Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

1 minute ago, Sooks said:

That seems a liiittle bit impossible. Then again, idk how good the dynamite and fire bottle items are.

You can always find out...

Spoiler

One of them at least is an AoE attack that burns the field thus inflicting passive damage per turn for everyone on the flaming tiles.

• Replies 176.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Shrimpica

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

Ah, how I wish the remake’s soundtrack could be found on YouTube.

Welp, I tried the Wild West without any traps, and it was fun, but just came down to the Gattling Gun issue at the end, and since I already beat the chapter I’m not too worried about winning the battle that way.

Edited by Sooks

Boy, if playing Omori at night was such a great idea...

Anyway, made it through that first Sunny sequence. Now it's to head back to Basil's House... but I'll leave that for tomorrow.

Hmm, recently I saw that the Cold War Enhancement Mod of Victoria 2 got its final update. Likely since the creator is moving on to Victoria 3 at last, so... okay, don't know if the mod itself qualifies as completed now or simply got cut short then. In any case, since it won't be updated anymore, I felt I could finally do a full run. It will be... interesting...

Edited by Acacia Sgt

And that’s Present Day completed which takes places almost 30 years ago. It was really short, I think it only took around an hour. It might’ve been my favorite story so far (it’s between that one and Imperial China). The gameplay was pretty fun, it was only hard for 2 of the fights because I just went straight down the line of who to fight next which lead to me having attacks that targeted the weaknesses of almost everyone. I imagine it could’ve been made a little harder or easier depending on the order you fight the bosses in. I did stay around to get the skills from all of them, although it seems like it was just luck on whether or not the boss would decide to use both skills. It was pretty light on story, but that adds to the charm here, it’s not like any of these stories have been amazing anyway. The final boss kinda came out of nowhere, but I guess the same is true for Prehistory and Twilight of Edo Japan.

Now that I think about it, I never gave my final thoughts on Wild West. On paper it’s a pretty cool concept, but it looks like all every trap does is take 1-2 enemies out of the big fight at the end, and it’s not even a series of battles, just the one, which is… pretty anticlimactic. It would’ve been cooler if different choices/traps had more dynamic affects and there was more than one fight, but as it stands it doesn’t really matter what you do while the timer’s going down as long as you make a decent sweep of the town and have every townsperson work on traps. Also the Sundown Kid could’ve used more development, but maybe that was the intended effect.

58 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Boy, if playing Omori at night was such a great idea..

A classic.

Edited by Sooks

14 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Emblem of Mirage or Emblem of Tokyo?

14 hours ago, Imperator Squilla said:

Emblem of Emblem

Clearly it would be the Emblem of Fire (as the franchise burns down around it) Seriously how have they not reveled which emblem rings will be their Fire Emblem reference yet.

13 hours ago, Edelguardiansing said:

z6K3tuF.png

I don't think I've ever used Pure Water in a Fire Emblem game.

Just wait til you get to Thracia, where Mag is playing double duty as Res as well, so it simply raises Mag...which is just as good as it sounds for your mages, and even better for the staff bots (as in Thracia staves are king).

DF3NpuD.png

Who's also racist.

This will be an interesting point to return to after Soren's A support.

k4bFA7G.png

How are stealth maps even supposed to work.

Badly. You either ignore the stealth mechanic and murder your way through, or you look up a guide, as the stealth mechanic don't engage with any of the probability based mechanics, so following identical moves gets identical results.

MfoDSLz.png

All the speed and defense in the world...but not an ounce of strength to utilize it with!

Seriously, Ike so far has the lowest strength of most of the team, and he's one of the highest leveled!

Ouch, a weak Ike is kinda sucky to see.

ZzhJHPe.pngmZKWYgF.png

Not the biggest deal, but it is tragic not to see the ludicrous Bow Triangle attack.

12 hours ago, Edelguardiansing said:

I wish there were more historical strategy games that didn't heavily focus on war.

I know you probably mean videogames, but I find this comment amusing after having a blast today playing a boardgame called Versailles 1919, all about us trying to craft that awful peace treaty made to end WW1. Tense, and kinda war related, but at its core about a part of war we don't usually play through, peace, and why it fails.

10 hours ago, Armagon said:

Inb4 Creature Campaign.

Meh.

10 hours ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Wow, people can just tell at first glance. You're moving up in the world... or down to the floor I guess.

I mean... Sure?

10 hours ago, Imperator Squilla said:

As if i want Spain of all teams to go that far

Hey, what's wrong with Spain?

Seriously. I don't know enough about football to understand why we are supposed to be bitter rivals all of a sudden.

9 hours ago, Lightchao42 said:

Sae25O4.jpg

Present be like

(Flashing lights at 0:41, be careful with that)

8 hours ago, Sooks said:

Ah, how I wish the remake’s soundtrack could be found on YouTube.

I think the problem is that Square does sell this one, so they've been VERY adamant in not letting free Youtube uploaders to steal their sales.

6 hours ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Boy, if playing Omori at night was such a great idea...

Of course it is, what better for a nightly playing session than a nice, wholesome, relaxing game?

...you left off right after Ye Olde Sprout, didn't you?

1 hour ago, Eltosian Kadath said:

Clearly it would be the Emblem of Fire (as the franchise burns down around it)

Hah! They should put Reese in the game and call him Emblem of Elitism.

