Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

4 minutes ago, lightcosmo said:

Your Switch might be a different model from someone else's. Do the devs compensate by testing it on every model?

I actually don't know if there are any exact differences between Switch models. I do know later models have longer lasting batteries but I think the processing capabilities are about the same.

I don't know enough tho so don't quote me on this.

• Replies 176.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Shrimpica

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

28 minutes ago, lightcosmo said:

XC2 and DE didnt give me hell like this one does.

See cause when I first beat Xenoblade 2, the final cutscene around the credits turned into a slideshow. Audio went out of sync and the visuals got slower and slower. Memory leakage was the cause, seems newer models don't have this issue from what I hear.

2 minutes ago, Armagon said:

See cause when I first beat Xenoblade 2, the final cutscene around the credits turned into a slideshow. Audio went out of sync and the visuals got slower and slower. Memory leakage was the cause, seems newer models don't have this issue from what I hear.

I suppose thats better than it constantly erroring. Xd

I figured models were gonna be an issue. Lame.

17 hours ago, lightcosmo said:

Funny thing about this is: modding XC2, I raised the time needed to recharge arts, as i feel being able to nuke the enemy with them is kinda a problem for balance, haha.

I am gonna agree with Armagon here. One of the reasons XC2 combat is so fun is it's high speed, tbh

5 hours ago, Armagon said:

facts lmao

2 hours ago, lightcosmo said:

Okay, so the game erroring every few battles is starting to really piss me off in XC3. This shit is unacceptable and REALLY needs to get fixed, like, now.

I've seen about 7-8 errors already. This is absurd.

It might be your switch, honestly. 

I only had like 2 stutters in 150+ hours, and these 2 happened after long time playing

I've not seen any complaints about it online, either.

7 minutes ago, Armagon said:

See cause when I first beat Xenoblade 2, the final cutscene around the credits turned into a slideshow

this got patched out tho right?

While i do remember lag in XBC2, it wasin't in the final cutscene however

31 minutes ago, Shrimpy said:

I am gonna agree with Armagon here. One of the reasons XC2 combat is so fun is it's high speed, tbh

? Its still fast, just not Corvin can inf loop his evasion art fast. I mean how could that be classified as "fun"?

Thats like... CS style fun. 

32 minutes ago, Shrimpy said:

It might be your switch, honestly. 

I only had like 2 stutters in 150+ hours, and these 2 happened after long time playing

I've not seen any complaints about it online, either.

But it works 100% fine with any other game?

2 minutes ago, lightcosmo said:

? Its still fast, just not Corvin can inf loop his evasion art fast. I mean how could that be classified as "fun"?

Nerf corvin then XD

I honestly never really used him, so i don't know how op he is.

2 minutes ago, lightcosmo said:

But it works 100% fine with any other game?

yeah that's weird

1 minute ago, Shrimpy said:

Nerf corvin then XD

I honestly never really used him, so i don't know how op he is.

yeah that's weird

He is 100% auto wins. He has a skill that recharges his arts when he evades anything along with an evading art and a blade special that gives him 100% evasion for 6 attacks. This creates situations where the player cant possibly lose. 

But its brain dead. 

Still haven't gotten back to Forgotten Land. I didn't yesterday b/c I know the next boss judging from the silhouette is KD3, and I feel like the weight of seeing him again would be undermined by me having listened to renditions of his theme in the concert medleys. Except, I'm still in a Kirby music mood, so I can't give myself the space I want.😅

giphy.gif?cid=790b7611ac0a85b526cbe6fb1d

27 minutes ago, lightcosmo said:

He is 100% auto wins. He has a skill that recharges his arts when he evades anything along with an evading art and a blade special that gives him 100% evasion for 6 attacks. This creates situations where the player cant possibly lose. 

You forgot the level 2 Rage-canceller, that's exclusive to him and breaks enemies in ways they weren't designed to be, since they never reapply Rage. The Decoy buff I found surprisingly weak, easily the worst of his three specials. The hurt & heal level 1 is the sole reason I won the Elma Redux on maximally easy Custom.

As for evade-during-the-animation arts, my record with them is nil. XC2 devolved into spamming all the Arts of my current Blade, swapping to the next Blade, spam their Arts, swap to the next, and repeat ad infinitum with prematurely canceled auto-attacks in-between, barring Driver and Blade Combo considerations. Button-mashy, but effective enough. Paying close attention enemy attacks animations in the hectic clusterfuck of visual and information overload XC battles become is a bit of a joke to me.

2 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

You forgot the level 2 Rage-canceller, that's exclusive to him and breaks enemies in ways they weren't designed to be, since they never reapply Rage. The Decoy buff I found surprisingly weak, easily the worst of his three specials. The hurt & heal level 1 is the sole reason I won the Elma Redux on maximally easy Custom.

