Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

1 hour ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Which is a great game, as we all know, and now the wonder twins look to be pretty fine for a pair of anime teens.

These are the two Atelier characters those twins remind me of the most

unknown.png?width=398&height=644

unknown.png?width=438&height=645

See it's funny because these are also twins (but they are both girls whereas the Engage twins are a guy and a girl).

1 hour ago, Αυτοκράτορας των Γαρίδων said:

Camus archetype truly is the most stupid

I really appreciated Felix calling the whole archetype out in 3Houses.

13 minutes ago, Edelguardiansing said:

.So, what's Shadow Dragon DS like?

Inferior to FE3 Book 1.

• Replies 176.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Shrimpica

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

Hyperdimension Nep Rebirth 3 gameplay is superior to Megadimension. Currently replaying Rebrith 3 and the calculations for skills and damage is not done dumb like Megadimension.

Enemies arent constantly one rounded but fights dont last for hours either, which is good pacing for fights.

The stats feel more impactful as well.

2 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

As an aside, if I had to rank the major baddies of FE8, I think it would go: Lyon > Orson > Valter > Caellach > Selena > Riev > Fomortiis >>>>>>>>>>>>> Glen. Fuck me, what a waste Glen was.

Glen is a natural consequence of SS being overloaded with major bad guys despite its relative brevity. 5/6 of the Gemstone Generals, Orson, Lyon, and a Demon King, eight big baddies in a game that is 22-28 (factoring in the unique maps of the route split) chapters long.

Considering you never fight Glen, I question if he is even worth considering as a villain. He is more a non-antagonist, non-ally NPC that never gets the chance to make the serious choice of good or evil, since Valter bags him before that.

The idea of six elite enemy generals with nicknames is cool. But usually, when you do this kind of thing in Japanese entertainment, all or at least some of them end up being underdeveloped.

I'd also say you're overrating Riev, he is as throwaway a Gharnef as they come, with barely any backstory or distinctive personality. That's two bad Gemstones, and Selena... well she's better than Brunnya, who gives us zero explanation as to why she is so faithful to her male monarch. Morty might have a generic moniker, but he at least messes with Lyon and that's kinda good.

1 hour ago, Edelguardiansing said:

And that staff had an over 50& chance to hit my most nimble unit.

And it lasts for 4 turns.

First, bring two C-rank staff users if you can, so if one gets Silenced the other can Restore them. Second, do as you did and ignore the chest room for later, no rush there. Third, your army starts split in two, but nothing says you have to keep it that way. Try shuffling one half of your army to the other side, remember the saying "divide and conquer" means divide the enemy, not yourself, there is power in numbers. I would advise moving everyone to the left if you do this, as Rennac will try to escape from the northwest stairs.

Edited by Interdimensional Observer

Xxso9GX.png

I love bosses that can make themselves invincible.

VVKNzHC.png

We did it. No Casualties.

Thank to the gods for save states because I would've gone insane otherwise.

CeYvGYY.png

I actually really like how the Fire Emblem is a separate entity in almost every game. It's this weird connection of all FE titles yet in each game it always plays a different role.

Well, actually now that I think about it, the role is pretty much the same, but the item and history is different.

zHwS7eq.png

Hooray for weapons some of my people can use actually because I've been much more strict with my team.

FL59T4y.png

And just like that, Ephraim's unique chapters are done! Scorched Sands will be a little different obviously but the unique maps have been completed. It's funny, despite the maps being more difficult than the ones in Eirika's route, Eirika's certainly felt longer to me.

I don't know if I'm going to go ahead and beat the game a second time but I'll at least go as far as I can to see certain units like general Amelia and summoner Ewan come about.

8 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

First, bring two C-rank staff users if you can, so if one gets Silenced the other can Restore them. Second, do as you did and ignore the chest room for later, no rush there. Third, your army starts split in two, but nothing says you have to keep it that way. Try shuffling one half of your army to the other side, remember the saying "divide and conquer" means divide the enemy, not yourself, there is power in numbers. I would advise moving everyone to the left if you do this, as Rennac will try to escape from the northwest stairs.

That is such a well thought out strategy.

