Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

1 minute ago, Acacia Sgt said:

I'm reminded of that one thread about splitting up the party recruits. I remember doing a list of where I would put who... including the pre-split party.

With only a few tweaks, I'd turn it into another "for fanfics" log material.

I've seen a few of those discussions. People tend to agree that Franz, the Frelian trio and Joshua should go with Eirika. I've seen conflicting opinions for the rest, though.

• Replies 176k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Shrimpica

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

1 hour ago, Sooks said:

Trails from Zero let’s gooo.

Enjoy even though you haven’t met Rixia yet. Which version are you playing?

But I have met... er, interacted with Rixia twice already. You see her when you visit the Arc en Ciel building and afterwards at City Hall during the prologue.

I got it on Switch, when I played the other games on PC I had to dedicate an hour or so each day to playing them, but now I can play whenever I want. Though I don't want to go through it too quickly since I have to wait for Trails to Azure either way.

8 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

I've seen a few of those discussions. People tend to agree that Franz, the Frelian trio and Joshua should go with Eirika. I've seen conflicting opinions for the rest, though.

Admittedly, when I made my list for one of those discussions, I did put some thought on the gameplay elements too, but if we're going for just story reasons (which would be the ones I'd be using for anyway) I have a couple more things more settled there.

Some logical things like Colm and Neimi going with Eirika since I don't really see them being sent to war. Take out the stats and numbers, and they're just youths whose experience isn't really enough to be put on the frontlines when there are better candidates for that. So best for them to still stick with Eirika, whose mission isn't as dangerous (at first, anyway, but they couldn't predict that).

Or Garcia going with Ephraim since his experience as a retired war veteran would be more valuable to him than Eirika.

And so on.

Edited by Acacia Sgt

Just now, Lightchao42 said:

But I have met... er, interacted with Rixia twice already. You see her when you visit the Arc en Ciel building and afterwards at City Hall during the prologue.

I didn’t know you were that far already.

Or that those meetings happen so early. One of the two.

2 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Admittedly, when I made my list for one of those discussions, I did put some thought on the gameplay elements too, but if we're going for just story reasons (which would be the ones I'd be using for anyway) I have a couple more things more settled there.

Some logical things like Colm and Neimi going with Eirika since I don't really see them being sent to war. Take out the stats and numbers, and they're just youths whose experience isn't really enough to be put on the frontlines when there are better candidates for that. So best for them to still stick with Eirika, whose mission isn't as dangerous (at first, anyway, but they couldn't predict that).

Nobody expected the Spanish politician

To be fair, gameplay-wise Colm's going to be problematic no matter where you send him, just because there's only one of him. Both Eirika and Ephraim want a thief, but only one exists. Rennac is very late, both of the twins have chapters with chests, doors and stealables well before he is recruited. Even rushing Josh or Marisa to promotion wouldn't be a complete fix, since assassins cannot steal.

2 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Or Garcia going with Ephraim since his experience as a retired war veteran would be more valuable to him than Eirika.

This does make sense. Adding on to that, I imagine he'd absolutely refuse to take his son along to war, so Ross would go with Eirika and be very upset about it. Then they could have a convo in the desert where Ross is like "look dad, I'm big and strong now" even though he probably just hit the bench

Artur and Lute... I'm not so sure about them. Artur was stated to have been given the mission to take care of monsters by the temple, so even though he doesn't immediately look like the "going to war" kind, he might do it still to find out more about the fiends. Lute would probably go with him.

Natasha goes to Grado. Definitely.

And that leaves us with Forde, Kyle and Seth. I can see the twins still doing the "retainer trade" they do in vanilla. It's just there because of gameplay in vanilla, but it's in-character for them both, and Eirika is joined by Innes one chapter into her route, he can fulfill the role of "person the lord talks to who is immune to death" while Seth takes care of it on Ephraim's end.

1 minute ago, Αυτοκράτορας των Γαρίδων said:

XBC3 Major spoilers

Too wholesome & cute ❤️

"Too wholesome & cute heart"

Twit gives a content warning before you are allowed to see it

11 hours ago, Benice said:

Lee's face.

