Jump to content

We L(Ike) Hellos, Games and Teehees


セリーヌ

Which is / will be your game of the year 2022 for Nintendo Switch?  

58 members have voted

  1. 1. What is / will be your goty from 2022 for Nintendo Switch?

    • Triangle Strategy
      4
    • Rune Factory 5
      1
    • Kirby And The Forgotten Land
      5
    • Fire Emblem: Three Hopes
      5
    • Xenoblade Chronicles 3
      17
    • Splatoon 3
      1
    • Mario And Rabbids Sparks Of Hope
      3
    • Other
      5
    • Pokémon Arceus
      8
    • Have Not Played Any Games
      9


Recommended Posts

1 minute ago, Lightchao42 said:

Strictly speaking, we didn't see Lumera die yet. So maybe everyone just thinks she's dead and it turns out Sombron spared her to use as a minion or something. I want to hear about how she punched Sombron into submission 1000 years ago.

We also don't know if Veyle will be playable and she's probably a dragon, so she might fill the dragon quota instead.

Okay, listen to me: Ugly Old Man pops out of nowhere, heals her and then joins alongside her.

It ain't what people would like. But it's what I would like. And I like things I like. Please? IntSys?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Replies 149.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

  • Shrimpy -Limited Edition-

    25065

  • Saint Rubenio

    16245

  • Acacia Sgt

    15146

  • Sooks

    13232

1 minute ago, Lightchao42 said:

Strictly speaking, we didn't see Lumera die yet. So maybe everyone just thinks she's dead and it turns out Sombron spared her to use as a minion or something. I want to hear about how she punched Sombron into submission 1000 years ago.

It would be interesting if instead she was a very late-game joiner, or even the Gotoh, after spending most of the game incapacitated. Would be a neat twist to "protagonist parent dies" and would one-up Eliwood at last.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Okay, listen to me: Ugly Old Man pops out of nowhere, heals her and then joins alongside her.

It ain't what people would like. But it's what I would like. And I like things I like. Please? IntSys?

Plot twist, they carry the Wrys Emblem Ring.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Emperor_Siegfried said:

Wraith's video is broken.  So I'll do my part to repost it.

 

Saint_Siegfried’s video is broken. So I’ll do my part to repost it. A fitting tribute to his recently deceased sanity.

 

Edited by Sidereal Wraith
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, Acacia Sgt said:

After all, mutants don't control being born with powers, same way you don't control your sex, race, etc.

Which comes back to the same problem. Being born a woman isn't the same as being born able to fire freakking laser beams out of your eyes.

A lot of superheroes didn't control getting their powers through external means either. Most of them are accidents. 

  • Spider-Man got bitten by a random spider
  • Hulk accidentally got blasted by gamma radiation, which by all accounts should've killed him
  • Flash got struck by lightning
  • Shazam was kidnapped by a wizard and told "hey you got superpowers now"

The list goes on. Hell a lot of villains didn't ask for getting their superpowers either. 

4 hours ago, Green06 said:

See Batman v Superman.

The movie or the comic book?

5 hours ago, Green06 said:

That's why when the story is trash the characters are trash too.

Ehhhhhhhhh debatable.

4 hours ago, Green06 said:

That's because the Beorc had to use their intelligence to try to even the game.

06.....genuine question: how the fuck do you think humans even got to where we are now?

Humans are simultaneously amazing and garbage creatures. We're amazing because of our intelligence. We're garbage because of everything else. We have no defenses. We lack claws, sharp teeth, thick hides. No poison or venom. Our bite and grip forces are absolutely pathetic compared to most primates alone. We are useless at birth and our intelligence has the side effect or making our heads too big, causing pain and potential death for the mother (and child).

"The Beorc had to use their intelligence to try to even the game" that's just humanity's success story. Yes if you pit a Laguz against an unarmed Beorc, the Beorc loses much like how if you pit a polar bear against an unarmed human, the polar bear gets a free meal. Arm the human and things become very different.

4 hours ago, Acacia Sgt said:

What do the Beorc actually have over the Laguz?

Technology. The Laguz don't really use tools and any structures they've built in the past likely involved Beorc slaves. But Beorc became more technically advanced because of how they lack everything else.

4 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

lthough, the fact that at least Bird and Dragon Laguz live much longer lives should equate to a longer gestation period.

There were literally three Herons left so we can assume the population was small enough that it could be wiped out that easily.

3 hours ago, Edelguardiansing said:

In my many debates with nazis on twitter

And that was your first mistake.

2 hours ago, Punished Dayni said:

Who was wrong?

It's me, I was wrong.

But Rosado still has multi-weapon use without Leif.

12 minutes ago, Lightchao42 said:

We also don't know if Veyle will be playable and she's probably a dragon, so she might fill the dragon quota instead.

