Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

5 hours ago, Armagon said:

Neat

Thanks to me clicking on that article Shrimpy posted...

sentinels.png.webp

I discovered this. 

Concert for 13 Sentinels, accompanied by selections from Odin Sphere and Dragon's Crown! 

Muramasa is probably off the table b/c traditional Japanese music, or maybe b/c it's not published by Atlus, like GrimGrimoire.

Please post this on YouTube, if there is a performance of Shanachie, I need to hear it.

Also, I know you prefer digital, but...

nsw-3.png.webpnsw-2.png.webpnsw-1.png.webp

NIS is letting people vote on the reverse cover for the physical edition right now.

Middle option is too simple, but I do like it. Lillet blends too much with the archway in the right. So left it is to me, as generic an arrangement approach as it is.

• Replies 176.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Shrimpica

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

8RIkCIv.png

Phoenicia | Definition, Location, History, Religion, & Language | Britannica

p1IIonG.png

I totally get this idea, but it has soured on my mind a bunch lately with how much bigotry gets excused because of it.

gT0wFKB.png

I never liked when stories tried to "two side" racism by creating a story where they're like "Hey! It makes sense that these people are racist because the people they were racist against did horrible things to them in the olden days!" when in reality racism is a cruel and unfair mindset. The game also hasn't told me why the Laguz enslaved humans in the old days in the first place making it seem like the game is trying to tell me that while humans have a justifiable reason to be racist, the Laguz were just straight up dicks.

luQoH0w.png

What the hell does that even mean?

zZrjGIE.png

Not that's it's any surprise but I really like activist characters like this guy.

tbYZcYD.pngBwSeE7k.png

Ya earned a chuckle from me game, congratulations.

Y9nu3Ya.png

"We seem to have hit a reef somewhere!" *Runs the ship into a damn cliffside*

Seriously, sailing a rigged ship into a rocky area such as that is a terrible idea.

wCsyLXO.png

Eki

P0UhJ2E.pnghhX2mAS.png

Do you understand how cool it is that this game has a Fire Emblem protagonist with actual ideals about the world he lives in.

Most other lords I can remember always just have the very general want of peace from whatever evil nation they are up against.

Ike's ideals about the world he lives in and how they are rejected by both the "evil" and "good" nations is such a nice sense of fresh air.

Granted they aren't all that deep as Ike only learned that Laguz existed a few days ago, but still, it's something.

QFqsoHq.png

So far Path of Radiance hasn't had any music that really stood out to me in any sense but the song that plays during this scene is very nice, really gives a similar energy to Tiki's theme.

9Az8iHM.pnggZcgC2n.png

FE lord discovers racism is up there as one of my favorite moments in this series.

bn9yrAs.png

Again, words I've heard too many people say before arguing that Hitler wasn't that bad.

6 hours ago, Armagon said:

You'd think this would be common sense but FE fans in particular lose their shit whenever a female character makes a questionable choice.

I'd argue that's more because the leading ladies of FE tend to follow stereotypes of being the fragile, dumber, more helpless one compared to the strong leading male, and that is just lazy writing.

5 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Quetzwick Saga.

Speaking of, make it happen. Play Berwick Saga.

It shall be the final boss of this adventure.

3 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

My dad gave me a sketchbook. With no more work in sight for the next... who cares, I've given it its first whirl by drawing the plot of Valkyrie Profile: Covenant of the Plume.

i6btpMa0_o.jpg

Unfortunately I had no proper pencil. Had to make do with a black crayon, but the difference is palpable. Jesus, the clumsy-ass lines...

These are really coming around. I love seeing them.

58 minutes ago, Edelguardiansing said:

I totally get this idea, but it has soured on my mind a bunch lately with how much bigotry gets excused because of it.

Well, sometimes, it is necessary in order to know just how to counter their points. Sadly, whether it's effective is another matter, but as long it can make at least one person change for the better, then it's worth it I'd say.

I never liked when stories tried to "two side" racism by creating a story where they're like "Hey! It makes sense that these people are racist because the people they were racist against did horrible things to them in the olden days!" when in reality racism is a cruel and unfair mindset. The game also hasn't told me why the Laguz enslaved humans in the old days in the first place making it seem like the game is trying to tell me that while humans have a justifiable reason to be racist, the Laguz were just straight up dicks.

Well, I can perhaps think of a way.

