Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

8 minutes ago, joevar said:

Imagine waiting almost 3 years on your favorite franchise only to finish it less than a week. Just to rush that views before anyone else. Kinda a bit sad imo

I imagine that if it was enjoyable for them, the time spent playing it was worth it. Nothing sad about it.

• Replies 175.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Shrimpy -Limited Edition-

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

Spoiler

"Give in to your impulses, Emblem Leif."

Somehow loses defense from this and falls within one-round range of Etie

Hilarious.

Not as much as the strategy I had to employ to save myself there tho. Literally just lure Hyacinth and Veyle east with Rosado. They fell for it and I was able to isolate them and deal with each on their own.

...oh but thank GOODNESS Zephia doesn't move. If she did this probably would be impossible lol

Welp, that's chapter 17. That was super difficult and I am gonna cry when I replay the game on maddening.

Spoiler

At least we got Leif and Sigurd back. Good call to give Leif back first - since Byleth is a shitty teacher, we rely on him for reclassing shenanigans. With him back, we can do some more of those.

Also, the next chapter is where the game begins to give me my last two units I've been looking forward to. At last! When I have them, I'll begin working on the paralogues in earnest.

...also, why didn't Hyacinth fall to the ground when he died? He didn't retreat like the others! What a blunder 0/10 game

Edited by Saint Rubenio

5 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Welp, that's chapter 17. That was super difficult and I am gonna cry when I replay the game on maddening

How would you say it compares to the other famous "kicks you in the balls" maps in the series?

49 minutes ago, Armagon said:

How would you say it compares to the other famous "kicks you in the balls" maps in the series?

Uuuuhhhh

It's fair, it doesn't pull any nonsense. Heck, they actually isolated both of the most potentially nightmarish enemies so you can deal with them on their own.

It is just very tough lol, easily gets out of hand if you let it.

I had this odd dream where demo copies of Fire Emblem Engage were being offered to try out in my town, I went to this event but in the dream the game was some kind of Smash Brothers Fire Emblem game.

Strange.

14 hours ago, Benice said:

My personal favorites are

"For some reason, only females have been found. It creates a reverse harem of male Salandit that it lives with."

"Salazzle lives deep in caves and forces the Salandit it has attracted with its pheromones to serve it."

...Gamefreak knew exactly what they were doing with this one.

I think I've heard of a lizard species that does something like that actually...

13 hours ago, Eltosian Kadath said:

It was the first mainline game to take place outside Japan, as Unova is based on the greater New York City area. Admittedly the two double battle spinoff games on the Gamecube, Colosseum and XD Gale of Darkness, are set in Orre, which is based on Arizona.

With it being based off of New York I've definitely noticed some popular American caricatures. The backpackers, the hip-hop break dancers, the cowboys (Even though this is New England but whatever) the construction workers. It's all very familiar.

Just now, Edelguardiansing said:

With it being based off of New York I've definitely noticed some popular American caricatures. The backpackers, the hip-hop break dancers, the cowboys (Even though this is New England but whatever) the construction workers. It's all very familiar.

More like Mid-Atlantic. NY isn't part of New England.

That said, I believe it was stated Unova was designed more as a Melting Pot, than just be Pokémon NYC (then again, NYC is a melting pot, no...?). Which is why the starters are French/Western, Chinese, and Japanese.

Just now, Saint Rubenio said:

If you neglect visiting Sommie, he starts to like you less.

I discovered this two maps ago and I still feel like a monster. Never again, little guy. Never again.

Anyway, chapter 18 time.

I wonder. Is that like, time based, or on a per-map one? At the very least, I went almost an entire day without playing the game, and Sommie was still at max.

I love how random this guy is. I'm putting it in spoilers for the purists, but really, there's no spoiler here. The only spoiler is that this guy is a character that exists in the game. It's on the level of spoiling that Garret is a thing.

Spoiler

So you've been fighting the Hounds for chapters straight. Stakes are high, fights are grueling, we are slowly gaining the upper hand to bring the fight to Sombron's Elusia.

...and all of a sudden, the game gives you a filler-ass boat chapter with chapter 3's not-so-dead boss - why her? Why not a new throwaway? - and... Lindon. A completely random guy who is recruitable for no reason. He's just there, you talk to him and he joins.

I mean, I'm glad, I love the guy's style, but still. This would've been okay in an older game, but here he just feels super tacked on. At least Saphir gets the briefest of introductions to establish she exists early on.

Then again, maybe I'm on to something. Maybe it IS supposed to be a homage to the old days' random-ass units lol

11 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

I wonder. Is that like, time based, or on a per-map one? At the very least, I went almost an entire day without playing the game, and Sommie was still at max.

Probably map based. I believe I forgot to visit him for a couple maps, and he became sad. And then made me sad.

2 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Probably map based. I believe I forgot to visit him for a couple maps, and he became sad. And then made me sad.

Figures. Considering the other facilities definitely reset after doing a map.

6 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

And uh, this.

Long Etie is loooooooong.

6 hours ago, Armagon said:

Everyone.

A surprise to be sure, but a welcome one. Though I'm not sure if it narrows my choices down...

4 hours ago, Armagon said:

Schrodinger's Attorney

Eat your croissants, Apollo.

Incidentally, the French version is also the only one to change anyone's names, as the other languages use the English names. For example, Jean Armstrong from Recipe for Turnabout is made Italian and named Luigi Labocca.

4 hours ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Now I want to see what they did with Nine-Tails Vale...

Unfortunately only the first four games were translated into French, so we never found out.

3 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

There really is no argument to have any Emblem other than Corrin on Alear after you get her. The sheer versatility you get from that Emblem with Alear.

