Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

4 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

Especially in the games where enemies have ridiculously high attack values (such as Three Houses, for instance), getting doubled means death

Yup

(70-40) x 2 is stil higher than 70-20.

If Armor units even have 40 def lol. Even my Emperor Edelgard stayed around 25 - 30 Def most of part 2.

4 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

no matter how high your defense is

That i disagree with. If their defence is high enough to tank, speed shouldn't really matter.

Like in the case of 60-70 ATK like in 3H Armor units should have something like 55-60 Def, and not 30.

Edited by Shrimperor

• Replies 176k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Shrimpica

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

3 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

Yup

(70-40) x 2 is stil higher than 70-20.

If Armor units even have 40 def lol. Even my Emperor Edelgard stayed around 25 - 30 Def most of part 2.

*nervously tries to hide his 16 Def Edelgard from his first CF run*

4 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

That i disagree with. If their defence is high enough to tank, speed shouldn't really matter.

Good point, actually.
My bad!

1 minute ago, Acacia Sgt said:

When in doubt, just dodge everything

20200128_220919.jpg

The only way to survive Madening chapter 13.

Also cool music in the video!

1 minute ago, DragonFlames said:

*nervously tries to hide his 16 Def Edelgard from his first CF run*

ok, how the hell did you achieve that XD

Did she never proc def. lvl up or something? Because you get to 14 Def just from promotion bonus iirc.

1 hour ago, DragonFlames said:

Whales, especially of the humpback variety, are my favorite animals, so this makes me extremely happy, somehow.

The artwork there is better than is ingame, considering you can't see it all at once once you're on it.

Your normal entrance is the mouth, the insides of the whale being your usual caves. Eventually you come out and onto one of the fins, where you can access the whale from on holidays via a beanstalk at the lake once you've visited this section. Then you head onto the backside, working from the rear to the front, where you go inside the castle. This isn't too enormous and is certainly not all open world-ish or invoking a sense of exploration. It's quaint and gently Romantic, leaves one wondering who made it, but thats it.

I forget exactly how much is optional, but I think you need only go to the rear of the whale to see the giant tree twice, The castle itself and the giant kraken boss inside it is not mandatory.

54 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Oh right, there was a reference to this in RF4. Although i think in this case, the island is just that. An island. It's not alive like the town in RF5.

Actually the whale could speak, not that it said or did much. The plot of Frontier is very thin and very relaxed. Although technically part of the premise was the villain was trying to drain the rune energy from the whale for its nefarious purposes, which at the same time would make the whale as a side effect fall out of the sky, not that the half-note villain was intending to do that.

Edited by Interdimensional Observer

1 minute ago, twilitfalchion said:

Well, here goes nothing. Time to see if Berwick will actually run.

Yaaaaay! D'you want me to PM you to explain how it works, (it is quite different from regular FE) breifly explain it here or just wing it?

I once tried to emulate a PS3 game

my PC crashed XD

1 minute ago, twilitfalchion said:

I even have frame rate issues with PS1 games when N64 runs fine. Bad emulator optimization I guess.

yeah. I am able to emulate Wii games fine and speed em up, even.

PS1 games feel like a pain emulating them

Huh, those don't bother me all that much. I mean, I'm playing PoR at...twelve FPS. 

(Please? Give it a chance at low speeds and turn off the music?)

Just now, Shrimperor said:

wtf

that would be a no go from me in any game lol

Eh, makes me slow down to think. Probably a good thing. Berwick usually runs at 85+% for me, though. Weird.

1 minute ago, Shrimperor said:

I can do that between turns, ya know xD

Imagine not being impulsive and just going ham without looking...

C'mon, if I can finish PoR at 12-20 FPS, surely you can try Berwick?

I know I'm reaching but I need to talk to other people who play Berwick here...