Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

Some thoughts on my "for funsies" CQ run (Not to be confused with chill turned almost royal-less run) now that i finished it:

- Damn is a dancer essential in this game. I don't wanna imagine no dance + no DLC.

- Charlotte kinda disappointed me ngl, especially with all the work i put in her. Even with Heartseeker her hit is unreliable, and fighting at 2 range she barely scratches 60 hit. Even with supports. She might have more str and spd over my Berserker Beruka from chill run, but Beruka also had like 20 more Skl and 10 more def, which not only made hit rates much more reliable (Tomahawk use no problem!) and scored lotsa more crits, taking crits from enemies wasn't always an insta death.

- Damn is Wyvernlise strong.

- Diviner!Nina ain't bad, and unlike her parents who are blind, she can hit stuff pretty reliably, is fast and can get tomefaire to fix up her mag. Not to mention CQ fives you like 4 spirit dusts.

- Never thought Mozu!Percy would be super useless like this xD

- so many rng bruh momentos xD

- Can i remove ninja and fox hells from the game thanks.

29 minutes ago, Armagon said:

>Browsing the bird app

>"*insert name* who you may know has joined Twitter"

>It's my mom

FebNvp0XwAEgaOl?format=jpg&name=900x900

Actually privating my account for a bit, i don't think she knows it exists but the coast ain't clear yet.

This is what a true jumpscare feels like.

Rippp

Hopefully she's better with the net than my parents

15 minutes ago, Armagon said:

The main problem is that though i may be 22, my mom still holds the right to evict my soul from my body should she see what's on my Twitter.

Understandable.

The reason i haven't been playing TMS lately was because dad was visiting me and i know how much he hates me playing games in general. Now add anime into the mix and yeah....

Older gens aren't that tolerant of nerdy hobbies

• Replies 176.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Shrimpica

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

6 minutes ago, Imperator Squilla said:

Older gens aren't that tolerant of nerdy hobbies

In my case it's less to do with older gen and more of she's a very devout Catholic.

Now granted, she's actually not at all that familiar with my hobbies other than "i like video games" and she rarely comes in my room when i'm playing. But I did have to make a precaution of only playing DMC5 when she wasn't in the house. If i ever get to Yakuza, i may have to apply the similar condition.

15 minutes ago, Imperator Squilla said:

The reason i haven't been playing TMS lately was because dad was visiting me and i know how much he hates me playing games in general. Now add anime into the mix and yeah

Meanwhile my dad was trying to get his PS4 connected to the internet. I helped for an hour and a half trying to figure it out. Only to realise the conncection was blocked by some DVDs that were close by. 

3 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

DJMgS8VWAAAjuSg.jpg

to be fair, her normal outfit doesnt seem era-approriate or even her weaponry too for that matter. and this is Koei Tecmo, if you know, you know...

soo, modern swimsuit outfit where?!

Edited by joevar

2 hours ago, Punished Dayni said:

Impressive.

I don't Switch emulate, and I won't until it is a "dead" console, but if I did, I would totally consider giving this a try.😃

First off, I was on about the movie that some pretend doesn't exist. Second, show's good. Don't need to say more myself.

I see. I thought I heard once they hired a romance director or something for the film, and obviously it couldn't/didn't use the series's full name b/c Cameron's Big Weird Hit That Nobody Remembers Why They Liked It In Retrospect. That's all I know of this nonexistent film.

As for the show, if only I overcame my childish aversion to the "childish". Maybe if the IRL world slides more into dysfunction, decline, and disaster, then the yearning for escapism would be great enough to overcome the hesitant aversion.

I don't know how weird I look at the time in these things.

Looks as in physical appearance?

I used to have an idle habit years of ago (at least a decade at this point) of rubbing the right side of head, some distance above the temple but not on top. It might have permanently killed some hair growth and leaves me with... not a bald spot, but a "semi-bald line". (Were I in a video game, you'd think I got into a war and got scarred or had a cybernetics implant there.)This gives me a rather deep cowlick that vaguely reminds me of crossed-wood-stakes ramparts, ruins my head symmetry, and makes me look weird in an unkempt way. Water or hair gel and a brush is necessary to hide the problem line on formal occasions.

I certainly must sound it considering how badly I do. I don't help myself with some of these questions, that's for sure.

I guess we can't hide who were are. As much as we can try, we're somewhat at the mercy of the... understanding(?) or lack thereof of others. 

2 hours ago, Imperator Squilla said:

Kinda.

Not really.

Not sure.

XD

Reminds me my resume would list my college degree, and then be a totally blank sheet of paper.

It's the kind of thought, worsening with each passing year that I do nothing, that in part keeps me from thinking I'm worthy of any decent job.