I just came up with the plan to lock Joshua in a room and have him kill all the dark mages while we did the rest of the map.

Edited by Edelguardiansing

25 minutes ago, Edelguardiansing said:

I don't know if I'm going to go ahead and beat the game a second time but I'll at least go as far as I can to see certain units like general Amelia and summoner Ewan come about.

I would definitely recommending playing to the end. It's after the reunion that the real Ephraim experience starts. 

Edited by BrightBow

I just had a mental jump about Engage.

Imagine if we got Three weapon triangles (SLA, Bow, Brawl and Hidden Weapons if it showed up and Magic in a triangle as well.) and they then have a minor weapon triangle themselves. So a Triangle of the three triangles.

The Weapon Triforce if you will.

2 hours ago, Edelguardiansing said:

gKyuZ7w.png

So when it says "Sends enemies into a berserk" what does that me-

u5ZmUec.png

Oh.

Seems your luck is as bad as mine with those things. Although I will note that staff avoid is based on Resistance, not speed, so he probably wasn't your best staff dodger. Although the best way to deal with that is to go out of the map (or look in the convoy) for some Restore staves, and use those to counter the Berserk status. Ideally you have three units with C rank staves to use them, that way it is impossible for those bastards to berserk every unit capable of restoring it in a single turn (even when one of those units is incapable of using weapons, and there is no reason to berserk them except to prevent restore...fuckers), but you might be able to make do with less if you aren't as cursed as I was on my ironman runs of this map...

although looking at the next page it looks like this advice came too late. eh, I have already written it out

52 minutes ago, Edelguardiansing said:

I actually really like how the Fire Emblem is a separate entity in almost every game. It's this weird connection of all FE titles yet in each game it always plays a different role.

Well, actually now that I think about it, the role is pretty much the same, but the item and history is different.

It does change a fair bit, with its prominence in the story fluctuating a lot. Heck the Jugdral version is only mention in optional dialogue from part of Genealogy's ending...

53 minutes ago, Edelguardiansing said:

The story is a bit different (people often like to gush about Lyon being a different character on Ephraim's version), and quite a few of the maps have very minor differences (like different deployment slots, mirroring the enemies on one of the maps), so who knows, those small differences might be enough to hold your interest to the end.

11 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Slovenia being the most economically developed part of the country might go back to it being part of the Austro-Hungarian Empire, neighboring the Austrian core. I don't actually remember why.

Late response so you might've already looked it up, but for the record it'd also help that the regions that today compose Slovenia were also part of the main crownlands of the Habsburgs, plus being their only direct access to the Adriatic Sea. Since Croatia-Dalmatia were part of Hungary and specially after they lost the Lombardo-Veneto they only had Slovenia left. So there was incentive to develop it, plus not facing as much obstacles to do so, in contrast to the Hungarian lands. Since the Magyar Elite were usually the main thorn to whatever plans Austria had. Specially after the enactment of the Dual-Monarchy, since they wanted to remain as the only ones that were "first among equals" with the Austro-Germans. They were also the reason the deal to buy Western Sahara from Spain failed too.

1 hour ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

I'd also say you're overrating Riev, he is as throwaway a Gharnef as they come, with barely any backstory or distinctive personality. That's two bad Gemstones, and Selena... well she's better than Brunnya, who gives us zero explanation as to why she is so faithful to her male monarch. Morty might have a generic moniker, but he at least messes with Lyon and that's kinda good.

I'm pretty sure it's also implied she loves Zephiel. So not that much different from Selena.

FdoIhKKWQAM69w1?format=jpg&name=large

Majora's Mask, A Link Between Worlds and Wind Waker are not on this list because i beat them recently. 

The only logic to the order here is wanting to alternate between 3D and 2D Zelda, other than that, there's no real rhyme or reason.

Seriously, IS should totally just do Dunbine but FE.

Wait... *flashbacks of fighting Aura Battlers in SRW* On second thought...

