Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

5 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

eck, the ones coming to save her are a man and a woman, even, neither of whom are romantically interested in her.

VS3 will canon'ify 3some just you wait

• Replies 176.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Shrimpica

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

I'd say, that fanfic idea I mentioned days ago certainly still doesn't let its grip of me go, heh. Maybe since it'd be actually about something different than ~95% the stuff I've been writing for three years now. So okay, I'll indulge this desire to write something different then. That said, the idea would be for a Three Houses fanfic, and I've always had reservations since I never felt confident enough to start one. Due to not owning the game to see things well enough for myself. Videos, the wikis, and what SF logs helps, but I held back still. Perhaps I should not anymore.

That said, one thing I am still conscious about is being able to describe scenes well, since I feel that with having whole or at least mostly done 3D environments of places like Garreg Mach, it nags me to stick to accuracy unless I were to really do an overhaul of the place for the sake of the story. But I don't feel this one idea is one of those. So in not owning the game and not finding watching videos satisfactory enough... well, guess it's time to look up uploaded ripped models and see if I can work with that too.

2 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

one thing I am still conscious about is being able to describe scenes well

NGL always the hardest part to write for me tbh.

Also always the parts i usually like to read the last. That and describing outfits in half a page

Just now, Αυτοκράτορας των Γαρίδων said:

NGL always the hardest part to write for me tbh.

Also always the parts i usually like to read the last. That and describing outfits in half a page

Haha, I too had to deal if I go on to describe things like outfits with paragraphs, plural. XD

But at least with stuff that's not something we get to see properly, or uses like a stock or generic image, then I feel fine taking liberties with it. Which is why something like Garreg Mach is... uh huh...

3 minutes ago, Armagon said:

He also said something about "the women in my games are my ideal woman" or some shit, which is kinda sus when you consider how women in his games are usually treated.

Kaga was amogus all along

Spoiler

Plum being an ideal woman is mega suspect.

3 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Cause Echoes turns a game that had like 15 lines of dialogue into a full length RPG which meant that the sus moments from the original are now expanded upon, which means everyone lost.

They still could have visually presented these things better and not made some of the additions they did make.

5 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

or its worth, here's a translation on the subject:

https://garmtranslations.wordpress.com/2019/02/13/fire-emblem-genealogy-of-the-holy-war-fan-special-roundtable-discussion/

Kaga’s comment: I like strong women, but not just in the romantic sense; I like determined women with a clear goal in mind. For the ‘Fire Emblem’ series, that might include characters like Minerva, Ayra, and Altena…reliable women, basically.
However, even though gentle, graceful characters like Edain may seem delicate, they are in no way weak.
That’s true for every character as well. Although I wrote each character differently to distinguish them from each other, I also wrote them with my own view of women in mind.
I don’t see any appeal in the Kogals you see around in recent times. Although Silvia starts off as that type of person, she gradually changes over the story. As the environment she’s in changes, I wanted her to change along with it as well.

So, reading the note on Kogals (which were a fashion subculture around high school uniforms of the time, there's a wikipedia about it linked in the article) with this sentence, I'm reading it that he wrote Sylvia as one of these stereotypes before she changes, likely with a pairing as a factor in that.

Don't know if that interpretation helps.

1 minute ago, Armagon said:

The game just started and we already have to rescue a damsel.

Did he just outspeed Gaiden?

Maybe not on time taken but that's just because of how Gaiden maps work, but I don't know how long VS2 takes to get to C2 do I?

1 hour ago, Saint Rubenio said:

If it's any consolation, Berwick Saga is okay in this regard. In fact, you know the redhead knight you fell in love at first sight with? I would go as far as to call her Kaga's best female character. She's so good. He even managed to give her a romance without taking away all of her autonomy and character! Imagine that! She never gets kidnapped!!!

The amount of excitement over a Kaga woman that doesn't get kidnapped tells me the bar must be really low

Joking aside, I think I'm going to get the Kaga sagas when I get off of work today. Just tell me what they are and how to get them and it'll be updated.

