Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

I didn't really get to play Engage today RIP.

15 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Is Louis starting to fall off for anyone else? He could tank really well in the early game, but now…

I know this is your own personal experience but starting to wonder if the viability of some units just falls off in Maddening. Cause Louis has been fine for me.

• Replies 176.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Shrimpica

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

Fbmdrfp.jpg
Céline and Louis in shambles lmao

12 minutes ago, joevar said:

he move too in hard after second boss. its just that everyone else already halfway into him the next turn after he summon clones

Yeah I couldn’t do that, the second boss was way too strong for me to fight him while moving my forces.

12 minutes ago, joevar said:

i mange to reach the clone and dispose all his clone without even manage to attack him. then the rest you can guess already : easy stun-lock.

Reveal hidden contents

does the game not show hyacinth astra storm damage on right corner of the screen on maddening? i just put that into mind and proceed to enter his range.

It shows that he has the skill, but it doesn’t show the damage for it, no.

10 minutes ago, Armagon said:

I didn't really get to play Engage today RIP.

I know this is your own personal experience but starting to wonder if the viability of some units just falls off in Maddening. Cause Louis has been fine for me.

Maybe, idk lol.

bsM6JI0.png

I respect Pokemon for being accurate in that real life descriptions of animals can be terrifying, except in Pokemon's case since they have all this super natural mythological stuff going on they can pump that disturbingness tenfold.

This isn't even scratching the surface of unhinged Pokemon dex entries.

EYVo9MT.pngJgNuRlu.pngZ8beshG.png

I'm noticing a theme in this game.

w0e1684.png

And here's a team update just in case anyone was curious.

2 minutes ago, Edelguardiansing said:

I respect Pokemon for being accurate in that real life descriptions of animals can be terrifying, except in Pokemon's case since they have all this super natural mythological stuff going on they can pump that disturbingness tenfold.

Ghost Pokémon get to have so many fun entries...

2 minutes ago, Edelguardiansing said:

Really puts in perspective Team Plasma's goal, huh.

8 minutes ago, Edelguardiansing said:

My personal favorites are

"For some reason, only females have been found. It creates a reverse harem of male Salandit that it lives with."

"Salazzle lives deep in caves and forces the Salandit it has attracted with its pheromones to serve it."

...Gamefreak knew exactly what they were doing with this one.

>looks at tempest trials

How about no— the only way that looks even remotely winnable is if I lower the level below the recommended. Or maybe the first map is just a bad map.

Incidentally, I’ve unlocked the feature Ruben was talking about where you can essentially just buy emblem bond ranks. And he was right, they are dirt cheap. This is good, because it means I can max level whoever I want with Lucina and get them a double exp weapon, which I can pass around to whoever and give them good exp.

gsdx-20230123223638.png

Sayeth the man who standeth centimeters from a little lava pool.

4 hours ago, Armagon said:

though not the same mechanic i assume.

It's the same exact thing as doing Element Synthesis outside of battle. Except for some reason you don't select a Mana to assist you (Element cost seems the most minimal possible), and the Mana Item is consumed instantly, you can't replenish your stock of them mid-battle. This kinda matters if you care about Klein's Delay, Living Item, and Wide Item skills, which only work with with stored Mana Items.

That Hagel guy BTW did have one notable thing about him- he "rewarded" the heroes for helping him by singing. They prayed he would stop.

Ah so the Puni talks in this one too then? They talk in Lulua as well and now killing them feels odd ngl. But it is what it is.

gsdx-20230123170715.png

Only six non-spinoff games into the prolific series, and they already hate being regarded as the weakest monsters around and seek vengeance! for their fallen brethren.

gsdx-20230123170738.png

🧐

And that is probably the most direct threat to someone's life i have seen for the series.

gsdx-20230123233425.png

Hostage taking...

gsdx-20230124000142.pnggsdx-20230123233730.png

...Followed by a boss fight.

Turns out that bosses so far aren't immune to ailments. Norn put the lower and middle knights and the little boar asleep on her first try, while the Beggur and his other lackey ended up being poisoned by Delsus. Game will tell you if an enemy if is immune when you try landing an ailment, if it doesn't, it means there's a chance, though by no means guaranteed. Sleep in Eternal Mana appears to be eternal slumber until you damage the snoozing enemy, which meant my lucky triple-incapacitation made this fight much easier than it could have been. The baby boar bodyguards its companions and the lower knight can heal and buff everyone, not good.

