Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

1 hour ago, Armagon said:

Well, that's certainly ridiculous, because how the hell is the RNG split for each side even of course ignoring that they've clearly done something wrong with the RNG in this context.

Really is a technical marvel, this S/V, if for all the wrong reasons.

54 minutes ago, Imperator Squilla said:

They are old

I feel like they had a bit of a reputation before 2018 (like I remember that talk as a kid, if less than at that time), so I guess I expected them to have more players coming in to bolster the current squad. Oh well.

So, how are people feeling for Spain Vs Germany?

• Replies 176.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Shrimpica

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

9 minutes ago, Punished Dayni said:

So, how are people feeling for Spain Vs Germany?

0 hope

Well, Who knows with this world cup

and thanks to Japan fumbling today, we still have a chance even if we lose

1 minute ago, Saint Rubenio said:

So uh

You know that fabled week of work I had before my holidays?

Yeah turns out I'm on holiday now. I miscalculated.

Awesome. Sometimes I impress myself.

Well, there's that.

I'm assuming you're doing a bunch of weeks in December?

16 minutes ago, Imperator Squilla said:

0 hope

Well, Who knows with this world cup

and thanks to Japan fumbling today, we still have a chance even if we lose

World Cups can be funny like that.

4 hours ago, Armagon said:

And you're right, it definitely is wild how Persona just regressed after that.

Screen-Shot-2022-11-27-at-12-33-02-PM.pn

Innocent Sin PS1's three-minute opening movie spent the first two minutes on the verses of "Der Doppelganger" set to wistful, melancholic music and scenery. The PSP opening chose to make this the very last image, even after the group photo you'd usually expect to conclude an opening. Atlus must have made an error, because their Youtube posting of the opening a few months ago to celebrate Persona's 25th anniversary strangely forgot to include this last 2.5 seconds.

Thanks for the write-up.

You're welcome! I shouldn't have wasted all the time typing that out, late into the night trying to word everything properly and explain while trying not to overdo it. But, I enjoyed it.😆

If you don't mind me blabbing a little more with another FE comparison, you ought to be able to guess which...

Spoiler

IkexSoren is spun as like FE's greatest gay ship. TatsuyaxJun blows it out of the stratosphere and past Neptune.

• Intelligent Systems might notice fan interest in the IkexSoren pairing, but they've never confirmed it as a possibility. TatsuyaxJun can be left as a friendship if the player prefers it that way, but is outright confirmed as a legitimate romantic-sexual pairing option.
  • Jun seems like a socially normal teenage guy. Soren is an introvert, downright aggressively antisocial in PoR, and has his Branded status leading him to keep his distance.
    • Soren's strong emotions for Ike come from him being the first person to ever show him kindness and saving his life as a result. Jun has that strong long-lost childhood friendship, but it's much more normal than what Soren has. 
      • Soren might be gay, as wrapped up in a very socially awkward "savior-ism" as it is, accompanied by a great deal of aloofness even in RD. Jun despite the bumps in his personal life and specialness as fate would have it, is a "normal" guy. He knows he is gay and is fine with himself, and interacts with others as any ordinary person would.
        • Thus, I would say, in one specific way, Jun is "better" gay representation than Soren. Normality makes his romantic feelings for a man less exceptional, that gayness is normal, not something only found in super-rare socially-awkward special people.
          • IkexSoren is still positive, don't get me wrong.
  • IkexSoren is also decidedly one-sided. Soren has profound feelings for Ike, and sure Ike likes his friends. But we get no evidence that would lean towards Ike loving Soren. There are those fans who prefer Ike asexual after all, or as into women with as little suggestive evidence as if he were gay for Soren or Ranulf. Maybe Ike does, maybe Ike doesn't. Tatsuya even in Innocent Sin despite being silent...

giphy.gif?cid=790b76118817a1233873fd41a8

...is able to show some of his emphasized, plot-essential deep bond with Jun.

but from what i gather, Tatsuya isn't a self-insert, despite his silenceness. Not quite Lea status but you could compare him to Adol or Samus, i suppose, i think.

Oh, definitely!

If you played Eternal Punishment without playing Innocent Sin beforehand (which the initial P2 fans in the West had to do b/c it didn't get PS1 Innocent Sin), you would have no idea Tatsuya had ever been silent. He is perfectly normal.

