• Shrimpica

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

https://i.imgur.com/ihvS9wU.jpg

Big numbers ❤️

30 minutes ago, Edelguardiansing said:

59IsF69.png

Is there really no button to press to skip a battle? I swear it was in Sacred Stones.

I think animation skip is only modded into the GBA games, not a feature in the vanilla games.

PoR has, unfortunately and infamously, really slow enemy phases. I play "without" animations almost exclusively, but even that has small map animations where other games just have the units bump into each other.

30 minutes ago, Edelguardiansing said:

Radiant Dawn transfers data from PoR?

I wonder if I could do that on an emulator...

It definitely works. I used to have a (Dolphin) save file with some try-hard transfer bonuses, but I lost it at some point when swapping PCs. I don't think you have to set it up in any way, since RD also runs in Dolphin, but it has been some time since I've used this.

For reference - the main feature of a save transfer is bonus stats to returning units. If a character in PoR reaches Lv.20 promoted, every stat that they have capped will receive a +2 bonus in Radiant Dawn. There's a few characters that really benefit from it, especially if you're a bit lucky with PoR growths.

Edited by ping

40 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Realistically speaking, it'll just be Classic/Casual Mode again.

Though maybe they could compromise. There is no permadeath but units that fall have to spend the next battle recovering. So there's still risk.

Of course i have a job and college so i'd just default to Casual Mode for the battle saves.

If Engage really doesn't have any means to save mid-map as it's... honestly looking to, I'm going to miss the turnwheel. I didn't think I'd ever say that, but hot damn I really don't want another Conquest where I like the game, but it's so tiresome that I just never feel like playing it again...

But what about the girl with the big funny dress?

You know, the fact that I completely forgot she exists speaks volumes to how much I'm looking forward to getting her on my team.

38 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Add a gold penalty for each instead of being incapacitated for a map and that's pretty much the SRW way.

See, I've seen this in a couple games before. It never does anything, the game would need to be even stingier with gold than Conquest.

34 minutes ago, Edelguardiansing said:

59IsF69.png

Is there really no button to press to skip a battle? I swear it was in Sacred Stones.

It wasn't. It hurts more in this one because this one is extremely slow and ugly even with animations off.

jwX9ajA.png

Okay that one got a smile out of me.

Radiant Dawn transfers data from PoR?

I wonder if I could do that on an emulator...

You probably can. I couldn't, but that's probably because my PoR and RD completely legit copies weren't for the same region.

Edited by Saint Rubenio

6 minutes ago, ping said:

For reference - the main feature of a save transfer is bonus stats to returning units. If a character in PoR reaches Lv.20 promoted, every stat that they have capped will receive a +2 bonus in Radiant Dawn. There's a few characters that really benefit from it, especially if you're a bit lucky with PoR growths.

It also transfers Support Levels though this really only matters for Mist and Jill.

1 minute ago, Saint Rubenio said:

but hot damn I really don't want another Conquest where I like the game, but it's so tiresome that I just never feel like playing it again...

Conquest was tough as nails but Engage may not necessarily be that.

Like you can be challenging without breaking the kneecaps of the player.

Not to mention a lot of the stuff in Engage is on command, whereas Conquest still relied on RNG.

3 minutes ago, Armagon said:

It also transfers Support Levels though this really only matters for Mist and Jill.

With Zihark too to a degree with either Brom or Ilyana, but it's not actually required.

2 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Right... +5 Crit and Crit Evade, but only if they're directly adjacent, won't exactly make or break a character.

Do you remember if the Ike/Soren story stuff requires NG+? I'd say that's the most impact that support transfers have, since the Jill/Mist stuff that I think you're referencing does more harm than good if you go through with it.

9 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Conquest was tough as nails but Engage may not necessarily be that.

Like you can be challenging without breaking the kneecaps of the player.

Yeah, that's true. I'm hoping for good difficulty, just... not that much, to be honest. Give me a little leeway at least, so I can use a few memes!

9 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Not to mention a lot of the stuff in Engage is on command, whereas Conquest still relied on RNG.

Ohhh that's a hot take. If Shrimpy wasn't too busy losing his head over people kicking balls he'd probably have words for this.

Me, I'm still angry over the time I missed a 99% and Beruka died for it, so I can't really be made to argue against your claim

2 minutes ago, Imperator Squilla said:

DAHY3h5.png

Oh boy

We're gonna job against CR aren't we

In 22 hours my country's fate is decided.

