Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

11 minutes ago, joevar said:

Just kidding. Either way i can feel what you said there

Oh, I didnt get the joke, lmao. 

2b54af80b9013973ca799bf721578952.png

Tbh i really forgot about farming upgrade material for emblem weapon. And now already in chapter 24 i dont feel like doing it anymore. But seems i need to check how bad it is

It isnt difficult at all, just time consuming. You need to complete 3 maps and your earn 2-3 of most and 10 or so of the type of your choosing. 

Edited by Lightcosmo

• Replies 176k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Shrimpica

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

22 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Yes, I love being dragged by my boss to fix a situation, then being abandoned by him even though I have no passwords or admin powers to utilize to fix anything.

Just spent like 30 minutes awkwardly waiting for someone to give me a password. And then the solution I was trying out didn't even work, so I left and the new girl still cannot work. Comedy.

work life in a nutshell

18 minutes ago, joevar said:

Almost everytime i see someone hate on Engage, its followed by 3H comparison or straight up saying 3H is a better games

Yeah while not only them, it's mostly 3H peeps yeah

When it comes to disliking a game i suppose it depends on the argument.

For example, if someone said they disliked Awakening because of the balance and their favorite FE game was FE4, well i would certainly start to wonder. XD

12 minutes ago, Lightcosmo said:

The chapter Shrimpy was speaking of reminds me of TLP's fight against the Sage boss! Xd

I drew the same comparison at the time lol. It really is pretty similar.

Almost everytime i see someone hate on Engage, its followed by 3H comparison or straight up saying 3H is a better games

Clearly so many are hating for the sake of hating. Like ruben (if him then other) said: they are bitter its not becoming 3H the series

Yep. I don't think I've seen a single person criticizing this game without dropping some variation of "Three Houses had the best narrative/worldbuilding/characters and this is such a letdown after it." 

Honestly at this point Koei should just start their own series of Persona 5 knock-offs. Then the 3H fanbase can go their merry way and I get to keep my 

Its a shame really. Since this is not even fates where the story But oh well.. 

Yeah, the story is pretty mediocre most of the time, and I must admit I do not subscribe to the "it's a parody/intentionally goofy" defense (all the long, drawn out, straightforward melodrama scenes point to the contrary), but Fates tier? Or even worse? Far from it, very far.

5 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

That's because people want to get all countries to max donation level and still have 100k to spare.

They don't realize it's Berwick furniture lol

You upgrade them to lv.2 to be able to adopt the animals and that's it.

3 hours ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

On Engage: Ya know, unless something changes really changes in the remaining 6 maps...this game has no "Token FE awful map"? Yeah some are weaker (around Solm), sure, but nothing awful. Nothing on the same level as Fox Hell or Berwick snow or whatever each and every game has.

Yeah like Ch.18 is the worst map in the game but it's still leagues better than the dogshit in the other games.

1 hour ago, Lightcosmo said:

No but you dont need to max level augment grind in XCX but for those that WANT to, its a pain.

But there is no reason too unless there's like Apotheosis DLC later or some shit.

You needed the Augments in X if you wanted to take on the Super bosses.

2 hours ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

Yeah that's what scares me lol. The receptions online so far...aren't the best. 

I do think it's telling how most of the game's detractors are people who've only played Three Houses tho.

19 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Yeah, the story is pretty mediocre most of the time, and I must admit I do not subscribe to the "it's a parody/intentionally goofy" defense

The beginning of the game more or less is though. Things change after Ch.10 of course but still.

3 minutes ago, Armagon said:

But there is no reason too unless there's like Apotheosis DLC later or some shit.

You needed the Augments in X if you wanted to take on the Super bosses.

*Puts option in-game but doesn't actually want people to use it*

logic? XD

5 minutes ago, Lightcosmo said:

logic? XD

In Rune Factory, the maximum level is 999. Do you need to go to 999? Not really. Can you? Sure. Is it worth it? Not really.

Edited by Armagon

6 minutes ago, Armagon said:

In Runs Factory, the maximum level is 999. Do you need to go to 999? Not really. Can you? Sure. Is it worth it? Not really.

Then it's just a waste of time/effort. See, these things should be FUN, not a "oh, i can do this and really get nothing out of it".

If i want to grind something out, i want to actually put my all into it, not just go through the motions.

This is simply trying to justify a bad gameplay decision.

Edited by Lightcosmo

To clarify, this argument is akin to the whole "oh you don't have to use MQ in CS games" but that doesn't change they fact that they are so broken they achieve the opposite effect of fun. And rather than admitting they are an issue; many try to say "don't use them" instead as justification.

And not even considering difficulty, they just give you brain-dead... everything, really. Art lists, abilities, the whole deal. XD

I really dislike this argument as a general. XD

Edited by Lightcosmo

uh oh Yunaka starts to fall of near endgame... 😞

hot takes guys.. The villain in Engage is actually well-written, at least as far as FE villains go. another initial assumption i have before release thats completely way-off mark, which im glad

6 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Yep. I don't think I've seen a single person criticizing this game without dropping some variation of "Three Houses had the best narrative/worldbuilding/characters and this is such a letdown after it." 

