Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

19 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Engage is the one game in the series that can get away with it. If this stuff happened in the SUPER SERIOUS POLITICAL WAR story it.....well it'd be worse, wouldn't it?

Ikr

Like every damn game in the series is plagued by this, and the on time the series plays it straight people hate it lmao

10 minutes ago, Lightcosmo said:

This does not define low stats. XD

Do you want every weapon to have 5Mt xD

13 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Keep seeing people say "Lumera's death bad because they tried to make us care" as if they literally didn't show it in the trailer and make a whole-ass tweet about it.

I'll say

Yes Lumera's death bad

But damn it if Lumera didn't become my fav. FE mom/parent

• Replies 176.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Shrimpica

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

10 minutes ago, joevar said:

cheese-ing. "but its there, why not use it??" well, so is silver-wares

The issue with them doing weapon spam is it becomes predictable and thus boring. Whether or not it's the best strat for the enemies is irrelevent, as i said they could give them forges ala Awakening after all. Hell, they could insert more weapons into the game at base.

They could have given some enemies Flame Lances to wield instead of Spear for example, but nah.

And before "but low MAG class!", You can set stats per enemy, Fates did this with Heroes with Levin Sword and Adventurer with Shining Bow.

Just now, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

Do you want every weapon to have 5Mt xD

You said it yourself, Fates' Iron weapons have use even though they are weaker. Clearly power doesn't mean everything there.

1 minute ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

Yes Lumera's death bad

I think it's funny. Not the emotions themselves but because she's on the same level as Mwamba having the skill "I'll Survive".

1 minute ago, Lightcosmo said:

Fates' Iron weapons have use even though they are weaker. Clearly power doesn't mean everything there.

That's because Fates has a different method of balancing weapons (by giving drawbacks and such), but it seems everyone but me hates it lmao

1 minute ago, Armagon said:

"As for Grand Knights History, we may or may not be working on a similar yet totally different project."

giphy.gif

It remind me I should try playing a little more of that game, my brief experience was suddenly dropped because ...I forget why I did.😅 It wasn't bad, yet I don't think I had gotten into a comfy fun groove with it at the time. Loosely reminds me of Soma Bringer despite the former being a turn-based RPG and the latter an ARPG. Both are portable, multiplayer-intended, gameplay-first, Japan-only games that aren't as ambitious/grandiose as their dev's other creations.

54 minutes ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

Welp. Then we are back to the original scenario. I will live in fear of FE turning into glorified VNs because that's what most people want apparently, and if it comes to that, I will stick to fangames.

But, you know what? Worst case scenario was that happening immediately after Houses, so already it's an improvement. They can never take Engage from us, and I expect I will keep coming back to it for years, like all the other good FEs.

Best case scenario, they keep delivering games of this quality with good stories. But IntSys seemingly hates the very idea lol

41 minutes ago, joevar said:

also .. why you ask about line up but not commenting on it

Oh shoot, I missed it! Hol' up, hol' up....

....booo, boooooo all royals! Booooo-- ooo Jade and Pandreo. That's cool!

2/10 no Old People Squad

the reward material for Emblem weapon scaled with lvl.

but its capped. post game now unlock the cap level for trial they can go way way higher.. huh

so basically my guess is right. its meant to be effective post game, but just made available since halfway thru the game.

I'd say, it would've been an interesting scenario if Lumera had died in Chapter 10 instead.

4 hours ago, joevar said:

now that i think about it more, the characters ending is kinda...

Hide contents

sad & bittersweet. Heck, even Veyle ending literally said everyone else that was her friends except Alear, already died when she ascend the throne of Gradlon. She really become the Tiki of Engage, while Alear become Naga. i guess either the citizen of Elyos accept that Veyle being Fell Dragon didnt really matter , or they just shrugged it off and think she's also a Divine Dragon like her brother.