The sleep spell ain't that great BTW. Some skills don't activate right away, the character needs to wait until their next turn to execute it. If that character gets damaged while the skill is being readied, there is a chance their concentration will be broken and you'll have wasted a turn. This applies to enemies too.

gsdx-20230123235104.png

-On plans of invading a brigand-controlled fortress.

gsdx-20230123235438.png

And an NPC cruelly mocking a shop owner. 

Edited by Interdimensional Observer

6 minutes ago, Sooks said:

>looks at tempest trials

How about no— the only way that looks even remotely winnable is if I lower the level below the recommended. Or maybe the first map is just a bad map.

Incidentally, I’ve unlocked the feature Ruben was talking about where you can essentially just buy emblem bond ranks. And he was right, they are dirt cheap. This is good, because it means I can max level whoever I want with Lucina and get them a double exp weapon, which I can pass around to whoever and give them good exp.

death char will come back when you exit trial tower. between the battle you can insert your benched units, so you can have full party entering next battle when someone downed.

everything except the reward will be returned as is. even if you promote someone inside the trial. they will be back as their state before entering. its actually can be used to test re-classing unit perforamnce imo

27 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Oh wow, I actually got a G Rank meal! XD

how... i thought F was the worst

56 minutes ago, Sooks said:

It shows that he has the skill, but it doesn’t show the damage for it, no.

oof. thats harsh. so you need to calcualte it yourself huh. 

1 minute ago, joevar said:

how... i thought F was the worst

Nope, it's G.

Alright, almost done with Chapter 12. At least, I can rout this turn... or should I wait it out a little more...?

52 minutes ago, Edelguardiansing said:

It was the first mainline game to take place outside Japan, as Unova is based on the greater New York City area. Admittedly the two double battle spinoff games on the Gamecube, Colosseum and XD Gale of Darkness, are set in Orre, which is based on Arizona.

Though map wise it also covers up Sonora and Baja California as well.

Pokemon_to_real_world_Orre_Arizona.png

The big body of water is clearly the Gulf of California / Sea of Cortez.

I guess in a way, my hometown is already represented in the Pokémon world... kinda. Like, due to its location, Gateon Port more or less can correspond to San Felipe, which means the Pokémon HQ Lab would be where Mexicali would be in relation to Gateon/SanFelipe.

Eh, I'll take it.

Edited by Acacia Sgt

Although, Gateon would still be north of where San Felipe would correspond. Over here we have no settlements near the mouth of the Colorado River since it's a biosphere reserve.

8 hours ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

Yeah @Saint Rubenio

I see the ambush now

Kinda bs ngl, thankfully i still had my whole army to move. Generally i feel ch.14 is the weakest one so far.

Hopefully no more of that

Yeah, there's a possibility it doesn't screw you, but since there's no indication that anything like that is going to happen, it's only just that. A possibility.

And tfw Ruben is one with the Waifu army here kek

I mean, I have four waifus in the army. Unless you wanna count mage knight Boucheron as a waifu lol

Of course, Etie counts for three people, so I guess you are correct.

Also can we stop with shitty dubstep on villains pls

I didn't get around to commenting on it, but every time I encounter those idiots the shitty-ass Evil Dubster gets me grinning. It's so dumb, I love it.

When it plays for Mauvier, too. The combination of Evil Dubstep and the boringest man in the world (not my words) is great.

7 hours ago, Lightchao42 said:

Etie looks like she's cosplaying as Balthus.

Do not bring Three Houses into this, Lightchao. She is cosplying as herself because she is really epic.

7 hours ago, Lightchao42 said:

It seems like character keep their color palette when they promote, which is cool.

Not just when they promote, when they change class to anything. Not all classes fit every palette perfectly, of course, but still. They went the extra mile this time, really really nice.

Funnily enough, the sniper model doesn't really fit Etie that well, but when you reclass her to warrior it looks perfect on her. It's like they intended for you to do that. And no wonder, the class suits her a lot better.

7 hours ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

Solm palace so beautiful

It really is, cool arquitecture for best country.

6 hours ago, Sooks said:

Uh, apparently??

What turn? I could’ve used that thing

6 hours ago, Sooks said:

Uh, apparently??

