Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

I just finished watching the Kirby concert, skipping past the unsubtitled breaks in Japanese. The Super Star moments and the quick appearance of Air Ride got me nostalgia-crying, music is powerful. 😂

I don't think I saw a single showing of Rainbow Curse, nor several other spinoffs. Maybe it was too remixed for me but I don't think I heard the iconic Meta Knight's Revenge during its segment. Speaking of, Star Allies gave Galacta Knight a flaming dual-wielding butterfly upgrade, and Forgotten Land brought it back?😲 I need to return to that game.

Star Allies I skipped because I felt supersaturated on the Kirby games at the time, and the reviews suggested it's uninspired. I feel like I need to go and get it for cheap if possible now. They devoted one lengthy segment of the concert to what looked like it's final boss. And WTF! A Star Fox all-range mode shump battle against some giant that turns into a traditional Kirby fight against its core, which resembles Dark Matter/Zero/Miracle Matter/Dark Mind/Dark Nebula/Magolor Soul in being a floating disembodied eyeball, and just being round adds Nightmare Orb and Drawcia Soul to the comparison list. Kirby loves eldritch flying spheres as the final boss, doesn't it? And a crystalline heart like Nova's and Star Dream's? What the heck is this monstrosity? I would say it belongs more in a JRPG than Kirby, but it feels too ridiculous for even that. SRW is about the only series I can think of that could process this level of over-the-top exuberance.

• Replies 175.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Shrimpy -Limited Edition-

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

18 minutes ago, Shrimpy said:

@Armagon

@lightcosmo

I have only Segiri's Ascension remaining...how do i unlock it xD

Can't find the quest the hero roster thing is telling me to do lol

Why not just look it up?

There are quite a few steps involved FYI. Xd

Edited by lightcosmo

6 minutes ago, Shrimpy said:

Can't find it in guides yet lol

Spoiler
  • After "Side Story: Noah". Run to the ? in the Prison, get "Sena and No. 9" info. Then Discuss.
  • Head to the marker. Then the next. Then head to where Colony 0 used to be in Upper Aetia.
  • Talk to Giddygiddy in Keves Castle area. Collect 3 Harmony Ebony and return. Then talk to No. 9 in the prison.

Acknowledging Feelings

• Listen to "Colony 0 Duties" info in Prison after "Contrary Emotions", then discuss.
  • Talk to No. 8. Follow and then talk to him again. Then head to No. 10 in City.
  • Follow No. 10 for a while. Head to the Markers in Cadensia Region and lower Wildwood.
  • Return to Leeanne in the City. Then return to No. 8 in the prison.

Invisible Bond (Segiri Ascension Quest)

• After "Acknowledging Feelings", put Segiri in your party and head to the Prison.
    • You may need Sena at Rank 10 with Machine Assassin
  • Talk to No. 6. Then head to the marker in Colony Lambda. Follow the marker for a few scenes. Then head to Colony 4.
  • Head to the marker in the Dannagh Desert. Then follow the trail. Keep following for a scene.
  • Fight a battle, then a few more scenes and you are done.

8 minutes ago, lightcosmo said:

Hide contents
  • After "Side Story: Noah". Run to the ? in the Prison, get "Sena and No. 9" info. Then Discuss.
  • Head to the marker. Then the next. Then head to where Colony 0 used to be in Upper Aetia.
  • Talk to Giddygiddy in Keves Castle area. Collect 3 Harmony Ebony and return. Then talk to No. 9 in the prison.

Acknowledging Feelings

• Listen to "Colony 0 Duties" info in Prison after "Contrary Emotions", then discuss.
  • Talk to No. 8. Follow and then talk to him again. Then head to No. 10 in City.
  • Follow No. 10 for a while. Head to the Markers in Cadensia Region and lower Wildwood.
  • Return to Leeanne in the City. Then return to No. 8 in the prison.