I think at this point it's been stated that Laguz rely more on their bodies than tools, unlike the Beorc. A way to explain why you don't see Laguz using swords, bows, and the like while un-transformed. Yet, as you may have seen in Gallia, they still have stuff like a castle. How was it built, if Laguz on principle don't make use of tools? Perhaps an enslaved Beorc workforce. In an era of Laguz arrogance, they consider such work as beneath them, so they have the Beorc do it.

It's just a guess of mine, since otherwise... yeah.

It's the Con raising item. You know, like the GBA games' Body Ring.

Eki

Yeah, it's a lost cause now.

Do you understand how cool it is that this game has a Fire Emblem protagonist with actual ideals about the world he lives in.

Most other lords I can remember always just have the very general want of peace from whatever evil nation they are up against.

Ike's ideals about the world he lives in and how they are rejected by both the "evil" and "good" nations is such a nice sense of fresh air.

Granted they aren't all that deep as Ike only learned that Laguz existed a few days ago, but still, it's something.

It's kinda curious, as it is. Ike really lived that long without encountering the bigotry? Granted, it was only recently that he apparently only began doing actual mercenary field work, but even they aren't that far from the Gallia border. To the point he never knew the term sub-human was a slur, but used it because he had heard others (like Shinon) use it without even realizing.

Again, words I've heard too many people say before arguing that Hitler wasn't that bad.

To be fair, those words wouldn't have survived to the present day if they were truly meaningless. It's just... they're misused a lot. It comes down more to people needing to understand the phrase and its nuance. Perhaps.

As it is, it's an unfortunate case of Association Fallacy.

Edited by Acacia Sgt

17 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Yet, as you may have seen in Gallia, they still have stuff like a castle. How was it built, if Laguz on principle don't make use of tools? Perhaps an enslaved Beorc workforce.

The official timeline suggests the peak of Beorc persecution by the Laguz was during the Kingdom of Begnion, which ended almost 650 years prior to PoR. 

I would imagine that when the Beasts fled to Gallia, they wouldn't have done it if it wasn't empty. Or at least had so few Beorc so powerlessly disconnected from the Empire that they weren't a concern to the Beasts' safety. You could fanfict in the enslavement of those unlucky Beorc, or of the unlucky expeditionary forces that Begnion sent into the forests to capture their runaway chattel. Yet a long-term enduring supply of persecuted Beorc doesn't exist by the time of the present day, and probably hasn't for a very long time.

5 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

The official timeline suggests the peak of Beorc persecution by the Laguz was during the Kingdom of Begnion, which ended almost 650 years prior to PoR. 

I would imagine that when the Beasts fled to Gallia, they wouldn't have done it if it wasn't empty. Or at least had so few Beorc so powerlessly disconnected from the Empire that they weren't a concern to the Beasts' safety. You could fanfict in the enslavement of those unlucky Beorc, or of the unlucky expeditionary forces that Begnion sent into the forests to capture their runaway chattel. Yet a long-term enduring supply of persecuted Beorc doesn't exist by the time of the present day, and probably hasn't for a very long time.

It's certainly possible. FE has precedent since this is how Macedon got stablished, by humans who were former slaves of the dragons.

Incidentally Archanea's history also had a cycle of hatred. Degenerated dragons try to eradicate humankind, prompting the latter to then mistreat Manaketes, prompting Medeus to stablish his dragon empire to both bring back the Golden Age of yore and turn the humans into second-class citizens, etc.

>Sits down to write paper I’ve been procrastinating on

>Writes one and a half paragraphs

>Stops because I get the urge to listen to a trails theme. Don’t remember which one… I think it was Ruan’s theme?

>”Hey, wouldn’t it be cool if I made a playlist of good Trails music to listen do while I do this?”

>Spends over an hour compiling said playlist instead of being productive

And I didn’t even get to CS2 and CS3 or any of the super arranges outside the games’ OSTs

2 hours ago, Armagon said:

I think competitive Pokemon players need to stop banning everything that inconveniences them even slightly.

It's like Smash players and slants.

Banning in general is lame as fuck, unless the meta is completely centered around that one thing or it creates too many random variables, things should be allowed.