But you know what, im so happy it actually one of the things that i wished next FE after 3House going to be like.
Its ironic that the ending of 3H are complete Sunshine & Rainbow despite the game keep shoving the reality of war, society, and what not.   so many of the endings i've seen basically Disney princess level of endings

Reminds me of the Kaga games, specially in Archanea, where a lot of people simply don't get a happy ending.

1 hour ago, joevar said:

before that ,can anyone even confirmed silver spam happen in lowest difficulty too?

if they were really lazy, then the enemy have exact same placement than the story chapter the skirmish took place down to the boss position, type, etc.. 

You mean the enemies all using silvers and equivalent? Yeah, I've noticed that. Only varying when carrying 1-2 weapons and stuff for the physical attackers.

2 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

and if it comes to that, I will stick to fangames.

But, you know what? Worst case scenario was that happening immediately after Houses, so already it's an improvement. They can never take Engage from us, and I expect I will keep coming back to it for years, like all the other good FEs.

Not to mention Engage very hackable, so we might get some good hacks out of it. That + Fates hacking rising gives me enough stuff to play if the series drops it's gameplay for story

4 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Best case scenario, they keep delivering games of this quality with good stories.

Impossiburu

12 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Oh shoot, I missed it! Hol' up, hol' up....

....booo, boooooo all royals! Booooo-- ooo Jade and Pandreo. That's cool!

2/10 no Old People Squad

LMAO. i know ruben would hate it.

8 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Reminds me of the Kaga games, specially in Archanea, where a lot of people simply don't get a happy ending.

its a weird situation that im more than happy to accept. we got Engage which is cheesy and corny at times. but had its moment and actually full closure to death characters. then the ending is just more varied and a mix of happy, bittersweet and sad ending.

then theres 3H with its warcrime, cruel documantaries, zealous fanatics, hyper serious tone , etc. with endings that almost put shame Disney princess show

Edited by joevar

2 minutes ago, joevar said:

its a weird situation that im more than happy to accept. we got Engage which is cheesy and corny at times. but had its moment and actually full closure to death characters. then the ending is just more varied and a mix of happy, bittersweet and sad ending.

then theres 3H with its warcrime, cruel documantaries, zealous fanatics, hyper serious tone , etc. with endings that almost put shame Disney princess

Maybe they wanted to do a bit of standardization due to the four routes? Sure, I'm pretty sure some endings do differ depending on the route, but they still remain overall good happy ending, yes. Maybe it's also so they don't lean into suggesting one route is better than the other, depending on which number of specific characters get better endings and stuff? That's also why the four route themselves ends with "Fodlan ushered into a new golden age" Disney Princess ending too or something like that from what I recall, despite all four routes (well, kinda three due to how similar SS and VW are) going in way different directions. So one isn't considered overall better than the others.

2 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Maybe they wanted to do a bit of standardization due to the four routes? Sure, I'm pretty sure some endings do differ depending on the route, but they still remain overall good happy ending, yes. Maybe it's also so they don't lean into suggesting one route is better than the other, depending on which number of specific characters get better endings and stuff? That's also why the four route themselves ends with "Fodlan ushered into a new golden age" Disney Princess ending too or something like that from what I recall, despite all four routes (well, kinda three due to how similar SS and VW are) going in way different directions. So one isn't considered overall better than the others.

i think thats the case yes. but still a weird step back when they already commit to that kind of plot. its like they really want to keep the status quo between the faction despite telling us its not like that. KT is to blame since it must be already deep-seated in their never-ending 3 kingdoms story root. 

At least IS prove this time they could make a canon + distinct character endings after all. i doubt we could have those credits-roll artwork if theres no canon ending. 

24 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Best case scenario, they keep delivering games of this quality with good stories. But IntSys seemingly hates the very idea lol

*ahem*3HOPES*ahem*

IntSys themselves seems to not know what next game would be like from past interview, lol. smol chance they repeat stuff tho unless its spin off.

6 minutes ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

Maybe i should stop trying to nap and just play ch25 already...

So tired tho...

The suffering. To Engage or not to Engage.

The answer is obviously dream about Sommie.