Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

5 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Ayo that Mario trailer actually went hard. First time i went "damn this is King Bowser", which is kinda fucked up given the historic legacy this franchise had.

I mean, I dunno man, does Jack Black have a rocket launcher?

That's right, I'm still prattling about Mario XCOM 2 even in the wake of the Mario movie trailer. 'Cause Mario XCOM 2 remains the biggest thing to happen for the character in the last like five years.

• Replies 176k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Shrimpica

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

1 minute ago, Punished Dayni said:

Oh that's hot.

2 minutes ago, Punished Dayni said:

Also, what do you mean by ""damn this is King Bowser", which is kinda fucked up given the historic legacy this franchise had."?

Very likely due to the simplistic nature of the games but Bowser has never really felt like, well, a king. Even in the more narrative games, King Bowser wasn't really a thing.

So a short teaser from a Western company 35+ years into the history of the Mario franchise made Bowser more of a king than pretty much any of the games.

9 minutes ago, Punished Dayni said:

Meanwhile, are the Penguins from one of the games? Probably are actually.

Yes

Old_Man_Naming_Penguin.png

I doubt Mario and Luigi are from the "real" world since we know DK and Cranky Kong are in the movie, so Mario probably has previous history with them. They might originate from New Donk City or something to that effect.

18 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Chris Pratt's just doing his normal voice as Mario tho, that's so lame.

He is giving a little bit of the old Brooklyn accent which makes sense for the old Mario lore.

4 minutes ago, Eltosian Kadath said:

Good luck with the potential new research job.

Thanks!

Hopefully it works out....

Even if i am way too scared, i am trying to distract myself by Fates XD

1 hour ago, Punished Dayni said:

Went and watched The Thing.

...That does not exist.🙈🙉

Although if such a thing did exist, I can assure you, I would never watch nor listen to a nanosecond of it. For such imaginary ideas are inherently abominations, that the underlying metaphysical reality does not permit as they stand in total contradiction to the premise of gracious harmony in the universe.

4 hours ago, Imperator Squilla said:

I have an interview tomorrow and i am kinda blacking out lol

There is nothing wrong with having butterflies in your stomach. -Except why were you eating butterflies?🦋😛

When aren't people at least a little stressed about job interviews? When they're overconfident in their abilities? Whatever you feel is entirely normal and any good interviewer should take that in account. If they don't, well, such is the cruel nature of reality.

2 hours ago, Imperator Squilla said:

I usually silence the Entrap maid first turn before i clear the first room, but this time i used her to sneak in my whole army to the other side XD

I ponder what was going through that maid's mind. She watched as her comrades in the same room were being slaughtered, and despite that she kept teleporting in her enemies nonstop, never stopping to question why they had ignored her. 

24 minutes ago, Imperator Squilla said:

Done 😄

Soooo, how much peril will the Hallway to Hell be for you? Have you mastered it, or is luck still part of the equation?

16 minutes ago, Imperator Squilla said:

Even if i am way too scared, i am trying to distract myself by Fates XD

Well, at least you're trying to distract yourself. In my case, I'm more likely to think "I shouldn't play anything particularly fun, b/c I wouldn't want it to be retroactively marred by stuff I'm dreading that's coming up".

Edited by Interdimensional Observer

10 minutes ago, Capt. Fargus said:

Lyndis... or maybe Fir visiting New York? 😆

This swordie's from Genealogy.

This is the timeline where she's working security in the modern day.

1 minute ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Although if such a thing did exist, I can assure you, I would never watch nor listen to a nanosecond of it. For such imaginary ideas are inherently abominations, that the underlying metaphysical reality does not permit as they stand in total contradiction to the premise of gracious harmony in the universe.

Hey now, this isn't The Last Airbender levels so far.

Give it time to make more of those mistakes.

Like casting Chris Pratt

10 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

When aren't people at least a little stressed about job interviews? When they're overconfident in their abilities? Whatever you feel is entirely normal and any good interviewer should take that in account. If they don't, well, such is the cruel nature of reality

Talking with my friends, i should appear neither too stressfull, nor too carefull, nor too confident, but a little bit confidence is a must, also not be too slow, but also not too fast, and i shouldn't end my sentences in a way that makes me unsure, etc...

...too much XD

12 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Soooo, how much peril will the Hallway to Hell be for you? Have you mastered it, or is luck still part of the equation?

I think i mastered it tbh. I think only once in my last few runs i relied on luck there as i did a little miscalculation , and my vantage corrin just critted everything and saved my ass XD. I think that was the run before this one.

13 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

In my case, I'm more likely to think "I shouldn't play anything particularly fun, b/c I wouldn't want it to be retroactively marred by stuff I'm dreading that's coming up".