This retroactively hurts me. I like talking Tatsuya, so now I yearn for the dialogue I didn't see in IS. Tatsuya fits that Default Atlus SMT & Persona Silent Male Protagonist Profile they've been using since the Famicom- cool, a bit edgy, and in control.😎 He attracts popularity and jealousy in high school because of this, but it's all a... persona.😛 Tatsuya in Innocent Sin is a stoic loner because he is afraid of getting close to anyone, for the reason that he is afraid he won't be able to protect them again. I wish I could have heard from him his stated development out of this insecurity. It would've also been nice to get his perspective on his poor relationship with his older brother. Katsuya Suou is a minor NPC in Innocent Sin, but got elevated to core playable character in Eternal Punishment, and the brothers' relationship is quite different there.

3 hours ago, Armagon said:

See it's funny because Persona 3 does have a female version of the protagonist (albeit only in Portable, the original and Fes don't have her). And then they proceeded to not have a female protagonist ever again.

As does SMT If..., the Shin Megami Tensei game that inspired the Persona franchise. Whose female protagonist option canonically as just another person in the world, shows up in Persona 1 and both halves of Persona 2.

Atlus needs to get with the times. SMT is slightly more excusable b/c it isn't about relationships, yet modern Persona at a subatomic level is. Female protagonists have long been normalized, and now we're getting the option to go gay with any character as the norm in the plow & propose historical giant of Story of Seasons and Stardew Valley and also Rune Factory. Harvestella from the indie developer called Square Enix and SoS: A Wonderful Life have even added a non-binary option to the player's gender. Things are changing in "mainstream-ish" gaming.

If Atlus sticks solely to a hetero male in Persona 6, I shall join you in stoning the game.😜 Their decision would be rooted in an arrogance born of being the top dog of the JRPG world, that they can get away with not changing to match the times because they'll make a boatload of money and suck the oxygen out of JRPG discussions anyhow. To hell with their arrogance, let as many stones be thrown at Persona as are at Satan during the Hajj! -If it most unfortunately comes to that.

Edited by Interdimensional Observer

11 minutes ago, Punished Dayni said:

Well, there's that.

Yes indeed. There is that.

I'm assuming you're doing a bunch of weeks in December?

Oh no, I don't have enough days. I've just used a few free days that happened to line up well to string together two weeks of holidays.

...And then proceeded to forget when they start.

Live A Live spoilers

Spoiler

jfVpTDX.jpg
It’s happening boys. Or something is. Honestly, I don’t really know what it is.

And man, you don’t realize how much you appreciate the lack of random encounters until the suddenly pop up again. Little bit annoying… but not as annoying as this one chapter staring a troubled youth called Akira—

Edit: it’s ironic how Lord of the Dark is the first chapter boss to break the naming scheme.

Edited by Sooks

1 minute ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Oh no, I don't have enough days.

I meant by that that you're working into late December. Are you?

2 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

I've just used a few free days that happened to line up well to string together two weeks of holidays.

...And then proceeded to forget when they start.

It's a bit funny this.

3 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Live A Live spoilers

Reveal hidden contents

jfVpTDX.jpg

And man, you don’t realize how much you appreciate the lack of random encounters until the suddenly pop up again. Little bit annoying… but not as annoying as this one chapter staring a troubled youth called Akira—

Edit: it’s ironic how Lord of the Dark is the first chapter boss to break the naming scheme.

tenor.gif
(I'll admit I was hoping random encounters were improved here, I actually didn't finish this chapter in the original (For other reasons, but still) but the encounters can definitely feel too much. Thankfully running isn't all that hard once you do have levels and all the fight themes are great)

22 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Live A Live spoilers

Hide contents

jfVpTDX.jpg

Hohohoho

Oohhh boy. Someone pass me the popcorn.

15 minutes ago, Punished Dayni said:

I meant by that that you're working into late December. Are you?

Yeah, I am. No free weeks for Christmas. At most, I might get two free mondays, since both the 25th and the 31st happen to be on sunday.

It's a bit funny this.

I am seriously impressed by my absent-mindedness sometimes.

tenor.gif

tenor.gif

(I'll admit I was hoping random encounters were improved here, I actually didn't finish this chapter in the original (For other reasons, but still) but the encounters can definitely feel too much. Thankfully running isn't all that hard once you do have levels and all the fight themes are great)

Yeah, it's annoying, but at least you get guaranteed fleeing.

