Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

I can't wait for when we celebrate FE's 55th or 60th or even 70th anniversary for the younger folks, where our grandkids continue the tradition of raising discussion wars and Edelgard keeps being brought up.

Edited by Acacia Sgt

• Replies 176k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Shrimpica

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

@Armagon Have I been posting too much of Iris 2 for you?

Now that I'm like 9 hours in, I intend to trim back my postings of it anyhow. As so far, AI2 is projected to end up as "perfectly playable" and suggestible if one wanted to delve back into the depths of Atelier history. Thus, I don't want to overexpose the game if you ever consider going back to it.

I'm not predicting based on current data that Iris 2 will be an outstanding JRPG or Atelier (more the former than the latter for sure), yet there isn't any drudgery, and it's even being a bit fun for me. Perhaps my standards for what's good are lowered jumping in on the same evening I finished the aged Iris 1. I'm bewildered how a sequel released one day short of a year after could've shown so much improvement over the prior game.

5 hours ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

Fanbase is on fire and there's pretty much a war between 3H'ers and Engage'rs

just like before then? nothing new, back to usual faction camp i go

Three houses was just white clouds of the fanbase

3house was just a temporary truce between the fan. now it breaks apart again lmao

People really really hate the drawbacks and debuffs

too complicated/restricting for their taste maybe? 

5 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

In other news, Engage is still not an option for fav FE in Serenes, but in the meantime, I have updated my sig.

mods are too busy playing it they forgot

3 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

So who were they made for?

people who want different challenge(not necessarily harder). that would include me (at least initially). i hate.. yes hate, skrimishes like awakening. you just repeat chapter with no dialogue. so all you need is just repeat the exact step you did. with vastly different enemy setup, different spawn  (usually you took place the enemy place previously) now you get different feel for the same map

but i dont like how it keeps scaling to player level everytime they refresh and eventually leaving the main story too easy if consistently skirmish -ing. Balance be damned.

2 hours ago, Acacia Sgt said:

So a solution is to not over level them... I think.

that what i thought too, but dont have time to do at the moment. my final lineup all capped at lvl 20/40 with no one ever use second seal. i'll check later whether that theory is true by inserting one or two weak unit to train them

29 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

I can't wait for when we celebrate FE's 55th or 60th or even 70th anniversary for the younger folks, where our grandkids continue the tradition of raising discussion wars and Edelgard keeps being brought up.

Endless Now.

14 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Have I been posting too much of Iris 2 for you?

Honestly nah. Remember I spoiled myself on Xenoblade X and Tellius and I still ended up enjoying those games a lot. By the time I do play the Iris games, enough time would have passed.

Besides like Atelier Ryza 3 comes out in March.

15 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

I'm bewildered how a sequel released one day short of a year after could've shown so much improvement over the prior game.

Gust has a pretty good track record of that. The way it goes is that on a general rule of thumb, each subseries improves as it goes. This is the most apparent in Mysterious imo, there is a consistent increase in quality as it goes from Sophie -> Firis -> Lydie & Suelle -> Sophie 2. Like I actually dislike Sophie 1 so seeing Mysterious improve as it goes was neat. Same with Secret though Ryza 1 is still a good game.

This isn't an end all, be all. Like in Arland, I consider Lulua (Arland 4) at the top (and still the best Atelier tbh), with Rorona (Arland 1) below it and then Totori and Meruru (Arland 2 and 3) are lower spots (Totori is like my least favorite game in the series period). And then in Dusk, Escha & Logy (Dusk 2) I put above Shallie (Dusk 3) but moreso because I enjoyed E&L's characters too much lol.

4 hours ago, Edelguardiansing said:

RbCvYnS.png

JAevMj6.png

Keep laughing.

Don't mind if I do, Lol.

4 hours ago, Lightchao42 said:

Just wait until you find the Edelgardite and get her Mega Evolution!

If she had one, I expect it will be the Hegemon Husk, as that fits with the weird way the dex describes how painful Mega Evolutions always seem to be on the poor Pokemon undergoing it. Although this both is the gen before Megas, and Serperior was not one of the pokemon to get one...

4 hours ago, Lightchao42 said:

On 2/2/2023 at 10:21 AM, Saint Rubenio said:

I made a mistake. I got into an argument with an Engage hater. On Reddit, to boot!

See, your first mistake was that you were on Reddit in the first place.

Words of wisdom I live by as well. Screw Reddit.

1 hour ago, Edelguardiansing said:

Guatemala is fun but jeez I'm exhausted with all we've doing. One of the down sides of being neurodivergent with a neurotypical family is that they often pull you along for rides you don't always have the energy for. It's still fun of course but I do wish I had more days where I could just relax and do nothing. Hopefully I'll get more of that soon.

Glad you are having fun over there, and I get it, sometimes a vacation is more exhausting than your normal life, to point of feeling like you need a vacation from your vacation 😛 

Funny, youtube recommended me this song when it had 0 views and now I downloaded their album. I don't even listen j-pop, wtf youtube

6 hours ago, FlyingKitsune said:

Honestly I'd say it's better than Awakening but that's where things get subjective.

891240318_Therearenolimits.png.4361c33752fb555db88a8083761e6bea.png

5 hours ago, Edelguardiansing said:

Keep laughing.

Eduardo Sterblitch Laugh | Know Your Meme

Her 3H design is 100000x better than her 3Copes design

This ain't the worst i have seen in the last 2 hours alone.

Today was a horrible day in the fanbase lmao

We're only in the second week

4 hours ago, ping said:

uBOsChZ.jpg

Other than the part where he's currently stabbing his own head, this screenshot is actually quite cathartic in retrospect.

Glad to see you've experienced some Dwarf Noble kino. For me it is the best origin because it makes the return to Orzammar weigh much more.