What turn? I could’ve used that thing

I mean, more worrying is that three characters join with the crystal lol. Did you not get them?

6 hours ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

>Enemy warp staves

Should i be concerned xD

K A G A   N O

5 hours ago, joevar said:

Boohooo i already planned to take a break for this day (tuesday) since not getting enough last night, but i just had to see that...

Too bad. Look at her and suffer. This is what everyone that benched her is missing out on.

I like what they did there. Its kinda rare in games to have toned abs girl but still look like a girl, not like a mountain bandit

I like how her arm is thin but you can still see it's toned. They didn't hold back like they very much could've and I thank them for it.

Now, how do i train her again...

You kill things with her. It's not that hard, she is immensely strong.

4 hours ago, Sooks said:

I’m… surprised and confused at how easy ch. 11 was. There was the Jade incident, which was eh, what can you do, but other than that, easy. You could get horribly punished for playing super slowly ig but that didn’t happen to me (I did have units in range of the surprises but Yunaka is OP and they couldn’t touch her, and the other two could take a hit from the one with the highest move). But then, Shrimpy wanted to see my reaction/strategy and Armagon said it was one of the hardest chapters in the series and I just… don’t get it. Spoilers

Hide contents

Losing your emblems sucks, but they weren’t necessary at all for this. The biggest problem is keeping track of the enemy emblems, which could theoretically mess you up, but that’s not too bad and the rest of the enemies are basically not a threat (which is the first time I’ve said that all game).

On my first attempt I got unlucky with the placement of enemy emblems (I killed Leif and when Veyle gave the emblem to another enemy who was too close considering Roy was right there, and he’s very tanky) and had to use a freeze charge, but Jade got critted anyway. That was the worst things got.

All the units you get this chapter are pretty busted, but they barely exist so that’s whatever (definitely help for the ending stretch though).

Chapter 10 was way harder than this.

I am SO glad it's not just me! Of course, I had saves, but aside from a couple of enemies to watch out for it really wasn't that big of an issue for me either. Hortensia and Hyacinth alone made 10 a LOT worse.

4 hours ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

So far, the only map i can say i am not a fan of is ch14.

Pretty straight forward with mostly weak units, easy but out of the way chests, and then ambush spawns at the end for some reason.

It ain't fox hell levels or something, but doesn't feel like the rest of the maps ya know? Felt more like a GBA map or smth.

Yeah I agree, it's a bit of a step below the rest. If this is as bad as it ever gets, though, I will accept it.

3 hours ago, joevar said:

I see that many people already try reclassing. meanwhile i really dont know who or what to reclass and content with their default promotion

Well, reclassing isn't for everyone. I've left a lot of people in their base class, even Alear. But some of these work better when reclassed. Like mage knight Boucheron!

3 hours ago, joevar said:

also can anyone confirm design change in engage is like the opposite of 3H: where in 3H everyone is carbon copy of themselves with its uniform, then promotion (to certain class for certain unit) timeskip gives unique design. while in engage after promotion actually gives them same-y outfit theme when reclassing to same class, with some accesories unique to the unit stays. (not really complaining just want to know

The color palette changes, but I think the designs themselves are fixed.

2 hours ago, Sooks said:

Is Louis starting to fall off for anyone else? He could tank really well in the early game, but now…

I was confused as to why Jade was performing so much worse than him, since both of their stats were about the same, and then I looked at him and went “yeah no, he’s getting worse at tanking”.

It could just be me though, because I haven’t been giving him that much exp, since I don’t want him to be a team mainstay.

Jade's doing fine for me. Her accuracy isn't the best and she REALLY doesn't like mages, but she's still an excellent physical tank and a great damage dealer, even if she pales in comparison to Etie. But then, who doesn't?

2 hours ago, joevar said:

im not trying to be racist at all,.. but somehow Fogado way of talking at the beginning is like a neighborhood gangster in GTA games talking, mainly GTA:SA and GTA V . he just stop short from saying "homies" and some swearing with that accent lmao. i find it funnier than expected.

No, I get what you're trying to say. Guy's real sassy. I like him, he's a cool dude. Somehow found his way to my team, too. I wanted more bows and he was there.

28 minutes ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

Kaga would be proud.