It's the onlee option.

I didn't find it immediately but this is a good image.

latest?cb=20101023035352

If I could find a transparent one though, that would be perfect.

9 hours ago, Punished Dayni said:

That one's pretty good. I fuckin' love arm bandage wraps.

9 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

5xZJSb49_o.png

That's a good image but it wouldn't be distinguishable as a teeny tiny icon unfortunately.

Also I'm looking for replacements on Thracia's, MoTE, and Gaiden's icons if you folks have any good suggestions for that, as well as new ones for PoR and RD that I'm getting as well.

2 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Nobody expected the Spanish politician

To be fair, gameplay-wise Colm's going to be problematic no matter where you send him, just because there's only one of him. Both Eirika and Ephraim want a thief, but only one exists. Rennac is very late, both of the twins have chapters with chests, doors and stealables well before he is recruited. Even rushing Josh or Marisa to promotion wouldn't be a complete fix, since assassins cannot steal.

To be fair, it'd only perhaps be a problem in Ephraim's route for Fort Rigwald. Ship fog can be dealt with torches... and maybe buying a Torch staff beforehand. For Grado Keep I actually put Rennac there. Farthest he ever got from L'Arachel, who was in Eirika's route due to her Chapter 13. Yes, she wouldn't do the "head the wrong way" for my version.

Yeah, stealing items would still be a problem, but story wise I wouldn't worry too much. Even for gameplay... well, that's why people add more characters to hacks, I suppose. Specially for the kind you're making, since you need to pad the roster if you're splitting the existing party up.

This does make sense. Adding on to that, I imagine he'd absolutely refuse to take his son along to war, so Ross would go with Eirika and be very upset about it. Then they could have a convo in the desert where Ross is like "look dad, I'm big and strong now" even though he probably just hit the bench

That's also what I did. Split them up so both siblings have an axe user... but also because Garcia would definitely not want to see his son go to war with him. Yes, so far he's proven himself capable, but that was only fighting small groups of soldiers and monsters. Not a bonified war between two countries' forces. Thus, Garcia tells him to keep protecting Eirika, as it's considered safe enough, and should trouble rise... well, it wasn't thought to be too bad in comparison.

And yeah, would be a good story-plot for them to reunite and Garcia note how much he has grown.

Artur and Lute... I'm not so sure about them. Artur was stated to have been given the mission to take care of monsters by the temple, so even though he doesn't immediately look like the "going to war" kind, he might do it still to find out more about the fiends. Lute would probably go with him.

I kept them with Eirika, since I don't really see them also being drafted to war either. Of course, I could actually change this stance since their mission is related to the monsters, and it has been stated that many of them have been crawling out of Grado. So they join the war not because they want to fight in it, but because their mission requires it for them to join.

Natasha goes to Grado. Definitely.

Ditto for this, basically. Her mission requires to return to Grado. Though with how I set things up, it also pains me to separate her and Joshua up, even if it makes more sense that way, hahaha. But then, that's just the shipper in me talking. XD But well, still workable.

And that leaves us with Forde, Kyle and Seth. I can see the twins still doing the "retainer trade" they do in vanilla. It's just there because of gameplay in vanilla, but it's in-character for them both, and Eirika is joined by Innes one chapter into her route, he can fulfill the role of "person the lord talks to who is immune to death" while Seth takes care of it on Ephraim's end.

The duo remaining with Ephraim definitely. I was thinking Seth actually sticking with Eirika. This is what happens in-game on Ephraim's orders in his route, if I recall, but she refused. But for this I'd make it so anyway.

Doesn't matter outside hacks, but when it comes to giving Ephraim a "person to talk to", I was actually thinking on Tana. Due to how I did the split, just about every royal but him was going with Eirika, so I decided to throw Tana the other way. In his route, he does have a talk convo with her in Rausten, like how Eirika talks to L'Arachel. So I figured, "might as well".