I dunno - some of the banned stuff really goes into degenerate territory. Like Sky Shaymin, AKA one of the few instances where the vote to ban was unanimous (which is saying a lot when even the more obvious ban cases tend to have some dissenters). Or Innards Out, which was banned in some other metagames because of its use on Chansey and Blissey (for context, Innards Out damages the opposing Pokemon for the amount of HP the user had when they were KOed. Now, Chansey and Blissey have massive HP... and abysmal defense. Yeah...). Or sleep in Generation 5 (because sleep works differently in that generation, namely because the sleep counter gets reset whenever a sleeping mon is switched out). How about the aforementioned Baton Pass? It tends to be hard to counter, and the stuff that counters it is generally useless against other teams. Or is just plain broken. Like Last Respects (as was stated beforehand, it starts at 50 BP and gets stronger by another 50 for every fainted ally on the user's team. If the user is the last mon standing, it's stupidly powerful, at 300 BP before STAB. But even before then, it's still nasty; only two faints is enough to being it up to Giga Impact level power. All this being said, Houndstone is not particularly impressive stats wise... and yet this was so overpowered that it got banned, though if anything else gets it, the move itself will be banned). Also, that's what Anything Goes is for. There's also the fact that a lot of the banned stuff could be said to be overcentralizing, as in, if you're not using this, you'll struggle, if not auto-lose.

2 hours ago, Punished Dayni said:

It's a pretty big thing considering it's two moves in one, but I think the thing that'd limit it's usefulness is if it's working off the user's HP, it's a bit strongly tempered by Cyclizar having 60 HP for it's stat and the other being not much better at 70.

The thing is, Cyclizar has Regenerator. 

Edited by Shadow Mir

1 hour ago, Edelguardiansing said:

luQoH0w.png

Build is another word for constitution. It's pretty much useless in this game, other than for shoving.

Okay, Omori time. Did the Lost Ball sidequest, and made it to Otherworld. Remembering there was another ladder in Pinwheel Forest... I'll try to see if I can beat Kite Kid.

Also, having a hangman miniquest is darkly amusing considering... yeah...

2 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Please post this on YouTube, if there is a performance of Shanachie, I need to hear it.

Of the Leifthrasis main theme too.

It's a shame no Muramasa music tho, i kinda feel it had the best music of the three Vanillaware titles i've played.

29 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Sits down to write paper I’ve been procrastinating on

"Oh he's just like me"

I just finished mine (it was due tonight) (i had literally all semester to do it).

I got to write whatever i wanted tho, which was good.

25 minutes ago, Shadow Mir said:

Like Last Respects (as was stated beforehand, it starts at 50 BP and gets stronger by another 50 for every fainted ally on the user's team. If the user is the last mon standing, it's stupidly powerful, at 300 BP before STAB. But even before then, it's still nasty; only two faints is enough to being it up to Giga Impact level power. All this being said, Houndstone is not particularly impressive stats wise... and yet this was so overpowered that it got banned, though if anything else gets it, the move itself will be banned).

Ideally you do not want to make your competitive team around losing mons, as funny as Last Respects is.

(Should've called Houndstone something different, i thought it was a Houndoom evo before i looked it up).

11 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Ideally you do not want to make your competitive team around losing mons, as funny as Last Respects is.

(Should've called Houndstone something different, i thought it was a Houndoom evo before i looked it up).

Fair, but still, when Memento and Healing Wish see use, this comes to mind as well. because it is powered up by the former moves, on top of whatever else those moves do. Oh, and Last Respects is Ghost type, meaning it hits all but two types for at least neutral damage (and in a lategame situation, in so many words, you're screwed if you don't have a normal type).

Edited by Shadow Mir

17 minutes ago, Armagon said:

"Oh he's just like me"

I just finished mine (it was due tonight) (i had literally all semester to do it).

I got to write whatever i wanted tho, which was good.

Just finished that paragraph, but in my defense, it’s a long ass paragraph and I’m finding and citing sources at the same time while trying to plan out the general direction and structure of it. 

Edited by Sooks

51 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Spends over an hour compiling said playlist instead of being productive

At least you're not doing that for your University application and your English assignments and your English essay and the WYBO entry

While you're behind on all of them...

Edited by Benice

Not a thing I want to return to... oh wait, my fanfic writing is basically this all over again...

Woah, the boss theme going places here.

Edited by Acacia Sgt

20 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Though seriously...

This rocks.

Based.

Just wait til the end of the game…

35 minutes ago, Benice said:

At least you're not doing that for your University application and your English assignments and your English essay and the WYBO entry

While you're behind on all of them...