Well, it's gonna come up anyway, no use sitting scared, gotta enjoy what i can..

10 minutes ago, Punished Dayni said:

This is the timeline where she's working security in the modern day.

This kind of outfit would be perfectly normal as Dynasty Warriors DLC.

DJMgS8VWAAAjuSg.jpgXingcai-Job-Costume-DW8-DLC.jpg

Xingcai, a mostly-fictional girl (she's a composite of two daughters Zhang Fei gave as wives to emperor Liu Shan) from late 2nd, early 3rd century AD China, dressed as a.... golfer?

Everyone gets has gotten at least one of these paid DLC modern outfits per game from DW7-9 it seems.

12 minutes ago, Punished Dayni said:

Hey now, this isn't The Last Airbender levels so far.

Give it time to make more of those mistakes.

I only watched a couple of episodes from said Western cartoon series before I "matured" into complete disliking of those "children's" shows. But I like lightheartedly sampling someone else's schadenfreude or whatever this is, so thanks.😛

6 minutes ago, Imperator Squilla said:

Talking with my friends, i should appear neither too stressfull, nor too carefull, nor too confident, but a little bit confidence is a must, also not be too slow, but also not too fast, and i shouldn't end my sentences in a way that makes me unsure, etc...

...too much XD

Nothing says absolute certainty like stressing out over achieving the happy medium.😜

At least you're a normie, Aspie me is a little afraid that I wouldn't be able to suppress my Aspie nature sufficiently. It would give a wrong yet correct impression of me.

Impressive.

17 minutes ago, Imperator Squilla said:

...too much XD

.....I feel uneasy reading this.

Because I definitely agonise afterwards and at times during.

You know what you can point to for experience and knowledge for this interview? I would recommend making sure you have the information you'll use for that set out, I didn't help myself with that one the last day.

Just now, Interdimensional Observer said:

I only watched a couple of episodes from said Western cartoon series before I "matured" into complete disliking of those "children's" shows. But I like lightheartedly sampling someone else's schadenfreude or whatever this is, so thanks.😛

First off, I was on about the movie that some pretend doesn't exist. Second, show's good. Don't need to say more myself.

1 minute ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

At least you're a normie, Aspie me is a little afraid that I wouldn't be able to suppress my Aspie nature sufficiently. It would give a wrong yet correct impression of me.

I don't know how weird I look at the time in these things.

I certainly must sound it considering how badly I do. I don't help myself with some of these questions, that's for sure.

Xenoblade 3 ending spoilers

Spoiler
Spoiler

1 hour ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

I ponder what was going through that maid's mind. She watched as her comrades in the same room were being slaughtered, and despite that she kept teleporting in her enemies nonstop, never stopping to question why they had ignored her. 

The maid:

good-soldiers-starwars.gif

56 minutes ago, Punished Dayni said:

Impressive.

That's not a mod, that's a whole-ass new game.

>Browsing the bird app

>"*insert name* who you may know has joined Twitter"

>It's my mom

FebNvp0XwAEgaOl?format=jpg&name=900x900

Actually privating my account for a bit, i don't think she knows it exists but the coast ain't clear yet.

This is what a true jumpscare feels like.

Edited by Armagon

x7JE7vb.jpg

At least they're optional in Xenoblade.

After gaining three games worth of experience, Estelle and Joshua have developed enough that instead of being rescued by people cooler than them, they're the cooler people doing the rescuing. Now that's what I call progression! They got off on the right foot with the SSS, even if they are technically competitors. Their theme is even a more upbeat remix of The Whereabouts of Light, which is nice.

UpFzyaQ.jpg

I can't believe Falcom reused two names just so they could make this reference. Estelle forgot to mention the other Ellie though, unless missing an L makes Elie's name completely different. And don't bring up THAT Lloyd Estelle, I still have nightmares about that Sun Door...

9 minutes ago, Armagon said:

This is what a true jumpscare feels like.

Quick, get rid of all your anime girl images... wait, how would your mom know that your account is yours? Unless Armagon is your real name, perhaps.

Edited by Lightchao42

13 minutes ago, Lightchao42 said:

wait, how would your mom know that your account is yours?

The reason i was even notified was because Twitter checks your Contacts list.

Now idk if it checks for both number and name or just one of the two. Maybe it needs both to match the Contacts, which in my case it doesn't. Checking my mom's account, she also hasn't Tweeted anything and the only account's she's following are all church-related (she's pretty involved in our local parish, actually several) so it could just have been made out of necessary and probably won't use it any more than that. 

The main problem is that though i may be 22, my mom still holds the right to evict my soul from my body should she see what's on my Twitter.

Edited by Armagon