Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

Phew, finished my first, and probably only, Civ VI Deity level game. I picked the cheaty combination of the Maori on a Terra map. I wound up founding 18 cities, and ended the game with over 900 Culture and 1600 Tourism. I landed on the "old world", right next to the Auckland city-state.🤩 It was probably better that I did, because it meant my capital could be an entrepôt for my Traders early on for getting that +25% Tourism boost for sending out Trade Routes to foreign civs. I got a second city with a 5 adjacency Harbor on the continent, but otherwise laid claim to the "new world", which barring a few little cities stayed free of my rivals. Japan attacked me twice early on, but Toa and Crossbows kept Hojo at bay.

The Ottomans took Sendai from Japan, and then went about racking up a miraculous by the AI standards 720 Science per turn by the time I finished the game, how'd he'd get that much? My science lagged and peaked at no more than 260 because I had only two Campuses in my entire empire.A Heroic Age of Wish You Were Here, Bodyguard of Lies, and To Arms! wrapped up the game for me. I was afraid of Suleiman winning the space race before I won, but my spies shut down the spaceport he was using for the projects, his repairing of it was lackadaisical, so he never launched the Moon Landing. Still, I built three Bombers with more coming and selected that To Arms! for a quick declaration of war and subsequent conquest if I had to go to that. He had a Jet Bomber and I think two Jet Fighters himself, highly unusual for the AI, how'd he in his confined area luck out on the Aluminum?

Japan eventually lost from loyalty pressure the city of Fukuoka, and then had the unfortunate luck of four cities in a Dark Age surrounded by three neighbors in Golden/Heroic Ages. I acquired one of them, and while a second was leaning to join Indonesia, some Bread and Circus projects pressured them into joining me instead. Not even Kyoto could resist so Japan disappeared off the map, though it and the tiny 3 Pop city next to it didn't join me because I finished the game too soon. Although the Marae are actually rather weak Tourism generators, you need 8 tiles of features and Flight researched to get the effects of one filled Amphitheater, Kupe doesn't have to sacrifice anything for National Parks, I likely had 10 or more of them, one city alone had four. I nabbed both Great Merchants with the +25% Tourism for Trade Routes boosts, one bought with a hefty lump sum of faith, which was no issue because I ended the game with 700 Faith per turn. I never made a Rock Band though, for I wanted to wait for the Hallyu Policy, which I unlocked on my last turn, and I didn't run the +Tourism policies for Art/Artifact tourism because I was using Theocracy as my government and didn't want to remove Republican Legacy for the amenities or the double Harbor adjacency policies for the extra gold and production.

This was fun. I like being a builder and I did a lot of it, I got this entirely out of my system for now. 

Not sure what to play next. With the Age of Calamity announcement, maybe I should return to Breath of the Wild? I never took on any Divine Beast, though my second user profile's file can't screenshot the game for some reason.

• Replies 175.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Shrimpy -Limited Edition-

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

11 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

Ffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffingertip...

Nnoooooooo, we lost draggy!

11 minutes ago, twilitfalchion said:

Awesome, I'm glad to hear you're enjoying it.

Well, I have certainly enjoyed several aspects of Three Houses-I like the customization and discovery of what your units can do and the details and stuff, and I've figured out the monastery a little bit. I feel like Three Houses is a good game, but a bad FE. That's probably just me, though.

1 minute ago, Benice said:

Nnoooooooo, we lost draggy!

Don't worry, I'm still here!
I just wanted to come up with a funny way of switching up the f-word.

1 minute ago, Benice said:

Well, I have certainly enjoyed several aspects of Three Houses-I like the customization and discovery of what your units can do and the details and stuff, and I've figured out the monastery a little bit. I feel like Three Houses is a good game, but a bad FE. That's probably just me, though.

Well, Three Houses is very different from "traditional" Fire Emblem games, that's for sure.

1 minute ago, DragonFlames said:

Don't worry, I'm still here!
I just wanted to come up with a funny way of switching up the f-word.

Aw shizzlefritz, ya got me!

Tales of Xillia 2's dire monster EX versions are rough. The snow wolf? Using the snowstorm ability is absolute BS. 6k damage every 5 seconds and the kicker? It never ends? Even if the game over screen is up, the attack is still going off? Really? 

7 minutes ago, lightcosmo said:

Tales of Xillia 2's dire monster EX versions are rough. The snow wolf? Using the snowstorm ability is absolute BS. 6k damage every 5 seconds and the kicker? It never ends? Even if the game over screen is up, the attack is still going off? Really? 

What? That's kind of hilarious.
"You're dead, let me kill you harder!" XD

I actually don't remember fighting these, but then again, it's been a while since I last played.

bgI2W20.png

I really hope when she promotes she can punch people in the face or something 

Otherwise having the highest STR in the party would make no sense xD

Inb4 she get's a physical tome or something lol

Also lost MVP-chan, Witch-chan and Cav-kun in ironman. F

Atleast i was able to use some of the units i didn't use before, like

d4zKClk.png

Who can attack up to 3 times in player phase if used right. How to make me use a pure axe unit xD

Edited by Shrimperor

1 minute ago, Shrimperor said:

bgI2W20.png

I really hope when she promotes she can punch people in the face or something 

Otherwise having the highest STR in the party would make no sense xD

... She has 4 more strength than magic. This nun is buff af! XD

2 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

Also lost MVP-chan, Witch-chan and Cav-kun in ironman. F

Noooo, not MVP-chan! *sad Draggy noises*
RIP

Who can attack up to 3 times in player phase if used right. How to make me use a pure axe unit xD

Galeforce on steroids.