1 hour ago, Armagon said:

The main problem is that though i may be 22, my mom still holds the right to evict my soul from my body should she see what's on my Twitter.

I'm 29, and I get this fear. Doubly so. -With SF in my case. I've disclosed more information than I think my family would ever be fine with me sharing (I would try to argue this is a super-obscure site, nothing remotely big). Not to ignore the ♂️♂️stuff, I don't want to deal with their -protective- condescension based on a dated understanding of autism.😓

39 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Now granted, she's actually not at all that familiar with my hobbies other than "i like video games" and she rarely comes in my room when i'm playing. But I did have to make a precaution of only playing DMC5 when she wasn't in the house. If i ever get to Yakuza, i may have to apply the similar condition.

Now this wouldn't be a problem for me.

I did once play SMT Nocturne on the big screen in the family room with family in the room. One of the demons that I was using was Incubus (what? -it was a solid spellcaster for me), and I did make it clear to them that that the horn was... you know. I think their response was limited to "couldn't they throw a sheet over it?". And there was the Soulcalibur II poster I had when I was a child with Ivy's leathered buttocks on it, and the time I had a Muramasa preorder wall scroll hanging over my bed with the two kitsune ladies (as well as Kisuke, Momohime, Old Man Jinkuro, and Yukinojo; it was merely all their official artwork side by side) on it. I imagine they haven't ever batted an eye at any of this stuff.

They actually kinda lightly mock me for still liking Kirby, that's more of a problem.

In general, I keep my gaming kinda private, with the Switch being able to go portable and the laptop being a laptop, that isn't an issue.

Just now, joevar said:

to be fair, her normal outfit doesnt seem era-approriate too for that matter. and this is Koei Tecmo, if you know, you know...

Screen-Shot-2022-10-06-at-9-55-27-PM.png

Say another word and Guo Huai will *cough cough* blow you to bits! Using a substance that won't be invented until the Tang Dynasty 600 years later!

18 minutes ago, joevar said:

soo, modern swimsuit outfit where?!

Looks like they never gave her one, she got a cheongsam instead. Alluring, but with less skin showing and very Chinese. And a Western ballgown, and a schoolgirl outfit. Glancing over some other females, looks like Koei actually has avoided swimsuits so far. Arabian Bellydancer!Wang Yuanji is about as skimpy as it gets (And they gave her a bathtowel costume too? She must have the most horny fans of the DW ladies.).

Though I have stumbled on this image:

image.png

Guan Yu, Zhang Liao, and Xu Huang. Shu's greatest warrior and his two Wei friends waterfall-training together. At first I mistook the latter two for Liu BeI and Zhang Fei.

18 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Looks like they never gave her one, she got a cheongsam instead. Alluring, but with less skin showing and very Chinese. And a Western ballgown, and a schoolgirl outfit. Glancing over some other females, looks like Koei actually has avoided swimsuits so far. Arabian Bellydancer!Wang Yuanji is about as skimpy as it gets (And they gave her a bathtowel costume too? She must have the most horny fans of the DW ladies.).

I'm pretty sure Wang Yi does have a swimsuit, as part of the School Theme DLC packs.

Unless it's actually something else but I can't think of what could it be instead...

Edited by Acacia Sgt

Idk if it's just me but Minish Cap feels like the most difficult Zelda i've played so far. Which is good in a way.

But at the same time i'm constantly low on health which means

unknown.png?width=1100&height=619

23 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

I'm pretty sure Wang Yi does have a swimsuit, as part of the School Theme DLC packs.

Unless it's actually something else but I can't think of what could it be instead...

*Checks*

You're right, seem like an odd choice to give it to Wang Yi, given her somber story. Nonetheless, it's one bikini among all the ladies, not exactly prevalent.

4 minutes ago, Armagon said:

......nah. Nah Minish Cap. You did not just tell me "the Wind Element is here" only to be like "lmao sike". You have broken the sacred rule.

Which is...?🧐

4 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

They didn't want to be the game with the least number of dungeons, after all.

That is a bit of an issue of MC. I sorta love it, but the dungeon count is on the low side.

Edited by Interdimensional Observer

5 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

They didn't want to be the game with the least number of dungeons, after all.

2 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

but the dungeon count is on the low side.

Majora's Mask

5ztb2m.jpg

2 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Which is...?🧐

I didn't get the McGuffin after completing the dungeon.

I mean i guess the Ocarina of Wind is that. But idk, it's just kinda weird.

3 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

That is a bit of an issue of MC. I sorta love it, but the dungeon count is on the low side.

I suppose it's compensated with the fact that some of the "overworld" areas could qualify as dungeons/levels of their own.

Just now, Acacia Sgt said:

Yes, that's the point. Didn't want to tie with Majora's Mask for lowest, haha.

