Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

image.png.fe034dc7ad085486ce1108e022b2109c.png

Found him.

Hagel proceeded to eagerly fondle a sword and made it feel uncomfortable, believing it would even taste good.

He later forced Felt to learn blacksmithing. A simple way to upgrade everyone's weapons.

gsdx-20230123165004.png

Makes for an okay comparison of the two games aesthetically.

1 hour ago, Armagon said:

As you can imagine, this is very basic stuff for Atelier. A lot of gatherable objects require certain items and tools for you to get them.

I'm guessing Iris 1 ditched them. Or maybe this all started in Iris 2.

Iris 1 had a small variety of field actions. Elemental Extraction (which remains in AI2, except now it's a magic circle instead of thwacking objects), shooting fireballs, a platform for a little extra height, to name the three most used ones. They weren't utilized to their full potential, so I don't mind the replacement with consumable alchemical items being usable on various things.

Edited by Interdimensional Observer

• Replies 176.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Shrimpica

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

23 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Oh there is, it's just that Kitsune was talking about the more traditional paired endings.

Do you know when we get the replacement?

21 minutes ago, Lightcosmo said:

I dunno, i kinda disagree personally. I can understand it, but i dont really like the concept honestly.

If the player has access to status staves, so should the enemy imo. Like many maps so fat i felt would be better if they had a couple more enemy staffers to play around.

Depends on implementation tho

Well, maxed Elusia's donations. The reward is nifty, but the number of uses... well, that's a job for Hortensia. Just need to give her some more Dex so the class skill can proc more reliably. Okay, enough Engage for tonight. Will do Celica's Paralogue tomorrow.

... Oh yeah, I wanted to do a custom Emblem build.

Gotta say, for a moment seeing Entrap is in Engage it made me possibly rethink things... then I remembered Recover is also in, yet it's also available through Emblem Celica. Not like I wanted to be that mindful of the gameplay side of things... for now at least. But thinking on things, I might've needed to change it anyway. Although, it's kinda funny. Celica employs magic and swords, and has a healing spell. So her Emblem self giving Tome and Sword proficiencies checks... but then she does not use a single sword, instead having the one healing spell, which in Engage is a Staff naturally, and the remaining two are offensives spells, that is Tomes. But she does not give Staff proficiency in spite of this. It's kinda curious how that works.

Well anyway, starting to do some build-crafting, I actually wanted to go for something a bit unusual and do another "multi-character Emblem", like how the Emblem of Rivals works. Though don't know if it would be randomly alternating like with the Rivals, or be it with a command prompt like the Azure Twins. Anyway, I'll just throw stuff around and start consolidating an actual set at some point.

Putting it in a tab to avoid clutter... not like it matters.

Talking To The Wall GIFs | Tenor

I know the drill.

... actually, it's too late of an hour anyway, will post it tomorrow morning...

6 hours ago, Armagon said:

I think? Cause like plot is merely the sequence of events. It requires characters. Of any kind, but it requires characters.

Plot is the how, characters are the why.

It's why any plot is good on paper but in practice, it depends on what characters you populate it with. It's why characters are so, so damn important.

Like in Fire Emblem alone, Shadow Dragon's plot is barebones because there's barely any characterization of anybody. 

Yeah, pretty much. Engage's characters are pretty good, it's just what happens in it ranges from the contrived, to the painfully predictable, to the downright silly.

5 hours ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

Wth why is Takumi here

So this is just Conquest endgame i see

Which chapter? Because to me nothing felt quite as horrible like Conquest Endgame.

...ohhh wait right. Yeah I actually thought of that too. Though it's a lot less brutal... And a lot more enjoyable, in my humble opinion.

8 hours ago, Newtype06 said:

image.png

Me every time a game that I like is divisive

Frankly, I don't care. People can think whatever they like. In this case, I am winner regardless.

8 hours ago, Newtype06 said:

Also, when are you going to update your profile with Engage finally trumping New Mystery?

Lol I forgot. 

4 hours ago, Armagon said:

2023020222240800_s.jpg?width=1100&height

So for the record, i don't actually ship Alear with anybody. This is more of a  "friends with benefits" situation, the benefits of course being

Ch.22

Hide contents

2023020222242200_s.jpg?width=1100&height

This is gonna synergize extremely well with Alear using Fog Vein.....though that set up requires Seadall....which is a good thing because it adds to the counter anyways.

Aww yeah. That's how I got Lindon to 100% crit. Yunaka can probably do it too, if you use up Alear's turn to create terrain.

Honestly, no snark, I love it. Who would've thought two characters so radically different would end up having the same niche. Someone needs to do the shaking hands meme with those two, and in the middle is 100% crit.

4 hours ago, Lightcosmo said:

I think that more creativity should be applied (perhaps give the enemies more weapon variety for starters, no need for Silver spam again)

Personally, I'm okay with silver spam for one specific, very shallow reason: It makes the old man's personal trigger all the time.

3 hours ago, Armagon said:

Ch.24 

Hide contents

SPOILER_2023020223213700_s.jpg?width=110

SPOILER_2023020223231500_s.jpg?width=110

These bonuses man. 