Honestly at this point Koei should just start their own series of Persona 5 knock-offs. Then the 3H fanbase can go their merry way and I get to keep my 

worldbuilding, ok 3H is good, its 3 kingdom afterall...where have i seen it again
Best narrative, cant say with many plot point scattered between routes. Best characters? i havent seen all the support in 3H, but from what i've seen there and in Engage, seems no clear winner to me.

Engage actually do interesting side-antagonist and with full closure to it no less, this proves itself as a good FE story to me. By antagonist i mean actual antagonist that we would never side with, will never use in any route whatsoever that they became actual protags. (yes, im referring to fates and 3H antagonists). this point will not be evident until you play it or get spoiled. unlike 3H where they just become part of marketing.

also, can i take back what i said about late game joiner in this game being bad? they are actually good. hehehe...

5 minutes ago, Lightcosmo said:

logic? XD

maybe they will add post game stuff challenge or something. or maybe the trial tower will have super duper hard map in it later on online or something. i dunno.

so im in chapter 24, recommended lvl net me crystal up to 19.. waaiiit up to? uhh..

its true its badly calculated. i guess its late-development balance issues.
cant upgrade -> useless/weaker vs. normal weap.
easy and fun to (farm the) upgrade -> become super weapon thats available up to to 12 people at once.

if this were a PC games, then the solution is easy, just up the amount of potential maximum drop by 50% in a hotfix is enough. but this is nintendo game, i dont think they had history about being that flexible enough

Just now, joevar said:

maybe they will add post game stuff challenge or something. or maybe the trial tower will have super duper hard map in it later on online or something. i dunno.

so im in chapter 24, recommended lvl net me crystal up to 19.. waaiiit up to? uhh..

its true its badly calculated. i guess its late-development balance issues.
cant upgrade -> useless/weaker vs. normal weap.
easy and fun to (farm the) upgrade -> become super weapon thats available up to to 12 people at once.

if this were a PC games, then the solution is easy, just up the amount of potential maximum drop by 50% in a hotfix is enough. but this is nintendo game, i dont think they had history about being that flexible enough

All of this should have been pre-considered imo, they are no stranger to this at this point.

Yeah, and it isn't generous at all either. XD

Isn't that on their end for not balancing the weapons. I wouldn't say that Parallel Falchion's 10 Mt 80 Hit 10 Wt and 5 Crt are "broken"

Now we move to the Binding Blade for example and things get a bit dicey for balance. lmao

43 minutes ago, Armagon said:

do think it's telling how most of the game's detractors are people who've only played Three Houses tho

Attract Personaboos and your fanbase goes to shit. A classic

17 minutes ago, Lightcosmo said:

this argument is akin to the whole "oh you don't have to use MQ in CS games"

You are comparing an optional side grimd with a main game mechanic here

14 minutes ago, joevar said:

uh oh Yunaka starts to fall of near endgame.

I gave her Roy-cchi

14 minutes ago, joevar said:

The villain in Engage is actually well-written, at least as far as FE villains go

Dunno about well written, but Sombron atleast competent

Edited by Shrimpy -Limited Edition-

16 minutes ago, Lightcosmo said:

Now we move to the Binding Blade for example and things get a bit dicey for balance. lmao

its not even the strongest sword out of all emblem final weapon. the original actually has 18 MT with capability to heal the user ..... it even lose to light brand here , smh. they even made it the design when you use it different! just WHY
what are they smoking in IS.
i actually want to cry here

oh about parallel falchion i remember it have lower MT in original games versus exalted falchion. so theres that too

5 minutes ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

the four hounds. not sombron. i forgot the "side/secondary" part there

Edited by joevar

23 minutes ago, Lightcosmo said:

To clarify, this argument is akin to the whole "oh you don't have to use MQ in CS games"

This is not the same thing.

6 minutes ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

gave her Roy-cchi

My Yunaka wrecks shit with Byleth.

6 minutes ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

I want to put the Hounds and Sombron over most FE villains mainly because they are actually relevant.

Well moreso the Hounds than Sombron, they are a consistent threat instead of just fucking off in their castle until the plot calls on them to act like most villains in the series.

4 minutes ago, joevar said:

oh about parallel falchion i remember it have lower MT in original games versus exalted falchion. so theres that too

Awakening version has 12 Mt the ability to heal and kills Fell Dragon's. Lacking any of that here. XD

9 minutes ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

You are comparing an optional side grimd with a main game mechanic here

So basically the logic is "it's okay for side content to be boring". Got it. XD

2 minutes ago, Armagon said:

My Yunaka wrecks shit with Byleth.

Byleth i now gave to SPOILER

2 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Well moreso the Hounds than Sombron, they are a consistent threat instead of just fucking off in their castle until the plot calls on them to act like most villains in the series.

If only they didn't suffer from "i have been defeated but can't fall here" a bit much

3 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Just one page? What a miracle.

Midweek work moment

2 minutes ago, Lightcosmo said:

So basically the logic is "it's okay for side content to be boring". Got it. XD

Well, asloing as it can be ignored and game ain't designed around it

Just now, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

Well, asloing as it can be ignored and game ain't designed around it

Then what is the point? See, as a dev, they should consider; there are alot of people that enjoy endgame/side content of games, so we should probably make this enjoyable for the many that enjoy those things! Clearly weren't capable of that though. lmao