4 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

... She has 4 more strength than magic. This nun is buff af! XD

''I AM A HOLY WOMAN, AND THAT'S WHY I WILL PUNCH YOU IN THE FACE''

xD

Reminds me of green unit nun in 3H ch12 madening mode

Spoiler

ZjOTrVM.jpg

I laughed so much when that happened XXD

6 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

Noooo, not MVP-chan! *sad Draggy noises*
RIP

She got entrap staff'd by a mage i completely forgot about and then got sorrounded by enemy units xD

The game has no perma death, but you lose a whole lot of Morale and Rank when you lose a unit. That, and i am keeping up with the spirit of ironmans, so i won't use defeated units again in this run.

7 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

Galeforce on steroids

Yup. Her ability is ''gain another action directly after attacking''

However, if you attack -> Assault Mode -> Attack again, you can attack again after XD

really should've used her in my original run, the one whose save file i will carry over when the game get's updated xD

''I AM A HOLY WOMAN, AND THAT'S WHY I WILL PUNCH YOU IN THE FACE''

First, it was Nunswithaxes, then it was Nunswithguns, now it's Nunswithguns (the other kind) XD

Reminds me of green unit nun in 3H ch12 madening mode

Reveal hidden contents

ZjOTrVM.jpg

I laughed so much when that happened XXD

Lmao!

She got entrap staff'd by a mage i completely forgot about and then got sorrounded by enemy units xD

Oh no... poor MVP-chan...

3 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

The game has no perma death, but you lose a whole lot of Morale and Rank when you lose a unit. That, and i am keeping up with the spirit of ironmans, so i won't use defeated units again in this run.

This gives me the idea of a Stella Glow ironman...

Yup. Her ability is ''gain another action directly after attacking''

However, if you attack -> Assault Mode -> Attack again, you can attack again after XD

I think I just heard something break.
Must be the game. XD

8 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

First, it was Nunswithaxes, then it was Nunswithguns, now it's Nunswithguns (the other kind) XD

Chrono_Crusade,_Volume_1.JPG

This gives me the idea of a Stella Glow ironman..

won't work that well because Stella Glow doesn't give you many/replacement units, unlike FE (like) games.

I think I just heard something break.
Must be the game. XD

Well, the game does give the enemies some pretty nasty tricks, too, so it's not really that broken.

C519bSg.png

like that dude who attacks on player phase if you attack him (thankfully, not 3-10 range unlike the other game) xD

It's pretty cool gimmick, leading the player to capturing the ballistas on the side first so they can attack the boss without him hijacking player phase and destroying you.

Later on there are units that can only be harmed when you have WTA over them, or units who reflect damage if use weapon with low WLV, or a boss that reduces your weapon durability, etc.

Heck, even early on there is a boss that reduces everyone MHP by 1 every turn. The Yandere Eirika, if you remember XD

Edited by Shrimperor

Chrono_Crusade,_Volume_1.JPG

NUNSWITHGUNS! XD

won't work that well because Stella Glow doesn't give your many/replacement units, unlike FE (like) games.

Fair point.
Though I did manage to play through that game without having a single character get defeated (because I assumed it had permadeath, I played extra carefully XD), so maybe it wouldn't be impossible to pull off...

like that dude who attacks on player phase if you attack him (thankfully, not 3-10 range unlike the other game) xD

It's pretty cool gimmick, leading the player to capturing the ballistas on the side first so they can attack the boss without him hijacking player phase and destroying you.

Yup, it is. Since you get effective ways to work around them.
That was something I liked about this game ever since you first talked about it. The gimmicks seem to not be just there for the sake of making things take longer/more annoying than it needs to be.

4 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

Heck, even early on there is a boss that reduces everyone MHP by 1 every turn. The Yandere Eirika, if you remember XD

Oh yeah, I remember. XD

---

GRpwDSZ.png

White-haired waifu time. XD

Though I did manage to play through that game without having a single character get defeated (because I assumed it had permadeath, I played extra carefully XD), so maybe it wouldn't be impossible to pull off

Tbf it always was a side objective to let everyone survive, so i did the same and reseted upon unit's defeat xD

That was something I liked about this game ever since you first talked about it. The gimmicks seem to not be just there for the sake of making things take longer/more annoying than it needs to be

Umu. The gimmicks are mainly there to make things interesting and unique.

Also, Ultra Player Phase focus, something which i am personally a fan of. I don't like it much when games let me park a unit somewhere and tank 20 units with a Handaxe/javelin.

GRpwDSZ.png

Looks good!

Edited by Shrimperor

Just now, Shrimperor said:

Tbf it always was a side objective to let everyone survive, so i did the same and resetted upon defeat xD

True! XD
Also, I wanted none of them to die, since that game is another one where I like nearly everyone; some more than others, sure, but overall, Stella Glow's cast is really likeable.

Umu. The gimmicks are mainly there to make things interesting and unique.

Best way to include gimmicks, imo.

Also, Ultra Player Phase focus, something which i am personally a fan of. I don't like it much when games let me park a unit somewhere and tank 20 units with a Handaxe/javelin.

I think that kind of gameplay can be fun (this is usually the way I tend to approach defend maps), but not when it's the whole game.
I appreciate a healthy mix of both, usually.

Looks good!

Thanks! ^^

His portrait doesn't look too happy, though. XD

lmao

But yeah, that is one crazy level-up. Good lord!

Ikr!

This run Lord-chan and Lord-kun switched places xxD

Lord-kun is the faster one, while Lord-chan is the fast one haha