Edited by Acacia Sgt

1 hour ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Late response so you might've already looked it up, but for the record it'd also help that the regions that today compose Slovenia were also part of the main crownlands of the Habsburgs, plus being their only direct access to the Adriatic Sea. Since Croatia-Dalmatia were part of Hungary and specially after they lost the Lombardo-Veneto they only had Slovenia left. So there was incentive to develop it, plus not facing as much obstacles to do so, in contrast to the Hungarian lands. Since the Magyar Elite were usually the main thorn to whatever plans Austria had. Specially after the enactment of the Dual-Monarchy, since they wanted to remain as the only ones that were "first among equals" with the Austro-Germans. They were also the reason the deal to buy Western Sahara from Spain failed too.

Thank you!😃

As for the Magyar nobility, I'm decidedly pro-Habsburg. I'd offer my sympathies in select instances- IIRC, they overwhelmingly went Protestant prior to the 30 Years' War, only for the firm Habsburg commitment to Catholic subjects to force them to reconvert. Generally speaking though, they saved Maria Theresa's entire empire once. That did not give them the right to be an ulcer for all her descendants!

Supposedly I heard once in college or something that it wasn't so much the Hungarian magnates that were the biggest problem for the Habsburgs. If so, probably because the status quo let them accrue so much power and wealth. It was the lesser members of the Magyar nobility who griped the most, enough power for a political voice, not enough to feel content and secure.

I'm pretty sure it's also implied she loves Zephiel. So not that much different from Selena.

I get that there is love, but with Selena, she explains the events that led to that love, I like that. Brunnya doesn't provide any personal details as to why she is loyal, all we can go on is the general public adoration Zeph had.

He's the leader of the bunch, you know him well...

...he's finally back, to-kick-some-tail!🎵

I grew up on the N64, and I never finished it (and doing so nowadays I'm told is tricky b/c some minigames and modern tech processing them too fast), but DK64 was in my early childhood. I heard the DK Rap plenty of times, as silly as the whole thing seems in retrospect. My personal N64 was a gift for Christmas when I was... 4? It was the special green N64 variant they bundled the game with, and I had the banana-colored controller- yellow with brown tips to make it look like a three-bananas bunch. (The blue & yellow Hey You Pikachu! console at my grandparents' house was cooler though.)

11 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Thank you!😃

As for the Magyar nobility, I'm decidedly pro-Habsburg. I'd offer my sympathies in select instances- IIRC, they overwhelmingly went Protestant prior to the 30 Years' War, only for the firm Habsburg commitment to Catholic subjects to force them to reconvert. Generally speaking though, they saved Maria Theresa's entire empire once. That did not give them the right to be an ulcer for all her descendants!

Supposedly I heard once in college or something that it wasn't so much the Hungarian magnates that were the biggest problem for the Habsburgs. If so, probably because the status quo let them accrue so much power and wealth. It was the lesser members of the Magyar nobility who griped the most, enough power for a political voice, not enough to feel content and secure.

I suppose it's a tale as old as time. Once a group gets power... they'll covet it to themselves, and wouldn't be keen to share it.

I get that there is love, but with Selena, she explains the events that led to that love, I like that. Brunnya doesn't provide any personal details as to why she is loyal, all we can go on is the general public adoration Zeph had.

I suppose. As far as "Camus Role loves the Antagonist", Brunnya does come short compared to the likes of Selena and Ishtar.

...he's finally back, to-kick-some-tail!🎵

I grew up on the N64, and I never finished it (and doing so nowadays I'm told is tricky b/c some minigames and modern tech processing them too fast), but DK64 was in my early childhood. I heard the DK Rap plenty of times, as silly as the whole thing seems in retrospect. My personal N64 was a gift for Christmas when I was... 4? It was the special green N64 variant they bundled the game with, and I had the banana-colored controller- yellow with brown tips to make it look like a three-bananas bunch. (The blue & yellow Hey You Pikachu! console at my grandparents' house was cooler though.)

I played it a few times myself thanks to my cousin's N64, but never got to do a full playthrough sad to say.

Edited by Acacia Sgt

8 hours ago, Αυτοκράτορας των Γαρίδων said:

tbf Lyon is a top tier FE villain

One of the best. Defo Top 3 FE

Preach.

Also did i really need to put the /s in there xD

Hey, I like a nice discussion from time to time. I'll take any excuse, /s or no /s.