1 hour ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Hilda don't be a piece of shit challenge (impossible)

Hilda was one of those characters I saw get a lot love from the community. Imagine my disappointment when I learned she was just another continuation of the FE "Annoyingly cis pigtailed woman" trope.

To be fair I haven't seen all of her supports, and I do like Severa because of the arc she goes through in her supports despite following the same trope.

12 minutes ago, Edelguardiansing said:

The amount of excitement over a Kaga woman that doesn't get kidnapped tells me the bar must be really low

Oh how I wish I could tell you otherwise.

But no really, Berwick girls are great. Mostly. There's a couple teeny tiny snags, but Sylvis's existence more than makes up for them.

Joking aside, I think I'm going to get the Kaga sagas when I get off of work today. Just tell me what they are and how to get them and it'll be updated.

TearRing Saga is on PS1. I cannot help you with obtaining the ROM, but you'll want this translation patch.

Berwick Saga is on PS2. Same deal, this is the translation.

Vestaria Saga I and II are games made on SRPGStudio for PC. Both have been officially localized. They can both be found on Steam.

Hilda was one of those characters I saw get a lot love from the community. Imagine my disappointment when I learned she was just another continuation of the FE "Annoyingly cis pigtailed woman" trope.

There are two very specific reasons for all the love she gets.

I let her die. Then I had to quit on Reunion at Dawn because I didn't give my starting class enough preferential treatment.

Thanks, Three Houses.

Edited by Saint Rubenio

6 minutes ago, Edelguardiansing said:

First there is TearRing Saga, a Japanese Playstation game you will probably need to emulate and add a translation patch to play

Fairly certain this is the most updated translation patch to it.

Next there is Berwick Saga, a Japanese Playstation 2 game you will probably need to emulate and add a translation patch to play

Fairly certain this is the most up to date translation patch available.

The last two are Vestaria Saga 1, and Vestaria Saga 2, both are available for $19.99 on Steam

Kaga fans with all the links when someone expresses even the slightest hint of interest about the games:

1 minute ago, Αυτοκράτορας των Γαρίδων said:

"teeny tiny"

Well, by Kaga standards maybe XD

Let me have this, would you? The game has Sylvis and Alvina.

Edited by Saint Rubenio

Just now, Αυτοκράτορας των Γαρίδων said:

Do you still have that Simpette pic

The one you made XD

You'll have to be a bit more specific than that. But I probably do, I keep all my memes in a folder.

Man i love Anna's crit qoutes in Fates

"Slashing more than prices!"

"Right to refuse service!"

2 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

You'll have to be a bit more specific than that. But I probably do, I keep all my memes in a folder.

Simpette in chains meme

Sigh...Malenia, the undefeated swordwoman is a tough nut to crack, and her healing is very demoralizing. Hopefully this doesn't take too many days...weeks...please don't let it take months...

1 minute ago, Capt. Fargus said:

Ch 21 of Binding Blade... my god. 😳 That horde of wyvern lords didnt wanna end

Didn't avoid the reinforcement zones I take it. Did you spend every penny on boots from the secret shop?

10 hours ago, Armagon said:

No, you said why don't they make another Marth sequel. That's the point I'm arguing. If you want to talk generally, that's a whole other thing. Cause Awakening exists and that's a distant sequel to Mystery. And then Judgral is a distant prequel.

thats why im using radiant dawn as example. because as much as Ike not promoted as the game actual protag, he's still a prominent character, and basically the protagonist too halfway in the game. nothing like "secondary character" have to deliver the killing blow for final boss both in gameplay and cutscene afaik in FE.  so its still Ike story sequel.

basically asking sequel where "actual" marth is part of the story. not pseudo/impostor/spirit/descendant marth

Edited by joevar

Just now, Eltosian Kadath said:

Sigh...Malenia, the undefeated swordwoman is a tough nut to crack, and her healing is very demoralizing. Hopefully this doesn't take too many days...weeks...please don't let it take months...

Didn't avoid the reinforcement zones I take it. Did you spend every penny on boots from the secret shop?

Nah... I figured Id probably need the points from the kills anyway since my gang is all still in single digits level wise except for my valkyries and bishops.. But dayum... I wasnt expectin all that. Lol