She probably is. Both her and Lumera have sprites and in a 3D game where sprites are mainly reserved for units actually on the field, that is significant.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 minutes ago, Armagon said:

A lot of superheroes didn't control getting their powers through external means either. Most of them are accidents. 

  • Spider-Man got bitten by a random spider
  • Hulk accidentally got blasted by gamma radiation, which by all accounts should've killed him
  • Flash got struck by lightning
  • Shazam was kidnapped by a wizard and told "hey you got superpowers now"

The list goes on. Hell a lot of villains didn't ask for getting their superpowers either.

Which goes back to how these things are perceived. Sure, Spider-Man didn't ask to be bitten by the spider, but that still means anyone could've been bitten by it. Which is still different from "not everyone is born with spider-like powers", in the eyes of the general populace.

Hulk's case is more applicable, since even his being an accidental occurrence, doesn't She-Hulk actually willingly get dose with them instead? Or at least, that's what the MCU version of her had it happen to her. Which again, fuels the idea of separating the cases.

Quote

Technology. The Laguz don't really use tools and any structures they've built in the past likely involved Beorc slaves. But Beorc became more technically advanced because of how they lack everything else.

Which I did address. That's not something Beorc inherently have. Laguz could just as easily make use of technology too if they decide to. And in very remote cases, they do, like Lethe bringing up her fruit knife. It's just that the Laguz have for centuries revolved their culture of going against the Beorc in this aspect, but it's not borne out of what they can or can't do. They do not, not because they can't, but because they simply don't want to.

Edited by Acacia Sgt
Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

YES

IntSys please steal this man's idea.

Pft, can you imagine if there was truly a Nintendo or IS employee going incognito on the fansites?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Pft, can you imagine if there was truly a Nintendo or IS employee going incognito on the fansites?

Oh I would love it.

HEY DUDE, C'MERE I GOT SUGGESTIONS

Just now, Imperator Squilla said:

Shit my secret's out

Is this why Vandad is a thing?

...Thanks.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

There are plenty of broken videos here, so I'll try to fix it:

20 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Okay, listen to me: Ugly Old Man pops out of nowhere, heals her and then joins alongside her.

It ain't what people would like. But it's what I would like. And I like things I like. Please? IntSys?

Sounds good. It reminds me of a game where an antagonistic old man gets a redemption arc...

20 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

It would be interesting if instead she was a very late-game joiner, or even the Gotoh, after spending most of the game incapacitated. Would be a neat twist to "protagonist parent dies" and would one-up Eliwood at last.

That would be cool, though it made me realize that Cassius Bright spoiled me in regards to how a "parent of a JRPG protagonist" is handled. He's even one of the few Trails characters Rubenio likes, that's no small feat.

13 minutes ago, Armagon said:

She probably is. Both her and Lumera have sprites and in a 3D game where sprites are mainly reserved for units actually on the field, that is significant.

Theoretically that could just be for the sake of the website, so I won't take it as a full confirmation yet.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Lightchao42 said:

There are plenty of broken videos here, so I'll try to fix it:

Oh no, I just got Luigi'd.

They're going to try and make that a thing...... wew.

5 minutes ago, Imperator Squilla said:

You're welcome

Had to give up my promotion for this fyi

I thought that was for the 3H 180 and Genealogy delay

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, Edelguardiansing said:

I don't know if I fully agree with that, the Corrin in Birthright and Revelations is all and all the same Corrin in Conquest, and those are much better stories, but it's a fair point to make.

Corrin is essentially the same character in all routes, but the context is different. Framing matters.

You'll be ready for this conversation when you play Genealogy.

1 hour ago, Lightchao42 said:

That's impossible, Call of Duty is an option.

Pq4ixuvd o

https://i.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/facebook/002/111/695/049.jpg

1 hour ago, Lightchao42 said:

If mutant evolution was realistic all the normal people would want their kids to have superpowers, because then they could impress potential mates with laser eyes and such.

>superhero comics

>intentionally realistic

XLVG39z.png

57 minutes ago, Armagon said:

The movie or the comic book?

The movie

57 minutes ago, Armagon said:

06.....genuine question: how the fuck do you think humans even got to where we are now?

Aliens.

57 minutes ago, Armagon said:

"The Beorc had to use their intelligence to try to even the game" that's just humanity's success story. Yes if you pit a Laguz against an unarmed Beorc, the Beorc loses much like how if you pit a polar bear against an unarmed human, the polar bear gets a free meal. Arm the human and things become very different.

The Laguz have sapience. It may not be as good as the Beorc, but it does. Polar bearsact on instinct, they can't compare.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I'd say, the Laguz vs Beorc thing would be... "But the polar bear can be armed too, in which case what does the human has? The fact the polar bear doesn't want to arm itself too."

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...