TIL Friendship and Affection effects have been merged in combat for all Switch Pokemon titles.

So I couldn't avoid the random not fainting if I wanted to play S/S legit and it's almost certainly the same for S/V.

https://media.tenor.com/Cp-pWpJX5NkAAAAM/lena-luthor-sigh.gif

I swore this was just ILCA being lazy, but was going on longer than I thought. Man, imagine if they fucked up so hard that they affected online matches, I'm surprised that didn't happen.

17 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

I am seriously impressed by my absent-mindedness sometimes.

It's funny to me because I can't think of anyone I'd know who wouldn't have that stuff in mind.

1 minute ago, Imperator Squilla said:

rtbpycsqll2a1.jpg

Good news: Spain not good as expected

Bad news: Spain not good as expected

These fucking groups. Utterly chaotic.

True neutrals must be ecstatic so long as the matches don't suck.

4 minutes ago, Punished Dayni said:

These fucking groups. Utterly chaotic.

Scenes when Japan and Costa Rica win their next games and kick Spain and Germany out lol

Seriously tho, now we need Spain to beat Japan so we can advance...which i am not 100% sure will happen lol

5 minutes ago, Punished Dayni said:

True neutrals must be ecstatic so long as the matches don't suck.

That's how i feel with the other groups XD

I hate myself, why did I ever undertake this challenge.

31 minutes ago, Punished Dayni said:

It's funny to me because I can't think of anyone I'd know who wouldn't have that stuff in mind.

I guess it just goes to show I've not lived long enough or had a difficult enough job yet to keep watch of my holidays.

...I mean, I did keep watch of them, I just somehow materialized an extra week of work out of thin air.

I might have to actually jump on this show. 

2 hours ago, Punished Dayni said:

Really is a technical marvel, this S/V, if for all the wrong reasons.

Small indie dev please understand 🥺

1 hour ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

blows it out of the stratosphere and past Neptune.

I feel like you could say this about a lot of things when comparing them to FE lmao.

1 hour ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

and also Rune Factory

Which does make Rune Factory 3 Special's decision to not have a female protagonist at all odd, since they are rebuilding the game from the ground up. Definitely gonna have points knocked off it by reviewers, cause it'd be like if Pokemon HeartGold and SoulSilver didn't have a female protagonist because Gold and Silver didn't.

All that said, Japan is the biggest loser today. If they didn't choke against Costa Rica like this they would've qualified. Now i give them the lowest chances of qualifying ngl.

Spain is not impossible, but it will be quite hard for them.

Edited by Imperator Squilla

2 minutes ago, Imperator Squilla said:

Scenes when Japan and Costa Rica win their next games and kick Spain and Germany out lol

Seriously tho, now we need Spain to beat Japan so we can advance...which i am not 100% sure will happen lol 

Japan and Costa Rica for the win!

8 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

...I mean, I did keep watch of them, I just somehow materialized an extra week of work out of thin air.

Teehee.

All right.

Done.

That's an hour of my life I'm never getting back.

...Man, Funny Flying Man and Eligor are going to be a fucking blast, aren't they...

12 minutes ago, Imperator Squilla said:

Spain is not impossible, but it will be quite hard for them.

Oh.

Teehee.

Teehee is right, I honestly have no idea how I managed this... I meant, it turned out okay, we had things to do here and since I've no work I can help out more, but sheesh me.

Live a Live

Spoiler

Okay but Oersted’s chapter is actually a little boring. If suffers from a lot of the same issues as Akira’s, albeit there’s only a little bit of pointless backtracking and the first battle against the Lord of the Dark with all four party members was actually fun. The biggest difference was that the ending was actually kind of interesting? Only because of the Odio at the end, which basically serves to tell the player “okay, now we’re getting to where they all connect!”, because that’s literally the only interesting thing that happens. Nothing with Streibough really made any sense and I don’t care about what happens to any of these characters, just like Akira’s story (well Uranus and Hasshe were cool).

So that would make my chapter rankings: Present Day > Imperial China > Distant Future > Wild West > Prehistory > Middle Ages > Twilight of Edo Japan > Near Future.