7 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Hey, what's wrong with Spain?

Seriously. I don't know enough about football to understand why we are supposed to be bitter rivals all of a sudden

We aren't really

I just

still remember 2008 final and 2010 semis to this day XD

Especially 2010.

If i say who i would consider as Rivals...

Hmm

Argentina. Germany vs. Argentina is a Classic. They met in the finals 3 times, even. And is a match i always look forward to every world cup.

Doubt that would happen this year tho.

Then there's Italy, but it's more one sided because we always lose to them lmao.

Ya know, despite being the 2 most succesful teams in the world record wise, Brasil (5 titles) and Germany (4 titles) only faced each other twice in it.

2002 final with a heartbroken kid me XD

And the 2014 fiesta.

I wonder if we can ever close the gap, or if Brasil will win the 6th title this time and widen it again.

Edited by Imperator Squilla

Started Sacred Stones and Castlevania Harmony of Dissonance  over the weekend once I finished Last Bible 2.

"Captain, your playin both at the same Time?"

No.... one for a coupla hours, then the other. Anyhoo...I thought "dayum why the hell would this kingdom just up and invade the other for no reason?" That led to a little thnkin drinkin since I aint one who believes in turnin on his friends.

In Last Bible 2 some of yer recruited beasties can use weapons and armor so I found myself keepin em way longer til I happened across one with better base stats. Made me recall another game I played kinda recent that lays a bit of the guilt trip on ya for cuttin somebody loose. Mighta been Final Fantasy Tactics... I think it goes "the monster is upset at bein sent home" or some shit

"Captain is there a point to all this?"

Shaddap.... Im gettin to it. Anyhoo...  any of y'all ever played Monster Hunter? I poked around on the interwebz and it led me to something I would feel like the absolute ass of all time for if I ever had to do it 🥺

Just now, lightcosmo said:

Do you play competitively? It might be easier to understand if you did obv.

I don't, but still, this is something you cannot say you would've seen coming. The part where a Delibird lookalike has to be quickbanned from OU, I mean. I woulda thought this was some kind of joke, because the fact that this is our reality is hilarious. What's next? Making a new Delcatty that breaks the tier?? XD

Just now, Shadow Mir said:

I don't, but still, this is something you cannot say you would've seen coming. The part where a Delibird lookalike has to be quickbanned from OU, I mean. I woulda thought this was some kind of joke, because the fact that this is our reality is hilarious. What's next? Making a new Delcatty that breaks the tier?? XD

How could i have seen it coming? I don't follow Pokemon... at all. XD But if something is a problem, regardless of design, then shouldn't they take that path?

Just now, lightcosmo said:

How could i have seen it coming? I don't follow Pokemon... at all. XD But if something is a problem, regardless of design, then shouldn't they take that path?

True enough. I mean, look at what happened with Mega Rayquaza. Before that came along, Ubers was generally hands off with the prospect of banning. But that proved to be the straw that broke the camel's back. And then we have Zacian, which got banned twice (and nerfed this generation to boot).

On 11/24/2022 at 2:07 AM, Edelguardiansing said:

Genealogy is such a meme. I can already tell playing it will be interesting just from all the community context I've absorbed for it.

I'm gonna warn you ahead of time, it might not be interesting in a good way.

On 11/24/2022 at 2:25 PM, Saint Rubenio said:

I'm

Reveal hidden contents

0fIh1UN8_o.png

I'm fucking sorry?!

What the HELL is THAT!?

Get me outta here!! That thing's definitely over 9000!!!!

32 minutes ago, Shadow Mir said:

Well... This just happened. I'm still trying and failing to make sense of this.

Competitive Pokemon continues to be the most unfun thing ever.

Like yeah, i gotta slander this: it's literally a dick measuring contest between which team has the better stats, no skill is involved.

1 minute ago, Armagon said:

Never forget Lydie using two guns because two is cooler than one.

That's Suelle with the guns. Lydie isn't as much of a fighter as her twin sister is.

Edited by Shadow Mir

Read ahead a bit in the Covenant of the Plume LP.

Wow, the amount of effort put into the Seraphic Gate nonsense is something else. Enemy names change into progressively more ridiculous and insulting things, the skits become progressively more elaborate, the truthful profiles and revelations that are just the devs directly mocking the characters, the player and themselves... Great stuff. I doubt I'll make it that far myself, as this is already getting a bit repetitive and I'm starting to want to move on to Valkyrie Profile 1, but still. This mode is awesome. I'll see if I can complete one lap, at least.

In the meantime, it appears there's two versions of VP1, the original on PS1 and a remake called VP: Lenneth on PSP. Any ideas on which one I should go with? @Acacia Sgt @Interdimensional Observer From what I can tell online, people tend to recommend the PS1 version because of its... superior QoL? Excuse me? The remake has worse QoL...?

25 minutes ago, Shadow Mir said:

True enough. I mean, look at what happened with Mega Rayquaza. Before that came along, Ubers was generally hands off with the prospect of banning. But that proved to be the straw that broke the camel's back. And then we have Zacian, which got banned twice (and nerfed this generation to boot).

I mean... you make it sound like they actually know how to balance anything (they don't) which is a nice dream, which wont be made a reality any time soon.