Hair card. Which is absolutely useless and does nothing at all except count as part of the Gathering, so if you're going for 100%, you'll need to make one. It ought to take just ten minutes once you have the proper Magnus, pretty quick to get.

The second clue is what I've bolded. What happens if you Baten Kaitos: Eternal Wings and the Lost Ocean for two weeks (24 hours * 14 days = 336 hours) after obtaining a Shampoo? Welllllllll...

.....🙂

.........😃

...........😊

.............😄

...............😅

..................😐

.....................🤔

.......................🤨

...........................😪

..............................😴

.................................☠️

.......................................🤬

.............................................😜

Splendid-Hair.png

"Two weeks of constant use has resulted in amazingly moist and lively hair. To reward your patience, all the game music will be turned on and made available for your listening pleasure."

Splendid Hair! 

Your Shampoo is gone, having aged into the above Magnus, which does nothing and can't even be used in battle. Except, it does unlock every track in the ingame sound test in the start menu. Which sounds like total garbage, since you can make it to the final dungeon in less than 1/6th of that time. Not quite though, as Eternal Wings and the Lost Ocean has no New Game+, nor does it let you save after the final boss at all. Because of this, if you want to listen to the last six tracks in the sound test or complete the 1000-Magnus Gathering, you need to wait that obscene amount of time.

So, be thankful we now have YouTube.:

Because otherwise, this not-shabby final battle theme wouldn't be available for your listening pleasure without leaving your GameCube running for almost two weeks doing nothing.

BTW, there are two Shampoo Magnus in the game. The first is available after the mansion dungeon on Sadal Suud, provided you complete a little side quest inside the mansion and return to Cebelrai, so very early in the game. The second can be purchased in the small village in the Nihal Desert, which is part of Savyna's end-of-game side quest, sooooo very late. Missing that first Shampoo will tack another 40-50 hours onto your mind-numbing wait period.

Still, the Shampoo thing is arguably better than the Pac-Man quest in Origins, since that actively requires you actively seek out and feed the little monster 147 different Quest Magnus. The Shampoo can be set the system and forget it.

Also, I'm not 100% sure what the second longest Magnus aging is, but I'm 95% certain it's the Peach Boy > Wonder MOMO, and the Peach Boy itself takes 8 hours to transform from being a plain old Peach. What you get out of that 80-hour wait is the best healing Magnus in the entire game. This and Splendid Hair are extreme examples, most cards age in like 6 hrs tops (often for the worse).

A 2x attacking sword with a massive defense and res boost that halves all incoming damage and also has infinite durability. And I can just have that?

I was worried that her stats would not measure up for this point of the game, but that changes things quite a lot. Just gotta watch out for paralysis. If that sword is offline, 30 attack is gonna be enough to one-shot her

@Saint Rubenio Someone started an LP and chose wiselee.

4 hours ago, GuardianSing said:

So, Fates RNG has the quirk that below 50% it's actually 1 RN. So that's a little under a 2% chance both those attacks hit if they're 10 and 17.

3 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Splendid Hair!

Everything about this card and what it does for the player....... Wew.

(Does the 100% have to worry about preventing cards from aging somehow?

Spoiler

Fucking Hygrophobia.

Gets an attack that sets you to sleep, then an attack that drains your health right after and two of those will kill.

Fuck sake.

Doesn't help that Shardfall would not hit and I have to ask is that on fucking purpose? All the other ranged moves except Dragonsoul were resisted so that makes sense to my paranoid mind.

Definitely a pain of a boss, do I need to be higher?

Edit: For some reason my first attempt Shardfall didn't hit once. Second time, it didn't miss and with running away like a bitch it was enough to win. What is this fight?

Edited by Awoken Dayni

Oh yeah, we're shoulder deep in spoilers now.

Spoiler

ODIO AWAKENS!

Why yes, I couldn't record the entire ending bit with Streibough onward. Thanks Squeenix, I hate it.

There's a bunch I could talk about the ending, but I think I might as well see where the Lord of Dark is going with this, eh?

Edited by Awoken Dayni