As for evade-during-the-animation arts, my record with them is nil. XC2 devolved into spamming all the Arts of my current Blade, swapping to the next Blade, spam their Arts, swap to the next, and repeat ad infinitum with prematurely canceled auto-attacks in-between, barring Driver and Blade Combo considerations. Button-mashy, but effective enough. Paying close attention enemy attacks animations in the hectic clusterfuck of visual and information overload XC battles become is a bit of a joke to me.

The Elma battle is literally "press evasion art button till victory" xd 

I also didnt put pouch items into the equation yet as well, this was just base.

I dont know what you're trying to say with the 2nd paragraph, tbh. 

1 hour ago, Shrimpy said:

qlGODRj.png

Soon ™️ 

Ayy. Hope you enjoy it as much as I did. Use Karajan! Or else I'll kill you.

Also, DioField Chronicle? Wuzzat? Lemme google...

Oh, it's that thing Square trailered not too long ago. I hadn't paid much attention to it. Checking its website now, all I have to say is the most predictable Ruben statement ever: I suppose it'll be too much to ask that William is not the bad guy, right? I mean, they delivered with Benedict. But this one screams "bad guy" way more than Benedict ever did. Ah, we'll see...

...Oh shit, wait, I didn't know it's gonna be on Steam! Not bad, that changes things. I might have to keep an eye out now. No Switch exclusivity is a big plus.

8 minutes ago, lightcosmo said:

I dont know what you're trying to say with the 2nd paragraph, tbh. 

What I'm trying to say is simple- evasion arts require precise timing and attention to properly utilize. They're less effective if you try spamming them without a care, because then you'll end up not using them when the enemies are actually attacking, negating the point to having them in your palette. And in mind case, XC2 is not the most cerebral of JRPGs, I got by being fairly mindless.

5 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

...Oh shit, wait, I didn't know it's gonna be on Steam! Not bad, that changes things. I might have to keep an eye out now. No Switch exclusivity is a big plus.

It releases next month, and the demo is leaving people wary from what I see posted. Might not be a second Triangle, seems too budget-restrained b-team for that, particularly when it's releasing so soon.

Also, IDK if the videos have said it, but it would seem it's pronounced "Die-Oh", not "Dee-Oh". I've heard people compare the battle maps visually to intricate little dioramas, so Diorama-battleField Chronicle.

12 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Use Karajan!

Thunder Catria, take it or leave it

nd the demo is leaving people wary from what I see posted.

oh boy

Edited by Shrimpy

1 minute ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

It releases next month, and the demo is leaving people wary from what I see posted. Might not be a second Triangle, seems too budget-restrained b-team for that, particularly when it's releasing so soon.

Oh dear. Well, only thing I can speak of is the artstyle, since it's the only thing I can see at first glance of the website. Victorian steampunk is rather uninspired, but everyone looks like painted portraits, which is neat. For anything else, we'll have to see.

Just now, Shrimpy said:

Thunder Catria, take it or leave it

ngl VS2 had me feeling very lukewarm on Accorte. I honestly don't care much for her. She has one chapter where she shines, and otherwise she's just kinda there in this game. Karajan cooler. But then, I'm a complete weirdo, so don't let my opinions sway you.

I'll throw you a curveball: Best girl Bertoullia. Final offer.

5 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Joke's on you, you failed to kill Axel.

Wait, doesnt he join as an ally?

4 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

What I'm trying to say is simple- evasion arts require precise timing and attention to properly utilize. They're less effective if you try spamming them without a care, because then you'll end up not using them when the enemies are actually attacking, negating the point to having them in your palette. And in mind case, XC2 is not the most cerebral of JRPGs, I got by being fairly mindless.

Oh I ser what you mean now!

I dont mind precise timing in games, but mindless button pressing on the other hand? Yeah...

Just now, lightcosmo said:

Wait, doesnt he join as an ally?

Yes, and he's my favorite character in the game. So you fail, Cosmo. I win.

...What did I win, again?

Just now, Shrimpy said:

cymru-wales.gif

I will take that as a yes. Which means you are a reasonable person. Only mad, probably evil fools would not see the greatness of Best Girl.

Edited by Saint Rubenio

6 minutes ago, Shrimpy said:

oh boy

Make your own opinion! It doesn't necessarily have to follow the crowd.

I haven't seen criticisms calling the game downright bad, this isn't a Balan Blunderworld demo situation again. Script quality, voice acting, aesthetic and graphics seem to be points of critique, frivolous things, the gameplay has gone largely unspoken of. Sounds more like it'll be 7/10 territory based on the demo reactions, 8/10 if you like it, but I don't see any optimistic exuberance to suggest it's a 9 or 10. Ultimately we need the entire game to judge.