I wonder how newbies reaction on Reinhardt will be

and Ishtar as well. They are massively popular in FEH, after all. Wonder how they feel after seeing them work with child murdering dragon satan

To be fair, there really isn't much of a reaction to be had with Reinhardt. He has three scenes. One of them has him yelling at a throwaway, the second has him listen to the legitimately good character Saias talk, and the last is him going "no my sister that I supposedly love, I will not join the side that doesn't conduct child hunts in which you, my sister that I supposedly love, stand. I will instead continue to serve the country that conducts child hunts, because contrary to popular belief, at no point of my two scenes have I expressed that I have any problems with the child hunts. It's you who said it, not me. Now take this sword designed to kill me and kill me, except you won't because I'm overpowered and-- hey is that the prince of Leonster at the castle gates? Whoops better disappear."

As for Ishtar... Honestly, I felt she was super barebones. She has even less time than Brunnya somehow. Barely more than a recurring generic boss in Genealogy, and the whole "killing competition" stuff made it a bit hard for me to buy her as tragic. But then, I didn't get the feel that Genealogy developed much of anyone. It doesn't focus much on its characters.

7 hours ago, Edelguardiansing said:

fWJmsBO.png

Yay.

You can buy a piece of gum with that!

k4uqxUM.png

She's murdered hundreds.

Yeah but hear me out. She's pretty. Every FE fan know that you have a right to concessions if you're pretty.

oOJ2we7.png

Classic scholarly papers.

Ephraim dumm dumm.

z853xvG.png

Alright attempt number two on this guy's life.

I wish Rennac was cooler than he is. He is Carcino's only playable, after all.

u5ZmUec.png

Oh.

Nooooooooooo why, Quetzal, why? Why the Boulder again?

Also speed doesn't matter to dodge staves, if I recall correctly.

...So, what's Shadow Dragon DS like?

Uhhhhh

Stick with normal. You do not want to experience the first three bosses on hard mode.

7 hours ago, Armagon said:

These are the two Atelier characters those twins remind me of the most

unknown.png?width=398&height=644

unknown.png?width=438&height=645

See it's funny because these are also twins (but they are both girls whereas the Engage twins are a guy and a girl).

I am so happy for them.

...wait, is that double guns? I thought that was a wholesome, lighthearted series, what is loli Max Payne doing there?

6 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Glen is a natural consequence of SS being overloaded with major bad guys despite its relative brevity. 5/6 of the Gemstone Generals, Orson, Lyon, and a Demon King, eight big baddies in a game that is 22-28 (factoring in the unique maps of the route split) chapters long.

Considering you never fight Glen, I question if he is even worth considering as a villain. He is more a non-antagonist, non-ally NPC that never gets the chance to make the serious choice of good or evil, since Valter bags him before that.

The idea of six elite enemy generals with nicknames is cool. But usually, when you do this kind of thing in Japanese entertainment, all or at least some of them end up being underdeveloped.

Yeah, pretty much.

Honestly, I think Glen should've joined. There is only one wyvern rider in the game, which means only one wyvern lord. It's even rarer than the intentionally exotic summoner! And he serves zero purpose as it is, so really, why not? You could still have Valter convince Cormag his brother is dead, and Glen would've gotten some much needed screentime in supports. Could've made a cute Eirika ship, even.

Brunnya I'd say is the exact same "fool in love" concept, but she has 30 seconds of screentime, some of which is route exclusive to boot, so it falls flat even harder.

Riev... Eh, I probably am overrating him, but I'll admit, I've always been fond of the concept of a proper bishop who got excommunicted and turned bad while keeping the title and light magic. Not to mention his overt grudge against Mansel. It all gives him some depth other Gharnefs tend not to have. And he is a lot more involved than other Gharnefs, he spends the entire game running around and messing with everyone.

6 hours ago, Edelguardiansing said:

don't know if I'm going to go ahead and beat the game a second time but I'll at least go as far as I can to see certain units like general Amelia and summoner Ewan come about.

As Brightbow has said, please do it. There is a reason Lyon is so highly regarded, and it's not Eirika's route.

5 hours ago, Punished Dayni said:

I just had a mental jump about Engage.

