• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Shrimpy -Limited Edition-

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

14 minutes ago, Eunie said:

I should have mentioned Nintendo in the title since I was focussing on games by Nintendo.

Edit: Fixed the poll.

Nintendo GOTY? I expect Sparks of Hope, but 1: It's not come out yet, so I'm not going to get ahead of myself, and 2: That's not a Nintendo game lol. Ubisoft is making it, Nintendo's only involvement is giving them permission to use the characters.

But then, I suppose if we're going down that route, Triangle Strategy isn't a Nintendo game either. So I guess Nintendo exclusive GOTY would be the best way to describe it. But I'm arguing semantics, don't bother editing the poll again.

51 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Anyway, Banutu got. I'm so used to him being worthless, and I don't expect anything else from him here. In fact, with the weird durability in this game, he probably will be even worse than usual. He was rad in FE3, but his firestone had so few uses, I shudder to even imagine how brittle it'll bOH MY GOD IT HAS INFINITE USES BANUTU EPIC

I'm also told there is some kind of glitch with He Who Is Called the Linguistic Ancestor of Many Sub-Saharan Africans. If you try to use a promotion item on him, you keep the item, but his Def skyrockets or something.

Just now, Interdimensional Observer said:

I'm also told there is some kind of glitch with He Who Is Called the Linguistic Ancestor of Many Sub-Saharan Africans. If you try to use a promotion item on him, you keep the item, but his Def skyrockets or something.

Ah yeah, I'm aware. I'll try not to use that, though. It sounds hilarious, but it'll also make enemies not want to attack him, which isn't neat.

I'm not sure what I'd call my GOTY this year.

I've yet to beat XC3, so I can't say anything definitive about it.

RF5 was good but not GOTY worthy. Too many issues with it.

Never played Triangle Strategy.

Kirby was good, but still not GOTY.

I'll probably pick up Splatoon 3, but I don't see that being GOTY either.

Hmmmm

3 minutes ago, Armagon said:

I don't need to entertain the discussion of a GOTY myself lol

True; absolutely nothing can stand up to Race With Ryan, after all.

I finally got my hands on this little beauty.

Me4tlboa o

Now I just have to finish Yakuza 0, Kiwami 2 and Judgment to play it

On 8/11/2022 at 4:48 PM, Saint Rubenio said:

...Oof. Well, I suppose it wouldn't be Dragon Age without bugs. I'm assuming no community patch for this?

The only "community patch" that exists about save importing is from Awakening for 2.

I mean, not really. I sold Three Houses to get this, and I can certainly call this a better game than Houses. Worst case scenario, I can sell this and Splatoon. That'd be enough funds to try again. Maybe Breath of the Wild next. It was the second option that piqued my eye when I was considering what game to utilize as an excuse to sell get in exchange for Three Houses

For some reason, I think it's going to be pretty funny to see your take on this one.

No, that's Armagon's trick, how could you steal his gimmick? What will he do now?

He hasn't patented it.

Okay, so the game erroring every few battles is starting to really piss me off in XC3. This shit is unacceptable and REALLY needs to get fixed, like, now.

I've seen about 7-8 errors already. This is absurd.

13 minutes ago, lightcosmo said:

Okay, so the game erroring every few battles is starting to really piss me off in XC3. This shit is unacceptable and REALLY needs to get fixed, like, now.

I've seen about 7-8 errors already. This is absurd.

I have literally encountered zero of these.

18 minutes ago, Newtype06 said:

Now I just have to finish Yakuza 0, Kiwami 2 and Judgment to play it

And Like A Dragon, since LJ spoils one of its major plot points

20 minutes ago, Newtype06 said:

I finally got my hands on this little beauty.

Congrats! I absolutely adored it, and I hope you do too.

And, in the wise words of a Twitch chatter I saw about Judgment and Lost Judgment:

URQFEjA.png

1 hour ago, Newtype06 said:

The only "community patch" that exists about save importing is from Awakening for 2.

F

Well, we'll see. I didn't uplod my saves, so I'll have to think on it when I get back to the city.

1 hour ago, Newtype06 said:

For some reason, I think it's going to be pretty funny to see your take on this one.

Why? Can I be evil in it? Or is it my reaction to Urbosa you're waiting for?

1 minute ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Why? Can I be evil in it? Or is it my reaction to Urbosa you're waiting for?

Your lack of beholden-ness to Nintendo makes me think you'll be in the "this game is big and empty and not very fun" camp. Your frustration and lack of appreciation might be amusing to us.

Honestly, I question if the game is worth it for you. I feel like you'll have already found better in the indie world. -I don't dislike BotW BTW, I'm middle-of-the-road on it.

29 minutes ago, lightcosmo said:

I shouldnt HAVE to fuck around though, it should just work right imo.

I mean it does seem to be a specific problem on your end. Doesn't necessarily make it the game's fault.

10 minutes ago, Armagon said:

I mean it does seem to be a specific problem on your end. Doesn't necessarily make it the game's fault.

Considering ALL of my other Switch games play 100% fine. yeah, it's the game's fault.

Edited by lightcosmo

5 minutes ago, lightcosmo said:

Considering ALL of my other Switch games play 100% fine. yeah, it's the game's fault.

Cosmo if 100 people play a game and of those 100 people, only two suffer from occasional errors, is that the game itself being unoptimized or it an issue on the user's end?

1 minute ago, Armagon said:

Cosmo if 100 people play a game and of those 100 people, only two suffer from occasional errors, is that the game itself being unoptimized or it an issue on the user's end?

Question 1: are all users running the EXACT same setup or not? 

Your Switch might be a different model from someone else's. Do the devs compensate by testing it on every model?