You’ll get through them, eventually. That’s how it always goes…

7 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Although I'd say the real pitiable unique units in Civ5 are those without any lasting bonuses. France's Musketeers.🤣 Though I also pity Rome's Ballistae, a unique early siege unit would have been great if it had special abilities/promotions were decent and carried over, due to the fact that when Xbows decline, Cannons and especially Artillery rise. Rome could've had an oddball curve for conquest season.

Yeahhh, those are among the saddest UUs in the game. Rome at least has a good second UU (Legions are cheaper and slightly stronger than pikes, so that's not too bad) and an interesting ability, but the Frenchies as a whole are pretty underwhelming.

8 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

You could build Chariot Archers, pick one -just one- nearby city-state to bully without conquering, and accrue some XP that way. Then you upgrade them to Camel or Keshiks with them closer to the good promotions. -This does likely mean missing out on the Heroic Epic promotion though as you might not have the time to accrue city-state EXP after building that, constructing your Chariots afterwards to get the promotion, and before Bactrian okay, Arabians are dromedaries Bolt Barrage begins.

That's a good point. Chariots are only a little bit weaker than comp.bows, so with the prospect of an actually useful upgrade, they're not a bad unit to have early.

8 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Getting backstabbed by Dido... well it's less expectable than Atilla, Augustus, and Genghis doing it. Which makes it all the better!😄

She's actually tied with Attila for Backstabbiest Piece Of Shit in the game, with an 8/10 deception rating (with higher ratings for any AI personality trait being very rare). Interestingly, the least deceptive leader is Shaka with a 2/10, who apparently will always be quite open about hating you. Genghis (alongside fellow warmonger Askia) is also quite honest with a 3/10 deception rating.

(source: civdata.com/ )

5 hours ago, Edelguardiansing said:

It means "Sell me! Sell me please!". Since unlike in the GBA games (where +2 Con is awesome for classes like Peg Knights) weapon weight is mitigated by a character's strength, constitution/build is only used to determine if a character can rescue or shove another, so a Statue Frag is in practice just a less shiny gemstone.

Edited by ping

9 minutes ago, ping said:

It means "Sell me! Sell me please!". Since unlike in the GBA games (where +2 Con is awesome for classes like Peg Knights) weapon weight is mitigated by a character's strength, constitution/build is only used to determine if a character can rescue or shove another, so a Statue Frag is in practice just a less shiny gemstone.

Exactly.

9 hours ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Ruwylfben threatening anything he doesn't like be like:

See the source image

You're getting some mileage out of that screenshot

7 hours ago, Edelguardiansing said:

It shall be the final boss of this adventure.

Fair enough. I guess.

7 hours ago, Edelguardiansing said:

These are really coming around. I love seeing them.

Thanks!

5 hours ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Okay, Omori time. Did the Lost Ball sidequest, and made it to Otherworld. Remembering there was another ladder in Pinwheel Forest... I'll try to see if I can beat Kite Kid.

He was a decently tough opponent, as I recall.

5 hours ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Also, having a hangman miniquest is darkly amusing considering... yeah...

Good ol' Omori, wholesome as ever.

4 hours ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Though seriously...

This rocks.

And you ain't even seen nothing yet.

6 hours ago, Shadow Mir said:

The thing is, Cyclizar has Regenerator. 

Now that is comedy.

I meant why I said about the substitute itself being lesser (As the more HP put in the more HP it'll have), but of course being able to heal it back on top of that is no joke.

2 hours ago, ping said:

Unless you want to be funny and have a sufficiently bulky laguz smite mounted allies.

luQoH0w.png

It is mostly useless, and should probably be sold. It slightly impacts a units ability to push/smite/rescue, but also makes it more difficult for others to do the same to them, it also has some small impact on a skill you can give warriors/berserkers, but the skill is kinda meh anyway.

wCsyLXO.png

Eki

That poor Ike...

11 hours ago, Armagon said:

You'd think this would be common sense but FE fans in particular lose their shit whenever a female character makes a questionable choice.

I'd argue that's more because the leading ladies of FE tend to follow stereotypes of being the fragile, dumber, more helpless one compared to the strong leading male, and that is just lazy writing.

I am reminded of a concept Sarah Z went over in a video essay about "Sacrificial Trash"...