Imagine if we got Three weapon triangles (SLA, Bow, Brawl and Hidden Weapons if it showed up and Magic in a triangle as well.) and they then have a minor weapon triangle themselves. So a Triangle of the three triangles.

The Weapon Triforce if you will.

I read the word triforce and it just brought King Harkinian to mind.

Just thought I'd tell you.

Edited by Saint Rubenio

But then, I didn't get the feel that Genealogy developed much of anyone. It doesn't focus much on its characters.

I feel it's much more a Gen 2 problem. They were so so much weaker than Gen 1. Gen 2 story is also your typical evil dragon/cult story.

Since FE4 was my 2nd FE after Fates, Loptyr to me was always "Beta Anankos" xD

7 hours ago, BrightBow said:

I would definitely recommending playing to the end. It's after the reunion that the real Ephraim experience starts. 

Alright, the council has been heard. I shall play till the demon king.

That Shadow Dragon DS copy is looking mighty tasty however so I'll do it quickly.

6 hours ago, Eltosian Kadath said:

Seems your luck is as bad as mine with those things. Although I will note that staff avoid is based on Resistance, not speed, so he probably wasn't your best staff dodger. Although the best way to deal with that is to go out of the map (or look in the convoy) for some Restore staves, and use those to counter the Berserk status. Ideally you have three units with C rank staves to use them, that way it is impossible for those bastards to berserk every unit capable of restoring it in a single turn (even when one of those units is incapable of using weapons, and there is no reason to berserk them except to prevent restore...fuckers), but you might be able to make do with less if you aren't as cursed as I was on my ironman runs of this map...

although looking at the next page it looks like this advice came too late. eh, I have already written it out

Restore staves, and honestly most support staves are a thing that I always forget about.

6 hours ago, Eltosian Kadath said:

It does change a fair bit, with its prominence in the story fluctuating a lot. Heck the Jugdral version is only mention in optional dialogue from part of Genealogy's ending..

At least in the games I've played so far, the Fire Emblem itself has more or less served the same purposes as the magical macguffin that is needed to kill the big bad dragon at the end of the game.

Sometimes it's a shield, sometimes it's a sword, and here it's a stone.

Yeah but hear me out. She's pretty. Every FE fan know that you have a right to concessions if you're pretty.

I mean most Fire Emblem characters aren't innocent. It's honestly hilarious reading Kana's supports with her mother talking about not killing flowers knowing full well that Kana has brutally killed dozens of enemy soldiers.

I haven't played enough of these games but so far the only time the idea of war being murder both for the enemies and for the good guys was the short conversation between Owain and Inigo in a DLC conversation, and Corrin being super angsty about killing people in Conquest.

...Of course in Birthright, Corrin is perfectly fine with inflecting huge massacres on the Nohrian population.

But hey I agree with you, Selena is very handsome.

It's kind of funny, I came into this game expecting a bunch of sexism to make fun of and instead I ended up gushing over all the strong willed female characters.

Nooooooooooo why, Quetzal, why? Why the Boulder again?

Worry not, I time traveled back a few turns and saved him from a deranged Joshua.

Uhhhhh

Stick with normal. You do not want to experience the first three bosses on hard mode.

I got over 10 people killed on one of the easiest titles in the franchise on the easiest difficulty, do I look like a person who would play Fire Emblem on any difficulty above the lowest on their first run?

Possibly, I'll probably do that for the other Three Houses routes.

I mean most Fire Emblem characters aren't innocent. It's honestly hilarious reading Kana's supports with her mother talking about not killing flowers knowing full well that Kana has brutally killed dozens of enemy soldiers.

I haven't played enough of these games but so far the only time the idea of war being murder both for the enemies and for the good guys was the short conversation between Owain and Inigo in a DLC conversation, and Corrin being super angsty about killing people in Conquest.

...Of course in Birthright, Corrin is perfectly fine with inflecting huge massacres on the Nohrian population.

It's okay if they're ugly. Such is the FE spirit.

It's kind of funny, I came into this game expecting a bunch of sexism to make fun of and instead I ended up gushing over all the strong willed female characters.

Haha, nah. That's Echoes