Even without the Castor Wilds dungeon, MC would still have five, one more than MM. The Moon mini-dungeons of MM don't really count as one IMO, they're a weird in-between.

4 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

I suppose it's compensated with the fact that some of the "overworld" areas could qualify as dungeons/levels of their own.

True, for its size, MC has a fairly dense overworld.

3 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Majora's Mask

5ztb2m.jpg

Oh, don't get me wrong, MM has quality dungeons on its side, and a boatload of optional content. It's fine at just four.

6 minutes ago, Armagon said:

I didn't get the McGuffin after completing the dungeon.

I mean i guess the Ocarina of Wind is that. But idk, it's just kinda weird.

I can see that. Zelda doesn't really do fake-outs like this.

As a little aside, the four elements of MC are recycled from Four Swords Adventure, where they were called Royal Jewels. And they make a tiny background appearance in Four Swords, which is where they first appeared.

1 minute ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Even without the Castor Wilds dungeon, MC would still have five, one more than MM. The Moon mini-dungeons of MM don't really count as one IMO, they're a weird in-between.

True. MC has six in total, which is on the low side, but not absolute lowest.

---

TIL the Hi-Nu Gundam and Nightingale were meant to appear in Compact 2.

https://www.nicovideo.jp/watch/sm30780804

Woah, this would've been their debut appearance if it had happened!

---

Hmm, I got reminded of that Minish Cap fanfic idea I begun but haven't touched ever since. I should pick it up again one of these days...

7 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

True, for its size, MC has a fairly dense overworld

Willing to call it the most living 2D Zelda tbh. Feel like the 2D Zeldas both before and after aren't as alive in their worlds.

9 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Oh, don't get me wrong, MM has quality dungeons on its side, and a boatload of optional content. It's fine at just four.

I wonder if the amount of dungeons is generally proportional to how much side content there is. On the low end of the spectrum, we got Majora's Mask, Minish Cap and Breath of the Wild. I haven't really done Minish Cap's side content but I can tell there's quite a bit. Majora's Mask and Breath of the Wild don't really need explaining.

On the flip side, games with several dungeons like Ocarina of Time and A Link Between Worlds don't really have that much in the way of side content. It's not that there isn't any but rather, it's like a few-ish things you can do.

Exceptions exist of course. Wind Waker has only five dungeons but it's not like it has a lot of side content either. I think.

6 minutes ago, Armagon said:

On the flip side, games with several dungeons like Ocarina of Time and A Link Between Worlds don't really have that much in the way of side content. It's not that there isn't any but rather, it's like a few-ish things you can do.

OoT is a victim of the times I'd say. It was the game that transitioned Zelda to 3D, inventing a 3D Hyrule Field and Kakariko Village was enough of a challenge, filling them in ...was what MM did.

For a Link Between the Worlds I think Hyrule is kinda empty because it feels like you aren't supposed to linger long in it. Get the pendants and get to Lorule, quickly so I thought. The other issue is that stuff in the overworld tends to be gated by items you don't have yet, the rental systems gives you everything upfront, so it can't do that.

7 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Exceptions exist of course. Wind Waker has only five dungeons but it's not like it has a lot of side content either. I think.

The Great Sea.🤨 Almost every sector has a treasure chart or a piece of heart or at least some rupies hidden there. But yeah, the Great Sea could use a ~33% reduction in sheer size.

Wind Waker did suffer from dungeon cuts. Not sure how many, but Greatfish Isle at least, and maybe a ghost ship dungeon.

20 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

TIL the Hi-Nu Gundam and Nightingale were meant to appear in Compact 2.

https://www.nicovideo.jp/watch/sm30780804

Woah, this would've been their debut appearance if it had happened!

Sorry for asking what might be a basic Gundam question, but what would explain why didn't the Hi-Nu show up in the Classicverse?

13 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Sorry for asking what might be a basic Gundam question, but what would explain why didn't the Hi-Nu show up in the Classicverse?

Admittedly, I don't know. Hi-Nu would've been the sort of next level upgrade for Amuro by the time of 4/F/FF, but it didn't happened. But then, 4 didn't do this for Kouji either. Since Mazinkaiser wasn't created until FF, so 4 only had Shin Getter Robo in terms of end-tier upgrades for the Main Trinity for the end of a multi-game story. Maybe they hadn't decided yet on using non animated stuff, since the Hi-Nu originated from a novel adaptation of Char's Counterattack after all.

That said, the Hi-Nu was not really an upgrade to the Nu, as SRW tends to put it. In the novel, it's just the Hi-Nu being created, not Nu. In fact, Hi-Nu comes out-of-source, since it's never called Hi-Nu in the novel, just Nu. It's the same for the Nightingale. No Sazabi, Char just straight up uses the Nightingale in the novel.

Edited by Acacia Sgt