Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

19 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Ruben reading this

fp6gpomnce931.png

Tbh tho I'd be fine with it if there's actual characters to capture. If it's just Thracia capture, throw it in the trash.

To be honest, I would prefer Fates capture myself. Maybe female generics would look older than the age of 9 lolololol

• Replies 175.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Shrimpy -Limited Edition-

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

3 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

To be honest, I would prefer Fates capture myself. Maybe female generics would look older than the age of 9 lolololol

Kaga wears his fake beard and moustache and sneaks into FE Engage's development team and makes all the unique capturable units all women /s

30 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Tbh tho I'd be fine with it if there's actual characters to capture. If it's just Thracia capture, throw it in the trash.

I dislike 776 capture after all the mods i've played that literally force you to rely on it to play the game at all. It really killed the way i view the mechanic.

Just now, lightcosmo said:

I dislike 776 capture after all the mods i've played that literally force you to rely on it to play the game at all. It really killed the way i view the mechanic.

Yeah that's why I said if it's Thracia capture, throw it in the trash.

1 minute ago, Armagon said:

Yeah that's why I said if it's Thracia capture, throw it in the trash.

I agree, it's an idea that CAN be good, but really needs to be fine tuned to properly work the right way.

9 hours ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Admittedly, I don't know. Hi-Nu would've been the sort of next level upgrade for Amuro by the time of 4/F/FF, but it didn't happened. But then, 4 didn't do this for Kouji either. Since Mazinkaiser wasn't created until FF, so 4 only had Shin Getter Robo in terms of end-tier upgrades for the Main Trinity for the end of a multi-game story. Maybe they hadn't decided yet on using non animated stuff, since the Hi-Nu originated from a novel adaptation of Char's Counterattack after all.

That said, the Hi-Nu was not really an upgrade to the Nu, as SRW tends to put it. In the novel, it's just the Hi-Nu being created, not Nu. In fact, Hi-Nu comes out-of-source, since it's never called Hi-Nu in the novel, just Nu. It's the same for the Nightingale. No Sazabi, Char just straight up uses the Nightingale in the novel.

Thank you.😃

I suppose there is something befitting then that the Hi-Nu's debut was Alpha Gaiden. A subsequent entry, but not quite a direct sequel.

5 hours ago, joevar said:

unless im mistaken, hi-nu dont have animation for it yet. so unlike Nu, they need to interpret it themselves for the unique attack. unlike Nu-gundam where its canon and see that  Amuro actually became so mad he start punching and kicking like in newer SRW final attack

A lack of canonical animation is perhaps a blessing in a way, it could allow for some creativity and variation on how the attacks looks over multiple games. Although being that Gundam doesn't belong to Banpresto, they certainly don't have the freedom they get with remixing their original stuff (i.e. Rampage Ghost).

18 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Although being that Gundam doesn't belong to Banpresto, they certainly don't have the freedom they get with remixing their original stuff (i.e. Rampage Ghost).

what do you mean banpresto dont own gundam? banpresto owned fully and then merged with bandai namco holding, the same parent company that create Sunrise studio which create gundam. "....Banpresto was given the exclusive rights to use Bandai-owned characters for video arcade games..." . whatever Bamco and its subs owned, can be used by banpresto.

i actually dont know how many (if theres any at all) IP series in SRW thats not actually owned by bamco overlord.  in short they can do whatever they want with it, yes that include altering attack animation and story as we can already see. 

back to hi-nu, my guess people just more used to seeing Amuro in his white Nu-gundam than blue Hi-Nu, that banpresto rarely used hi-nu. maybe hi-nu when amuro more involved in story or something else. if he's just sort of there for no reason, Nu-Gundam like in SRW V

Edited by joevar

Also haha at "naming files logically" only to name Pyra/Mythra/Rex Eflame Elight and Element respectively in the data.

Perhaps "Homura" "Hikari" and "Rex" would have been more logical. XD

1 minute ago, joevar said:

what do you mean banpresto dont own gundam? banpresto owned fully and then merged with bandai namco holding, the same parent company that create Sunrise studio which create gundam. "....Banpresto was given the exclusive rights to use Bandai-owned characters for video arcade games..." . whatever Bamco and its subs owned, can be used by banpresto.

I am aware of the merger. But whether intra-company barriers remain... I don't know. Just because they live in the same house, doesn't mean Sunrise has to give Banpresto total freedom if Bamco doesn't explicitly demand it. Mayhap everything- character interpretation, story portrayal, animation, and etc., is a small-scale negotiation between Banpresto and the IPs it is using? Again, I don't know enough to say what exactly happens behind the scenes.

Me looking at reactions to the Celine tweets:

good good... Let the bullshit flow through you.. - Let the hate flow  through you - quickmeme

34 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Thank you.😃

I suppose there is something befitting then that the Hi-Nu's debut was Alpha Gaiden. A subsequent entry, but not quite a direct sequel.

