Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

5 minutes ago, lightcosmo said:

Not using PSXfin? isn't that the most "stable" PSX emulator?

I gave that one a try actually, but when trying to open the game I was just met with a blank screen. That could definitely have been an issue with the rom though.

• Replies 176.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Shrimpica

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

So I've just been wasting some time making a new face that I don't need for no greater reason than I can.

npmnebXu_o.png

I'm... really unsure about the armor. I like the head, but that's probably because it's a simple splice of four faces made by an actual artist and then edited to look on the older side. Not much room to fuck up there.

2 hours ago, Edelguardiansing said:

I'm using Duckstation which is pretty clean but I'm struggling with the bios situation. The few I've downloaded aren't detected by the system it seems.

Oh dear...  That's odd. It recognizes mine fine. 5500, 5501 and 5502 are the ones I got in the folder, and it works.

1 hour ago, Punished Dayni said:

Why was Garica with Eirika then?

Garica

I don't think they really put much though into that one. He's not immediately obvious as a soldier, so he goes with Eirika.

4 minutes ago, lightcosmo said:

1 minute ago, Edelguardiansing said:

I gave that one a try actually, but when trying to open the game I was just met with a blank screen. That could definitely have been an issue with the rom though.

PSXfin? Whoa, I've not heard that name in my life. Heck, I can't even find an official-looking place to download it. How old is this?

6 minutes ago, lightcosmo said:

Apparently that's NA only so you might have to do some more tinkering to get TRS to work with it than just the BIOS.

Also, first time I've heard of it.

10 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Oh dear...  That's odd. It recognizes mine fine. 5500, 5501 and 5502 are the ones I got in the folder, and it works.

I tried testing it with a bog standard Crash Bandicoot rom to see if it was a rom issue and I still faced the same errors.

Either I'm using severely outdated guides on how to use this thing or my emulator is just fucked up.

14 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

PSXfin? Whoa, I've not heard that name in my life. Heck, I can't even find an official-looking place to download it. How old is this?

12 minutes ago, Punished Dayni said:

Also, first time I've heard of it.

Curious, it was one of the first things that popped up when searching "Playstation emulator.

13 minutes ago, Punished Dayni said:

Apparently that's NA only so you might have to do some more tinkering to get TRS to work with it than just the BIOS.

That would explain the blank screen, though even with my Crash Bandicoot rom it didn't seem to run all that well.

21 minutes ago, Edelguardiansing said:

Just tried TRS on it, works fine, so it's on your end.

12 minutes ago, Edelguardiansing said:

I tried testing it with a bog standard Crash Bandicoot rom to see if it was a rom issue and I still faced the same errors.

Something about BIOS files is that they're effectively PS1 firmware and that stuff has been made with region locks and all, so there's that if that's a factor.

Duckstation is nice enough to have icons next to the file if it works that indicate which at least. Do you get any options in the dropdown menu in the BIOS settings?

13 minutes ago, Edelguardiansing said:

That would explain the blank screen, though even with my Crash Bandicoot rom it didn't seem to run all that well.

So Crash worked on it.

12 minutes ago, lightcosmo said:

Just tried TRS on it, works fine, so it's on your end.

So you can change BIOS files in PSXfin?

And just when the portrait is about done and I already wrote a few scenes for her just for fun, I realized I actually do have a place where I can use that character. She won't be entirely superfluous.

Funny how that works out.

40 minutes ago, Punished Dayni said:

So Crash worked on it

He did say it didn't work so well.

Maybe it crashed.

Feel a strong urge to dropkick anyone who enters the clothing store and does not know what their sizes are. Like i figured this shit out when i was 12 but there are people like 10 years older than me walking into the store, completely clueless as to what their sizes are.

Like come the fuck on, if i'm gonna help you find an outfit, you gotta help me by giving me an idea of what it is i'm supposed to look for, otherwise i'm just gonna give you a 5X shirt and you'll just have to accept it.

Do not even get me started on suits.

18 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Feel a strong urge to dropkick anyone who enters the clothing store and does not know what their sizes are. Like i figured this shit out when i was 12 but there are people like 10 years older than me walking into the store, completely clueless as to what their sizes are.

Like come the fuck on, if i'm gonna help you find an outfit, you gotta help me by giving me an idea of what it is i'm supposed to look for, otherwise i'm just gonna give you a 5X shirt and you'll just have to accept it.

Do it! That mental image is hilarious! Xd

Seriously speaking, I dunno if it would bother me that much, i mean its a small thing to me so whatever but since you work there I could for sure understand that getting tiresome after awhile.

