Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

Just now, twilitfalchion said:

Good luck!

Thank you! ^^

---

Just went on some treasure hunting.
I like the idea that some Servans in Nights of Azure 2 can remove obstacles for you or carry you to new areas, however, the problem with this mechanic is that you absolutely HAVE to revisit older areas with them to get everything, which is nigh impossible on a first playthrough due to the time limit mechanic.
You can't switch your Servans on the fly, either, and you can only bring two, when there are four different kinds of obstacles. Luckily, these are never really mandatory to actually progress, but if you want all the treasure, every Servan, and - most importantly, every fast travel gate, you'll always want to bring at least one of the four Servans that have these abities when you first visit a new dungeon, ideally two.

In any case, I got two new Servans to join me, the golem Glanz, who can transform into a Crystal Sword for Aluche to use, and the Game Breaker Spora. I think I've talked about this overpowered little guy/girl/poisonous mushroom before, but its Active Skill is by far the strongest out of every Servan: it sends out a cloud of poison dust that does damage to every enemy in the area... usually enough damage to instantly kill them.
DUEfdV6.jpg

Bringing Spora along makes fighting large groups a lot less dangerous, especially on Extreme difficulty.

• Replies 176k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Shrimpica

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

6 minutes ago, twilitfalchion said:

That's because she's the more compelling lead character. Chrom is good, but I always liked Lucina more. Her story was much more interesting by comparison, imo.

Chrom's story is just kinda… boring, after a certain point. Lucina fights through hardship and tragedy with the help of everyone else as well. Part of me was hoping it would follow FE4 and ditch Chrom and have Lucina take his place. (no BBQ's, though)

28 minutes ago, twilitfalchion said:

Hey @Benice, when you post the images for your LP, do you upload them to imgur first? If there's quite a few pictures, I can see my attachments reaching the limit before I even finish the first chapter.

Yep! Sometimes Imgur scrambles up the order of pictures, though, so I can also recommend Imgbox if that is a consistent problem.

Microsoft got tired people dunking on them for not having exclusives and said "enough" by purchasing Betheseda for *ahem* $7.5 billion! By comparison, Disney bought Lucasfilm for only $4 billion.

15 hours ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Little late, but eh...

Witch in mecha!

I'd also put princess in mecha... but SRW actually has quite a few.

hey she's cool!

and of course game is region locked and import will cost ~100€

Just now, Shrimperor said:

hey she's cool!

and of course game is region locked and import will cost ~100€

I'm pretty sure the PS4 isn't region locked. Just make an account using Singapore or Hong Kong for your locaiton so you can browse the PSN in English.

The game also got a Switch release. No region lock there either.

It's also on Steam... but that does have region lock.... *goes to cry in a corner*

1 minute ago, Acacia Sgt said:

'm pretty sure the PS4 isn't region locked. Just make an account using Singapore or Hong Kong for your locaiton so you can browse the PSN in English.

The game also got a Switch release. No region lock there either.

Don't have a PS4, and switch import costs ~100€

Edited by Shrimperor

Just now, Shrimperor said:

Don't have a PS4, ans switch import costs ~100€

I'm pretty sure you can also get it digitally on Switch. Just make an account with an East Asia location.

More NoA2. I posted the boss music a little prematurely, since I only now actually reached said boss.
Introducing Sticky!
7eKvinn.jpg
A very silly name for a very imposing being. The fight begins with you running away from it through a tight corridor, Indiana Jones-style. And then you all plunge into an arena, where the real fight begins. Sticky is easier to fight that Joe at the beginning of the game. Its attacks don't hit as hard, and it doesn't have a lot of range despite its size. Its most dangerous attack is when it curls up and rolls around the arena, but it is relatively easy to dodge it. All in all, a relatively uneventful boss fight, despite its three health bars.
Though this might be connected to the fact that I did have Spora with me for this fight... and Spora's special skill was enough to take out one entire health bar on its own. Keep in mind, I am still playing on Extreme difficulty.
Hence, I will refrain from using Spora in any future boss battle, unless I see no other way to win it.
I swear the only thing that prevents Spora from completely breaking the game in half is that its ability costs one MP segment to use and your Servans only have so many to go around (Spora has five at the moment), so you can't exactly spam it with reckless abandon. MP refills on its own for Servans, yes, but the refilling is rather slow, so if you use up all of your Servans' MP during a boss fight, don't expect to use their special skills again for that battle.

Anyway, with Sticky's defeat, we are now in Chapter 5, and the next goal is to find the Moon Palace, where the Moon Queen resides. Camilla receives information from the Curia that there is a "Red Altar" located somewhere in Eurulm (the main town where the game takes place)... doesn't that sound familiar?
After all, in the first game, there was a Blue Altar, where the Saint was supposed to be sacrificed to keep the Nightlord sealed away (which turned out to be a hoax - the Blue Altar was in reality a gate that lead to the Wandering Arc, Nights of Azure's final dungeon).
Suspicious! Very suspicious!
Before that, I decided to take care of some quests first, one of which net me a new Servan: Alice.
6ilxnaL.jpg

Villainess the Servan, basically. XD
Alice can turn into a shield that is capable of reflecting projectiles. Sounds good on paper, but its very situational at best. And some projectiles can still hit you.

Edited by DragonFlames