Incidentally, I checked his twit where he showed his final team. I am proud that he is using Best Girl and Best Boy. The lack of Etie disappoints me tho

15 minutes ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

Etie vs. "Momphir" for Ruben final battle go

It's gonna be difficult. I am steadily growing fonder of Etie, but Momphir is Momphir. A tough decision to be sure.

Me at work: Bleh no mood to do anything

2 hours later: Why didn't the day end yet

*Thinks*

Alright now i am ready to tackle work lol

This track so GOAT'd

i will set it up as alarm tone

maybe

Edited by Shrimpy -Limited Edition-

At this rate I'm going to end up drawing Sommie more than any other FE character.

19 minutes ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

Me at work: Bleh no mood to do anything

2 hours later: Why didn't the day end yet

*Thinks*

Alright now i am ready to tackle work lol

This track so GOAT'd

i will set it up as alarm tone

maybe

One of the most unique map themes in the series, certainly. I'm more of a fan of the Brodian theme myself, tho.

hmm it was heavy lightning storm outside, now it was flooding.. time to re-ENGAGE i guess.

3 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Funnily enough, the sniper model doesn't really fit Etie that well, but when you reclass her to warrior it looks perfect on her. It's like they intended for you to do that. And no wonder, the class suits her a lot better.

Too bad. Look at her and suffer. This is what everyone that benched her is missing out on.

I like how her arm is thin but you can still see it's toned. They didn't hold back like they very much could've and I thank them for it.

You kill things with her. It's not that hard, she is immensely strong.

Well, reclassing isn't for everyone. I've left a lot of people in their base class, even Alear. But some of these work better when reclassed. Like mage knight Boucheron!

The color palette changes, but I think the designs themselves are fixed.

Jade's doing fine for me. Her accuracy isn't the best and she REALLY doesn't like mages, but she's still an excellent physical tank and a great damage dealer, even if she pales in comparison to Etie. But then, who doesn't?

No, I get what you're trying to say. Guy's real sassy. I like him, he's a cool dude. Somehow found his way to my team, too. I wanted more bows and he was there.

Etie as warrior with that muscle will just make her a mountain bandit... but i'll see it for myself how it turns out.

Im horny enough even without Etie on the roster. now you just give me another potential stimulant

----

a bit oot .. afaik (and by that i mean after seeing many stuffs and learn many things), Etie proportion actually still realistic even if she trains like muscle brain. Its a fact that girl wont start become bulky like mountain bandit stereotypes just because they hit the gym for years. If theres young woman that becomes bulky like bodybuilders you see on advertisement, that usually only means 2 things: 1. they had unbalanced/unusually high hormones, 2. they take PEDS or steroids.

----

she's strong yeah. *checks her SPD and DEF* and so is enemy when facing her 😅

Jade's fine for me too. if im bored with louis, i switched him with her.

Fogado first impression from trailer makes me think of Claude 2.0. glad he's not really like that. or maybe similar but more straightforward without the hidden shrewdness. 

24 minutes ago, joevar said:

hmm it was heavy lightning storm outside, now it was flooding.. time to re-ENGAGE i guess.

Etie as warrior with that muscle will just make her a mountain bandit... but i'll see it for myself how it turns out.

Im horny enough even without Etie on the roster. now you just give me another potential stimulant

Someone needs to dish out some bonkings 'round here.

a bit oot .. afaik (and by that i mean after seeing many stuffs and learn many things), Etie proportion actually still realistic even if she trains like muscle brain. Its a fact that girl wont start become bulky like mountain bandit stereotypes just because they hit the gym for years. If theres young woman that becomes bulky like bodybuilders you see on advertisement, that usually only means 2 things: 1. they had unbalanced/unusually high hormones, 2. they take PEDS or steroids.

she's strong yeah. 

That's a lot of words to tell me Etie is best girl.

Then again... Aaaaargh it's going to be a close one with her, Jade and the other one...

*checks her SPD and DEF* and so is enemy when facing her 😅

Can't hurt her if you're already in pieces. Marni learned that lesson the hard way.

Jade's fine for me too. if im bored with louis, i switched him with her.

Jade is very cool. Such a shame the helmet goes away whrn shepromotes.

Fogado first impression from trailer makes me think of Claude 2.0. glad he's not really like that. or maybe similar but more straightforward without the hidden shrewdness. 

Yeah, I felt the same way initially, which is why I was surprised when I liked him.