Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

When I get them, I'd unironically give them to Louis, if I were to decide on that. Dude's a wall, best to have him get ahead always, pft.

He could survive one round of combat against Lucina's Noble Rapier in her paralogue...

Edited by Acacia Sgt

• Replies 176k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Shrimpica

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

2 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

You haven't or anything. I'm just trying not to get overloaded with gameplay info ATM. Knowledge is ~1/3rd the battle in FE, I don't want have too much of that when I start much later this year, and thereby avoid the blind bruising you're all going through right now. Everyone can continue on as they have!

Thats a relief then! I dont want to ruin anyones experience with spoilers!

Beat Lyn. Yeah I was way too overleveled for that one. I still have two more chapters before I get the first of the final two team mainstays.... I don't wanna start doing paralogues now lol

Ah well. We'll see what happens.

I will say I do think the map quality dips a bit in later Solm. Both Ch.15 and 16 don't really feel like Engage maps. Ch.15 is a corridor and Ch.16 has a tide gimmick that's kind of annoying (it's why I had to do that strat in the first place).

I hear Ch.17 is really good tho so looking forward to that.

hmm.. somehow lapis promotion into swordmaster really gives her the Hoshido sibling vibe with her pink hair.  Chloe promotion makes her wear proper full clothes a downgrade to sexy-ness. Meanwhile Anna promotion to warrior feel soooo wrong. thankfully i only test it on trial map it revert back.. phew

still waiting on the official opening theme song name and its lyric

1 hour ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

Sommie when it realized Lumera is no longer around to visit, pet and fed it 😢

5 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

That's a lot of words to tell me Etie is best girl.

Can't hurt her if you're already in pieces. Marni learned that lesson the hard way.

Someone needs to dish out some bonkings 'round here.

im giving you a favor there , helping you choose best girl. 

i just put byleth to her in paralogue that she gain 3 levels in one map. could be more if i really capitalize on that refill , but dont want to waste more time.

i just realized that SS you share was Etie on warrior.. smh.

Edited by joevar

2 minutes ago, joevar said:

hmm.. somehow lapis promotion into swordmaster really gives her the Hoshido sibling vibe with her pink hair.  Chloe promotion makes her wear proper full clothes a downgrade to sexy-ness. Meanwhile Anna promotion to warrior feel soooo wrong. thankfully i only test it on trial map it revert back.. phew

still waiting on the official opening theme song name and its lyric

I've yet to promote anyone on my end. I take it even those don't show up during cutscenes or post-battle map explorations either? 

2 minutes ago, joevar said:

Sommie when it realized Lumera will no longer visit to pet and fed it 😢

At least Alear is there now, right? ... right?

Spoiler

Yes, I know what happens to them near the endgame. But that still means they're still around, right...?

Okay, maybe not honest question, but sheesh.

Spoiler

I would have rather had Corrupt Hyacinth be fixable than the generic dragon loli. Heck, give me Griss, he's entertaining. Anyone but the goddamned loli.

Anyway, Griss leroy jenkins'd himself with Celica into my entire waiting army, but Marni had me sweating for a sec... Till Alear summoned a dodge mist and Etie's 1 HP clones cleaned house.

There really is no argument to have any Emblem other than Corrin on Alear after you get her. The sheer versatility you get from that Emblem with Alear.

15 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Reveal hidden contents

Yes, I know what happens to them near the endgame. But that still means they're still around, right...?

Spoiler

That's... One box I maybe shouldn't have opened.

...wait what am I talking about, I had zero expectations for the story. That is ominous enough to promise good things. Perhaps.

17 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

I've yet to promote anyone on my end. I take it even those don't show up during cutscenes or post-battle map explorations either? 

Reveal hidden contents

i think post-battle actually show their current battle outfit. if you're curious about promotion design theres that trial tower, which will revert everything. you dont even need to exit the tower. just pick a map, go inventory, check promotiom stuff, out to trial menu again, its reverted already

for now.. ? feels like the answer to that will lead to spoiler which i dont want to know yet.

and i feel like i should not open that spoilers.

gsdx-20230124115636.png

NISA...

10:30 on the playtime now, characters are mid-20s levelwise. I don't expect this will take more than ~35 hrs to finish, in part due to Gust's yearly output cycle (which ought to be good b/c I'll probably go on to Iris 2 sometime within six months of finishing the first, maybe within the month if I'm that foolhardy against the notion of "fatigue").