Invisible Bond (Segiri Ascension Quest)

• After "Acknowledging Feelings", put Segiri in your party and head to the Prison.
    • You may need Sena at Rank 10 with Machine Assassin
  • Talk to No. 6. Then head to the marker in Colony Lambda. Follow the marker for a few scenes. Then head to Colony 4.
  • Head to the marker in the Dannagh Desert. Then follow the trail. Keep following for a scene.
  • Fight a battle, then a few more scenes and you are done.

Thank you!

34 minutes ago, Shrimpy said:

@Armagon

@lightcosmo

I have only Segiri's Ascension remaining...how do i unlock it xD

Can't find the quest the hero roster thing is telling me to do lol

You have to completely refurbish the prison. Lightcosmo posted a guide there but yeah, it takes a while.

...btw (Ch.6 spoilers)

Spoiler

How did you manage to do the ascension quests for Ethel and Cammuravi? Cause I couldn't do either of them until post-game cause the door at the back of Colony Omega wouldn't open.

29 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Speaking of, Star Allies gave Galacta Knight a flaming dual-wielding butterfly upgrade, and Forgotten Land brought it back?😲 I need to return to that game.

That's Morpho Knight. Completely different character that originated in Star Allies.

4 minutes ago, Armagon said:

That's Morpho Knight. Completely different character that originated in Star Allies.

Ah, so they went for a third knight. Seeing it just looked like things have gotten out of hand. Galacta I visually get as angelic to Meta's devilish bat wings, Morpho... butterfly seems like a weird choice, and I suppose they realized infernal was available and still diabolic. 

I love Kirby, yet HAL continually trying to invent something fresh in the serious & edgy/dark final/secret boss aspect of the series is eye-rolling, unnecessary, and yet a little entertainingly absurd.

20 minutes ago, Armagon said:

You have to completely refurbish the prison

Did that looong ago cuz i had money xD

20 minutes ago, Armagon said:
Spoiler

How did you manage to do the ascension quests for Ethel and Cammuravi? Cause I couldn't do either of them until post-game cause the door at the back of Colony Omega wouldn't open.

Spoiler

I just went there with Cammuravi and it opened xD

1 hour ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Linde, Merric... Uhhh, considering the "ArchaneaSummerFest" hashtag I'm going to guess that's Luthier, and... Dang, who's the grumpy blonde? I can't think of any Archanean mage that looks like that...

ngl I thought the redhead was supposed to be Etzel

especially since Archanea in the tag over Valentia

1 minute ago, twilitfalchion said:

ngl I thought the redhead was supposed to be Etzel

especially since Archanea in the tag over Valentia

Without the monocle?

Heresy.

I don't care if he's chilling in the beach, that monocle is a part of his very being. Or it should be.

Nah but yeah, looking at him better he's 100% Etzel. I just didn't recognize him without the monocle and the crippling depression.

...Then again, he does look rather sad... Aww...

Edited by Saint Rubenio

9 minutes ago, Shrimpy said:

Hide contents

I just went there with Cammuravi and it opened xD

Spoiler

Bro it literally would not open for me no matter how many times I tried. If you were able to do it Ch.6/early Ch.7 then there must've been something I didn't trigger but no idea what.

I was playing the adventure of link with my brother (running a 2 player mod) and... I really suck, lmao

Pretty sure I slowed the team down haha. I mean, i know the game isnt great, but he wanted to give it a try and i cant say no, sooo thats how that happened. Xd

19 minutes ago, twilitfalchion said:

fun fact, eh?

And another same voice actor moment in the comments and....

If I had a nickel for every time an actor who played an antagonist in Doctor Who also played a major antagonist in Xenoblade, I'd have two nickels. Which isn't a lot, it's just weird that it's happened twice.

y0Lat83.jpg

Monolith Soft's character design has peaked, nothing can surpass this.

8 hours ago, Eunie said:

oh, hai another me

This is getting out of hand, now there are three of them.