You can do better than that, Armagon. She's not even close to 100 crit.

27 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Yeah I actually thought of that too. Though it's a lot less brutal..

Yeah i kinda miss the brutality, needed a couple staves here and there as i said. Then again i am on hard. Maybe on Luna kek

29 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

You can do better than that, Armagon. She's not even close to 100 crit.

Ikr

54% is on the low side smh

So here's a small idea i just got: Break Defence + Merciless. the question is if they stack on the same combat?

Ie. If first attack breaks, does the follow up attack thanks to break defense get the 50% damage increase? Could be a fuin build on slower high str characters

30 minutes ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

Yeah i kinda miss the brutality, needed a couple staves here and there as i said. Then again i am on hard. Maybe on Luna kek

Eh, with the ballistae being a nuisance I didn't really lomg for also getting frozen. But to each their own. We'll see what happens on Maddening.

30 minutes ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

Ikr

54% is on the low side smh

You know what I need to do?

Use both star waifu AND the old man next run. Because what's better than one 100% crit machine?

now that i think about it more, the characters ending is kinda...

Spoiler

sad & bittersweet. Heck, even Veyle ending literally said everyone else that was her friends except Alear, already died when she ascend the throne of Gradlon. She really become the Tiki of Engage, while Alear become Naga. i guess either the citizen of Elyos accept that Veyle being Fell Dragon didnt really matter , or they just shrugged it off and think she's also a Divine Dragon like her brother.

But you know what, im so happy it actually one of the things that i wished next FE after 3House going to be like.
Its ironic that the ending of 3H are complete Sunshine & Rainbow despite the game keep shoving the reality of war, society, and what not.   so many of the endings i've seen basically Disney princess level of endings

4 hours ago, Armagon said:

Oh that's........the first turn limit map in the entire game huh.

i like how the more you get to endgame, the map become even more varied to. either from condition or mechanics.

usually its the reverse, where its more of the same stuff going forward

23 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Eh, with the ballistae being a nuisance I didn't really lomg for also getting frozen

from the one that gets to use ballista, to the one that get shot at by ballista. this game is balanced

Looooooool

I thought this only happened to me.

1 hour ago, joevar said:

now that i think about it more, the characters ending is kinda...

Hide contents

sad & bittersweet. Heck, even Veyle ending literally said everyone else that was her friends except Alear, already died when she ascend the throne of Gradlon. She really become the Tiki of Engage, while Alear become Naga. i guess either the citizen of Elyos accept that Veyle being Fell Dragon didnt really matter , or they just shrugged it off and think she's also a Divine Dragon like her brother.

But you know what, im so happy it actually one of the things that i wished next FE after 3House going to be like.
Its ironic that the ending of 3H are complete Sunshine & Rainbow despite the game keep shoving the reality of war, society, and what not.   so many of the endings i've seen basically Disney princess level of endings

That stood out to me too. The one that surprised me the most was

Spoiler

Alfred. He seems like he has a generic good boy prince ending... Until in the second paragraph, it is said he dies young. Damn, that was unexpected.

1 hour ago, joevar said:

i like how the more you get to endgame, the map become even more varied to. either from condition or mechanics.

usually its the reverse, where its more of the same stuff going forward

One thing I found pretty funny was when the tutorial box popped up to explain maps with turn limits and started with "in certain maps..."

Yeah, certain maps. IE a single map at the very end of the game.

1 hour ago, joevar said:

from the one that gets to use ballista, to the one that get shot at by ballista. this game is balanced

Joke's on 'em, I still had Lyn!

8 hours ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

If the player has access to status staves, so should the enemy imo

Like i said before, apply this mentality to things like RD's mastery skills and suddenly the game becomes a chore to play. It really HAS to be done right if you want it to be enjoyable.

3 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Personally, I'm okay with silver spam for one specific, very shallow reason: It makes the old man's personal trigger all the time.

I... Dont think.that makes it good game design, though. Xd

29 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

One thing I found pretty funny was when the tutorial box popped up to explain maps with turn limits and started with "in certain maps..."

Yeah, certain maps. IE a single map at the very end of the game

Especially more funny when you consider that every map has a soft turn limit

14 minutes ago, Lightcosmo said:

I... Dont think.that makes it good game design, though. Xd

Hahaha.... Well, I will say, it does mean he's stuck with El-tier tomes. If he goes to the magic silvers he stops having crit. That's where the balancing is at, I think.

...of course, with his mad crit rates, he hardly needs to lol

10 minutes ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

Especially more funny when you consider that every map has a soft turn limit

...they do?

21 minutes ago, Lightcosmo said:

It really HAS to be done right if you want it to be enjoyable

Fates

5 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

they do?

Stuff like thiefs, villages, reinforcements etc. that kinda force you to move fast

16 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Hahaha.... Well, I will say, it does mean he's stuck with El-tier tomes. If he goes to the magic silvers he stops having crit. That's where the balancing is at, I think.

What your chars are using really doesnt have much to do with the fact that they spam Silver tier weapons on enemies overall. They could really use some diversity imo.

10 minutes ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

Fates

But Fates and Engage are not the same game with the exact same design philosophies.

Edited by Lightcosmo