Whether Iris 1 will find itself a little mermaid -neither human nor fish, but tragically stuck in-between is a question on my mind. Which is to say- will it not have leaned enough into the traditional JRPG narrative/atmosphere, nor remain sufficiently cozily distinctively Atelier? So far, I wouldn't say there is an acute disparity, the way people would criticize Conquest for face-petting + CQ's plot. Whether there is a slow-burn where this fish gradually flails to death asphyxiating on wet sands as the high tide splashes ever weakly over its body, that is an open question. One I won't have answer to until the game is finished. Being the first in a trilogy, I would forgive it for failing to nail the direction. -Though I am enjoying the game so far, more as an appetizer JRPG than a main course. I'm merely speculating on the course it could take apart from how I feel.

10 minutes ago, joevar said:

i think post-battle actually show their current battle outfit. if you're curious about promotion design theres that trial tower, which will revert everything. you dont even need to exit the tower. just pick a map, go inventory, check promotiom stuff, out to trial menu again, its reverted already

So reclassing them at least will make them change outfits outside Somniel? Hm, I see.

13 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Reveal hidden contents

That's... One box I maybe shouldn't have opened.

...wait what am I talking about, I had zero expectations for the story. That is ominous enough to promise good things. Perhaps.

10 minutes ago, joevar said:

for now.. ? feels like the answer to that will lead to spoiler which i dont want to know yet.

and i feel like i should not open that spoilers.

Ah, yeah, I won't say more for now, then.

13 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

There really is no argument to have any Emblem other than Corrin on Alear after you get her. The sheer versatility you get from that Emblem with Alear.

But the Dragon Vein Avo tiles on Yunaka...

10 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

gsdx-20230124115636.png

NISA...

Oh that's right, NISA did localize Atelier for a good while.

In Arland, the character Esty Erhard had her last name changed to Dee. As in Esty Dee. As in STD. Normally I don't care for name changes but that one was rather juvenile.

12 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

10:30 on the playtime now, characters are mid-20s levelwise.

Atelier generally finds itself between the 10 and 30 hour mark. Depends on if there's a time-limit and whatnot. As of Shallie, it became possible to view every character ending in a single run because of the lack of a calendar so if you wanted to see them all, that would increase the play time considerably.

That got insanely difficult out of nowhere.

The amount of times I've caught myself thinking "that's gonna be fun in maddening." Sheesh.

18 minutes ago, Armagon said:

But the Dragon Vein Avo tiles on Yunaka...

Dragon units, IE Alear, get to pick the tile. Including the avoid fog.

Uhh.. why did i open youtube. I just had to click one of the most famous/notorious FE streamer and see "Finale..." in one of the video titles followed by chapter number. Now ive been spoiled. Minor one, but still a spoiler

Imagine waiting almost 3 years on your favorite franchise only to finish it less than a week. Just to rush that views before anyone else. Kinda a bit sad imo

4 minutes ago, FlyingKitsune said:

41zd755nqnda1.jpg?width=1024&auto=webp&v=enabled&s=4f49c8b1ce893b8c12fdf7d15ae5932d07efea02

Is that.. spoiler? The thumbnail for bio change randomly or by progress? Or is that second/third page? since iirc thats not the same picture i see, last time i check bio

Edited by joevar

3 minutes ago, joevar said:

Is that.. spoiler? The thumbnail for bio change randomly or by progress? Or is that second/third page? since iirc thats not the same picture i see, last time i check bio

Shouldn't be spoilers, I think all you have to do is max out Sommie's gauge to unlock this. Don't quote me on that.

Edited by FlyingKitsune

7 hours ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

4 hours ago, FlyingKitsune said:

41zd755nqnda1.jpg?width=1024&auto=webp&v=enabled&s=4f49c8b1ce893b8c12fdf7d15ae5932d07efea02

STOP MAKING ME FEEL THINGS!!!

6 hours ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

Time to finish up my work for today, hopefully in less than an hour

then

It’s been a long day for me as well. What to do now that I’m home? Continue reading the short stories of Philip K. Dick, one of the SF greats, or be frustrated at Fire Emblem? Decisions, decisions…

Edited by Sidereal Wraith