4 hours ago, ping said:

I hope I'm right about Human Noble and that there's going to be some extra spice when confronting Howe.

Sorry.thumb.png.5146195f8edd73764922c6cb2b32f879.png

4 hours ago, ping said:

Playing as a City Elf seems like the most appropriate origin if you want to play as an asshole. You have ample reason to act not just distrustful, but directly hostile towards anything that doesn't have pointy ears. That said, I'm generally not very fond of sexual violence as a narrative tool, so that's why it's still so low on the list.

Itachi Sasuke GIF - Itachi Sasuke You Are Weak - Discover & Share GIFs

City elf is the second best origin because it has the biggest stakes and really helps the worldbuilding

4 hours ago, ping said:

"We must save the helpless women!!!" that I assume the male Elf's story would've been, the helpless woman (well, one of the helpless women) picks up a sword and continues to cut a bloody swath of vengeance.

Yep, and it opens a bunch of others choices, including evil ones like selling them to Vaughan, which no doubt Ruben would do

4 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

I like how her evolution gives her arms.

It's funny because Servine loses its arms when it becomes Serperior

4 hours ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

More devs need to give newcomers the middle finger tbh.

"No, I don't want that!" Reiner edition

https://i.redd.it/yrk23hw5hnea1.jpg

7 hours ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

and think about when to use what and not just spam the best option. It's the game where i think about what weapon to use the most. Especially with Dual strikes and the tradequip shenanigans one can do with it

Well with infinite weapon uses it agree that they need drawbacks in place. 

Otherwise weapons uses could always be a negative.

The only way OP weapons work is if a char has stats like RD Mist. Xd

Florete is an amazing weapon balanced out by a terrible character.

7 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Oh lookie

IMG20230203214232.jpg?width=464&height=6

Gotta speed up the Zelda-thon, Tears of the Kingdom comes out in-HOLY SHIT TEARS OF THE KINGDOM COMES OUT IN THREE MONTHS!

OG Links Awakening is superior. Xd

5 minutes ago, Armagon said:

I have the DX version but i wanted to replay it nice and shiny.

It lacks the "fine polish" of the handheld versions, such as the wicked angled jumps you could do for awesome skips, getting the shell sword before Cat Fishs' Maw. 

The Red Tunic's attack launches enemies as if you have to Power ups attack, fun stuff like that!

Edited by Lightcosmo

In the OG version, the Boomerang could kill the final boss, whereas in DX you need the Bow and Arrow to kill it off. 

Too bad the EN version removed the Mermaid losing her Bra and changing it to her Necklace instead, lame! Xd

Edited by Lightcosmo

4 minutes ago, Lightcosmo said:

It lacks the "fine polish" of the handheld versions, such as the wicked angled jumps you could do for awesome skips, getting the shell sword before Cat Fishs' Maw. 

The Red Tunic's attack launches enemies as if you have to Power ups attack, fun stuff like that!

Last time i played Link's Awakening was when i was 14, all i remember doing is stealing from the shop because i was bad at the game.

TP1C3CS.png

...in order to seek truth, don't you need to seek...ideals?

I guess it's this games way of saying "Oh, both sides are needed to thrive" but it's use of "Ideals" here feels so confusing I don't even know what it's talking about.

It's not like a "You need the two halves of a greater whole" more like a "You need to beat this level before this level" kind of thing.

H9eybHf.png

Ladies and gentlemen, I am officially a gamer.

qc06tiZ.png

The person in question

Byleth in Fire Emblem: Three Houses is a Mess - The Punished Backlog

Edited by Edelguardiansing

2 minutes ago, Edelguardiansing said:

...in order to seek truth, don't you need to seek...ideals?

I guess it's this games way of saying "Oh, both sides are needed to thrive" but it's use of "Ideals" here feels so confusing I don't even know what it's talking about.

It's not like a "You need the two halves of a greater whole" more like a "You need to beat this level before this level" kind of thing.

I think it's in the sense of "thinking of striving for something that is not real, but may be disproven by the truth of the world". That or "thinking on something not real but that could become it, defying the current truth of the world". At least, depending on which version you're playing.

Hey guys, 1AM Spara here with a mental breakdown.

So, with Engage's OST, there are multiple versions of the main map themes, each with a bit more complexity than the previous.

However, one thing I did not realize is that the game actually shifts music tracks midmaps sometimes - when you break down the door in Ch10 the music "upgrades" and adds the choir and some bass simultaneously to the soundtrack while it remains the same piece. I did not notice it the first time, but holy shit this is cool. It's kinda subtle but really cool in practice once you notice it. FE has done midmap soundtrack changes in the past, but nothing like this, and rarely are they permanent like this one!

Hmm... Alear has a piano in their room... which has a flight of stairs just outside the door.

(Spoilers I guess)

Spoiler

I hope you-know-who isn't a violin player...

Edited by Acacia Sgt

Chapter 21 stuff, naturally.

Spoiler

And Marni got Elise'd.

Alear being so upset about that. If only there had been a way to stop it, like, being able to rewind things and act on what you saw... nope, can't say I know about something like that... and probably Alear doesn't know about a way either...

Seriously, why are they so adamant about making the rewind feature be a thing that exists in-universe when it leads to situations like this.

27 minutes ago, Spara said:

However, one thing I did not realize is that the game actually shifts music tracks midmaps sometimes - when you break down the door in Ch10 the music "upgrades" and adds the choir and some bass simultaneously to the soundtrack while it remains the same piece. I did not notice it the first time, but holy shit this is cool. It's kinda subtle but really cool in practice once you notice it. FE has done midmap soundtrack changes in the past, but nothing like this, and rarely are they permanent like this one!

That's super awesome! I almost didn't notice that! Jeez, the devs really put their time in effort into the maps for this...