4 minutes ago, Edelguardiansing said:

latest?cb=20101023035352

Is that Wrys' son?

7 minutes ago, Edelguardiansing said:

latest?cb=20101023035352

I'll whip you one up in a minute.

7 minutes ago, Edelguardiansing said:

That one's pretty good. I fuckin' love arm bandage wraps.

Shigen is one of the best and more major TRS character, so he'd be a great pick. I can get you a transparent version and you choose which one you like best.

5 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

To be fair, it'd only perhaps be a problem in Ephraim's route for Fort Rigwald. Ship fog can be dealt with torches... and maybe buying a Torch staff beforehand. For Grado Keep I actually put Rennac there. Farthest he ever got from L'Arachel, who was in Eirika's route due to her Chapter 13. Yes, she wouldn't do the "head the wrong way" for my version.

Yeah, stealing items would still be a problem, but story wise I wouldn't worry too much. Even for gameplay... well, that's why people add more characters to hacks, I suppose. Specially for the kind you're making, since you need to pad the roster if you're splitting the existing party up.

To be fair, I've pretty much thrown caution to the wind, haha. Most people would figure something else out. The existing route fusion hack... I believe it just gave Colm to Eirika and then gave plenty of keys to Ephraim and removed his stealables. It works.

I kept them with Eirika, since I don't really see them also being drafted to war either. Of course, I could actually change this stance since their mission is related to the monsters, and it has been stated that many of them have been crawling out of Grado. So they join the war not because they want to fight in it, but because their mission requires it for them to join.

Yeah, that's what I'm saying.

Ditto for this, basically. Her mission requires to return to Grado. Though with how I set things up, it also pains me to separate her and Joshua up, even if it makes more sense that way, hahaha. But then, that's just the shipper in me talking. XD But well, still workable.

The route fusion patch actually sent Josh with Ephraim because of this lol. The creator eventually released an alternate patch where Garcia goes with Eph instead, because everyone got up in arms about the lack of Joshua in the Joshua route haha. And Eph had no axes until Duessel, so there's that.

The duo remaining with Ephraim definitely. I was thinking Seth actually sticking with Eirika. This is what happens in-game on Ephraim's orders in his route, if I recall, but she refused. But for this I'd make it so anyway.

Doesn't matter outside hacks, but when it comes to giving Ephraim a "person to talk to", I was actually thinking on Tana. Due to how I did the split, just about every royal but him was going with Eirika, so I decided to throw Tana the other way. In his route, he does have a talk convo with her in Rausten, like how Eirika talks to L'Arachel. So I figured, "might as well".

Yeah, I'd say Tana works.

6 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Is that Wrys' son?

Hey, TRS WAS originally planned to be an Archanea game...

11 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

To be fair, I've pretty much thrown caution to the wind, haha. Most people would figure something else out. The existing route fusion hack... I believe it just gave Colm to Eirika and then gave plenty of keys to Ephraim and removed his stealables. It works.

That's also another way to do it, heh.

11 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

The route fusion patch actually sent Josh with Ephraim because of this lol. The creator eventually released an alternate patch where Garcia goes with Eph instead, because everyone got up in arms about the lack of Joshua in the Joshua route haha. And Eph had no axes until Duessel, so there's that.

Oh, really? That's... huh. On a similar subject, how curious that despite the events at Jehanna Hall, Joshua is prone to die. But well, I suppose it can lead to the tragic case of Ismaire dying without knowing she actually outlived her son. Not the kind of thing you see often in FE by default since resetting on death is possible and many do it anyway... but just the fact it can happen is still a neat detail.

Hey, TRS WAS originally planned to be an Archanea game...

Haha, I know.

Edited by Acacia Sgt

@Edelguardiansing

LYZhrhKR_o.png

It looks okay on a white background. Otherwise it's pretty awful, but it's the best I could do, if you want to use it.

