Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

RiP Berwick, nobody even got past the slow frames.

Well, to talk about a game other people know about, I took out the death knight with no dark spikes today! I had Byleth facetank an attack, then healed Byleth,  Smashed the DK with him, chip with Claude and then Knightkneel'd with Lorenz. And then Lysithea got a stregnth-speed defense level and then a perfect level of the (pathetic) boss. Wow.

• Replies 175.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Shrimpy -Limited Edition-

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

23 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

I stopped Tear ring not even because of frame dips, but because it was unsmooth and everything was just slow, it gave me a headache just looking at it

Really? But TRS has some pretty cool ideas, I think. 

As mentioned by someone else, Raquel not being able to kill humans, which is awesome for exp sharing with units.

Now of course it has things that I didn't like, of course.

1 hour ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Actually the whale could speak, not that it said or did much.

Ah. Cause based on how the buildings on it were built, i just assumed it was an island in the shape of a whale. Although i suppose it still is and it's just a sentient island.

1 hour ago, Shrimperor said:

still the best rendition of that song imo

*Spanish intensifies*

1 hour ago, Shrimperor said:

yeah. I am able to emulate Wii games fine and speed em up, even.

PS1 games feel like a pain emulating them

That's funny, for me, it's the opposite. Granted, it's not like Wii games are unplayable for me emulated but i've had more luck with PS1 games than Wii games.

1 hour ago, twilitfalchion said:

Same. I can barely stand Ocarina of Time's 20 fps on N64. It's why the 3DS version is always the best option for that game.

3DS version is the one that you should be playing anyways.

1 hour ago, twilitfalchion said:

Yeah, I tried TRS a while back, but it felt slower than Genealogy, if that's even possible. Quit after the first chapter.

DpkwCM7XUAMukWz.jpeg

When I read Chugga and American education:

It's just part one of a whole series.

Anyways nice that he will LP Xenoblade Chronicles 2.

Might watch it once I have the time.

Maybe NintendoCapriSun will play it too although he still has to finish his stream of 1.

He lost to Zanza and never completed it.

Edited by Julian Teehee

I played a bit Super Mario 64 for Switch. The controls are so bad, that's not even fun anymore. I can't do the long jumps properly and the camera angle is changing for some reason ingame without pressing any buttons. I could not even do the first Koopa race due to that.

Edited by Julian Teehee

Alright, time to search for the Valkyria Chronicles and Odin Sphere demos!
Wish me luck!
Or something. XD

7 hours ago, Shrimperor said:

ok, how the hell did you achieve that XD

Did she never proc def. lvl up or something? Because you get to 14 Def just from promotion bonus iirc.

I don't know, either.
Predictably, she was complete dead weight by the time I got to CF endgame, because she was slow on top of that.
The only stat she had going for her was Strength, that's it. XD
Needless to say, I was essentially down a unit, because she died to nearly everything and I couldn't put her into the final boss' range at all without risking her demise.

My second CF run (that I did to see her supports with Lysithea and to try out the character exclusive to that route that came with a free update) went a lot better, though.
She was a downright monster in that one.

Spoiler

640IZ3H.jpg

Guess who won?

7 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

The artwork there is better than is ingame, considering you can't see it all at once once you're on it.

Your normal entrance is the mouth, the insides of the whale being your usual caves. Eventually you come out and onto one of the fins, where you can access the whale from on holidays via a beanstalk at the lake once you've visited this section. Then you head onto the backside, working from the rear to the front, where you go inside the castle. This isn't too enormous and is certainly not all open world-ish or invoking a sense of exploration. It's quaint and gently Romantic, leaves one wondering who made it, but thats it.

I forget exactly how much is optional, but I think you need only go to the rear of the whale to see the giant tree twice, The castle itself and the giant kraken boss inside it is not mandatory.

That sounds really nice, actually.
Sometimes, things don't have to be grand or epic to be good. See Atelier Sophie, Atelier Rorona, or - so far - Rune Factory 4.

Edited by DragonFlames

Okay, tried the demo for Valkyria Chronicles 4.
Digging the artstyle, music, and character design.
Not a fan of the fact that it's gameplay is half third person shooter. Shooters in general just don't do anything for me, in all honesty, be they first or third person.

Funny thing is, the Switch version does not have a demo, the PS4 one does.
The PS4 version is also 10€ cheaper for some reason. And there isn't even a sale going on on the PS Store right now.

And Odin Sphere, sadly, does not have any demos at all.

Speaking of sales: the eShop is doing one. I saw Okami for 9.99€, which, for a fantastic game like that, is a steal.

3 hours ago, DragonFlames said:

Predictably, she was complete dead weight by the time I got to CF endgame, because she was slow on top of that.
The only stat she had going for her was Strength, that's it. XD
Needless to say, I was essentially down a unit, because she died to nearly everything and I couldn't put her into the final boss' range at all without risking her demise

F

17 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

Shooters in general just don't do anything for me, in all honesty, be they first or third person.

Right, i remember you saying that before.

And that's why demos need to be a thing, so one can see if they like a game or not!

19 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

Funny thing is, the Switch version does not have a demo, the PS4 one does.
The PS4 version is also 10€ cheaper for some reason. And there isn't even a sale going on on the PS Store right now.

Ninty pls

You know what I find amazing, due to huge popularity of Super Smash Bros. a lot of kids know about Fire Emblem and its characters from games I'm pretty sure they've never even played. Another big example of this would be how many people downloaded and played Heroes as well. When I was still in High School hardly anyone knew anything about FE to begin with, it's crazy have things can change over the course of a decade. 

Edited by Wraith

Just now, Wraith said:

Yes, but please don't pull a Benice and use rubbish units. 

Nah, my team is Haar, Gatrie, Boyd, Oscar, Mia (my MVP), Tibarn, Caineghis, Giffca, Elincia, and Nailah. Should be pretty okay.

2 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

Enjoy and gl!

Thanks!

1 minute ago, twilitfalchion said:

Nah, my team is Haar, Gatrie, Boyd, Oscar, Mia (my MVP), Tibarn, Caineghis, Giffca, Elincia, and Nailah. Should be pretty okay.

Elincia and miccy your only staffers?

I recommend replacing Nailah with another staffer, you will need it. Preferbly someone who can use high rank magic as well

2 minutes ago, twilitfalchion said:

Good man! Put those heathens to the sword and claw! 

4 minutes ago, twilitfalchion said:

Dump everyone else, all you need is Mia, truly.

1 minute ago, Shrimperor said:

Elincia and miccy your only staffers?

I recommend replacing Nailah with another staffer, you will need it. Preferbly someone who can use high rank magic as well

Soren then? He's the only other staff user I have. Level 5 Arch Sage IIRC.

Just now, twilitfalchion said:

Soren then? He's the only other staff user I have. Level 5 Arch Sage IIRC.

Could work, and if his mag and str are high enough, you will soon have access to unlimited doubling siege tomes.

Also, save a fortify staff for the final battle!

10 minutes ago, twilitfalchion said:

Good to know. Thanks.

Another tip: soon your weapons will get a blessing. This makes them not only able to damage some stuff that wouldn't get damaged otherwise, but gives them unlimited durability. Take that into consideration!