All right, here's this for a motivation: If we win IntSys gives me playable Barlowe Von Karma. Yeah, now I'm definitely going to be excited for this...

5 minutes ago, ping said:

Do you remember if the Ike/Soren story stuff requires NG+? I'd say that's the most impact that support transfers have, since the Jill/Mist stuff that I think you're referencing does more harm than good if you go through with it.

Yes, it needs NG+.

4 minutes ago, ping said:

Do you remember if the Ike/Soren story stuff requires NG+?

I believe it does.

4 minutes ago, ping said:

since the Jill/Mist stuff that I think you're referencing does more harm than good if you go through with it.

Oh yeah definitely. That's more for challenge runs i suppose.

Just now, Saint Rubenio said:

Ohhh that's a hot take. If Shrimpy wasn't too busy losing his head over people kicking balls he'd probably have words for this.

I mean it's true. Emblem Engage is probably more dangerous when an enemy uses it than an enemy with Luna or whatever but at least the former can be predicted.

Engage is also shaping up to be the most player-phase focused game in the entire series, by a significant margin. And the game isn't even out yet.

6 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

nah

Proc skills are one of the few things i hate in Fates.

6 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

In 22 hours my country's fate is decided.

As if you will lose to Japan lmao

37 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Good to see you've picked it up again.

It's not that I didn't want to. It's an infamous issue of mine that I tend to leave games unfinished even if I enjoy them.😆 I know there isn't a lot left, so I ought to get it done without another unnecessarily long break.

24 minutes ago, ping said:

https://i.imgur.com/ihvS9wU.jpg

Big numbers ❤️

A 40 pop capital.😁

I take it you're using a UI mod, judging from the resource icons at the top?

5 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

It's not that I didn't want to. It's an infamous issue of mine that I tend to leave games unfinished even if I enjoy them.😆 I know there isn't a lot left, so I ought to get it done without another unnecessarily long break.

Close indeed to the end.

I mean it's true. Emblem Engage is probably more dangerous when an enemy uses it than an enemy with Luna or whatever but at least the former can be predicted.

Ah yes, my memory had almost succeeded in blocking out Takumi's Fun RNG Battle at the end of Takumi's Fun Castle.

Thanks

Engage is also shaping up to be the most player-phase focused game in the entire series, by a significant margin. And the game isn't even out yet.

Well, let's not party just yet, but it really does look great.

2 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Welp, time to commit oyasumi. After over 20 years, finally not reach the Top 16. It's like a Unova League Moment.

F

Just now, Imperator Squilla said:

nah

Proc skills are one of the few things i hate in Fates.

Oh.

Well then, Engage good will be the next controversy, it seems.

Just now, Imperator Squilla said:

As if you will lose to Japan lmao

Hey, don't be so sure. I believe TV said Japan is very fast and very strong. This opinion was corroborated by an old man talking to his grandson on the phone when I took a train this afternoon. I haven't the faintest idea, so I suppose it has to be true.

9 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Well then, Engage good will be the next controversy, it seems

reminder that i nab'd myself a limited edition pre-order 😛

I have been on Team Engage good since the leaks tbh

And then i play it and hate it

9 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Hey, don't be so sure. I believe TV said Japan is very fast and very strong

Look, friend, maybe.

But i need Spain to win tomorrow so we can have a chance ok?

Edited by Imperator Squilla

1 minute ago, Imperator Squilla said:

reminder that i nab'd myself a limited edition pre-order 😛

I have been on Team Engage good since the leaks tbh

And then i play it and hate it

I hate that I'm likely to make the same mistake again and buy it on release date.

I better find another game to keep me distracted so I don't do that.

1 minute ago, Imperator Squilla said:

Look, friend, maybe.

But i need Spain to win tomorrow so we can have a chance ok?

Ahh, friends by necessity, then.

Hwahahah! You need me to win at ball kicking and at Xenoblade 3 GOTY! At every turn I stand, it is I on whom your hopes and dreams rest! how the turns have tabled!

Tell your higher ups to make Ugly Old Man playable.

1 minute ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Smh

¿Que nunca oiste de Oliver y Benji?

Aaaahh sí. Esa serie de la cual vi unos cero capítulos en mi vida. Pero la conozco de vista, eso sí.

1 minute ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Captain Tsubasa?

...Quién?

3 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Aaaahh sí. Esa serie de la cual vi unos cero capítulos en mi vida. Pero la conozco de vista, eso sí.

...Quién?

That's his name in Japan. Tsubasa.

Edited by Acacia Sgt