Even then Mazinkaiser and Shin Getter were already there in the first Alpha. Makes it stand out more Hi-Nu took until Gaiden to show up.

1 hour ago, Armagon said:

Kaga wears his fake beard and moustache and sneaks into FE Engage's development team and makes all the unique capturable units all women /s

Kaga, a man with a mission: Human trafficking.

4 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

good good... Let the bullshit flow through you.. - Let the hate flow  through you - quickmeme

People are making a big fuss about her? She seemed really par for the course to me. Nothing warranting a exceptional reaction.

Admittedly, thinking about it, she is the character I've liked the least so far, personally, but that's due to personal preference.

Is it the dress? C'mon, how can they hate that, it's absolutely hilarious.

1 minute ago, Saint Rubenio said:

People are making a big fuss about her? She seemed really par for the course to me. Nothing warranting a exceptional reaction.

Admittedly, thinking about it, she is the character I've liked the least so far, personally, but that's due to personal preference.

Is it the dress? C'mon, how can they hate that, it's absolutely hilarious.

It was mostly a joke response... but yes, this is in part to the people complaining about her dress.

22 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

I am aware of the merger. But whether intra-company barriers remain... I don't know. Just because they live in the same house, doesn't mean Sunrise has to give Banpresto total freedom if Bamco doesn't explicitly demand it. Mayhap everything- character interpretation, story portrayal, animation, and etc., is a small-scale negotiation between Banpresto and the IPs it is using? Again, I don't know enough to say what exactly happens behind the scenes.

sure that could happen. but apparently according to the article that i took from wiki which had its cited source: Bamco as parent company told Banpresto to do however as they see fit regarding IPs. so even sunrise as the one who make the show cant really complaint here. 

gundam seed has its story altered heavily in 2000s when featured as main scenario, and that makes the original VA happy with it, which also makes me happy. everyone happy, YAY BANZAI!

whatever happen behind the scenes in BAMCO is much more solvable than Satelight making new macross and called it macross for worldwide stream release (which still not happening).. because harmony gold dont bow to them and not a parent-child company relationship.

20 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

what happen there? i dont feel like exploring twitter unless for a specific certain purpose in fear of becoming less intelligent 

16 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

It was mostly a joke response... but yes, this is in part to the people complaining about her dress.

her dress is dumb in terms of.. dress. *authentic* historical dress enjoyer/cosplayer will foam on their mouth when looking at her dress. its very haphazard

28 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Ah, I see.

I mean just in general it's a good response to anything Engage

7 minutes ago, joevar said:

her dress is dumb in terms of.. dress. *authentic* historical dress enjoyer/cosplayer will foam on their mouth when looking at her dress. its very haphazard

I am no dress expert, but it kinda looks like she really really wanted to wear her favorite dress into battle but kept tripping on it, so she just cut off a piece on the front to be able to move.

...and then stuck it in a pool of drying concrete.

16 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

I am no dress expert, but it kinda looks like she really really wanted to wear her favorite dress into battle but kept tripping on it, so she just cut off a piece on the front to be able to move.

...and then stuck it in a pool of drying concrete.

i actually seen some videos that go into length about nobles dress in past era. which is why i said if those people see it they would surely getting headache at very least. because noble dress usually has some kind of theme to it. while Celine is all over the place. her top and bottom feels like designed by different people.

maybe, it will actually look better without that dome-like bottom, which clearly inspired from 1700s dress. since her top like that less busy bottom could work i think ? 

case in point, to me its not the busy-ness, but how it clash. but... ehh im no expert too.  case closed

Edited by joevar

8 minutes ago, joevar said:

i actually seen some videos that go into length about nobles dress in past era. which is why i said if those people see it they would surely getting headache at very least. because noble dress usually has some kind of theme to it. while Celine is all over the place. her top and bottom feels like designed by different people.

maybe, it will actually look better without that dome-like bottom, which clearly inspired from 1700s dress. since her top like that less busy bottom could work i think ? 

case in point, to me its not the busy-ness, but how it clash. but... ehh im no expert too. 

I see... Yeah, I do get a feeling of bloat from her, more than the rest. I think I'll be most interested in her alternate outfits. Well, second most interested, after Cool Jacket Vandad.

8 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

And then there's Chris Prattio, who sucks. I get not going "WAHOO ITSA ME" the entire movie, but he's hardly even trying to put on an accent lol. It's Chris Pratt talking normally. Feels like they picked him because hollywood star.

7 hours ago, Eltosian Kadath said:

Yeah he feels like the worst part of the movie from the trailers. Gave me very Peter Dinklage in Destiny vibes, as some actors are simply not great voice actors...

He's putting on more of a Brooklyn accent which makes the most sense for a movie I feel. It's loose but it's certainly there.