Are you ever honest with customers? Like: brutally honest? I assume no but I know some workers just cant deal with stressful situations that well.

2 hours ago, lightcosmo said:

I use OpenEmu. Only works for PS1 and PSP though, not PS2 or anything beyond that

Otherwise, aint had no trouble out of it and a PS4 controller syncs up to my laptop by wireless

10 minutes ago, lightcosmo said:

Do it! That mental image is hilarious! Xd

Seriously speaking, I dunno if it would bother me that much, i mean its a small thing to me so whatever but since you work there I could for sure understand that getting tiresome after awhile.

Are you ever honest with customers? Like: brutally honest? I assume no but I know some workers just cant deal with stressful situations that well.

Gotta do that sometimes in my job. I get house deliveries sometimes on my 18 wheeler and some of these people will demand that ONE guy pull the sun, the moon, and the stars and other assorted miracles outta his ass

”Whaddya mean you aint takin my 1000 lb gun safe up to the 3rd floor bedroom??”

Sorry.... we’re a freight line, not a safe moving company. That’s YOUR responsibility 🤨

FUCKKKK I MIGHT’VE JUST ABSOLUTELY MAJORLY SPOILED MYSELF ON COLD STEEL 3

Sort of. Maybe. The spoiler kinda doesn’t make sense, but also does at the same time? But still, god damnit.

Gunvolt 3's Old Capital Temple on Merciless Difficulty got hands bro. Played that stage three times and cannot even get S rank, let alone S+ (do not even think about S++).

1 hour ago, lightcosmo said:

I wish they would at least give me an estimate. Hell, tell me "small, medium, large" and i can figure it out because there is correlation.

Tell me "idk" and idk where your fingers will be when you leave the store.

Maybe i'm the crazy one but i feel like knowing at least an estimate of your sizes is like the simplest thing.

1 hour ago, lightcosmo said:

It only really gets stressful when i'm dealing with Latina moms and i really have to specify there because Hispanics make up 95% of the customer base.

There's Latina moms and then there's Latina moms and dealing with the latter is not fun.

Edited by Armagon

They should release it on May 12, 2023. 

2 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Oh yeah, I know that song.

I remember the first time i heard it, i was caught off guard by the sudden tonal shift that was followed by another one.

I don't actually listen to Spanish songs that much but i do like this one.

Having finished Trails from Zero's prologue, I like how each member of the SSS has a unique niche within the team. Lloyd is the detective, Elie is the negotiator, Tio is analytical and tech savvy, and Randy... is Randy.

The team is established pretty much immediately, so the whole prologue isn't about how they feel about their situation as with Class VII. You don't get too much detail about anyone's backstories either so I imagine they will be spread throughout the game (also like with Class VII, though some of the characters in Sky FC had to wait until SC for that).

Due to the oddity of me playing out of order, many of the features I was first exposed to in Cold Steel were introduced in this game (attacking in the field, countering after dodging attacks, characters having different cooking specialties, etc.). Obviously I was going to be introduced to those features one way or another so at least I'm already familiar with them.

This isn't really a spoiler but

Spoiler

back in the prerelease stage I didn't know if Wazy would even be in this game, it turns out he's briefly playable in the prologue. Since there are two dedicated slots for guest characters, there will probably be more of them than I expected.

1 hour ago, Armagon said:

I'm familiar with dealing with clueless customers, so it's a good thing I know my shirt size is... wait, what was it again?

Just kidding, of course I need to know my shirt size for when I'm looking at merchandise. There's a Godzilla trademark icon shirt that's pretty cool...

6 hours ago, Edelguardiansing said:

I don't like working with Playstation emulators.

I doubt this will help, but if you have an old PSP its surprisingly easy to get PS1 games working on them by converting them over to EBOOT files. The hardware can natively run PS1 games as long as you can get it into a file type the PSP will accept.

6 hours ago, Αυτοκράτορας των Γαρίδων said:

??????????

Charlotte gives S-support 8 STR???

(9 Here because Paladin skill)

I knew Zerker Pair ups were crazy, but i thought they were like 6 STR or so. Never have i seen a + 9 before XD

Charlotte's personal Stata bonuses are +3 STR and +2 SPD at S rank (+2 STR and +1 SPD at A rank). Its not all that surprising give those are her best stats, but it does contribute a lot towards people banishing her to the backpack zone despite her being a combat monster.

2 hours ago, Armagon said:

Vent away man, any work that involves interacting with the general public suck, because you have to interact with all types of people, but the worst always manage to drag it out into misery.

1 hour ago, Elina said:

: (

You doing OK?