It seems that dragon royals have to stick together.

27 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

That said, I believe it was stated Unova was designed more as a Melting Pot, than just be Pokémon NYC (then again, NYC is a melting pot, no...?). Which is why the starters are French/Western, Chinese, and Japanese.

I said this on another forum once, but I think the "melting pot" thing was just an excuse for Game Freak to do whatever they wanted. Why else would Unova have legendaries inspired by the Three Musketeers, Japanese gods, and yin-yang dragons? I would've liked a Mothman Pokémon, personally.

35 minutes ago, Edelguardiansing said:

I had this odd dream where demo copies of Fire Emblem Engage were being offered to try out in my town, I went to this event but in the dream the game was some kind of Smash Brothers Fire Emblem game.

This only furthers the Super Smash Bros is just Fire Emblem meme.

Roughly 30 minutes remaining until I can Engage…

6 hours ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

Celine be like:

"Tea Taimu Jo"

>Crit

>Ignis

>Magic Circle jump

>Dressing Style

>Insta double

>Speedtaker

>Cope

>Seethe

>Didn't Ask

>Drink Tea 

>in the afterlife

Fbmdrfp.jpg

I do like Céline tho. Her support with Alcryst is randomly pretty interesting, although I haven’t finished it because Engage A support moment

6 hours ago, Armagon said:

I think i'll just set the difficulty to 1 and use it to farm Supports.

Good idea.

2 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

That got insanely difficult out of nowhere.

The amount of times I've caught myself thinking "that's gonna be fun in maddening." Sheesh.

What chapters? I can ping you when I complain talk about them, if you’re interested.

2 hours ago, joevar said:

Is that.. spoiler? The thumbnail for bio change randomly or by progress? Or is that second/third page? since iirc thats not the same picture i see, last time i check bio

You get a new page added to Sommie’s bio when you increase Alear’s bond with them. Like how you get pages added for characters from getting supports with them.

4 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Her support with Alcryst is randomly pretty interesting, although I haven’t finished it because Engage A support moment

Later Alear ones are good, and i have heard Alfred one is pretty cool, and i am starting Fogado one atm.

And that's chapter 18. After 17, it's a welcome breather... Though not quite a walk in the park. It got pretty frantic for a couple turns, but wise use of my emblems allowed me to pull through.

Spoiler

Lindon's pretty fun, though. At first glance you think "okay he's old that's his character", but he's not only old, he's also a widower. Aww.

...Oh, and he's a mad scientist. Yeah, that's the unexpected part. Not the Hanneman kind either, where he has a good few paragraphs to explain his tragic backstory to justify his need for Byleth's blood. He just wants to cast thunder on Alear until her hair burns out so he can figure out how she managed to soundly sleep for a thousand years.

That is their C support. Amazing.

Also, the Emblems got together to talk about "the miracle" that they can perform, and Lucina suggested Lumera for this miracle, whatever it is. I'd just like to say, I and a whole bunch of other people saw this coming before the game even came out, just by seeing the crappily edited out 13th Emblem.

But, you know what? No matter. If Lumera really is brought back as an Emblem, it'll be the best use of a parent in the history of FE (not that that's saying much), so I don't mind that it's obvious. Kinda hoping this is the one place where they don't throw the game's first curveball lol

Also why the FUCK was Abyme alive, she died way back in chapter 3, returned with zero explanation and delivered a few more generic throwaway lines before dying again. Stay down this time, pretty please?

1 hour ago, Lightchao42 said:

Long Etie is loooooooong.

You don't understand, it's a perspective thing.

You are kneeling before her.

1 hour ago, Lightchao42 said:

It seems that dragon royals have to stick together.

They really do. That has to be the most impactful of the type/Emblem synergies I've seen. Like, yeah, full range Lyn is great but it's hideously overkill. Never once have I found myself wanting it, the regular range has sufficed in all situations. This is just so much better that there really is no reason not to have Corrin on Alear forever.

58 minutes ago, Sooks said:

What chapters? I can ping you when I complain talk about them, if you’re interested.

Please do. I really would like to know how you do in chapter 17.

I finished Juro's route, 13 Sentinels's explanation for why the kaiju are attacking is the funniest thing, and it simultaneously blew my mind. What is this, Metal Gear Solid 2?

Spoiler

If only Tsukasa Okino didn't program the UFO's master computer using code from a kaiju fighting simulator, then none of this would've happened. The fact that the game mode where you battle kaiju with your mechs... is inspired by an in-universe game where you battle kaiju with your mechs is one of the greatest plot twists I have ever seen. Even the game's upgrading mechanics have a story justification.

I would say I'm looking forward to getting a Godzilla simulator in 2154, but I don't think I'll live that long. At least Toho seems to be doing well in the 13 Sentinels universe unless humanity is extinct, that is.

I'm starting Engage's Chapter 7 now, I hope Hortensia keeps the skill that reduces weapon effectiveness when she becomes playable.

14 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

You are kneeling before her.

An understandable reaction.

15 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

They really do. That has to be the most impactful of the type/Emblem synergies I've seen. Like, yeah, full range Lyn is great but it's hideously overkill. Never once have I found myself wanting it, the regular range has sufficed in all situations. This is just so much better that there really is no reason not to have Corrin on Alear forever.

I tried giving Micaiah to Alear because I thought a lord with staff access would be useful... but Alear's magic is too low to make good use of her abilities. I'll keep Marth on her for now and experiment when I get more Emblems.

I’m never doing a Tempest Trial again

That was so boring and gave like… no rewards (I had to lower the difficulty but not doing so would’ve made it take longer)