12 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Oh, really? That's... huh. On a similar subject, how curious that despite the events at Jehanna Hall, Joshua is prone to die. But well, I suppose it can lead to the tragic case of Ismaire dying without knowing she actually outlived her son. Not the kind of thing you see often in FE by default since resetting on death is possible and many do it anyway... but just the fact it can happen is still a neat detail.

If anything, there should be more stuff like this. Of course, however, it takes quite a bit of effort to write branching paths for like, all the dialogue of the game.

But then, this is a relatively big game dev with the backing of frigging Nintendo, so

e1HYuc8.jpg

8U6IUyc.jpg

I can't believe Randy got destroyed by Ae-own-lia.

1 hour ago, Sooks said:

I didn’t know you were that far already.

Or that those meetings happen so early. One of the two.

I just met Grace at the tavern... where Rixia also is, incidentally enough.

All these obscure DP requirements remind me of the good old days of Trails in the Sky. Now I'm imagining Sara saying "What, you couldn't figure out how Crow made your 50 mira disappear? Good luck graduating with those observational skills, Rean."

I don't like working with Playstation emulators.

45 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

@Edelguardiansing

JNDYiH1T_o.png

Here's Lee. Shigen might take a little longer, his messy hair makes it horrible to make the image transparent.

26 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

@Edelguardiansing

LYZhrhKR_o.png

It looks okay on a white background. Otherwise it's pretty awful, but it's the best I could do, if you want to use it.

These are great, thank you. Luckily the image will be small enough so any scratches will be unnoticeable.

15 minutes ago, Edelguardiansing said:

I don't like working with Playstation emulators.

Which one are you using? Duckstation is pretty selfexplanatory. Mednafen... yeah, that one's hell to work with. If you got ePSXe, get another.

15 minutes ago, Edelguardiansing said:

These are great, thank you. Luckily the image will be small enough so any scratches will be unnoticeable.

You're welcome! Yeah, once resized to profile pic size, the damage should be easy enough to ignore.

3 hours ago, Αυτοκράτορας των Γαρίδων said:

I’m so glad that Shrimp-kun hasn’t lost his soul to the…NOOOOOOOOOO!!!

Edited by Sidereal Wraith

3 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Which one are you using? Duckstation is pretty selfexplanatory. Mednafen... yeah, that one's hell to work with. If you got ePSXe, get another.

I'm using Duckstation which is pretty clean but I'm struggling with the bios situation. The few I've downloaded aren't detected by the system it seems.

lcOWwK7.png

??????????

Charlotte gives S-support 8 STR???

(9 Here because Paladin skill)

I knew Zerker Pair ups were crazy, but i thought they were like 6 STR or so. Never have i seen a + 9 before XD

Edited by Αυτοκράτορας των Γαρίδων

Well, having audio for this was an improvement.

35 minutes ago, Edelguardiansing said:

I'm using Duckstation which is pretty clean but I'm struggling with the bios situation. The few I've downloaded aren't detected by the system it seems.

Is it looking in a particular directory? I'm assuming you can get it to look outside it from experience.

Which BIOS files do you have? I know SCPH-5000 should work for TRS.

1 hour ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Why was Garica with Eirika then?

4 minutes ago, Punished Dayni said:

Well, having audio for this was an improvement.

I can't tell if this image is satire or not.

4 minutes ago, Punished Dayni said:

Is it looking in a particular directory? I'm assuming you can get it to look outside it from experience.

Which BIOS files do you have? I know SCPH-5000 should work for TRS.

It's looking in the specific folder I made for the files in question, or at least it should be. SCPH1001 5500 5501 and 5502 are the bios I got, I'll try 5000 and see how that works out but I think the main problem is just duckstation not seeing the bios in general.

1 hour ago, Edelguardiansing said:

t's looking in the specific folder I made for the files in question, or at least it should be. SCPH1001 5500 5501 and 5502 are the bios I got, I'll try 5000 and see how that works out but I think the main problem is just duckstation not seeing the bios in general.

Not using PSXfin? isn't that the most "stable" PSX emulator?